Thirteen

Take Me Away

After Taehyung sends them a signal to move, the prince and the pirate waste no time and run towards the center of the Gooses’ base to look for the egg. But Namjoon and Hoseok already caused a huge ruckus on Route A, there are already enemies in Route C — blue and red masked enemies which will stop at nothing until they get their hands on Jimin.

Jungkook and Jimin tries fighting as much as they can, with Jungkook always pushing Jimin behind him, until white masked enemies begin to appear as well, having heard the signal that the key is on Route C.

“Help, hyung!” Jungkook finally calls for back-up. He knows the others are probably in a tight situation as well but they have to protect Jimin no ing matter what if they want to succeed this mission.

In no time, Hoseok appears. The boar is already covered in blood and his eyes are already blank.

The pirate doesn’t have to ask.

Jimin looks at him and quickly, he looks away, too, biting his bottom lip. Why do they have to lose their friends one by one?

“Jungkook, get Jimin to the egg,” Hoseok says through gritted teeth. “I’ll handle this.”

“But hyung, there are too many,” Jungkook begins to argue.

The boar only stares at him with blank eyes.

Jungkook understands.

“Come on, hyung,” he finally says to Jimin, grabbing his hand once again.

“But,” Jimin starts but he sees Jungkook’s eyes. The pirate also doesn’t want to leave. But they have no choice. They have to leave this to Hoseok so they can go. He finally gives up and lets the pirate drag him towards the basement.

“We’ll see you, hyung,” Jungkook says lastly.

They are already gone when Hoseok’s tears finally fall — his eyes shimmering the remaining light in it as he remembers every friend he lost, every time this happened for the past fifty years. Five black masked enemies. Two red and blue masked. Then, there’re those troublesome white masked enemies as well. He can see them all but his vision is only on his friends.

He readies himself to charge at the enemies. To keep them from passing through him no matter what, until his last breath permits him so.

He charges but not before answering the pirate’s last words to him with the saddest smile. “I’ll see you all.”

Jungkook tells himself over and over that he has to be strong. He needs to be strong if he wants to see this through, to finish this, or all of his friends’ death will be for nothing. He needs to be stronger than he has ever been to protect Jimin.

But…

He shivers. He doesn’t even realize he has been crying. He is breaking down. He is shaking. He is shattering from inside. He is…

“Calm down, Jungkook,” Jimin’s soft voice surrounds his falling apart mind. “Take a deep breath… Calm down. Here, hold my hand. I’m here, okay? I’m here.”

Jungkook’s eyes finally see Jimin. The prince is holding him together in his arms when he should be the one holding and protecting Jimin. He looks worriedly at him. It seems as though they have stopped because he has been crying so badly.

Jimin’s eyes soften as he lets out a sigh of relief when Jungkook finally opens his eyes. He cries and hugs Jungkook tightly. “I’m here, okay? We’ll be okay.”

Tears fall from the pirate’s eyes. He should be the one telling the prince that but instead it’s happening the other way around.

“We’ll be okay. We’ll be okay,” Jimin continues hushing the pirate’s tears.

.

.

.

Jungkook’s eyes widen when suddenly, two white masked enemies appear behind Jimin. Instinctively, he draws his swords and pushes Jimin behind him. These white masked enemies are ridiculously strong and it doesn’t matter how his nose is running or how tears are still messing his sight but he needs to protect Jimin. That is the only thing that’s running his mind.

The enemies have caught up with him and it’s his fault for being weak. Black, blue and red on top of the white masked enemies he is currently fighting.

One of them sneaks behind and is about to grab Jimin.

But Jungkook stands between them and slashes that blue masked’s hands. His eyes are dark. The darkest Jimin has ever seen as he points his swords towards the enemies. “Don’t touch him,” he whispers dangerously.

Until one by one, the enemies attack them.

Jungkook! Jungkook, are you alright? How’s Jimin?!

It’s not the right time to talk but he knows Taehyung must be engaged somewhere critical as well like them.

There are so many here, hyung. We’re fine. We’ll be fine. I can handle this.

Wait a little longer. I’ll be there soon.

Jimin has little experience with fights because in the palace, he only fought soldiers who are trained to lose to him for his parents’ and supposedly his future parents-in-law’s amusement. He hates how little he can help Jungkook.

But ultimately, Jungkook handles each enemy as they come to him. Ripping and tearing them apart as he remembers Yoongi, Seokjin, Namjoon, and Hoseok. He doesn’t care how blood is dripping from his sword to his body because he only has one thing in his mind.

He needs to protect Jimin.

After some more time, the bloody pirate is finally able to finish off the enemies leaving a bloodbath from where they are standing. He’s not a god though. He has a lot of hits, multiple wounds as he finally falls on his knees if not for the sword he is holding against the ground to stand up.

The blood on his body are not only that from the enemies.

“Jungkook!” Jimin runs after him.

“Sorry, hyung,” the pirate tells him with a smirk. “I didn’t even know I was crying earlier. If we didn’t stop, the enemies probably wouldn’t have caught after us. I put you through much danger. I’m sorry.”

This time, Jimin is the one crying vehemently. “Idiot,” he whispers, harshly wiping his tears. “It’s okay to cry.”

Just then, a sword raises behind Jungkook.

Jimin’s eyes widen but even if he hurries to stand up to be the one to save Jungkook this time, it happens to fast. There’s no time. The sword will pierce through from Jungkook’s back to his heart.

A white masked enemy has been waiting for his chance.

The prince’s mouth gapes open as he is about to shout for Jungkook to dodge but even that comes late as the sword charges faster but not faster than a feline’s body.