day one of summer break.

summer break, summer war!

MAIN BACKGROUND IMAGE

CHAPTER ONE:

LIVING TOGETHER BECAUSE IT'S FAIR THAT WAY.

tumblr_nut5zur8Ed1se0yt8o5_400.gif tumblr_ns0y3hlUOB1uxrk7zo1_400.gif 

 

the first time seokjin had talked to a girl was in his second-year of high school and that is only because she was asking him to ‘move, you tall ’ because he was blocking her view of the black board. he went to an all-boys school during elementary and middle school so to be pretty honest, despite him being the oldest of them all – his experience with girls is as limited as their youngest, jungkook. even jungkook had been on dates before. the others (read: jimin) are always shoving him to groups of girls in order to help him be less awkward with them, although they're very well aware of the fact that jin is awkward to everything and anything. . even to potted plants.

and now, he's being shoved towards one of the girls, the one who acts like a mother and constantly hides the other girls behind her to ‘compromise’ their current situation. in another word, the rest of the boys are unintentionally planning his death. jin stumbled his way to the girl who had both her arms folded across her chest and eye-ing him with a stare that makes him feel very conscious about everything. jimin should be the one in charge of this, he thought as the girl tilted her head to one side and raises one eyebrow at him, urging him to speak. 

“there'd been a mix-up, right? with the, um, booking.. s– so, it would be unfair to kick you guys out because the rent is paid, right? u– um, i was thinking. . maybe we could. . live together?” although the sentence is fairly easy to be laid out and to jin, it doesn't contain any ual innuendos or suggestive words, the way the girl drops both her hands and stares at him with those wide eyes of hers, it makes him feel like some sort of ert. of course it's a weird suggestion, asking seven teen girls to live with seven other teen boys but in jin's defense, it is the only way to keep everything fair for both groups. he wouldn't want to kick the girls out and he had a feeling that the girls aren't planning to give up the summer house, either, especially when they'd paid for everything and even gotten the key to the house.

du-ri is rendered speechless. despite her habit of giving hot boys privileges and being a little less strict with them, this hot boy suggestion isn't acceptable in the slightest. sure, there'd been a mix-up and yes, it's unfair to them if they got kicked out just because they paid the rent later than the boys but. . living together? them and these strangers they don't know about? them and these strangers who, du-ri recalled, had make kissy faces and even appear shirtless in front of their maknae on their first meeting?

“no.” her answer is definite, her tone firm. there is a reason why du-ri is the mom and the resident spokesperson for the girls, afterall. the boy in front of her slumps his shoulders, sighing to himself. “sorry to disappoint, i'm not going to just let my girls live with seven teen boys! whom i don't know a single thing about! it's outrageous!” and, ahn du-ri the worrywart finally drops her act of a cool mom. she throws both her hands in the air, shaking her head at how outrageous the idea sounded to her. 

tentatively, jin took a step towards her. “w- what,” du-ri mutters, taking a step backward and almost tripping over her own feet. “okay, i know it sounds crazy but it's only fair for both of us. you paid for this, we paid for it too! the house is big, it's not like we have to share the same bathroom or something-” jin began and jimin, who'd been eavesdropping on their conversation chimed in cheerfully, with one of his bright grin, “although i won't mind if you wanted to share.” du-ri shakes her head at jimin and jin pushes him aside to yoongi, who're already getting ready to knock the boy on the head with his shoe.

“ignore jimin, he'd been lied to by taehyung so he's a bit. . uh, well, i– i honestly. it's dangerous for you girls to go anywhere at this hour so just spend a night in the house? with us? and maybe. . discuss with your girls about my suggestion?” jin puts on one of his hopeless face, hoping du-ri would give this suggestion a thought. he was slightly disappointed about du-ri's hostility towards him but judging from the way her face softens, his acting had probably been a success.

she lets out a loud sigh, scratching her head with her bottom lips between her teeth. “i. . i guess we'll stay for the night.” jin's face brightens as he took a step toward her, wanting to hold her hand and thank her but du-ri quickly folds her arms across her chest again. “j- just because it's late. and for just one night. i'll discuss with them first. .” her words trailed off and she awkwardly raises her left hand to jin before trudging towards the girls, who're all sitting on the patio in a circle.


“so they're staying?”

after the whole ordeal, the boys had assembled in one of the biggest room in the house and sitting in a circle, jin is re-enacting the scene from earlier. “i don't know about that for sure, she says she'll ask the other girls first. honestly, i want them to stay. . so you guys would behave,” he said after the whole scene is acted out in front of the boys. yoongi makes a face at jin's words but doesn't say anything about it. 

“honestly, i don't mind having to stay with them.” namjoon announces, finally locking his phone and putting it on the round table near him. hoseok glances at his phone and it somehow reminds him of the images that he'd seen in the car, making him grimace at it before turning around to face the boys once again. “me too! we could have fun together,” hoseok added, nodding to himself.

jimin grins at hoseok, slinging his arm over hoseok's shoulder. “and by fun, you mean what kind of fun, hyung?” cheekily, he asks. the question earns him a few kicks from taehyung and jungkook, a death glare from jin and yoongi while namjoon simply laughs at it. jimin frowns at the negative response towards what he would call a funny question. honestly, everyone is so unforgiving when it comes to him these days. . they should realize that he'd been forced against his will to follow them here. 

“i'm okay with them here but it's going to be awkward, right hyung?” taehyung asks, habitually his lips and glancing at jin for an answer. “why would it be awkward, you punk, it's not like we'd not been with girls.” jimin answered for him instead, now lying across the floor with his phone in his hand. taehyung makes a face at him but acknowledging his answer anyway. 


jungkook, however, is against the whole idea of finding themselves girlfriends this summer or even having fun with these seven teen girls that came out of nowhere. “i don't want them here.” he shakes his head even when jimin looks at him with his annoying puppy eyes. “it's supposed to be our summer vacation. not ours and some strange girls.”

“yah, they rented this house too. it's unfair to kick them out, it's the landlord's fault.” yoongi said from across the room, finally finish with whatever he's writing on his notebook. “hyung, you're defending them?” almost incredulously, hoseok asks and in answer, yoongi knitted his eyebrows together. 

“no. i'm just trying to be civil.” 

“hyung, civil isn't a word that i would describe you with–” taehyung began while jimin and jungkook had already started laughing at yoongi's answer. frowning, yoongi flashes them his middle finger, earning more loud laughters from the rest of the boys. although he is unknowing of it (he's always unknowing of it), yoongi had lifted the sour mood from earlier.


du-ri paces in front of the six girls, who're all sitting cross-legged on the floor. they're staring up at her, various expressions taking over their face as each moment pass by with no explanation from du-ri. she finally gave up the minute junha yawns and drops to her knees, wincing to herself from the pain.

“guys, we can't leave this house just because some boys are taking over it. it'll make us the losers, right? so, let's do a voting! if you wanted to leave, then raise your hand,” she finalizes, standing up straight away and raising her hand. so-ri raises her hand, her eyebrows knitted together while leaning slightly forward to look at the other girls' answer. ahjin had her hand raised, grinning to du-ri who nodded agreeingly at her. junha had her head on yowon's shoulder while yowon stares at her hands, not wanting to see the disappointment in du-ri's eyes. du-ri looked at aeyoung next, disbelief shown clearly in her eyes as aeyoung shrugged, half-wincing and half-grinning at her. she holds her head with both her hands, hoping saetbyul would be her sensible self and vote to leave so they would win the voting.

saetbyul seems unmoved as she stretches her long legs across the floor and stares up at du-ri with a blank face. “princess moon, please tell me this isn't true!” du-ri pleads, dropping to her knees again and throwing her arms around saetbyul's shoulder. sori crawls over to saetbyul and du-ri, who're now fake-sobbing into saetbyul's shoulder. sori started shaking her shoulders, gently at first and when saetbyul still refuses to raise her hand, she breaks into fake-sobs herself. “our princess moon is gone. . who are you? where do you come from!” sori asks, more to herself than to saetbyul who broke out into giggles at their exaggerated reactions.

she gently removes du-ri's arms off her shoulders while simultaneously patting sori's hand. “i'm still saetbyul, what're you guys talking about?” letting out a soft giggle, she continues, “they all seemed nice. they're very attractive, too. . who knows if this summer, we can get ourselves boyfriends?” she suggested and both yowon and aeyoung turns red at her statement. 

“unnie!” aeyoung whines, pushing ahjin aside when the older girl leans close to her, raising both her eyebrows playfully. ahjin hugs the younger girl, laughing to herself. “maknae, what're you imagining, huh?” ignoring aeyoung's thrashing, ahjin held the girl closer to her. knowing full well that she wouldn't be able to get ahjin to stop hugging her, aeyoung gave up and pats ahjin's arms gently, smiling at her.


“junha-yah, who do you like from the boys?” 

a little later on the night, when the girls are done discussing their plans for their summer vacation that is on-going due to the voting results, they're all lying on their respective blankets in the dark. they were supposed to be asleep, really, but it's not like they could catch any sleep with everything that had happened today. 

yowon, who's lying beside junha asks, all of a sudden. du-ri laughs aloud at the question because she's sure the potato haven't even look closely at the boys while aeyoung and ahjin urges her to answer. sori turns her back towards them, covering her ears with her pillow although she's pretty interested in the question, too. saetbyul doesn't say anything and her face remains blank but she's waiting for junha's answer eagerly, too.

junha fakes a yawn, blinking at the ceiling slowly after realizing that they're all anticipating her answer. “is there a boy who matches my personality? like, have you guys get to know their names already? i didn't look at them closely before so i really don't know what they're like and everything.” she started and yowon lets out a loud sigh. it's her fault for expecting their resident couch potato to actually take interest in the boys, though. before she could even start on explaining the boys, junha had sit up straight, now appearing more energetic than any of them.

“but like, i don't know, would that make him my crush if i think i like him? hm? i honestly don't think any of them are ugly, per se, but hey, i haven't seen a lot of guys in my life, right? the only guy that i see on a daily basis is juhwan but you guys know that he's my family member so i can't possibly think of him as like, a guy, guy, right? what if i think i like this one guy whom i'm going to choose but it turns out that he isn't someone i actually like? am i a player?” the talkative junha had make her comeback and it would be hard for the girls to get her to shut up now that she'd been on a tangent. sori nudges yowon with her elbow, asking the younger girl to get junha to shut up so they could all sleep but yowon is already sleeping (or fake-sleeping, sori couldn't tell.) she sits up, too, to look over the other girls and they're all either sleeping or covering their head with their blankets. 

“potato-yah, please go to sleep. i can't even catch what you're talking about. . in the morning, i'll answer that for you, okay?” sori offers, only because she needed junha to shut up so the other girls could sleep, regardless of whether they're sleeping for real or not. they might also disturb the other boys so as the father, she have to put her foot down for once and get junha to sleep, too. 

junha turns around, only now realizing that the other girls had fallen asleep. she lies back down slowly, but without any intention of drifting off to sleep soon. she was silent for a few moments and sori, taking that as her cue to also go back to sleep, fluffs up her pillow and silently lies back down.

“but unnie–” she started, only for the fun of it and ahjin, being the closest to her out of everyone pulls her into a headlock, screaming, “yah, yah, yah! sleep, sleep, talk later in the morning.” junha started giggling and realizing that the girl's only doing it to annoy her, ahjin lets go of the younger girl. 

saetbyul sits up next, messing up her long hair. in the dark, she looked like a ghost, especially with her white pajamas. “guys, sleep.” with those words, both ahjin and junha automatically lies down and started playfully kicking each other under their blankets instead. satisfied with the silence, saetbyul went back to lying down to catch some sleep before having to face the next day with the seven boys. du-ri nudges saetbyul, holding out a thumbs-up for the girl. saetbyul smiles at du-ri in the dark, playfully hitting her arm.

 

sori wishes that morning wouldn't come, so they wouldn't have face another day with the stranger boys that she so despises. she forcefully shuts her eyes, erasing all bad images that had begun appearing in her mind one by one. 

and it's only day 1 of their summer break.


AUTHOR NOTE: while writing this, i didn't realize that it gets longer and longer. it's so fun to write about both the girls and the boys. sorry for the lack of interactions between bangtan x eunpyeong girls in this one! they would definitely start interacting the next day, though!!!! also!! thank you for the nice comments, i wanted to cry guys you guys are so nice!! ;  ; i hope this chapter isn't too bad, i'll do better in the upcoming chapters!!!!!