Prologue

Wandering
 
 
Prologue


 

Wonwoo was staring  at the street outside through the window.  He was looking at the birds in the trees, the plants moving back and forth because of the wind and all the people passing by.  It was a sunny Autumn day, which meant there were a lot of colors to been seen outside. The leaves were falling off the trees and the wind was blowing them softly through the air. It almost seemed like they were dancing in the air. Unlike what yesterday's evening news said, it wasn't stormy at all today. Resting his head on his hands Wonwoo closed his eyes for a bit. 

He sighs softly. His teacher was giving a lecture, probably talking about some important matter, but Wonwoo really wouldn't know what the professor would be talking about right now. He hadn't really been in the mood to listen to his teacher's words. It was too early on this beautiful day for Wonwoo to comprehend what the man was blabbering about. He tried to pay attention. Really. But he just wasn't that much of a morning person.  Something he doesn't think will change soon.

 

"As you all know.." The teacher now caught his attention by his sudden change of tone. Wonwoo looked up and focused on the man that was standing in front of the many tired college students. The man had tried before, to grab their attention, in different ways. Although his attempts weren't that bad most students still didn't really care for the first class in the early hours of this day. Although most were to the verge of falling asleep, there were some students that were indeed taking notes and tried to make some sense out of the story the teacher was telling.

Wonwoo sighed and let out a small laugh. Taking notes. Something he should be doing as well, but something he didn't really bother doing. He got average grades and even though he wasn't the best, he still passed the first year and he wasn't the worst either. To say, he was pretty satisfied with the results he got. Even if they weren't the highest scores in his class.

 

"Each one of us was born, isn't that right?" Wonwoo frowned at the obvious statement that the professor just said.

"Just like each of us will one day die." Wonwoo sat a bit more straight and listened to the words his teacher was telling the class.

Even though most of his classmates didn't even look up one student said something: "What's that supposed to mean?".

It didn't really seem to advance into a interesting conversation so Wonwoo didn't really bother to hear the rest of it. He grabbed his phone to check the time. 9:48 am.

Good. Only a couple of minutes to go.

The class, which took nearly 2 hours, was almost over. Although there were still a view minutes left, he found it quite useless that the professor continued his lecture.

 

"Everything you decide not to do now, you might regret later on in life." Most students started to grab their books and were ready to leave once the bell would ring.

He was a man that even if he didn't get any response he still wouldn't give up.

"My question for all of you here is; What do you consider a full filed life?"  The bell rung and everyone started to walk out of the classroom. Wonwoo grabbed his notebook and swung his backpack over his shoulder. 

What do I consider a full filed life, huh? 

"For the next class, please try to give an answer on that matter!" The teacher said with his voice raised, so everyone, including the people that were near the hallway, would still be able to hear. Wonwoo put his notebook down and wrote the question down with his pen in coal black ink. Once he was done writing he closed his notebook with one hand, grabbed it and as quickly as he could went on his way to exit the classroom.

He swiftly moved past the teacher and walked towards the door. He always wanted to leave early, so he wouldn't have to have a conversation with anyone around. He didn't have much luck as he was one of the last people to leave. 

And the luck wasn't with him today. As he got closer to the door he could hear his teacher say, "Jeon Wonwoo, Would you mind waiting for a minute?"

.

He cussed under his breath.

Wonwoo turned around and walked over to the desk.

"Yes?" He wanted this to be over with quickly. He honestly didn't really like talking to his teacher, who was essentially also his mentor. 

 

"Wonwoo, lately people have been worrying about you." The professor said as he crossed his legs. "This time it's not only me, but other people are worrying as well. Is everything alright?" Wonwoo closed his eyes and sighed. Situations like these happened a lot in his life. People always thought there was something wrong with him. Sure, there has been a time things weren't all that well. But he everything is fine now. Maybe he seemed a bit depressed, but he surely wasn't. At least, he didn't think so. 

"One of the reasons is that you don't seem to be paying much-" He starts to talk again but Wonwoo interrupts him.

"I'm fine.It's nothing." He says while he forced a smile. Maybe it would be considered as rude to interrupt his mentor, but these conversations were getting on his nerves. Maybe studying psychology wasn't that much of a great choice. He chose it to make sure he would get a good job and to make his parents proud. If he was completely honest, he didn't need much more than that.

"Really now?" Even though he assured his professor that everything was alright, he didn't seem very convinced. "Are you sure Wonwoo?"

Wonwoo sighed and forced a smile to try to reassure him. "Yes, I'm sure." 

His teacher grabs a paper and writes down a number, which is probably some sort of helpline. "If you ever need someone to talk to. This might help."

Wonwoo stands up and pushes the chair back. "Yeah, thank you sir. I'll be taking my leave." His teacher nodded at him as a sign he agrees on him leaving the classroom. "I'll see you next week Wonwoo. Have a nice weekend." 

 

"Yeah, thank you sir." He left the classroom and shut the door close.

 
Author's Notes
wow ok, the first chapter is done~ I hope you all like it. 

(1395 words)  

0Y0Lz4y.gif