Chapter: 11

Swordsman: Sovereign

Swordsman: Sovereign

 

This FanFiction is loosely based on Jin Yong's Smiling Proud Wanderer and the new 2012/2013 series.

 

" Speech "

 

' Thoughts '

 

Salute = The Bao Quan Li - the wrap fist greeting/Fist Wrapping Rite

 

Chapter: 11

 

 

-xXx-

 

 

With each passing moment, Lin Pingzhi came closer and closer to death. His complexion was beginning to grow pale, as his inner energy was forcibly taken from him.

 

'How can this be?! How can this be?! I should be invincible! Invincible! I won't believe this! I can't except this!' Lin Pingzhi thought in complete disbelief.

 

The former Huashan Sect disciple tried once again to break free from his opponent. But no matter the amount of strength he tried to exert. It was matched by the masked man with ease.

 

“Brother Fox, please, please, spare him!” Yue Lingshan pleaded weakly.

 

Linghu Chong looked down to his left leg only to be met with the pitiable sight of his little martial sister grasping onto the bottom of his robe. It appeared since she couldn't stand, she dragged herself over to the two men; apparently to plead for her husband/former husbands life.

 

'Is this some sort of sick joke?! First she betrays me for this scum, then when he divorces her then humiliates her further by abusing her, she still wants his life spared?!'

 

The bitterness Linghu Chong still carried about the way his relationship with Yue Lingshan came to and end began to rise back up in his heart. He tightened his grip, causing Lin Pingzhi to cry out in further pain as his wrist and hands were being crushed.

 

“Brother Fox please stop, you are killing him!” Yue Lingshan pleaded desperately.

 

“That's the idea,” he responded coldly.

 

Looking up into the eyes of her once savior. Yue Lingshan was met with eyes so cold, she let out an involuntary chill. For the first time since she had met the masked men she was genuinely scared of him.

 

'Have you ever loved me?...'

 

“No...Not now, not now...” he whispered angrily to himself as the memory resurfaced.

 

'Linghu Chong.... answer me...Tell me if you have ever loved me?'

 

Looking down at Yue Lingshan one more time and then at Lin Pingzhi, Linghu Chong sighed deeply; angry that his conscious was getting the best of him. His wife's words would still haunt him now and then. He still felt shame about how their relationship almost ended in tatters.

 

'My life is in your hands now Linghu Chong.... take it if you must....Take it if you dare....'

 

Feeling truly exasperated Linghu Chong stopped his attack of his former classmate and released his grip. Lin Pingzhi though free, and his life spared for the moment. Still felt too weak to even lift a finger, let alone retaliate.

 

'Even if foolish, I can understand her feelings,' he thought while sighing heavily.

 

Staring at Lin Pingzhi with disgust. Linghu Chong kicked the younger man in the chest with his right foot, causing him to cry out in pain, as he akin to a rocket, flew towards the far wall. With a crash, then a thud, Lin Pingzhi hit the ground, battered and bruised, and seemingly unconscious.

 

“Pingzhi!” Yue Lingshan screamed out in concern.

 

“Save your breath. He will be unconscious for a while,” Linghu Chong said coldly.

 

Yue Lingshan didn't know how to respond. On one hand she was grateful that the masked man came to her aid. On the other she didn't want to see the man she loved hurt, despite the pain he caused her.

 

“Rest assured, Lin Pingzhi is living on borrowed time. One day I will I'll find that **smurf** and kill him for what he has done!”

 

“Don't Brother Fox, please don't...” Yue Lingshan pleaded desperately, knowing the proclamation was not an idle threat from the masked man.

 

Linghu Chong stared at Yue Lingshan in disbelief. Despite being used in a ploy for revenge, divorced and humiliated, and abused, she still didn't want any harm to be done to the man who wronged her.

 

“Why are you still defending him?! Why?!”

 

Linghu Chongs' statement was filled with a lot of emotion. Far too much if you didn't know about the heartfelt history the three shared.

 

Yue Lingshan though didn't pickup on this fact. Instead, she diverted her eyes towards the ground. Getting a strange sense of shame as she was scolded by her savior.

 

“Brother Fox, I don't expect you to understand my feelings. I know I may seem like a fool to you. Pingzhi, has lived in the world all alone since his parents were killed. In the future, I won't be able to be with him, crying and laughing together; sharing the good and bad times...”

 

Yue Lingshan paused, as her eyes were filled with tears thinking over the heart wrenching way her married had ended.

 

“I know we don't know each other very well. But please Brother Fox, please promise me you won't seek to punish him for today,” she said rather pathetically.

 

Linghu Chongs' heart nearly broke. Seeing the once forceful and daring young woman he grew up with reduced to such a pathetic state caused a majority of his anger to fade away and to be replaced with a growing sentiment of sympathy instead.

 

“Fine, fine, I'll promise not to punish him for today. But, if he comes seeking revenge for what I did to him. Then he is courting his own death. And if that day comes, then I will turn him into a headless ghost!” he said eerily sounding like a certain former cult leader.

 

Once again, Yue Lingshan gazed into her senior martial brothers eyes. But to her surprise, where she thought she would see anger and rage like before. She instead was met with what she could only describe as a sorrowful look directed towards her.

 

Before giving his little martial sister a chance to retort. Linghu Chong suddenly snapped his fingers. Almost instantly, Xiong and the rest of the Sword Sect disciples came from the entrance and kneeled before their chief.

 

“What is your command chief?” Xiong said politely, while saluting, not surprised that their chief has sensed their presence.

 

“Take little sister Lingshan back to her room. Then find a doctor to treat her wound. From now on, until we leave this accursed place. Two of you will stand guard outside her door at all times. If she wishes to leave her room then you will follow her; in spite of any protests she may give. Is this clear?!”

 

“Yes chief!” all seven disciples said in unison.

 

“Two of you bring Lin Pingzhi back to his room. Ask one of the servant girls; they will tell you where it is.”

 

“Sir!” they again responded in unison.

 

“If anyone asks what happened to him. Then just simply say they you found him passed out and must ask him when he wakes up. Now dismissed!”

 

As his disciples scurried away to carry out their chiefs command. Linghu Chong gave one last look to Yue Lingshan before turning his attention towards his wife.

 

In a healthy and loving relationship, husbands and wives can start to act like one other; picking up habits and gestures. Dongfang Bubai was noticing this herself. Ever so slowly each was becoming a bit like the other; whether that was good or bad remained to be seen.

 

“Are you okay?” Dongfang Bubai said with concern as she slowly approached her husband from behind; once seeing they were completely alone.

 

Linghu Chong let out a frustrated sigh before responding.

 

“Thank you for stopping little sister from putting herself in more danger. Knowing her she would of done something silly like try and get in between myself and Lin Pingzhi, and would have probably caught a palm strike to the chest that would have killed her.”

 

Dongfang Bubai gazed at her husband with sympathy. While talking and mingling with the guests she had a sudden feeling of dread and unease. Finding the sudden feelings strange she glanced around for her husband and found Linghu Chong missing. She then along with Xiong and the other Sword Sect disciples began to look for him; eventually finding a servant girl who pointed them in the direction she last saw him heading towards.

 

“No need to thank me. I was aiming for her head but missed,” she said with a huff.

 

Linghu Chong turned to look at his wife strangely before letting out a loud laugh after seeing her mischievous smile.

 

“Well, you are getting old and useless so it's no wonder,” he said with a sly smile.

 

“Oh...I will remember that tonight when you come begging...” she said with a playful wink.

 

“Who begs? You are the ert in this relationship,” he said in a accusing manner, though the smile on his face told another story.

 

To this Dongfang Bubai started laughing.

 

“That's like a thief yelling stop thief,” she said with a wink.

 

Again Linghu Chong laughed heartily; his heart grateful for the banter.

 

“Oh...and how am I a thief,” he asked having an idea what his wife was going to say.

 

“What do you mean? You stole my ity. Have you forgotten how you took advantage of me lecher?” she said in mock-hurt.

 

Linghu Chong chuckled, while pointing an accusing finger towards her.

 

“And you stole mine, so we are even,” he said smiling.

 

“And who would believe that?”

 

“Let me tell you. How would it sound if it were known that the illustrious Dongfang Bubai took advantage of a heavily injured man? How you had your way with me while I laid there all helpless and pitiful. I begged you not to go this far, but you responded angrily, saying only a woman has needs,” he said with mock-hurt of his own.

 

Dongfang Bubai wanted to retort, but she only burst out laughing. Indeed, she was also enjoying the jovial exchange. Though she quickly changed the subject as a potentially serious problem popped into her mind.

 

“You do know that since you used the Star- Skill on Lin Pingzhi. He may guess who you are.”

 

“I wasn't thinking about that. I only wanted to make that scum pay for what he has done,” Linghu Chong said venomously, which his wife easily picked up on.

 

“But he can only guess who I am. Unless I admit it he has no proof. I can easily say I learned the technique from a former elder of the Sun Moon Holy Cult, who wanted another legacy besides Ren Woxing before passing away. I highly doubt Lin Pingzhi or his family know the history of the Sun Moon Holy Cult nor the Star- Skill. So how can he argue?”

 

Dongfang Bubai was slightly taken aback; genuinely impressed by her husbands wisdom on the matter.

 

“What happened to the lovable dummy I fell in love with? You are for to thoughtful now,” she said teasingly.

 

“Well, you can only blame yourself and Elder Mo Da for that. You two keep drilling into my head on how to become a proper sect leader. If not for you two, I would still be the lovable, carefree, happy-go-lucky fellow whose main loves in life are swordplay, drinking, and good music, as before,” he said with a warm smile.

 

“Speaking of wine...” Dongfang Bubai said with a smile, as she pulled out a small bottle of said beverage from her sleeve.

 

“Oh, where did you get that from?” Linghu Chong said excited with a large smile.

 

Linghu Chong then went up to his wife and tried to grab the bottle from her but she immediately drew her hand back which served to only confuse her husband.

 

“Don't get too excited, you will have to catch me first if you want a drink,” she said mischievously.

 

For the next few minutes, Linghu Chong and Dongfang Bubai ran around the arena like two little kids; as Linghu Chong chased his wife trying to get the wine bottle from her. If any saw the pair's antics, it would seem hard pressed to believe they were two of if not the two most powerful martial artists in the world.

 

In fact though, the scene was a wife's attempt, if only for a brief moment, to allow the man she loved to forget about his pain.

 

-xXx-

 

About an hour later...

 

Yue Lingshan laid comfortably in her bed. She gazed blankly up towards the ceiling; her emotions in complete turmoil. The doctor diagnosis would have been rather uplifting if the situation would have been different. Her her life wasn't in danger, but she couldn't exert herself too much or it could cause further harm.

 

But, the damage was already done, as what Lin Pingzhi did to her harmed the female pugilist far more then any physical wound could; as her heart was torn asunder.

 

For all intents and purposes, she had lost the will to live.

 

“Mother...If I don't make it through. Please don't take revenge on Pingzhi. Make sure Senior Brother doesn't take revenge as well. Please apologize to Senior Brother for me for this request, but ask him take care of Pingzhi for me,” she said, her tone coming of as lifeless.

 

“Don't say such things Ling'er, you will be fine!...” Ning Zhongze said desperately; naturally fearing for her daughters well being.

 

“Why live if I don't have the love of the man I love?...”

 

“I said don't talk like that! All you need is rest and then we can leave here and go back to Mount Huashan. If you wish we will never have to see Pingzhi ever again. Nor will you have to hear his name ever again!”

 

The passion was evident in Ning Zhongzes' voice; indicating the heartfelt desire for a parent who would do all she could to make things right for the wrong perpetrated against their child.

 

Watching from the entrance of the room with her husband in silence. Dongfang Bubai found herself sympathizing with Yue Lingshan plight. Given how her and Linghu Chong almost ended up in a tragic situation in regards to their relationship. As strange as it seemed, given her dislike for her husbands former love. The former cult leader actually felt compassion and wanted to help the younger woman break through her emotional stupor in some way, but couldn't think of anything at the moment which didn't involve the death of Lin Pingzhi; which depending on your perspective might make the situation worse.

 

“Heroine Ning, please don't worry too much. I'm sure little sister Lingshan only needs some time,” stated Dongfang Bubai.

 

Ning Zhongze looked ragged. The stress of both her daughters situation and the truth of her husband not being the man she thought he was, was effecting her greatly. But even with all this, she still managed a small smile towards her unbeknownst daughter in law.

 

'For some unknown reason her and Ling'er don't get along. But even so, she still tried to give what little comfort she could, perhaps I have misjudged her,' she thought changing her view on the woman to a much more positive one.

 

“I could not of dreamed this would have happened. The world is truly upside down, truly upside down. Ling'er should not have gone to Fujian, she should not have met Lin Pingzhi. Lin Pingzhi should not have been accepted into Huashan Sect. The most regretful thing and will most likely haunt me for the rest of my days, is to agree to them getting married. Why did I not see what type of person he was? Why when he ran away after getting married did I encourage Ling'er to go look for him? Why?!” she said sounding truly distressed

 

Linghu Chong was angry. Angrier then he had ever been in his brief life.

 

“Please don't think about this too much Heroine Ning or else it will impact your health. How would Linghu Chong feel if he saw both you and Yue Lingshan in such pitiable states?” Dongfang Bubai once again said with concern to the silently weeping older woman.

 

Finally having enough of the heartbreaking scene. Linghu Chong abruptly walked over next to the bed where Yue Lingshan was laying, all the while fixing his gaze upon the troubled youth.

 

His eyes were filled with determination to break his little martial sister out of her depressed state; whether that could be done though remained to be seen.

 

“Little sister Lingshan... I suggest you stop acting like you no longer want to live and causing your mother pain. Does your mother who has taken care of you your whole life deserve to see you like this? Do you not even care about how she is feeling right now?” he said with agitation.

 

“Brother Fox you don't understand...”

 

“Quiet! What is there to understand?!” he snapped.


Both mother and daughter were surprised at the outburst. Even his wife was caught off guard by his tone.

 

“Let everyone be witness to what I am about to say. If you were to die because of this, then Lin Pingzhi will follow you soon after,” Linghu Chong said in a deadly serious manner.

 

Both Yue Lingshan and Ning Zhongze slowly turned their heads towards Linghu Chong with eyes wide open.

 

“But, but you promised...”

 

“Silly girl, I only promised not to take his life for what he did to you in the arena. If you die here then that's a totally different matter all together. If you die and it was his actions that helped to cause it, why then should he live?...” Linghu Chong said, trying his best to sound intimidating.

 

Yue Lingshan fixed her gazed intently at the masked stranger. Wondering if she should believe the threat.

 

“I don't believe you will do that. You are a good person Brother Fox. You wouldn't break your word...” she said defiantly, deciding to call his bluff.

 

“Little girl! Remember you don't truly know me! Ask my wife, she knows how much of a monster I can be!”

 

Yue Lingshan shook involuntarily. The tone and vibe she felt reminded her exactly of how her senior martial brother was just an hour ago while nearly killing Lin Pingzhi.

 

“I...I... still don't believe you...” she said defiantly, though her heart was pounding in fear.

 

“Then we shall see...” Linghu Chong said coldly.

 

Linghu Chong then left the room, with Dongfang Bubai following quietly behind him; yet with a amused smile at her husbands antics.

 

Linghu Chong wanted to ignite the fiery spitfire little sister he had grown up with. The young woman who had more bravery and daring then many men. He hoped doing so would cause her to fight her depression and not end up a victim of not being able to overcome a broken heart.

 

As Yue Lingshan watched him leave, she found herself plagued with several conflicting emotions. Fear, wonder, awe, confusion. She wondered who the masked stranger she befriended truly was.

 

“Ling'er...”

 

Turning her attention back towards her mother. Yue Lingshan was met with a face full of sadness and tears. The brief conversation with Linghu Chong replayed itself in her mind. She now for the first time wondered if giving in to sadness was the best way to deal with her pain.

 

-xXx-

 

The next day...

 

The final day of Wang Yuanbas' birthday celebration finally had come. All of the remaining guests were now waiting in the arena area where Linghu Chong, Yue Lingshan and Lin Pingzhi had their fateful encounter.

 

Festive music, followed by a spectacular display of fire works erupted in the afternoon sky, causing many of the guests, especially the little children to stare at the display in wonder.

 

“Honored guests. I thank you for coming to my humble home and helping me to celebrate my sixtieth birthday. This old man is truly humbled, truly humbled,” the old martial arts master said, sounding like he was fighting back tears.

 

Indeed the show of emotion was real, and truly heartfelt. Even Linghu Chong could sense the sincerity in Wang Yuanbas' words; even though he still disliked the man.

 

“As many of you may already know. This final day is reserved for those pugilist's among you who want to show of your considerable skills. It would be my honor to witness the marvelous skills many of you possess. Please, proceed to your hearts contents,” Wang Yuanba said politely while saluting.

 

For the next two hours many of the martial artists gave demonstrations and even participated in mock battles with their fellow classmates in order to show off the skills of their schools.

 

All seemed to be going quite well without any incident, that is, until the disciples of The Beggars Sect finished their display.

 

“What did you say?!” Zheng Dongliu, chief of the Beggars Sect roared angrily.

 

“Did I stutter or are you just a senile old man whose losing his hearing?” Dongfang Bubai said coldly.

 

“You...you vile demoness! How can your husband allow you to be this brazen?!” the gray robed sect chief said angrily.

 

“What?!” Dongfang Bubai responded in mock rage.

 

And what caused this argument you might ask. Dongfang Bubai had been 'speaking to herself' when she uttered that the skills the disciples of Beggars Sect were taught were useless and it was even shameful for them to even display their skills and disgrace martial arts in such a way. As you can imagine, this did not sit well with those who heard her from said sect.

 

It was an obvious set up, to force the Beggars headmaster into a fight, so Dongfang Bubai could show off a little.

 

The disciples of the Beggars Sect who did not participate in the display, immediately came to their schools and masters defense. Many looked like they wanted to attack her, but a gesture from their master restrained such actions; who himself had calmed down considerably.

 

“Young Madam... I've heard that you and your husband are the new leaders of South Hengshen. Let me first congratulate you both on achieving such a prestigious position,” he said saluting the pair.

 

Dongfang Bubai turned her head away, seemingly ignoring the kind gesture; which did as it was intended to do and irritate the older man.

 

“Beggars Clan and South Hengshen have always had a good relationship. I respect elder Mo Da greatly. I do not want there to be enmity between our two schools because of miss spoken words. Please, lets...”

 

“Are you going to talk or act? Or are you scared I will embarrass you?”

 

Dongfang Bubai suddenly jumped into the air, then used her lightness skills to float backwards unto the arena stage.

 

“I've long heard about the legendary skills of Beggars Sect. Your Eighteen Dragon Subduing Palms and Dog Beating Staff Technique are quite famous. But, from what I've seen of your disciples skills. I wonder if your fame is greatly exaggerated,” she said in a mocking tone.

 

Linghu Chong, watching only a few feet away. Let out a sigh at his wife's antics. But, he was also to blame. He decided to go along with her plan of shaming some of the more famous sect leaders into fights. He wanted to ask them at first. But Dongfang Bubai had insisted on doing things this way. Noting that some leaders care so much about their clans reputation they would be hesitant to indulge in a fight where their reputation could get tarnished, unless their pride as martial artists were greatly provoked.

 

Wearily, Linghu Chong watched as six of the Beggars Sect disciples jumped onto the stage; seemingly to take up the honor of their school. He prayed, that his wife wouldn't be too hard on them.

 

“How dare mere disciples challenge me,” Dongfang Bubai said with disgust.

 

“But, I shall humor you little men,” she said coldly.

 

Pulling out a white handkerchief from her sleeve, she turned her attention back towards her challengers with a smirk.

 

“Before my handkerchief hits the ground you will all be defeated.”

 

Before the men could voice any argument. Dongfang Bubai moving at seemingly impossible speeds. Charged towards the six men, slapping each on the cheek and striking each with numerous palms strikes to the chest and stomach.

 

Zheng Dongliu could only watch in amazement at what he saw. His disciples didn't have the slightest chance to block or retaliate. Each let out cries of pain and staggered backwards while they helplessly bore the attacks. To himself, the other martial artists, and even the regular people watching. It seemed as if there were multiple Dongfang Bubai's attacking at the same time.

 

'This person has incredible skill and inner energy. Just who is she?' the Beggar Sect headmaster thought in wonder.

 

Fortunately, Dongfang Bubai was only using minimal inner strength to execute her attacks. Thus, her opponents only sustained minor injuries; accept for their pride as martial artists.

 

Zheng Dongliu then watched as his disciples all went flying out of the stage from well placed palm strikes to each of their chests. Then watched as their assailant sped back to her original position before her handkerchief made it half way to the ground.

 

The Beggar's Sect Headmaster found himself torn as his other disciples went and tended to their fellow classmates. On one hand it was only fitting that the master of a school take up the fight when his disciples couldn't handle the opponent; especially when the pride of the sect was now at stake. On the other, he was getting the feeling that he had just walked into someones trap. Replaying in his mind how the incident started he reasoned the woman standing in front of him planned out the entire encounter.

 

'It's obvious this person is no mere novice in martial arts. Just from the brief exchange with my disciples I can tell her skills are of a true master,' he thought confirming his earlier suspicion as Dongfang Bubai gazed at him like a predator looking at its prey.

 

Though unsure and against his better judgment, he knew he had to step willingly into the 'trap' prepared for him or possibly face being called a coward and hurting the reputation of his sect.

 

Jumping onto the stage. He turned to face his opponent.

 

“How about young lady takes a stance from me!” he suddenly yelled.

 

The crowd began to buzz, anticipating a fight between two masters. Dongfang Bubai show of skill against the Beggar Sect disciples left those watching in awe; which was exactly what she was hoping for.

 

“Do as you like master Zheng...” Dongfang Bubai said as if bored, but in actuality the former cult leader was thrilled her plan was working just as she hoped.

 

Zheng Dongliu began to move his hands in an intricate manner, prepping himself for his attack. He decided against a long prolonged battle, hoping for something quick and decisive and thought brute force was the best means to achieve his goal.

 

“The Proud Dragon Repents!” he screamed as he expelled an energy wave in the shape of a dragon at Dongfang Bubai.

 

The force behind the move was so intense that it created gusts of wind; causing some of the onlookers to shield their eyes.

 

Dongfang Bubai though didn't back away. Instead she causally extended her right hand and waited patiently for the attack.

 

'She must be crazy. Even Fang Zheng of shaolin would not dare to block this attack so causally.'

 

As the wave of energy struck Dongfang Bubais' palm. Many of the martial arts in the crowd were stunned that such a powerful attack didn't even cause the person it struck to budge even an inch.

 

This left many shocked, but their surprise only grew from that moment on as the former cult leader, partially absorbing the attack. Before, in a flash returning it to its owner, but at double the speed.

 

Zheng Dongliu wouldn't have believed it, if it weren't happening right before his very eyes. For such a powerful attack to be deflected with such ease was unthinkable to the aging martial arts master. For this reason, he was late in guarding against the returning attack which came upon him much faster than he anticipated.

 

Knowing it would be best not to take such an attack head on. Zheng Dongliu was about to move out of the way, until he noticed the crowd of onlookers standing a few feet behind him.

 

'If I move they may get hit with the attack,' he thought in worry, realizing he had so other choice but to take the hit.

 

Crossing his arms in front of his face. The elder martial artist was taken aback by the tremendous force behind his returning attack. Losing his balance he fell onto his back letting out a cry of pain. The Beggar Sect disciples immediately ran to their teachers aid.

 

Thankfully for Zheng Dongliu's sake. Dongfang Bubai only added minimal energy to the Beggar's Sect Chiefs' attack. So when he tried to block it head on; similar to what the former cult leader had done. He was fortunate to only sustain minor injuries; albeit a greatly bruised ego.

 

Seeing that her job was done. The arena turned silent, as all eyes settled on Dongfang Bubai as she hopped off the stage and casually walked over and stood next to her husband as if nothing happened.

 

“Your turn my love...” she said sweetly as Linghu Chong shook his head feeling a bit ashamed at her actions.

 

-xXx-

 

Yu Canghai was a greedy, power hungry villainous waste of humanity, but he was no fool. After setting the ambush in the inn. He went out and hired more men and was trying to come up with a means to defeat his now crippled mortal enemy. What he eventually came up with to make Lin Pingzhis' handicap even more debilitating was to use large drums so he couldn’t rely on his hearing; which he hoped would leave the younger man disorientated and truly helpless.

 

Now though it seemed like he may not have to use what some would call a cowardly method to fight against ones enemy. A few days ago, while pondering how to set the trap for Lin Pingzhi. One of the men he hired offhandedly mentioned how a new job came up where someone was willing to pay a very large price for the kidnapping two particular women. The job was regarded as highly dangerous as the women were very proficient in martial arts.

 

At first the Qingcheng Sect Headmaster paid the idle talk no mind. But, after giving it some thought, he began to have a sneaking suspicion that the job was somehow related to his blood feud with the Lin family.

 

He didn't understand why the thought entered his mind. Until this final day of Golden Saber; Wang Yuanbas', birthday celebration. Yu Canghai, who was now dressed in all black, with the lower portion of his face covered. Now found himself talking to the younger son of Wang Yuanba; Wang Zhongqiang. The men were in one of the compounds inner rooms, finalizing plans to kidnap Ning Zhongze and Yue Lingshan.

 

'What amazing luck. I needed a way to get to Lin Pingzhi and finish him off and here this person is basically giving me the perfect opportunity to do so; essentially handing him over to me. And not just him, but I can also have a chip to use against Yue Buqun; with his wife and daughter in my hands. He will have to agree to anything I ask,' Yu Canghai thought with glee.

 

The Qingcheng Sect Headmaster knew he also now had something to hold against the illustrious Golden Saber Sect. Such a stain as kidnapping would tarnish their reputation beyond repair if news ever were to get out.

 

A large smile spread across his face. Things were going much smoother then he could have ever imagined.

 

There is a part of a poem:

 

But, Mouse, you aren't alone

In proving foresight may be vain:

The best laid schemes of mice and men

often go awry

And leave nothing but grief and pain,

For promised joy.

 

In other words, the most carefully prepared plans may go wrong.

 

Yu Canghai was about to find out how true those words can be. And how much pain, a human being can possibly feel.

 

-xXx-

 

“Little brother, may I borrow your sword,” Linghu Chong asked to a small child, no older then seven, who along with his parents were standing a few feet from him.

 

The little boy looked to his parents, seeking what to do. Once they nodded, he readily gave up his toy, wooden sword to the masked man.

 

Linghu Chong smiled, and bent down so he was eye level with the child and patted him gently on the head. The boy didn't shy away at Linghu Chongs's tough. Instead he just asked the masked man not to break his favorite toy sword.

 

“Don't worry little brother, nothing will happen to it.”

 

In the blink of an eye, Linghu Chong cast the sword up, towards the sky. A few seconds later before anyone knew what was going on. The sword came back down on the arena stage; coated with inner energy.

 

As it struck the ground the impact created a shock wave which shook the entire arena slightly, and caused some of the onlookers to lose their balance and fall on the ground.

 

This impressive feet of inner energy proved to the martial artists in the crowd that the masked man was a very powerful and dangerous person.

 

Linghu Chong to, was gone in a flash, as he jumped into the sky and used his inner energy to slowly float towards the stage. He gracefully landed, barely making a sound as his feet touched down on the stage.

 

The sword, seeming to react to his presence, slowly came up from the stage where it was once embedded and hovered directly in front of the former Huashan Sect disciple.

 

“Who dares to meet the challenge of the Headmaster of Mount Hengshan?” Linghu Chong said, his Qi enhanced voiced booming throughout the arena.

 

With his flamboyant display of power. It was no wonder Linghu Chong was receiving looks of awe from many in the crowd. But he equally received looks of weariness from his fellow martial artists. Their instincts warning them, the person before them, as with his wife, were completely different animals then what many had ever seen.

 

-xXx-

 

Dongfang Bubai looked amused. Certainly Linghu Chong had changed much since when she they first met.

 

Turning to the little boy who's wooden sword was being used, she stood over him and looked down on him with a cold smile.

 

“Little boy, do you believe that within ten years, my clan will be number one in this martial world?...”

 

The little boy simply nodded his head while smiling; naive to the try meaning of Dongfang Bubais' words; like you would expect from any child.

 

“That's a good little man,” she said gently patting him on the head.

 

“How would you like to be my disciple?”

 

The little boy looked behind him to his parents, seeking how to answer.

 

“Why are you looking at us? Greet your master properly,” the boys mother said eagerly.

 

The little boy then gave a bow to Dongfang Bubai and addressed her as teacher. The former cult leader found his actions amusing, understanding since he was so young and didn't know how to properly respond.

 

“Very good...” Dongfang Bubai said as she once again gently patted him on the head like he were a puppy.

 

Though she wouldn't admit it in the open. Secretly, she wondered if her and Linghu Chongs' children would be similar to the child in front of her.

 

“I will even give your parents a discount since you are so young.”

 

Of course this brought a large smile to said parents lips.

 

“Now repeat after me. Sect Chiefs are both learned and skilled, first in wit and ability, talented in academics and gifted in martial arts. Just and wise Chief's who are unrivaled. Unifying the martial arts world for thousands of years! Leading the Sect and controlling all of the martial world forever and ever...”

 

Xiong, seeing that the little boy looked lost, decided to help his soon to be junior martial brother out.

 

“Just follow our lead little martial brother.”

 

Xiong and the other sword sect disciples got down on one knee and repeated Dongfang Bubai statement perfectly.

 

The look on everyone's face differed from one person to the other. Fear, shock, awe, confusion, you could find all of these. Even the other little children that were brought to the event even got in on the act and began to chant with their toy weapons in the air.

 

 

-xXx-