Yubin, July 2015

Jinwoon's Angels

“Sorry, I can’t come to see you tonight. We have this little gathering after filming and…”, Yubin didn't even bother to read the rest of the text.

They hadn’t meet for almost a month. He was busy with his drama and variety shows, she was busy with her comeback. And neither of them tried hard enough to spare some times to meet. It was always like that, all the adrenaline rush and happiness when they’re together, the sentimental farewells when they parted because of each other’s activities, millions of “I miss you”-s through text turned into failed attempts to meet and unanswered video calls. If there is someone that can really understand his schedule, it’s definitely Yubin, but even she couldn’t handle it anymore.

“We were both 27 years old now, and the clock keeps ticking. I cannot wait for you anymore”. Yubin kept saying those words to him and to herself, like a mantra, she wanted to live truly those words. But she didn’t.

A year ago, Jinwoon introduced her and the girls to his gang : Jun & Steve. Jun attended the same department in college with today’s hottest rapper, Beenzino. She could sense that Jun liked Hyerim. Jun, a typical quirky-artsy-quiet kind of guy, fascinated with the amount of positive energy from Hyerim. She could tell from the look of Jun’s eyes. Also she really could tell that Beenzino was so interested in her.

It all started from usual weekend hangouts to midnight bowling time. Usually, it consisted her and Yeeun, because Hyerim preferred to stay at home and practice, while Sunmi’s only reason was “I didn't wanna leave Hyerim alone at home”. Even lately Jinwoon didn’t join them that often. During those times, she was almost inseparable with Beenzino. They were photographed a lot by their clique or paparazzi. Even when they arrived separately to Yeeun’s HATFELT exhibition, people still managed to get a picture of them together inside.

Yubin liked Beenzino. A lot. He’s cool, smart and fun. He’s the it guy. Just when Yubin thought being with Beenzino was slowly making his presence in her disappear, he came to her mom’s place during his visit to America. He brought her mom silk, Korean seasonings and automatic back massage machine. It seemed like usual gifts for elders, but Yubin knew that months ago her mom told them about how she lost her precious silk, how she couldn't find authentic Korean seasoning in America and how she had this annoying back pain that comes and goes everyday. He remembered all that. He even brought the seasoning from one of a village he visited during his filming. Yubin hated him for that. Even he couldn’t reach her when she was with Beenzino, he managed to go to her mom. HER MOM! Aish that guy!

And so he spent a week with Yubin’s mom, and almost everyday Yubin had to answered video calls from him, just because it’s her mom calling her from his phone

“Yubinnie, now we’re eating pizza on the boulevard” her mom waved inside her phone’s LCD, and he was just smiling victoriously

“Looking good, mom” Yubin smiled, “why don’t you call me using your phone, btw?”

“Waaa, our giant ice cream is coming! Talk to you later, baby!” and she hung up on her daughter just like that.

After his trip to her mom’s, they met because her mom sends her favorite snacks through him.

“I need to give you this ASAP” he said in his deep voice

“Yes, or it will turn into an unpleasant porridge”

And so they met, and the circle started again. He always made her laugh easily but still could make her blush whenever he flirted. And he kept her curious with his unfinished words followed with a long deep stare to her eyes. With only 3 hours of meeting, everything that Beenzino paved for months had turned into nothing. She knew it wasn’t right, but she couldn’t let him go that easy. It was so easy for him to pull her back from Beenzino, and she wasn't’ sure that Beenzino could do the same to her. Before things became too serious, she withdrew from Beenzino. She turned down Beenzino’s call and invitations nicely. She didn’t really want to lose him or his IAB gang as friends. Beenzino got her signal. He went MIA, and suddenly introduced his Deutsch-American model girlfriend. Yubin wasn’t really happy for him, she really liked him, but she could only choose one.

He became busier everyday, and so did she. They slowly parted again, and all the frustration from him and her emerging come back date bottled up that night.

Jinwoon was there on the sofa, playing with Hyerim’s guitar, while Hyerim reading on his far right. Yeeun and Sunmi went out to eat late night snacks with Jane.

“I really need a boyfriend”, Yubin sighed to Hyerim & Jinwoon

Jinwoon put down his guitar “WHAT?! What about…”

“I don't care about him anymore. Can’t you see, I’m in vain right now! I can’t spend my youth just waiting for him you know”

“But I thought, you guys are going steady again?”

Hyerim put down his book “nah, this is just another episode from them. Unnnie will be lovey dovey again with him in no time”

“No, I wont”

“Hyerim’s right. Look at what happened with Sungbin (Beenzino’s real name) hyung. I don’t think finding another guy for you would be an answer”

“Nooo Jinwoon! This time will be different!

Jinwoon picked Hyerim’s guitar again “yeah right”

Yubin, frustrated with her dongsaengs, went back to her room. Checking at her phone, there was a notification :

“I’m here. I have something for you. Come down now”

Yubin cursed under her breathe. How dare he after all he had done to her, making her wait and cancelling their plans?!

 “We were both 27 years old now, and the clock keeps ticking. I cannot wait for you anymore”, she repeated those words. There was another notification, a cheesy cat sticker, crying under the moonlight. Without thinking twice, she got up, wearing her long jacket walked out of her room

“Yah, Yubin nuna where are you going?” asked Jinwoon

Yubin didn’t answer, she just went straight out to the door

“What the… What happened?!” He asked Hyerim

“Relax oppa, it’s just Taecyeon oppa downstairs. He must’ve brought something for Yubin unnie from his filming site. It’s happening every month you know. You need to be familiar with this from now on, Jinwoon oppa”, answered Hyerim didn’t even look away from her book.