prologue —​ welcome to pyeong!

summer break, summer war!

MAIN BACKGROUND IMAGE

PROLOGUE:

IN WHICH EUNPYEONG GIRLS MEET BANGTAN BOYS.

tumblr_nut5zur8Ed1se0yt8o5_400.gif tumblr_ns0y3hlUOB1uxrk7zo1_400.gif 

 

"namjoon, can you ask those three at the back to sit down? they're going to fall out of the truck," jin said, worriedly glancing at the sideview mirror. the maknae line – jimin, taehyung and jungkook – gets to sit at the back of the truck and they're all standing up, despite the moving vehicle and it seemed like they're having some sort of an award show. jimin is hip-ing to something while taehyung and jungkook throws chips at him. . probably as confetti.

 

no respond from the younger male riding shotgun makes jin takes the risk of taking his eyes off the road and turns his attention towards the boy instead. namjoon seems to be absorbed in whatever he's watching on his phone and he probably didn't even notice the ruckus that the trio is creating at the back. hoseok is staring out the window while yoongi is sleeping with his earphones on. "namjoon?" he called out, slightly louder this time. hoseok seemed to notice and he leans forward, watching whatever namjoon is watching from the back of his shoulder. seokjin sighs in frustration and ignores namjoon but glances at his sideview mirror every now and then.

pale bodies. . . and. . is that a di- "yo!" hoseok screeched, knocking namjoon on his head. seokjin turns to look at hoseok but just for a brief second before turning his attention back on the road. "what are you watching? i should spray you with holy water, why're you so hormonal!" hoseok shouted and namjoon dropped his phone, realizing that hoseok noticed what he was formerly doing. he quickly locks his phone and sticks it into his pant's pocket, acting like he wasn't watching just minutes ago. "i can't believe this. . hyung, he was watching , hyung!" and now hoseok is reporting it to seokjin. if namjoon isn't namjoon, he would've turn around in his seat and hits hoseok with something. instead, he closes his eyes and refuses to meet seokjin's piercing stare.

seokjin sighs, shaking his head. "namjoon, i told you to stop watching that. . it's unhealthy." he was about to say more when a car cuts in front of him. "that was fu- that was rude, damn." the sudden brake wakes yoongi up and he isn't too happy about it. . although he wasn't actually sleeping before. he'd heard all about namjoon and his -addiction, and although he doesn't usually engage in this kind of conversations, he's in a pretty good mood today so he might as well do. yoongi leans slightly forward in his seat and kicks the back of namjoon's seat. 

namjoon turns around, a confused expression on his face and yoongi flashes him a smile. "you know what happens when you e a lot? it would swell and then explode!" yoongi then proceeds to show how big the explosion would be with exaggerated hand gestures while hoseok laughs, a bit too loud and too enthusiastic at his joke. namjoon scoffs and mimicks yoongi's gestures. 

"you're lying, hyung. i'm the genius amongst us, i know that's not true." he replied and yoongi rolled his eyes. he was just joking, he already know that it isn't true. i mean, have you heard of a d explosion? no, right? it's a joke. although so, he still felt annoyed. he kicked the back of namjoon's seat harder this time, namjoon laughing shortly at his annoyance. 

"oh yeah, namjoon, ask the kids at the back to sit down," jin finally says after catching taehyung and jimin now doing the whip dance at the back while jungkook. . sings?  singing or just shouting, jin couldn't make out. what he knows is that they should sit the down before one of them falls out of the truck and turn their summer break into a funeral for three. he swear he saw taehyung almost falling out of the truck once and his heart almost stopped beating.

almost lazily, namjoon rolled down his window and sticks his head out. "oi, sit down if you don't want to die," he shouted but it was barely heard at the back. jungkook notices and namjoon shouts the same words again, hoping their golden maknae can understand. jungkook sits down and held a thumbs-up to namjoon while simultaneously trying to pull his older friends to sit down. taehyung protested and again, almost fell off the truck until jimin kicks him in the knee to get him to sit. 

the car was silent for a while, until they were a few km away from the summer house's compound and they spotted seven girls walking in the direction of the summer house with their bags, talking animatedly to each other. hoseok who'd been whining about how bored he is taps seokjin's shoulders while his eyes are glued to the girls, "hyung, hyung, slow down, i saw potential girlfriends." jin rolled his eyes at hoseok and try not to slow down but okay, he's still a guy and hey, these girls are pretty cute. so he slows down his car, but not too slow that it would make them seemed like kidnappers.

hoseok sticks his head out the window and waves at the girls, flashing them his bright smile. the girls seemed to be. . scared of them, as two of the girls quickly hides behind one of the tall girls. the tallest of them all with cat-like eyes turned towards them but doesn't give them any reaction. another one of the tall girls knitted her eyebrows together, blocking the others from them with her arms.

"we're not bad guys!" taehyung yelled at the girls from the back. jimin is grinning at them, wiggling his eyebrows while jungkook tries to shake out chips from earlier off his hair, trying his best to look like he's not interested. the palest of the girls – probably paler than yoongi – rolled her eyes and folds her arms over her chest. 

 

"anyone can say that," she retorted. seokjin frowned because really, are all girls like this? he thought that he's too good-looking to be a kidnapper or a criminal in general. it makes him slightly annoyed to see all of them being so scared. they're just seven boys wanting to have a great summer, what's so scary about that. . 

the girl with the cat-like eyes glances at jimin, who immediately makes kissy faces at her. she glares at him and nudges the other girls to continue their walk and ignore the boys. "we're gentlemen, i swear! we're not evil!" taehyung yelled again in his effort to make the girls be less scared of them.

 

"HA!" one of the girls said and seokjin notices that the girl haven't spoken a word before. she also sounded very sarcastic and what seokjin really dislike about girls are how sarcastic they can get when they hate someone. he swears almost all girls can talk in sarcasm fluently. "all murderers are gentlemen," she added and hoseok chokes on his spit.

"hyung, are all girls sadists?" was the only question that pops in hoseok's mind the minute the girls started to walk away. even jin couldn't answer that question as he merely shrugs.

the girls walk farther away from their car and hoseok shout out a bye, which isn't replied excitedly by the girls. in fact, they didn't even reply. they just walk on and continue talking to each other, although it's pretty obvious that the topic of their conversation is probably about them. one of the girls who hid before glances at them and quickly looks back infront when namjoon catches her eye. oh. . okay. . . so they're not welcomed here, how nice.


"actually, i have to admit – that boy at the back, who said they are not bad guys is pretty hot," saetbyul said, all of a sudden, a small smile on her face. "boys i know aren't as half as good-looking as that one," she added and aeyoung giggles at the older girl's statement. they're in an all-girls school so of course they wouldn't meet many boys. lazily, junha nods, although she doesn't even know which one of them catches saetbyul's attention. . she was so lazy to engage in their conversations earlier and although she actually wants to show her enthusiasm for their summer break, she couldn't because that would mean she have to waste energy and goo junha doesn't waste energy, she preserves them. 

du-ri looked at saetbyul worriedly and clings to the pale girl's arms. "no, no, princess moon! don't be fooled by their visuals," she fake-sobs while saetbyul pats her hand gently. "all of you guys, please don't be fooled. ah, i'm so worried now that i know there are teen boys around us. ." she drops her hand and stares at her feet, biting her bottom lip worriedly. sori slings an arm around du-ri's shoulder, grinning. 

du-ri is still pouting when sori hugs her to ease her worries. still, she wraps her arms around so-ri's waist. "relax, relax. none of us are fooled, okay! stop worrying," she said while du-ri buries her face in her hair. sori sighs and pats du-ri's back. junha suddenly puts her arm over both girls and hugs them and the other girls follow after her, ahjin being the last one. it suddenly turn into a group hug, in the middle of the road leading to the summer house's compound. if someone were to walk by, they would be classified as mental patients. they looked like they're performing a ritual, really. "see? we're not fooled!" sori said again. du-ri seemed to be convinced with it because she smiles and nods her head. 

saetbyul breaks the group hug and realizing that the sky's quickly darkening, they continue their walk to the summer house. "you guys makes me want to cry," du-ri mutters under her breath. aeyoung heard her and flashes the older girl a comforting smile, simulatenously making du-ri felt even more emotional. she clings onto aeyoung next, aeyoung giggling all the way to the summer house because of their clingy omma. ahjin kept shoving food to junha, who refused at first but later gives in and takes the biscuit anyway. when she does, ahjin pulls her into a head-lock, smirking when junha jabs her sides with her elbow, knowing well that it wouldn't make ahjin stop. out of all them, ahjin is probably the strongest and junha doesn't even put any strength in her jab, so it feels merely like a nudge.

they're all convinced that they're going to be experiencing the best summer of their life and with aeyoung newly added into their little circle, the older girls wanted to make sure their cute maknae would have as much as fun as they did from all their summer trips.

 


"unnie. . isn't that the pickup truck from earlier?" yowon finally said, after being so silent for the past few minutes. du-ri stops pinching aeyoung's cheeks, ahjin lets go of junha while both sori and saetbyul stops their talk about their school's recent win in the basketball competition. du-ri quickens her pace to the pickup truck and even peers inside to see if any of the boys are inside.

the boys had probably taken another road because du-ri is convinced she didn't hear their pickup truck passing by them. there are two roads leading up to the house, afterall, one from the back and one from the front although the girls rarely use the one from the back, as it's quite dark there. they're in a car, so they might have come from the back road. . .

it was a truly confusing moment for the girls because they'd rented the summer house for years, and they'd never had any other renters other than them alone. yowon puts down her bags slowly, eyebrows knitting together while sori walks towards the house to look inside. "unnie, no! they might be murderers!" yowon whispers as sori takes off her shoes but sori pats her on the shoulder absent-mindedly and walks inside.


"aren't you guys trespassing right now?" aeyoung jumped at the voice, immediately running to hide behind du-ri, who quickly spread her arms to block aeyoung. saetbyul widen her eyes for a second, seemingly shocked but calms herself quickly and goes inside the house to call for sori. minutes later, sori emerges from the house and seeing the owner of the accusing voice, she puts both her hands on her hips and titls her head. "you guys even went inside the house? we need to call the cops," the voice added. ahjin seizes him up and with his pale, pale skin and his. .  height, she thinks she could take him down if needed. 

she steps forward, his face only inches from the boy's and said, "actually, we rented the house. we should be the one calling the cops." she cocked her head to one side and the boy stares at her for a few seconds before breaking eye-contact and shrugging. his slow movements reminds ahjin of junha, who're now sitting cross-legged on the little patio nearby. she always seemed disinterested. 

the rest of the boys emerge from the road leading up to the house and it seemed like they might have gone to the beach. one of them isn't even wearing a shirt and yowon lets out a little squeak when the guy sends a wink her way. "stop that," du-ri warns when he gets closer to her and aeyoung cowers. 

the guy seemed to get it as he took a few steps backward, still grinning to himself. "so, why're you guys here?" 

 

"this is our summer house," saetbyul said, her voice calm. she glances disapprovingly at their pickup truck before turning to the boys again, a faint smile on her lips. jungkook stares at her, at first because she was so pale but later because he finds her beautiful. saetbyul notices and raises her eyebrows at him, almost playfully. he quickly darts his eyes to the ground and not looking up, even when taehyung asks him what's wrong.

hoseok clears his throat loudly, startling yoongi when he did and takes a step forward. "but this is also our summer house. we rented it, a month before summer break starts." as a proof, he holds out the same, identical key as is the one currently in du-ri's skirt pocket. ahjin's jaw drops, yowon widens her eyes, saetbyul looks away from them while du-ri and aeyoung both have confused looks plastered on their faces. 

"this isn't a k-drama, for god's sake." only junha isn't amused with the situation.

 


AUTHOR NOTE: beep beep, prologue coming through! this initially, is the first chapter but i wanted the first chapter to be when they'd already established the fact that there had been a mix-up so the story would start sooner, ha ha so yeah this became the prologue. but, as i promised - the first chapter would most likely be up tomorrow. i'm sorry if your character have less dialogues or isn't mentioned as much, i'll try to mention everyone in the first chapter.