1am call

Love Thy Neighbor


my way of making up to you for not updating for so long i am sorry

---

 

I think you like Seungcheol. I think you like Seungcheol. I think you like Seungcheol. This particular sentence has been haunting Jihoon ever since he got back from Soonyoung's house. 

It was currently 1AM and he was currently tossing and turning around on his bed, unable to sleep. So many confusing and complicated thoughts about Seungcheol were running through his mind, plus, Jeonghan and Soonyoung dropping the bomb didn't help at all. Jihoon just wanted the ground to open up and swallow him deep inside. 

How did he feel about a Seungcheol? Did he still hate him or has the hatred somehow transformed itself into love? 

Once again, he honestly didn't know. 

Sighing for the millionth time, he grabbed his phone from the nightstand and dialed Jeonghan's number to which his hyung picked up after three rings. 

Jihoon could hear Jisoo groaning in the background and Jeonghan yawning and he felt guilty for having to trouble them this late at night, but he really needed help.

"Hey hyung, sorry for waking you up. I just really need someone to talk to." He said, mouth forming a pout. 

"I can already feel you pouting so it's fine. You're forgiven. Now tell me, what does my baby need my help with? It's 1AM and you've never called at 1AM, so it must be something really important."

Jeonghan chuckled and started acting all motherly. Jihoon let out a laugh, the first laugh he's had ever since he came back from Soonyoung's.

"Hyung, how did you know that you liked Jisoo hyung?" He asked. 

He heard Jeonghan giggled on the other line before clearing his throat and spoke into the phone.

"Well, Jisoo gave me butterflies." Jihoon bit back a smile and scoffed.

"Ew, hyung. That's so cheesy!" He bursted into a fit of laughter.

Jeonghan laughed then continued. 

"I don't really remember how or why, Jihoon. Out of a sudden, Jisoo seemed to be in my thoughts very often, and just the mere thoughts of him made me very happy. I found myself laughing at every of his jokes even though they were not funny-"

"I hope you know that I am very offended by that, Yoon Jeonghan." Jisoo interrupted. Jeonghan laughed.

He continued, "and also trying to catch a glimpse at him as many times of the day as possible. There was also this weird but nice but also funny and tingly feeling in my stomach whenever I saw his face. He made me feel good even when we're not talking, and that was probably when I realized that I was utterly in love with Hong Jisoo." 

Jeonghan finished and Jihoon could clearly hear Jisoo cooing 'Aw, Jeonghan, you cheeseball.' and Jeonghan muttering a soft 'Shut up.' before laughing. 

"Hyung."

"Yes, Jihoon?"

Jihoon took a deep breath and silently prayed to himself.

"I think I like Seungcheol." 

The line was silent and Jihoon figured Jeonghan was probably looking at Jisoo with his mouth opened from the surprise Jihoon just presented to him. However, what he didn't expect was the sound of Jeonghan's giggles and his continuous chanting of 'finally'. 

Jihoon frowned in confusion. "Hyung?"

After what seemed like eternity, Jeonghan cleared his throat and began speaking again into the phone, 

"Sorry, Jihoonie. I was just excited. Now, where were we? Oh, right! You finally realize you've liked Seungcheol all along! I knew it, I knew it! I'm so happy for you that I could throw a party!" Jeonghan exclaimed without a pause into the phone. Jihoon scoffed and sarcastically asked. 

"How could you have known all along when I just realized it today, Hyung?" 

His question made the long haired male rolled his eyes. 

"For your information Jihoon, unlike this idiotic boyfriend of mine, I know how to observe people. If you disliked Seungcheol, you wouldn't have agreed to let him sit next to you at lunch or walk you home every evening." 

Jihoon opened his mouth to say that it was only because their houses are right next to each other, but as if he could see the younger through the phone, Jeonghan clicked his tongue to shut the younger up. 

"I'm not finished. Don't think I never noticed those subtle glances filled with hearts you threw at his way when you thought no one was looking. Don't you dare argue with me on that, Jihoon. Also, remember this one time where you lost to the kid from another school in a contest and were so mad about it that you accidentally snapped at Seungcheol when he was trying to comfort you? You felt so bad that you hurt his feelings so you ended up going on a movie date with him as an apology."

Jihoon thought that was it but the attacks never stopped coming.

"You also got him that very pair of headphones he wanted so bad on his birthday. Not to mention, it costed you your one month's allowance. If that isn't you liking him, I don't know what is." Jeonghan finished and the line went quiet. 

To say that Jihoon was shocked would be an understatement. He was completely terrified. 

He's been liking Seungcheol all along and he didn't even know it. 

"Has....... it always been that obvious?" He asked in a small voice. 

A chuckle from his hyung was enough to give him the answer he asked for. Jihoon stared up at the ceiling. 

After a few minutes, he took a deep breath, 

"How do I make him know that I like him, hyung?" He asked.

"Just  go and tell him you like him! What's so hard about that?" Jeonghan exclaimed into the phone. Jihoon shook his head vigorously though he knew the elder couldn't see it.

"I can't, hyung, I definitely can not!" He rambled. 

"I can't just go up to him and tell him that I like him when I have been constantly showing off my hatred towards his existence for god knows how long! That is embarrassing! Really embarrassing! Plus, the guys will never let me live it down if they know. I need a way to show him that I like him and not make it too obvious." 

"How about you start acting a little nicer to him? Just be nice to him. Oh, and be cute too. You're already naturally cute, so I don't think it'll be a problem." said Jeonghan. Jihoon groaned into his hands.

"I don't know how to act cute, hyung! It's not my forte!" He whined.

His complain was met with a 'hmm' and once again, the line went silent.

Suddenly, Jisoo's voice interrupted the silence.

"Ask him out on a date." He said. Jihoon almost choked on his own spit.

"W-what?" He stuttered.

Jisoo cleared his throat before repeating what he said earlier.

"I said to ask him out on a date. Go somewhere nice, like and ice cream place or whatever, then build up the courage and just tell him you like him. Nice and simple."

Jihoon considered the idea for a moment.

"Jihoon?" Jisoo called out. It took almost five minutes before he heard Jihoon's answer. 

"Alright. An ice cream date, it is. Thank you, Jisoo hyung."

Jihoon was met with Jeonghan hollering through the phone. 

"WHERE'S MY THANKS, JIHOON? I WAS THE ONE WHO HELPED YOU FIGURE OUT YOUR FEELINGS, NOT THIS IDIOT."

Jihoon groaned then smiled, "Thank you as well, Jeonghan hyung." 

Jeonghan laughed heartily.

"You're welcome, my baby. Now go to sleep it's already very late."

Jihoon nodded.

"Goodnight, hyung."