Intro

Jinwoon's Angels

Early 2015

Jung Jinwoon just finished his taping for his current variety show when a chat bar popped up on his phone :

From Hatfelt, a screenshot from Dispatch page with a caption “speechless”.

Without checking the message thoroughly, Jinwoon put his phone back to his pocket and saying goodbyes to the staffs & other cast. Back in his company car, he dialed Yeeun’s number

“nuna, do you need me to come over?”

“where are you?”

“approaching back to Seoul. In 30 minutes, I’ll be in company’s building”

“have you eaten?”

Jinwoon tried to remember his last meal, which is almost 5 hours ago “kinda”

“Hyerim experimented with some Italian tonight. We have so many leftovers. Come, come”

“I’ll get my car from the company’s parking lot, and go there straight away”

An hour later, Jinwoon arrived in front of Yeeun, Yubin, Sunmi and Hyerim’s door. The sight that became familiar to him in the last 1.5 year. Since there was a plan to create Wonder Girls with 4 members, including Sunmi, the always-traveling Yeeun, Yubin & Hyerim had finally settled in Seoul. Because they left Korea in 2008, and not really made any connection within their short promotional & visit in Korea, the girls didn’t have much friends inside the industry. Jinwoon was always close with the nunas, and now that they have permanently stayed, they hanged a lot. Jinwoon became their go-to guy, the fifth unofficial member of Wonder Girls, in charge of moral support.

Not long after he pressed the buzzer, Yeeun opened the door

“Hey! I hope you’re craving for pasta” she said, letting him in

“As long as there is a red wine that goes along with it”

Jinwoon sat on the kitchen table, the food were already there and put inside plastic boxes. “Leftovers? That much?”

Yeeun handed him a plate “It’s all on Hyerim. We were just her guinea pigs”

Jinwoon took some pasta, some breads that looks like a bruschetta but with unidentified toppings, some salad, more pasta and more bread. “It’s all good, she can actually build a food business from her skill”, said Jinwoon as he sipped his red wine. Yeeun sat across him, munching on some greens from the salad.

“now,” Jinwoon put down his glass and stared at Yeeun “are you okay?”

Yeeun laughed, “I’m fine. But, no. Actually I kind of angry. I mean, when he broke up with me, he said he cannot stand long distance relationship. That, I was totally fine with. But when he started dating the next one, it’s just another long distance relationship. And I felt like the dumbest girl on earth. Now, he’s getting married next month, after only 3 years of dating. He used to say that he wants to marry late, he wants to focus on his football career, and he was afraid that he will make me wait. And look at him now... Unbelievable”

Jinwoon didn’t actually know that guy, but he’s quite famous. International football player from Korea, Ki Seung Yueng. Yeeun dated him around 2011-2012 and they broke up before Like This promotion. At first it seemed like a normal break ups and brokenheart, but as things folded, Yeeun found out that her ex is not as saint as she thought. When she realized that Ki Seung Yueng immediately dated an actress, she just crushed. That was the moment when Hatfelt’s solo album idea came to life.

“I don’t ever think that you’re dumb. It’s just, like I told you before and I told Yubin nuna and Beenzino hyung : you guys are not meant for each other. You know, I’m a simple person, it may sound harsh but he’s not for you and vice versa. He’s getting married, so what? In less than 6 months, you and your troops are gonna make a long awaited comeback. You’re gonna set a new standard for other girl groups out there. A bright future is waiting for you, nuna. While he’s only gonna get married, you’re gonna be a legend”.

Yeeun buried her face inside her palms for a few silent minutes, and let out a long deep sigh. She faced Jinwoon again, take her glass and poured some wine.

“You know what to do right?” Jinwoon raised his glass. Yeeun raised her glass “to a legendary life”, they toasted and someone is walking to the kitchen. Sunmi, in her pjs ran to hug Jinwoon, “waaa you really came for Yeeun unnie”.

“yah, shouldn’t you be sleeping?”, Jinwoon struggled to release himself from Sunmi’s embrace, or rather choking.

“I want to sleep with Hyerim”

“why?”

“I miss her” said Sunmi cheekily

“I guess I need to go back, because I too, should be sleeping right now”, Jinwoon got up from his chair

“Just stay the night, like usual. You’ve had too much wine” said Yeeun

“It’s okay, it’s nothing, really”

“No, I won’t let you drive. You sleep here tonight” when Yeeun said so, one basically had no any other choice

“You take my room oppa, I’m gonna sleep with Hyerim anyway”

Jinwoon walked with Sunmi toward her room, before reaching her own room, she stopped in front of Hyerim’s room. “The light’s on? She’s still awake?”. Carefully Sunmi opened Hyerim’s door, and Jinwoon peeked behind her shoulder. Hyerim was still pretty much awake, with her short night gown, practicing guitar with headphones. She immediately noticed Sunmi standing in her doorstep & Jinwoon, kinda look embarrassed because he didn’t know where to look. Hyerim’s night gown was fine, but as a gentleman, Jinwoon kept his distance.

“wah! You’re still practicing?!” said Sunmi, bewildered

Hyerim took of her headphones “no, actually, it’s just a personal jamming session. Hi Jinwoon oppa!”, she waved to Jinwoon.

Seeing Hyerim didn’t mind him seeing her in a nightgown, Jinwoon step inside Hyerim’s room and sat beside her, examining her guitar. “You’re getting cooler everyday” said Jinwoon, he picked Hyerim’s guitar and started playing.

“you came for Yeeun unnie didn’t you?”

“yep”

“and you’re going to sleep here tonight?”

Jinwoon nodded

“Mimi, I’ll sleep with you, okay. Jinwoon oppa can sleep in my room” said Hyerim

“well, actually, I was planning to sleep in you room so Jinwoon oppa can have mine”

“I think it’s better for him to stay in my room. My bed is still made. And you can play my guitar, and use my aromatic candle, how is it oppa?”

Jinwoon laughed “I take Hyerim’s offer. It’s way better than yours, Sunmi”

Hyerim got up and put an aromatic candle & a lighter on a small table “here, you can light it whenever you feel like it”, then she left to sleep in Sunmi’s room.

 

 

August 2015

Jinwoon entered Wonder Girls waiting room for Music Bank. Yubin, Yeeun and Sunmi ran to him like puppies seeing their mother. Hyerim was still being styled by the make up artists, she just waved frantically to him. “I got champagne for us. It’s an early celebration” Jinwoon gave a large paperbag to Wonder Girls’ manager.

“It was all kill last night. I think you guys can win triple crown” Jinwoon sat between Yeeun and Sunmi, Yubin right in front of him, playing with her drum sticks

“I don't want to put my hopes too high” Yeeun chirped

“We can always set a target. What do you guys want? I can give you some presents if you win triple crown”

“a boyfriend!” shouted Yeeun, “Yes!” said Yubin, while Sunmi & Hyerim just giggled

“Well, I can help you with that. Actually I really want to help you guys to date”

“Should we tell you our ideal type?” Yeeun was the front liner of this idea

“Nope”

“Why Jinwoon-ah?!”

“Because Yubin nuna & Yeeun nuna tend to be too fixated with you ideal type, thus you keep missing out the good chances”

Yubin laughed, she knew exactly what Jinwoon meant. It’s always Taecyeon, when it comes to her and her relationship with guys. No matter who is closing in on her, she always pushed the away and got back with Taecyeon. On the other hand, Ms. Perfectionist Park Yeeun always wants something that is organized and familiar. No randomness.

“But what about us?” said Hyerim

“No, in exchange of you winning triple crown, you should tell me the fragrance of that aromatic candle in your room”

“it’s not faaaair, I want to be set up with guys too!”

“yes, after you tell me the fragrance. Why the secrecy in the first place?”

Hyerim giggled again “Then I’ll tell you later. After winning the triple crown”

“YAH!”

“Wonder Girls, it’s time”, said the stage manager. The girls gathered for group pray, Jinwoon joined them, standing between Hyerim and Yubin.

“Good luck girls! Remember, you presents are awaiting for you”, said Jinwoon, raising his champagne glass to the girls.