Chapter 4

Its You!

  Chang Wook woke up from the couch, he drank so much last night with his best friend Seo Joon, he wanted to forget what had happened yesterday at the hospital.  He got off the couch feeling a little dizzy, went to the kitchen to get a glass of water since his mouth was dry from all the drinking. As he was drinking his water, he heard that his door opened and someone was coming inside. It was no one other than Sun Mi, his wife.

-Oh my, look at you! You look so ugly! – Sun Mi said as she made a face that she was disgusted. Chang Wook blew her a kiss and went back to sit down on the couch, Sun Mi followed him and sat down on the other side of the couch.

-Why are you here? – Chang Wook asked.

-Remember that my parents want to have lunch with us, well for you will be breakfast since you just got up. – Sun Mi said. -Why did you drink so much?

-I just wanted too. -Chang Wook said as he laid back down on the couch. Sun Mi’s phone began to ring and she quickly answered.

-Hi honey…I’ll meet you when I am done having lunch with my parents…Okay I’ll see you later. – Sun Mi said as she hanged up.

-What are you going to do when your parents find out that you are still with your boyfriend? We are going to be in trouble. – Chang Wook said as he sat back up. Sun Mi leaned in and whispered to his face -Won’t it be fun. – Sun Mi said it as if she didn’t care. -You are the one who still married me when you knew that I was with him and you were totally cool about it. –

 

(3 years ago: )

 Chang Wook arrived at Hong Kong after 2 days since Jin Hee broke up. Both families agreed that they should get married as soon as Chang Wook arrived. He was actually getting ready for the wedding, he didn’t even know the girl and he couldn’t believe that he was actually going to do this. In his dressing room, he sat down on the chair until they would call him till it was time for him to go out to the wedding hall. He closed his eyes and started to think of Jin Hee, until he heard the door opened as he quickly opened his eyes but to only find a girl in a wedding dress closing the door slowly.

-Can I help you? – Chang Wook asked as he got off the chair. -What do you think you are doing in here? -

The girl looked at him up and down, she carefully observed him. -You are not that bad.- She said. She bowed to him as he did as well. -My name is Sun Mi, Kim Sun Mi.-

-I’m Chang Wook, you know that if the groom sees the bride before the ceremony it will be bad luck. – Chang Wook said.

Sun Mi laughed and said -I know why you are marrying me. And I don’t care for the reason though, but I do have a deal for you. – Sun Mi said. -Marry me, you will have the shares from family’s company and I will get my parents off my back for me getting married. I won’t ask you to treat me as a wife.

Chang Wook looked at her confuse. -Whats the reason for this deal? -He asked.

 -My boyfriend. I have a boyfriend in Korea who is waiting for me, but my parents won’t allow me to be with him, since his family and mine don’t get along so well. After we get married we move to korea and we will just pretend that we have a beautiful marriage. They expect for us to have a child since we barely met. – Sun Mi said. She took out her hand so they could shake on it. He liked the idea but he felt envy towards her because she was still going to have her love of her life even if she is married. Lucky her.

-Fine, let’s get this over with. – Chang Wook agreed to it and shook her hand. And just like that the two got married. Over the years they both got pretty close and just had a healthy friendship.

 

(Present time.)

 

-Hurry and go shower or else we are going to be late. – Sun Mi said as she threw him a pillow. Chang Wook listened to her and he quickly got into the shower.

 

….

 

Jin Hee went to the nearest café, to go get some coffee for the way. As she got her coffee and was about to leave the café, Seo Joon stopped right in front of her. He looked at her coffee and stared at her. -Are you really going to have that for lunch? – He asked.

-Why not? I already paid for it. I will see you tomorrow Teacher Park. – Jin Hee bowed. But Seo Joon stopped her before took another step. -I asked you to have lunch with me and you completely reject me. – He said.

-I’m sorry but don’t you think it will be weird that a teacher and the student having lunch together will lead to a misunderstanding. – Jin Hee said.

Seo Joon leaned towards her face and smiled. -What type of misunderstanding? – He asked.

Jin Hee took a step back and kind of blushed. –People will start talking, and I don’t want that.- she said.

-Well just think of it like this, a sunbae is buying lunch for his hoobae. There is nothing wrong with that. – He said. Jin Hee knew there wasn’t wrong with any of that but why does he keep insisting to have lunch with her, she kept asking herself that. -I saw one of your samples and I want to discuss it with you over lunch. I have another class in like an hour or so. What do you say?- Seo Joon said.

-You saw one of my samples? – Jin Hee asked. Seo Joon nodded his head. -Well if it’s about that  then I guess it will be okay then.

-Great, follow me. – Seo Joon said as he walks in front of her and lead her to his car. And they were on their way to go have lunch.

 

 

Sun Mi and Chang Wook walked in the restaurant like a wedding couple, they sat at the table while they wait for Sun Mi’s parents to get there.

-I don’t know why they are always late. -Sun Mi said annoyed. Chang Wook laughed at her, he took a sip of his water that the waiter had served.

-Where are you and your boyfriend going tonight? – Chang Wook asked.

-I don’t know, maybe we might go clubbing. – Sun Mi said. -How about you?

-I don’t know, maybe just hang out with Seo Joon and get some baes. – Chang Wook said.

-Take care of yourself, Chang Wook. Don’t drink so much, if there is something bothering you come and talk to me to and don’t hold it in. -Sun Mi said as she patted his back.

-I’ll be back; I’m going to the restroom. – Chang Wook said as he got up and made his way towards the restroom.

 

Jin Hee and Seo Joon arrived at the restaurant, Jin Hee looked at the name of the restaurant and was completely shocked. -Is this where we are going to have lunch? - She asked.

Seo Joon nodded his head.  -Don’t worry, its really good here. – He said with a smile. Jin Hee thought if Seo Joon could afford this place then he must have a lot of money. She felt that this was a bad idea but she was here so there was nothing she could do about it. As they were both going to go inside the restaurant, Seo Joon’s phone started to ring.

-Why don’t you go ahead, I’ll catch up to you when I’m finished with this call. – Seo Joon said.

Jin Hee listened to him and walked in first.

-How many in your party mam? – A waiter asked.

-Well we are two, but can you point me to the restroom first. – She said. The waiter showed her the way. -Thank you so much.

As Jin Hee was walking towards the restrooms, she saw a familiar face coming out of the men’s restroom and she stopped her steps. Chang Wook got out of the restroom and saw Jin Hee standing right in front of the restroom. They both looked at each other blankly, but Jin Hee turned around so she could leave but Chang Wook ran to her and stopped her.

-Jin Hee wait! Why do you keep leaving every time you see me? – He said. Jin Hee ignored him and walked right past him but Chang Wook grabbed her by the arm and turned to face him. -We need to talk. We can’t be ignoring each other. – Chang Wook said. Jin Hee escaped from his grip and slapped him. -There is nothing to talk about. - She said and left, but that didn’t stop Chang Wook. He went after her all the way outside. Seo Joon was about to hang up and saw that Jin Hee passed him and after came Chang Wook following her.

-Oh this is bad. -Seo Joon said to himself.

 

-Baek Jin Hee, stop! – Chang Wook stopped right in front of her. Jin Hee looked at him annoyed.

-What do you want from me? – Jin Hee asked.

-Please can we just talk, I am only asking for 15 minutes of your time and after that we don’t have to see each other. – Chang Wook said. Jin Hee remembered what she had told herself in front of the mirror, that it was the past and she should be strong. Jin Hee sighed and took a while thinking about it.

-Fine. When? – Jin Hee asked.

-Tomorrow at this time, and you know exactly where. - Chang Wook said. Seo Joon appeared in front of them. -Jin Hee what are you doing? Where you going to leave?- He asked.

-Seo Joon, what are you doing here?- Chang Wook said surprised to see him.

-I didn’t know you were going to be here, Chang Wook. I came here to have lunch with Jin Hee , we came here to discuss about some work stuff.  You?- Seo Joon said.

-I came here to have lunch with Sun Mi.- Chang Wook said.

-Well since you are going to be here, its going to make Jin Hee uncomfortable so I guess we will have lunch some other place I’ll see you later. -Seo Joon said. -Jin hee follow me.

-I’ll see you tomorrow. – Jin Hee told Chang Wook. Chang Wook saw them both walking toward Seo Joon’s car and saw them drove off.

Chang Wook felt angered towards his best friend and had a feeling that Jin Hee was the reason why he was feeling anger.

 

To Be Continued…