tranquility

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours

CoryaYo - Easylike

---------------------------------------

      Seungkwan stepped out of the bathroom to see a sight he had been longing to see since Jisoo had shown unplatonic emotions toward someone. Jisoo and Hansol were attached by the lips and they hadn't seen him as he stepped back into the bathroom. They only heard him when he started squealing. The boys both pulled away in shock by the sudden sound. Everything was completely still for a short moment. Shortly after Hansol began whispering "What the he-", several squeals were heard which led to Jisoo pulling Hansol into the room and shutting the door in embarrassment. Before he shoved the younger into the room, both had caught a glimpse of Seungcheol gripping Jeonghan's hand [what a traitor] and Jihoon with wide eyes and a grin behind them. Hansol was laughing but was undoubtedly flustered by the peering eyes. "I'm sorry," He said, gripping onto the elder's hand very tightly, "I shouldn't have told him I was coming to your dorm." 

 

  Jisoo looked at him with an equally flustered face. "It's fine. They would have found out eventually, right?" He smiled lightly to reassure the boy. Hansol smiled as well. Hearing those words from the elder felt really nice. Hansol went over the adjectives he would use to describe him in that moment. Only cute came to his mind before he noticed a pair of eyes peering from the door crack. His facial expression flashed from serene to frightened. Without much thinking he grabbed for Jisoo's arm and pulled him behind him. "You didn't tell me your room was haunted!" He yelled. Since the boy was shorter, Jisoo was easily able to see over the boys hair to see what had startled him so. It was Seungkwan, who still hadn't left the bathroom and held Hansol in a steady glare. The eldest of the room couldn't help but begin laughing at the sudden stare-off. Both of them turned their heads to the laughing boy, glaring at him instead of each other. "Hansol, that's just Seungkwan." Jisoo was basically cackling. 

Seungkwan rolled his eyes, taking small footsteps from the bathroom. His lips that usually held a smile, even a faint one, were set straight in determination. Hansol was complete opposite of the latter in that moment. A bright, gummy grin, hiccuped laughter, and seal clapping. Jeju's Boy narrowed his eyes. "STRAIGHTEN UP! HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK!" He barked without prior notice. The couple ceased their laughter straightaway, slightly confused. Jisoo was the first pull the corners of his lips upward. "Seungkwan, you don't have to do tha-" He was cut off by another bark. "TELL ME THIS, CADET ENGLISH." Jisoo made a chortling sound when he heard 'Cadet English.' 

He took a seat on the bed to view his now-maybe-is-he? boyfriend being harassed by his roommate. It was a really enjoyable moment. "ARE YOU.. or are you not dating our precious church boy?" Seungkwan said. The question caught both boys off guard. Hansol made a choking sound which earned him a glare. The miniature Leonardo DiCaprio grinned. "Yes. I am." He turned to observe Jisoo's reddened face. "I'm glad I am. I really am. Thank you." The only thing the latter could do was glance down to avoid an even redder face. "Thank you too." He said softly. Shyness was suddenly striking at him. Geez, what horrible timing, he thought to himself. 

  Seungkwan was smiling as well. A genuinely happy smile that shined in his eyes and on his lips. Seungkwan looked down at the time. 1:35 am. When he glanced up from his watch, he noticed a bag in the youngest boy's hand. "Oh?" He said, looking at the bag. Both boys tossed their gaze up from the floor. "Yeah?" Jisoo replied. Jeju's boy lifted his pointer finger up, aiming it at the bag. "Steamed buns?" Jisoo said without having to look twice at the bag. The youngest smiled. "We met because of these things. And, they're so yummy." He pulled one out of the bag, offering it to Seungkwan, then another for Jisoo. The boys all ate peacefully, two with a red face as they barely brushed their fingers against each other. One had a face of absolute delight. 

-------------------------------------

The first, and only ones to know of  the newly established relationship were the beagle group plus Mr.Lee and Cha Hakyeon, the store guy. All of them were extremely happy, especially Mr. Cha who clapped his hands together loudly before handing them a handwritten coupon that read, "Free steamed buns (all year long) plus 75% off beverages." Pink, lilac, blue-ish lavender colours filled in the lettering, giving it a much more professional look. Still, the typical handmade vibe lingered around, which gave it a more thoughtful feeling. Jisoo felt extremely grateful to the elder who helped it all happen. 

Mr.Lee was cooler about it. As a teacher and a musician, he included advice. "I'm glad you're finally dating, but remember," He paused to fix the boys under his gaze. "To focus on school and music before anything else. Don't ignore your schoolwork or waiting music projects to hang out with the other bum." He smiled a bit. Both of the boys nodded. "Thank you, professor." They said in near perfect synchronization. 

The beagles later on went to celebrate, suggested by Jihoon. They walked down the moonlit streets that night, talking about the couple. "Seriously though, I always felt it." Seungkwan said, looking at each of the boys. The vocal line plus Soonyoung glanced at each other and bursted into a fit of laughter. "What are you? The Medium of Jejudo Island?" Seokmin teased with the widest smile. "Yes." Seungkwan flipped his invisible edges in the most diva-like manner. "I'm really glad for you two. The feeling you guys created when you were even just near each other was so overwhelming. I would always think to myself 'Why don't they just kiss already.'" Seungcheol grinned. Shouts of agreement responded to them which resulted in Jisoo and Hansol to both go "Ehh."

Jeonghan stared at both boys with nothing but mother-like love. "I'm so proud." He said. The other beagles looked up. "What are you?" Soonyoung said. "A mom? Hey mom! Where are we going to eat?" He said, a teasing tone washing his words. The long-haired boy nodded. "I am your mom. Ask your dad where we'll be eating." He said, linking arms with Seungcheol. Silence fell among the group. "No way." Jun said and caused a domino effect. Shouts and cheers that could be heard from at least ten blocks away filled up the silence. "Are you two dating?" Jisoo yelled happily. "No." Seungcheol yelled back, blush on his cheeks. Silence fell over them once again, murmurs of disappointment interrupting it. "Not yet, at least." The elder added. 

-----------------------------------

Hansol and Jisoo sat quietly on the roof. The beagles had gone back to their dorms. They had purposely made sure to leave the boys alone together. A comforting silence held them together by the hands. Jisoo gave a light squeeze. Hansol did too. "Being with you," He said. "It feels right. Some of the past people I've been with were fun to be around but they lacked something." Jisoo was looking at him while he spoke. "What do you think they lacked?" He asked. "A calmness. A serene feeling. A tranquility." Hansol replied. No more words were spoken. They simply were not needed. Not until the elder leaned in to kiss the latter. A peacefulness had fallen over them like a blanket of snow gently cascading down from light grey skies. "I feel the same." He said. "I love calmness, and you are calming." Hansol said, leaning his head on the elder's shoulder. Their silhouettes printed against the landscape. Against the stars, the city lights.

 It was beautiful.  


---------------------------------------

And END! 
That's the end of this story but little bonus chapters could be added here and there u know. 
Thank you so much for reading and subscribing and upvoting and comment! I lovE reading all the comments. 

once again, thank u all soOooo much for reading! have a nice day/night/evening/afternoon!!! 
[p.s i'm v sry for any and all typos. i honestly dont proofread anymore dkdkici sorry!!]