guitar

Steamed Buns and Ungodly Hours
Joshua had known something had been brewing under his nose since the morning. His closest friends smirked at each other throughout the day, then when he was spotted he was given a normal smile. 
 
"Are you sure you can get there before him?" The boy heard Jeonghan, the Angel as he was known as around campus, ask Seungkwan. His roommate. His horrible roommate who always said puns and should have a warrant for his arrest out. 
 
 Seungkwan nodded with a sly look. So there Joshua was, sitting outside of his dorm with his guitar in one hand, a note that read 'Play a song for us hyung then we'll let you in :)' in the other. 
 
 It was signed by none other than Seungkwan, Jeonghan, Jihoon (what a nosy devil), and of course beagle Seokmin. The boy had simply given up after thirty minutes of persistent knocking. "Just sing one song!" Jeonghan said. "It's only one song! I know you've been working on that one english song." Pun lord Seungkwan added. "Isn't his english really good?" Seokmin responded. 
 
The dark haired boy simply shut his eyes, the beagles rambling on through the door. He would have done what they asked, but he was simply too shy. One time, he sang for the boys. They had fallen completely for his skills. "Join choir!" They exclaimed often. "Why don't you?" He'd reply. It would shut them up for a while. Only for a while. After moments of intense thinking, he finally gave in. "Alright fine." Was all it took to cease their chatter.
 
 The first chords rang out, a few people passed by staring. This caused his face to redden a bit. "Mind over matter, does it matter to any of us?" 
 
A creaking sound rang out as the door opened slowly. Everyone stared with intent. "And if the world don't break, I'll be shaking it." Calmness stole over Joshua. "Because I'm a young man after all." 
 
People began gathering around, some took out their phones, encouraging the red face to brighten in colour. One boy stood in front of him. He was from one of Joshua's classes. Quite a beautiful boy with a slight smile tugging at the right side of his lips. Joshua enjoyed looking at him in the class they shared. "And when the seasons change, will you stand by me?" Unknowingly, Joshua looked at the boy when he sang that line. 
 
He instantly looked down after they made eye contact. "Oooh ooh ooh." The boys joined in at this part, harmonizing almost perfectly.  
 
"Mind over matter, I'm in tatters thinking about you." Once again,
Joshua's dark eyes met the sea green ones. Money fell at his side just at the right moment but he refused it by shaking his head. The other boys gladly accepted the bills handed to them. 
 
He continued singing until the end, cheeks never fading in colour. Applauds were heard throughout that half of the building. It was then that he realized exactly how many people heard him, how many people were there. Joshua swallowed the sudden panic in his throat, stood up, and took a 90 degree bow. 
 
"Thank you. Thank you." A small smile found it's way to his lips. "You sing so well hyung! You should come over to my dorm and sing for my friend and me." The pretty boy grinned widely. He smiled at him, nodding. "Maybe sometime." The green eyed boy nodded back. "Could you give me your number? I really want to talk to you sometime about a collab if you want."
 
 Before the tanner one could reply, Seungkwan's hand shot out. A sticky note with numbers on it. "Here it is!" 
The crowd was leaving as swiftly as they came, most of were late to class. His hand reached out to accept the paper, eyes scanning over the paper. "Your name is Joshua?" He suddenly spoke in english. "Y-yeah." 
 
 You stuttered! Josh thought giving himself a mental slap. "A biblical name, right? I'm Vernon." 
 
Joshua's eyes widened slightly at the mention of the name. "The one who makes mixtapes with the S.Coups guy?" Jihoon, the short cutie who would murder you with a string for calling him cute or tiny, asked with sudden interest. Vernon nodded once more with a wide grin on his face. 
 
"I really like that one song from the mixtape. Volume 8 I think?" Joshua said in english which caused looks of envy amongst the "choir boys". Vernon started laughing with surprise and excitement. "You know it? I thought you wouldn't like hip hop!" 
 
Joshua let out a gentle peal of laughter that several girls swooned over when he wasn't about. "How come?" The eavesdropping boys stood at the doorway obviously listening with great intent.
 
 "You look like a cute little church boy." Hansol's eyes were now crescents of green, his smile wide as he said this in korean. A squeal was heard from one of the eavesdroppers. Joshua's face reddened, and luckily for him the taller was looking down at his phone. "Oh my friend needs help. I'll text you, alright, church boy?"
 
Before the latter could answer, Vernon. was already off. He jogged at a steady pace but was already more than 50 feet away. "CUTE CHURCH BOY?!" Seungkwan screeched after pulling the boy in by the collar. "Isn't that the boy you stare at in that one class we have together?" Seokmin said with his famous eye smile. "He's the one who you said looked like that one american actor?" Jeonghan chimed in. "I want to collab with S.Coups." Jihoon piped in. 
 
"I can see he's already got you wRAPPED up in his heart." Seungkwan added into the chatter. Instantly, their voices stopped. "Come here you little brat." The shortest began attacking him. Everyone else joined the attack including Joshua. Laughter rang out.
 
---------------------------------
 
Cries of defeat rang out in another room. "Vernon, I will die right now on your bed if you don't come quickly." A boy with round specs murmured to himself as he stared at the lyrics neatly typed out on screen. Barging in through the small dorm's door came Vernon. "Yo." He said plopping his bag down then proceeding to taking out his phone. "Right on time to witness my death, ." Seungcheol smiles. 
 
The Leonardo DiCaprio lookalike switched his eyes from a small sticky note to his phone as he seemed to be typing out something. "Got another girl's number? Instead of helping a friend in need out? How dare you!" The older boy grabbed a paper and pen, wrote 'Vernon' on it then shot it across the room into a trash can. "This boy." Seungcheol grumbled as the younger continued the one sided silence. 
 
"It's a boy, smartass." Hansol at last spoke, saying the last word in english. 
'Wassup, It's Vernon ^^' Read his recently sent text. 
"Boy? Are you cheating on me?" The spectacled one questioned. "You know what, tell me tomorrow. Right now help me out with these lyrics." 
 
Neatly typed out lyrics sat in his green eyes. "These are good, but I wanna hear like the flow you know? Rap it out for me." 
"I'll turn on the beat, I already finished it." 
Gentle yet sorrow piano chords sounded throughout the air. Drum symbols were tapped around three times then the spectacled boy began rapping. 
 
The emotion in his voice was raw, but contained a soothing feeling. His voice stopped. "I want you to add in on this part, except in english. Sing it." 
"Are you giving me homework, hyung?"
"Are you going against what your dad has said?" 
 
Horrendous laughter broke into the air. "Gross! Don't ever call yourself my dad again!" Hansol yelled, possibly annoying the dormmates down the hallway. "Seriously though, can you do it?" 
Seungcheol asked with his eyes looking at the latter's phone screen. 
 
Hansol noticed the notification as well. 
Cute Church Boy. The text was from a contact named Cute Church Boy with a haloed emoji.
 
"Cute church boy? Is that the boy who's always looking at you in class?" Seungcheol spoke with interest that knew no boundaries. "Maybe." The green eyed boy replied smugly.
 
Cute Church Boy: Hi! It's Joshua. 
 
This caused Hansol to break into more laughter. What a cute guy this Joshua was.