The Black Arrow

Black & White
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So,” sneered Lord Kim, staring down at his two prisoners with disgust, “this is your King’s idea of military leadership? A pair of spineless traitors! How cowardly of you to surrender without even putting up a fight.”

“You’re a monster!” replied Baekhyun with the utmost contempt, his face pinned to the deck of the Black flagship by a pair of large sailors. “Too evil, even for Hell!”

“HOW DARE YOU INSULT HIS HOLINESS!” yelled one of the Blue sailors, grinding his knee further into Baekhyun’s back.

Baekhyun clenched his eyes shut, refusing to succumb to the pain. But eventually, it was too much to bear. He let out a terrible cry.

“STOP IT!” cried Chen, fighting hard against his own captors, but failing to break loose.

Lord Kim held up a hand lazily. “There will be no need for that barbaric display. They will pay for their defiance soon enough. But for now, we must keep them alive.”

“For what purpose, my lord?” asked a tall thin man dressed in royal Blue robes.

“Patience, young Prince. You will learn of their fate soon enough. It is only a matter of time.”

“But they must obey you!” protested Changmin. “We cannot allow them to disrespect you like this!”

Lord Kim’s face twisted into a wicked smile. “Alright then. If you insist. Perhaps we can convince them to change their minds.” He turned to one of his troop leaders. “Bring me that rebellious little Black sailor who refused to bow to me.”

In a matter of seconds, a team of sailors dragged Jisung forward and threw him onto the deck beside the Black Admiral. The boy seemed to have been traumatized enough already, his torn uniform revealing numerous cuts and bruises along his torso.

“Byun Baekhyun!” announced Lord Kim in a powerful voice. “Who is this sailor?”

Changmin stepped forward and pointed his sword at Jisung’s neck. “ANSWER HIM!”

Baekhyun’s eyes filled with fear as he stared at Jisung’s broken body. “He was my youngest sailor.”

Lord Kim raised his eyebrows. “Was?

The Admiral hesitated. He knew he had already given too much away by showing emotion.

“This is your last chance,” threatened Changmin, pressing the tip of the blade against Jisung’s fair skin. “If you do not cooperate, I will slit his throat.”

“He is the senior lieutenant of the Black Army!” interrupted Chen, face flushed red with a mixture of anger and dread. “I demand that you treat him with respect! As a leading military officer, he is protected by the laws of war!”

“You are in no position to make demands,” replied Lord Kim arrogantly. “But I appreciate your input. Now I know how much he means to the both of you.”

“Please!” begged Baekhyun, eyes filling up. “You’ve made your point! We will do as you say. Just leave him alone!”

“No,” gasped Jisung, struggling to find his voice against the stinging of his wounds. “Don’t surrender to them.”

“You would waste your breath on these traitors?” asked Lord Kim, making sure his own men could hear him. “The leaders of the Black & White Kingdoms have no honor. That is why we must conquer their lands and overthrow their false monarchy!”

Several Blue sailors on the deck raised their swords and cheered.

Lord Kim held up his hand once more and the crowd became silent at once. “Now that we have the cooperation of our prisoners, perhaps they can help us achieve an even swifter victory. Set our course towards the Black City!”

The mass of sailors disbanded at once and immediately returned to their posts.

“And what shall we do with these three?” asked Changmin, gently running the tip of his sword down Jisung’s spine, slicing open what was left of his uniform. “They might still be dangerous to our cause. We cannot risk their escape.”

“Take them back with you to the Blue flagship,” answered Lord Kim as he turned away and walked towards the bridge. “Lock them up in my secure quarters. And make sure your men do not kill them. They will be far more valuable to us alive.”

“We will do no such thing!” roared Kyungsoo, angrily stepping forward as the others receded. “If you force me to retain thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter