Chapter 17

The Porcelain Rose

For the next few weeks, Ji Na, Yujin and Yoonah stayed with the BTS gang. The girls went to school and did their studies when they got home. Ji Na tried to be more mature when she’s around BTS and her sisters. But, because of this growth that Ji Na has, she’s been neglecting many of the people in the house. She has been spending a lot of her time on her homework in her room, than being out in the living room with her sisters and BTS.

It just so happens that one day, Yujin walked over to Jin and said, “Oppa, when will unnie come out and play? She’s been so busy with school, that she doesn’t even have time for us anymore.”

Jin sighed and said, “Well, your sister has a lot of homework, more than what you and Yoonah have. But, I’ll see if I can get her to come out here for a while. I do miss spending time with her too.”

Jin stood up and walked over to the bedroom and knocked on the door. There was no response. He opened the door and the sight that greeted him, broke his heart. He saw Ji Na sitting at her desk with her head resting on her arms sleeping. Jin sighed and realized that Ji Na is taking on a lot. Jin backed out of the room and closed the door slowly. He sighed and walked into the living room with the rest of BTS and started to speak.

“We have to do something about Ji Na.”

Namjoon looks up and says, “Why? Did she do something wrong?”

Jin shook his head and said, “No. She’s been working on her homework for the past few weeks. She hardly comes out of her room. She doesn’t play around with her sisters or even us.”

Jimin spoke up and said, “Yeah, and she’s been on good behavior, which is rare for Ji Na.”

Namjoon looks at Jin and said, “What should we do?”

Jin sighed and said, “I found Ji Na sleeping on her desk. She is exhausted. I’m proud of her for trying to do well in school, but at what cost? Yujin and Yoonah depend on their sister and she fell asleep.”

Yujin looks at Jin and said, “I want unnie to do well in school, but before school, we used to play together. She used to take us out and treat us, but now, it’s like she’s not even here.”

Suga looks at Yujin and said, “Well, when you get older, you’ll be doing a lot of homework like Ji Na is doing.”

Yujin looks at Suga and says, “Yeah, but everyone should at least have some time to rest and relax with family and/or friends. I see her for a few minutes when she comes out and gets breakfast or supper, but then that’s it. She spends the rest of the time doing homework. Late at night, while we are sleeping, she’s still doing homework.”

Jin says, “Wait, she still does homework that late in the evening?”

Yujin nods and says, “Yeah. She doesn’t know that I know she hasn’t been sleeping well, because of it.”

Yoonah tapes Yujin and touches and head. Yujin nods and looks at Jin and says, “There were a few times that Ji Na didn’t even have breakfast and she almost passed out.”

J-Hope said, “Wait, while she was here?”

Yoonah nodded and J-Hope looked at BTS and said, “This is serious. She can’t risk her health for school. I know that Ji Na needs an education, but she shouldn’t be doing too much, or she’ll get sick.”

Jin sat down on the couch and Yujin walked over and sat in his lap and he said, “I think we’ll wait till she wakes up, and then we’ll talk to her about her subjects. I think she’s doing too much homework.”

Well, they didn’t have to wait long, they heard the door open and Jin turned around to see Ji Na walk out and into the kitchen. They noticed how tired and exhausted she looks. She gets a glass and fills it with water. She turns and stops when she sees Jin standing in front of her.

Jin says, “Ji Na, are you alright?”

Ji Na nodded and said, “Yeah, I just have a lot to do. Excuse me, Jin oppa, I need to get back to my homework.”

Jin takes the glass from Ji Na and sets it on the table. He takes her hand and they sit on the couch.

Jin says, “Okay, Ji Na, tell us about your classes.”

Ji Na looks at Jin and says, “Why? What’s going on?”

Jin sighed and said, “You’ve been spending an awful lot of time on your homework. When I was in high school, I didn’t spend that much time on it. What’s going on?”

Ji Na shrugs and says, “I don’t know, I just have a lot of projects and essays to do.”

Namjoon speaks up and says, “When are they due?”

Ji Na bites her bottom lip and says, “The projects are not due til the end of next month, and the essays are not due till the end of the school year.”

Suga says, “So, why are you doing so much and making yourself sick?”

Ji Na shakes her head and says, “I’m not sick, Suga oppa.”

Jin looks at Ji Na and says, “From now on, you aren’t going to do all of your homework at the same time.”

Ji Na says, “What? But, Jin oppa?!”

Jin shakes his head and says, “No. Ji Na, you haven’t slept, you barely eat, and you spend your whole semester in your room. You don’t even come out and be with your sisters or even with us.”

Ji Na sighs and says, “Well, it was YOUR idea for me to go back to school. Now, you want me to fail?”

Jin shakes his head and says, “No. But, we don’t want you to risk your health, if your homework doesn’t need to be handed in for a long time. You only do your homework that needs to be turned in tomorrow. The rest can wait.”

Ji Na opened , but quickly shut it when Jin says, “Don’t you care that your sisters want to spend time with you, and play around. You don’t need to bury yourself in homework. Everyone needs time to rest and relax, and that’s what you’re going to do.”

Ji Na looked at him and said, “What? What do you mean?”

Jimin spoke up and said, “Ji Na, you look like . So, we were thinking of taking you and your sisters out.”

Ji Na looks at Jimin and then at the other BTS members and said, “Why?”

Jin says, “We are proud of you, for taking a big responsibility in going back to school. But, you can’t ignore the world around you. Your sisters need you, and they’ve been wanting to spend time with you.”

Ji Na looks at Yujin and Yoonah who were standing off to the side.

Ji Na held out her hand and the girls walked over and she put Yoonah on her lap and Yujin sat next to her and she said, “I’m sorry, girls. I guess I’ve been so busy trying to do well in school, that I got carried away. I’m not the best unnie, but I’ll try to be this time.”

Yujin says, “We don’t want you to be the best unnie. We just want our old unnie back that used to play with us, and take us out. We miss that.”

Ji Na sighs and says, “Well, then I guess if we’re going out, I might as well, put my homework away for a while. I’ll be out in a little bit. I need to freshen up.”

Ji Na stood up and walked into the bedroom. The minute she closed the door, she felt light headed. She walked toward the bed but everything started to turn blurry, and then everything went black. Ji Na fell unconscious to the floor.

BTS and the girls waited for Ji Na. They sat in the living room and talked. Yoonah looked at the clock and saw how late it was getting. She got off Suga’s lap and walked over to the bedroom. She opened the door, and her eyes went wide. She ran over to Ji Na’s still form and started to shake her. But, Ji Na wasn’t waking up. Tears ran down Yoonah face as she got up and ran out and into the living room. Suga was the first to see Yoonah’s tears and he got up.

“What’s wrong Yoonah?”

Yoonah grabbed his hand and they ran to the bedroom. Suga went into the bedroom and knelt next to Ji Na.

“Ji Na, can you hear me? JI NA?!”

Ji Na wasn’t responding to his voice. Suga put his left hand under Ji Na’s back and the right hand under Ji Na’s legs and he ran out into the living room. He yelled at everyone and they all looked to see why, they immediately jumped up.

Jin ran over and touched Ji Na’s head and said, “She’s burning up. We have to take her to the hospital.”

BTS ran out of the house along with Yujin and Yoonah. They piled into the cars and drove to the nearest hospital. Suga jumped out with Ji Na and called for a doctor. He explained the situation, and they immediately laid her in a hospital bed. Suga was forced to leave while they checked Ji Na over. He walked to the waiting area and found BTS and the girls sitting on the seats. Yoonah ran over to Suga and he picked her up. He sat down on a chair and held Yoonah tightly.

Yujin looks at Jin and says, “Is unnie going to be okay? She’s not going to die, is she?”

Jin shook his head and said, “No, your sister won’t die. She’s just very tired.”

Yujin sniffled and said, “I can’t bear to see another one of my family die. Ji Na is the only family we have, aside from Uncle Jun Jin.”

They waited and soon a female doctor walked out and she said, “Are you the party waiting for Im Ji Na?”

Jin stood up and nodded saying, “Yes. How is she doctor?”

The female doctor sighed and said, “Well, she’s okay, but she’s pretty dehydrated and not eating. Are you aware that she was this bad?”

Jin sighed and said, “She has been under a lot of pressure with school, and we didn’t see what was happening. Her sister, Yoonah, found Ji Na passed out on the floor.”

The female doctor looked at Yoonah, and then at Yujin and said, “You’re Ji Na’s sisters, right?”

Yujin nodded and said, “Yes.”

The doctor sighed and said, “Now, that Ji Na is going to have to stay in the hospital for a while, the girls will have to find somewhere to live.”

Suga spoke up and said, “They’ve been living with us, while their uncle is out of town.”

The doctor looked at the boys and said, “They stay with all of you?”

Namjoon nodded and said, “Yes. We’ve been taking care of them like they are own sisters.”

The doctor sighed and said, “Well, as long as you take care of these two girls. I don’t want them to end up like their sister.”

Suga shakes his head and says, “Oh, no. They’ve been eating their food.”

The doctor nodded and said, “Well, like I said, Ji Na will have to stay in the hospital for a few days and get her strength and appetite back up.”

Jin said, “Has she woken up yet?”

The doctor shook her head and said, “Not yet. Why don’t all of you go back home and rest? I’ll call you if anything should come up.” The doctor looks at Jin and says, “Which of you are older?” Jin raises his hand and she says, “I need to talk to you.”

They watch as Jin and the doctor leave, and Yujin says to Namjoon, “I don’t want to leave Ji Na. What if she wakes up and we’re not here?”

Suga says, “Don’t worry, Yujin. Your sister is a fighter. She’ll be fine. We’ll come back tomorrow to see her.”

Jin comes back an hour later and sits down. He says, “The doctor wants to call Child Services.”

Suga says, “Why?”

JIn says, “Because Ji Na is too young to care for her sisters.”

Yujin said, “But, unnie has been an excellent omma. She has done everything for us. We can’t be separated.”

Jin shook his head and said, “You’re not going to be. I’ve talked to the hospital staff and told them that we have been looking after the three of you. We are your guardians until Jun Jin hyung comes back.”

Yujin and Yoonah both smile when they heard that. Jin stood up and said, “Come on, let’s go home. We’ll come back tomorrow to see Ji Na.”

During the night, Ji Na opened her eyes and looked around. She noticed white walls and an annoying beeping sound. She looked over and saw a machine was hooked up to her. She was trying to figure out where she was and then she realized she was in a hospital. She sat up and threw the blanket off. She felt cold and saw she was in a hospital gown. Ji Na took the IV out of her arm and stood on the floor. She looked to the door and saw a nurse walk in.

The nurse smiled and said, “Ah, Ji Na, you’re awake. You shouldn’t be out of bed. You need your rest and something to eat.”

Ji Na looked at the nurse and said, “I don’t want food, I want to get out of here.”

The nurse sighed and said, “Unfortunately, you can’t leave yet. The doctor has to see if you are well enough to be discharged.”

Ji Na said, “Where’s my clothes?”

The nurse smiled again and said, “They are with your family.”

Ji Na said, “My family? What’s going on? How did I get here?”

The nurse said, “One of your family members brought you here, because you collapsed at home. I guess from your chart, you haven’t been resting and eating properly.”

Ji Na looked behind the nurse and said, “Where are they?”

The nurse said, “They went home.”

Ji Na’s eyes went wide and she said, “They left?”

The nurse nodded and walked over to Ji Na, but she took a step back and hit the wall.

The nurse sighed and said, “Ji Na, I won’t hurt you. I’m only here to help you. I need to make sure you’re well enough to go home, maybe tomorrow. But, if you’re going to be a problem, then you’ll have to stay here longer.”

Ji Na glared at the nurse and said, “Don’t patronize me!”

The nurse sighed and said, “Ji Na, please. Just get into the bed and lie down. It’s time for you to take a nap.”

Ji Na’s eyes went wide and she tried to get out of the bed, but the nurse was a little stronger than JI Na. The nurse yelled for some help and two other nurses ran in and held down Ji Na, while the first nurse put the IV back in Ji Na’s arm, and then she took a needle out and gave Ji Na a sedative to relax and fall asleep. Ji Na cried out as she slowly fell asleep.

The nurses left and closed the door. A few minutes later, the door opened again, but instead of a nurse, a young man walked in. He looked at the door and then walked over to Ji Na. He saw her sleeping peacefully. He ran his hand on her head gently and looked at her.

The man looked at his arm which was in a cast and he touched her cheek and said, “So, you’re the Ji Na, I’ve heard about. I guess we are related.”

The man leaned down over Ji Na and lightly placed a kiss on Ji Na’s forehead and said, “When you’re well enough, I’ll come back for you. You won’t be alone anymore.”

The man stood up and smiled, then he turned and walked out of the room. He walked back to his room and laid down on the bed, and looked up at the ceiling.

 

To be continued…

Well, here’s my next chapter. What did you think of it?

Author’s Note:

  • Ji Na hasn’t been taking good care of herself since she started school.
  • Ji Na lands in the hospital and the hospital wants to call Child Services.
  • Even though they gave Shinhwa their word, they took it upon themselves to tell the hospital that they will take care of the girls.
  • A man walked in and said they are related. Who could that be?

Well, here is another chapter. I think this one was pretty good, even though Ji Na ended up in the hospital, due to not taking care of herself. I wonder who the guy is that came into Ji Na’s room and claimed that they were related. You’ll find out soon.

I want to say thanks to iheartbts for commenting. I love to hear how much my readers love my story. It makes me smile when I get good feedback. I hope more people will like my story too.

If you haven’t please leave feedback and upvote the story if you like it. I’d appreciate it.

Thank you to everyone who has stayed and waited for the story to be updated.

And as always…

 

                                SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!