Chapter 1

Bite Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mei stretched, feeling exceptionally good.

Well, if anyone had dreams like hers, they'd feel good too.

She sighed, turning and snuggling deeper into the warmth of her bed – which felt exceptionally fluffy today, just like the coverlet felt exceptionally silky. She needed to accept drinks from handsome men more often if that's how it felt afterwards. She'd had the most wonderful dreams last night, very detailed, very… explicit. Heat rushed to her cheeks but she refused to feel guilty for something that felt so good, grinning into the pillow instead – dreams starring the man she'd only caught glimpses of so far in the waking hours.

Baekhyun… the vampire lord.

She giggled, wondering where that had come from. Had she seen too many vampire dramas? Well, it wasn't her fault Blood had a killer story line and a y male lead. But well, having Baekhyun instead of Ahn JaeHyun was just as good – better, even because Baekhyun was the guy she'd been pining for since forever.

She'd first seen him from a distance, when she'd been going back to her dorm after a girls' night out. She'd thought she was imagining things because how could anyone look so perfect and be real at the same time? Then he'd smiled and she'd literally swooned.

She'd passed it off as stumbling because she'd drunk too much (a lie if there ever was one, she detested alcohol) but her neck had gotten a crick from trying to keep an eye on him all the way back. She'd read the name of the club – Red Dragon – before it vanished from sight and had returned, dressed to kill, the next weekend, in hopes of catching him again.

All she'd gotten for her efforts was unwanted attention from unwanted people and an alarming number of phone numbers slipped into her bag which she'd distributed among her friends. 'Knock yourselves out,' she'd said.

Then, a few weeks later they'd been at some charity event – her friend had dragged her there because apparently, One Direction was coming but she had no interest in them… except Zayn because he was pretty and Harry's voice was really nice. So, really, no interest…

She'd literally kissed her friend for taking her there, though. Because that's where she'd finally learned his name – Byun Baekhyun, the host of the event and one of the greatest patrons of art in this area. He was all stylishly disarrayed hair, sophisticated suits and smooth voice, the crisply accented syllables falling like knives to her heart and making her bleed. Ugh, he was perfection!

And then, he sang and she nearly swooned again because holy hell, his voice was like chocolate melting over hot Alaska cake and like birds flying in paradise and sunlight breaking over the mountain top and every beautiful like that.

She'd fallen for him, hard. And then, he'd vanished again and not resurfaced until three weeks back. She'd whiled away that time, trying to gather as much information about him as she could – for a local celebrity, he sure was mysterious. No one knew where he lived and what he did for a living, just that he was one of the most influential people in town.

Then she'd set about making a plan to get his attention. Her friends thought she was kidding when she'd declared it but they didn't know her. She was confident about herself, so that wasn’t a problem. The problem was actually locating the guy so she could talk to him.

She'd frequented all the places he was likely to show up at and had all but eventually given up, settling on visiting the club she'd first seen him at every weekend instead. She'd even made friends with the nice bartender, Kai, who'd started offering her drinks (on the house) because he felt sorry for her and even Sehun, the poker-faced, stick-thin bouncer,, cracked a smile when she showed up.

She'd wondered if they would tell her about Baekhyun – they dealt with customers, they knew all the regulars – but the staff was actually pretty close-mouthed about their clientele. So she hadn't brought it up and had been fast on her way to depression – what? You try chasing an elusive mysterious guy for six months without success, then tell her it didn't make you depressed – when she'd seen him again.

She sprayed her drink all over Kai's new apron and choked on the cherry he'd so considerately put in.

He thumped her back to get her breath flowing again but she smacked his hand away and turned her head to make sure he wasn't just her imagination.

Then she whipped her head about, pinning Kai with a hard stare. 'How do I look?'

'Like you just choked on a cherry,' he replied mildly, wincing when she smacked his shoulder. 'Easy, this body's made for loving, not wrestling!'

She rolled her eyes, disregarding his silly protest – as if she could hit that hard without bruising her own hand. 'No seriously, how do I look? Do I need to touch up my makeup? Hair?'

Kai leaned on his elbows, taking her hand between his own. 'Mei, look at me!'

She tried to dismiss him but his grip was strong and she finally met his eyes. 'You look fine… gorgeous even. Now stop panicking and breathe with me, okay?'

She nodded, slowly matching her breaths with his and felt herself relax. He patted her hands and straightened. 'Go knock him dead.'

'You're the best!' she told him sincerely, slipping out of her stool and sauntering after where she'd seen Baekhyun disappear.

It wasn't really hard to find him; he was lounging casually against the wall, having forgone the suit in favor drool-inducing leather pants and jacket, hair slicked to a side and looking so damn y, she felt her nerves falter for a moment.

Then she'd gathered her courage and marched up to him like she owned the world.

Only to be intercepted midway by Suho, the manager of the club and one of the nicest guys she knew.

Who also happened to be completely oblivious, stopping to chat with her while she tried to politely slip away before Baekhyun moved from his spot or she lost her nerve but Suho kept on chattering and she paid no mind to him.

Maybe she should've because the next thing she knew, she was being handed a card that would let her access to the club's private rooms, even in off hours and Suho smiling sincerely, telling her to have fun.

When she looked the next time, Baekhyun wasn't there.

She felt like crying – a few frustrated tears even slipped free and she angrily wiped them away. Stupid Suho with his stupid, polite smile and his stupid hurt expression when someone denied him anything… ugh! Stupid Baekhyun, why did he have to keep disappearing like that?

She'd walked back to the bar, slipped into her favorite stool and sobbed on the counter until she'd felt soft fingers pat her head. She lifted her head, sniffing pathetically. 'One coke, please…' she choked out, 'neat.'

D.O, the other bartender who alternated with Kai for bar duty, offered her a gentle smile and poured her an entire glass, placing the bottle beside her.

She'd drunk herself on coke that night, until she was buzzing with caffeine and sugar and her self-pity had morphed into anger. She didn't need to chase after anyone, she could get any guy she wanted, groveling at her feet.

'I'm sure that's true…' D.O replied, busy wiping the glasses and placing them back in the cabinet. 'But I really don't think you're in any condition to dance.'

'I can dance in my sleep!' she'd declared expansively and stumbled off to prove just that and after a while, Kai had joined her – if only to stop her from falling down. He'd twirled her around and made it all look like a part of their regular performance, making her bow with him at the end amongst wild applause, and immediately pushing her off the floor.

She'd landed smack on someone's chest and had opened for a scathing remark – she was drunk, what was their excuse? – but it had trailed off as her brain short-circuited, drowning into the deep brown tinged with red.

She'd literally fallen into Baekhyun's arms and oh lord, she was a messy sweat – wait, no, a sweaty mess. Holy… what to do? What to do?

'Hi…?' she asked, mentally smacking her head as his nose wrinkled – like she stunk – before he suddenly pushed her away, staring at her intensely.

Argh, she'd offended him because she was stinky. And her mascara must've leaked because of her tears, so now she had black tracks on her cheeks. That'd certainly explain why he looked like he'd seen a ghost. He probably thought she was a ghost haunting this club.

He hadn't said anything, just turned around and rapidly slipped away while she stood staring after him.

She hadn't seen him since.

At least, not when she was awake. He was a frequent presence in her dreams though and she shamelessly flirted with this dream-Baekhyun, who found her more alluring than the stars – his words and wasn't he a sweet talker? – and who lavished her with attention. It had gotten to the point where she didn't want to wake up and was always rushing through the day so she could sleep and meet with him again.

Her friends thought she'd gone crazy and maybe she had but it was all his fault for being so perfect.

Then last night, he'd asked her why she hadn't tried to meet him during the day and she'd pou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter