Fourteen

Take Me Away

Jungkook turns around just as the feline’s body falls to the ground, bleeding with a huge sword still pierced through it’s tiny body as Jimin finally puts an end to the pathetic coward who held the sword.

“Hyung!” the pirate falls on the ground as well, cradling the feline’s head on his bloody hands. “Taehyung-hyung, hey!”

Taehyung looks up and sees the younger. “I’m… I’m glad you’re both okay…”

Jimin has to look away. He has to look away because it ing hurts.

“Why… Why is it raining?” Taehyung asks like he can’t even feel the huge sword on his body, draining all of his blood as the ground seeps it along with his life. He looks up at Jungkook but he can barely see the younger’s face now. “By the way, Jungkook,” he manages to smile even though his eyes can’t see nothing anymore.

“Jimin has always been yours~”

“HYUNG!!!”

But Taehyung isn’t able to hear Jungkook’s cry anymore. Or cries as he cradles the dead cat’s body in his arms, pulling the sword that took his life away and Jimin holds him together.

He remembers those times he hated Taehyung for being close to Jimin, for being the one closer to Jimin when it should be him. He remembers those times he doubted Taehyung’s intentions are only friendly towards Jimin. He remembers those times he told Taehyung to back off because Jimin is his.

But after all those…

He can remember the huge smile the feline always wears for them. To show them that it’s going to be alright, that he’s going to think a way out through things. To give them strength.

He remembers that smile as he tells Jungkook that Jimin has always been his.

“Come on, hyung,” the pirate carefully leaves the feline’s corpse on the ground again. “We have to hurry. There’s no time.”

“But…” Jimin looks up at Jungkook, broken. The most broken he can remember he has felt.

“Let’s not put their deaths in vain, hyung,” Jungkook whispers and even in his hushed voice, there is visible melancholy.

The prince can still see a huge amount of fear and agony but Jungkook’s hand is also stretched out to him. He think of Yoongi. And Seokjin. And Namjoon. And Hoseok. He glances briefly towards Taehyung’s dead body and plants a kiss on the feline’s head along with a whisper of thanks.

Then, he grabs Jungkook’s hand and they run towards the egg together.

In no time, they see the weapon which really looks amusingly alike to an egg. It is a huge rounded object that has a transparent shell and inside are about the most destructive nuclear explosives Jimin and Jungkook has ever seen before.

“They need your power to use this,” the pirate tells the prince.

“How do we destroy it?” Jimin asks.

“Kill me.”

“Okay,” the prince immediately answers, looking for some buttons he can fiddle with or holes he can somehow transfer a ridiculous amount of his power to the egg and destroy it once and for all until he realizes what Jungkook just said. “WHAT?!”

Jungkook takes a deep breath. “Hyung, you have to kill me,” he repeats, avoiding Jimin’s confused eyes. “It’s the only way.”

“What the are you talking about, Jungkook?!”

“Your power is divided to the two of us! Why do you think I keep surviving when I don’t even have a proper power while the hyungs keep on dying?! They made it like that… because too much power can kill you. It can kill one person but you need all of it if you’re going to destroy the egg. You can only get all of it if I die,” the pirate quietly explains. “That’s what in the prophecy. If we end this, if we finish this now, everything will return back to normal. There won’t be Gooses and there won’t be us living so many ing lives.”

Jimin shakes his head, taking a couple of step backwards. He can’t… He doesn’t understand. “What are you talking about, Jungkook?”

“Hyung!” Jungkook holds Jimin’s shoulder and shakes him back to reality. “We didn’t tell you because we never reached so close to finishing the mission until now. We didn’t tell you because… because…”

“Because you thought it’ll never happen,” the prince finishes.

The pirate looks away, letting go of Jimin’s shoulder.

“But now it has come to this.”

“You have to do it, hyung,” Jungkook whispers, finally looking deep into Jimin’s eyes. He is scared, too. So damn scared. If there’s any way he can see this through with Jimin, he’ll do it, but he knows there is no other way.

He has to die so all of them can live. Can live again, that is. So the world has to live.

“I can’t do it, Jungkook,” the prince shakes his head, avoiding Jungkook’s eyes, trying to break free from the younger’s hold. “I can’t do it. I can’t do it.” He repeats over and over again.

“Hyung, it’s the only way!”

“I can’t do it!”

“You have to!” Jungkook finally breaks down. “You have to, hyung… It’s the only way we can all be free from all of this.” He knows Jimin’s memory is still compromised and Jimin shouldn’t be blamed if he doesn’t remember anything in the past, how painful everything has been. Losing one another over and over again and repeating that for so many times.

Jimin looks at the pirate with tears of his own. “Jungkook…” his voice is pleading, like Jungkook can change this. He can say he is only joking or there are other ways to save the world.

Jungkook smiles sadly at him. “Please, hyung,” he whispers.

The prince opens his mouth to say no but he closes it again. He looks at Jungkook and he can see the pain and agony the younger is holding from the deaths of their friends and what is going to happen next.

Jimin doesn’t stop himself from shaking. The image of their friends’ corpses coming back to his mind and the vision of Jungkook’s dead body beside him when he finally gets all of his powers to destroy the egg. His entire body is shaking because his heart is shattering. Why did it have to end like this?

The pirate immediately comes beside him and hold both of his hands in his. He knows how hard it has to be for Jimin and how he’d give anything to trade places with him now… even though he’s not sure how well he’ll handle being the one to kill the other but just this moment, to take away the confusion and pain in Jimin, he’d give anything.

“Ssh, ssh,” Jungkook hushes, kissing Jimin’s hands. “It’s okay, hyung, huh? It’s okay. It’s going to be okay. We’ll finally finish this mission and we’ll return back to our normal lives and we’ll live like normal people. We might even see Hoseok-hyung or Taehyung-hyung around… We might see each other and we might remember each other and…”

Jimin is having a hard time breathing.

“You might remember me then,” Jungkook continues with a small smile. “Huh? It’ll be good, hyung. It’ll be for the good of everybody. And the world will be saved and…”

.

.

.

“I love you, Jungkook.”

Jungkook’s eyes widen as he meets Jimin’s gaze clouded with tears. He smiles and cries together. “I don’t — Please,” he finally gives in. He finally lets himself to be weak again. He finally lets himself to not be the warrior but to just be the person who wants the person he loves to remember him and their love. “We’ll be okay. I’ll remember you and you’ll remember me after all this… Or if not, we’ll still find each other, right? We can still find each other and we’ll be together no matter what, hyung. You’ll never be able to forget me then…”

Jimin bits his lower lip. “I’m sorry I can’t remember anything.”

“It’s okay. It’s okay,” Jungkook hushes his apologies. “Just remember me next time, hyung.”

“I will, Jungkook,” Jimin nods, kissing back Jungkook’s hands.

“We’ll be okay,” Jungkook tells him again. “We’ll be okay.”

But then, there’s not much time. Enemies are beginning to arrive. A flock of hundreds of them at a time.

Jungkook hands one of his swords to Jimin.

Jimin receives it. 

“I’ll see you soon, Jungkook.”

“Remember me, hyung…”

The prince pushes the sword through Jungkook’s garment, through Jungkook’s skin and through Jungkook’s heart. Jimin smiles at him as he slowly loses his life before he pulls out the sword. Blood gushes out of his body as he falls on Jimin.

“Wait for me,” Jimin whispers to Jungkook’s ears before the younger finally loses his life and reveals the half of power that is meant for the key, enveloping the entire surrounding in complete brightness and suddenly, everything that happened in the past comes back like lightning to Jimin.

Jungkook’s hair.

Jungkook’s eyes.

Jungkook’s smile.

Jungkook’s touch.

Jungkook’s love.

All of the previous lifetimes they had — as a busker or a peasant or a scientist or a teacher — comes back to him and he suddenly knows just what he needs to do before one of the enemies reach to him.

He touches the egg with the thought of seeing Jungkook again before he turns everything into dust. The egg, the basement, the enemies. Himself.

 

“I’ll see you soon, Jungkook.”