Stage 1: Daydreams

Wandering

 

 

Stage 1: Daydreams

 
 


 

The next morning Wonwoo felt so exhausted he had a hard time getting up out of bed. Not to forget that the fact that his muscles were aching didn't really help. He coughed almost every five minutes and he had to sneeze a lot as well.

Wonwoo tried to sit up and he felt as if his head was being pressed together by immense forces.

, that hurts.

He groans and pats his face to cheer himself on trying to stand up. He could not miss school just because of this stupid cold he got. His parents paid for the schooling, so of course he felt like he couldn't let that go to waste.
Lately he hadn't really kept his promise though. He had been unsure. Was this really the right thing for him to study? He never really liked psychology that much. It's quite interesting to learn lots of things about the human brain and mind, but he couldn't see himself helping people in such a way.  Although he had his complaints his parents ensured him that he would be thankful later for sending him to this school.

 

After a while he managed to get to the kitchen where he could make his breakfast for the day. 
When he put the bread in the toaster and turned it on, he walked over to his roommate's bedroom.

Making sure to not be too loud he knocked on the door. "Hey Seungcheol. Are you awake?" 
Wonwoo heard some groans and mumbling what seemed like nonsense.

"I guess I'll take that as a yes."

 

When Wonwoo's toast was done he went to make some for his roommate Seungcheol as well. His roommate wasn't much of a morning person. Seungcheol is quite a mature person for his age. He always takes care of his friends like they are brothers. Seungcheol always helped him out and Wonwoo was proud to call him his friend. He is great person, but you could throw all those things out of the window in the morning. Cause Seungcheol is definitely not a morning person. That boy was a mess during the beginning of the day.

After eating his toast he quickly went to his room to change and put all his schoolbooks in his backpack. He packed his stuff and put on a jacket, scarf and a beanie.

"Are you heading out already?" Seungcheol who had woken up and asked him that while eating the breakfast Wonwoo made for him.

He knew it might seem weird to his friend, because it was still so early and school wouldn't start in an hour. Nevertheless, Wonwoo just enjoyed being outside when it was autumn. It is his favorite season for sure.

"Yeah, I figured it looked nice outside today so I wanted to go for a walk."

Seungcheol nodded. It wasn't the first time Wonwoo went for a walk.

 

"By the way, Wonwoo?" Seungcheol stopped him just before he left.

"I hadn't told you about this, but today a friend of mine will stay over for a bit. I hope you don't mind?"

Wonwoo opened his mouth to say something, but Seungcheol continued talking.

"He uh.. travels a lot and today he will be back in Korea for a bit. I don't know when he will arrive though." Seungcheol looked at him a bit apologetic. 

Wonwoo was taken aback. It's not like he minded that a friend of his friend would come over, but Seungcheol could've told him this a bit earlier.

As if his friend could read his mind he spoke up. "Please?" Seungcheol looked at him with puppy eyes and Wonwoo sighed deeply. In the end he agreed anyway.

"Sure. I don't mind."

His roommate smiled brightly at him. "His name is Mingyu, Kim Mingyu. I'm sure you guys will get along." 

 

 

When Seungcheol was finally done talking about this so called Mingyu, Wonwoo could finally go for a walk. He opened the door and a strong wind greeted him. He took a deep breath, stepped outside and closed the door behind him. Even though he was still in the hallway of the apartment building he already felt a lot better being in the open air.

Nearing the end of the stairs he could see someone struggling, bringing their luggage up. Wonwoo slowed down and studied the person. A guy with ripped clothes and dirty hair. The guy looked homeless. Was this the guy Seungcheol talked about? He did look for a house to stay at and this guy definitly looked like he needed one. He prayed this 'Kim Mingyu' wasn't a drug addict or even worse, a murderer.

 

"Oh, hey."

 

Wonwoo was cut off of his thoughts and noticed he almost bumped into the guy. He didn't really know what to say and just kept quiet in front of the tall boy.

"Uhm.." The guy scratched behind his ear. "Would you know where S.Coups lives?"

 

S.Coups?

 

Wonwoo frowned at the guy. "Sorry, who?" 

He knew all the people that lived here in this place, but he had never heard of someone called 'S.Coups'.

 

Is this guy trying to make fun of me?

 

The boy in front of him cleared his throat. "S.Coups. I met him online on the internet."

"You see, I'm a traveler and I was looking for a place to stay at. The gentleman offered his place and so I accepted that proposal."

 

So this is the guy Seungcheol talked about huh. 

 

"I suppose you are Kim Mingyu?"As soon as those words left his lips he saw the boy his face brighten up. 

"Yes! Yes! that's me! I can't believe I actually managed to find you." He cried out.

"Uh.. well. I'm not this 'S.Coups' you are talking about though." He added to avoid confusion.

Mingyu didn't seem to mind and offered his hand for Wonwoo to shake. "Then you must be his roommate! Nice to meet you.. uh?" He laughed sheepishly.

 

Wonwoo shook his hand. "Wonwoo." Unlike his Mingyu's hand was warm. Not sweaty, but a nice warmth. 

 

"Ah! Wonwoo. Nice to meet you Wonwoo!" Mingyu shook his hand heavily and Wonwoo looked at him with a forced smile. The guy was a bit too energetic for his liking, but he wouldn't stay here for a long time so he had nothing to worry about.

"Do you uh.. need some help with those." Wonwoo pointed at Mingyu his luggage.

But before Mingyu could reply they heard someone stumble down the stairs. 
 

"Mingyu?!"

Wonwoo turns around and he sees Seungcheol coming down, still in his pajamas, while waving brightly.

Mingyu dropped the stuff he was holding and ran over to him.

"S.Coups!!" He shouted.

Wonwoo eyes Seungcheol, but before he could say anything his friend gave him a look like he was saying that Wonwoo shouldn't be addressing anything right now. He rolled his eyes at Seungcheol and turned around.

"I'm pretty sure you two can handle this yourselves, no?" He tells them while pointing his foot at Mingyu's stuff before heading outside and finally go for a stroll.

 

He surely would ask Seungcheol later this day,what this was all about.

 

 

 
Author's Notes

(1198 words)

0Y0Lz4y.gif