Unforgettable

Words That Are Hard To Say [HIATUS]

Donghyun and Hyunseong were patiently waiting inside the kitchen, which was surprisingly spacious compared to the comfortable-sized bakery Inhee owned. There was a table set up for dough-pounding, and Inhee had set up chairs for them to sit around. Three chairs were unoccupied, as Minwoo, Youngmin, and Kwangmin were busy watching the oven in awe, and seeing the bread baking made the whole setting warm up.

“So why are you guys here?” Inhee didn’t want to sound rude, but she wanted to know. She wanted to know why they were here, she wanted to know why Jeongmin wasn’t here, and most importantly she wanted to know why they knew her, other than the fact that she was a famous chef.

Donghyun smiled playfully as he tried not to laugh. “Jeongmin looks like he wants to cook.”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

He shrugged his shoulders. “Lately he’s been reading this cookbook. I may be wrong if he wants to cook or not but he seems pretty interested on the author.”

From his quiet position Hyunseong watched Inhee’s eyebrows furrow together, looking confused. He thought that little action was pretty darn cute. “Who’s the person?” she asked.

Youngmin finally lifted his head from staring at the oven, and skipped over to the three. “Jang Inhee!” he said gleefully, his face lighting up like the sun.

“Jang Inhee?” she repeated, almost as if she didn’t know her own name.

“What’s your relationship with Jeongminnie-hyung?” Minwoo questioned from the other side of the room, his eyes twinkling with wonder.

Inhee shrugged, trying to play it cool. “We were friends in high school,” not really, but it was the closest thing in her mind. She didn’t want to make Jeongmin or her appear like the bad guy/girl and say they never spoke two words to each other. “But then I went to a school in the states and Jeongmin had you guys, you know? It would be natural to grow apart.”

“So you and Jeongmin haven’t spoken to each other since?” Hyunseong piped up, in fact it was the first time Inhee heard him speak. Was he just eager to know they haven’t kept in touch?

But Donghyun beat him to it and didn’t let Inhee answer, deciding to press on the subject of Jeongmin. “But it’s definite that Jeongmin-ah hasn’t forgotten about you.”

Inhee laughed, waving her hands up in dismissal. “But Jeongmin must be so busy with all of his schedules, he has no time to even think about me.”

“But he still manages to read—” Minwoo stopped to think about how good Jeongmin’s English was. “Or at least tries to read your cookbooks!”

Kwangmin finally tore his eyes away from the baking bread, sitting on Hyunseong’s lap. “And he watches every interview with a smile on his face!” he added.

And finally, Youngmin laid all his cards down, giving her the final verdict. “And you’re his wallpaper on his phone. And I can swear on so many things because I’ve seen it myself.”

 Leader Donghyun smiled, trying to get the point across. “Reality check—Jeongmin still likes you.” In the background, everyone in the kitchen heard the oven timer ring, almost waking up Inhee to whatever this reality was.

Inhee couldn’t stop her heart from pumping out of her chest as the thought of Lee Jeongmin floated in his mind. She ignored the rest of the boys’ conversation as she wished Jeongmin was with them too.

If he was here she knew one thing she wanted to say.

She hasn’t forgotten about Jeongmin either.

They munched on some freshly baked bread for a while, until Boyfriend had said that they had some schedules to finish before the end of the day. Once again they donned their hoodies and hats, leaving the warm bakery into the cold outside world.

Donghyun and Hyunseong were trailing behind the maknae line, as they were eager to go rub in the fact to Jeongmin that they’ve met Inhee twice in the same day.

“Inhee sounds nice, doesn’t she?” Donghyun asked, not being able to wipe off the grin from his face.

“She’s more than nice.” Hyunseong replied, a mouthful of bread still in his mouth, as he tried to savor the taste of Inhee’s baking skills. He could swear that this was the best bread he had ever tasted.

“Jeongmin and Inhee would make a good couple.”

Hyunseong tried to wash away the sudden twinge of jealousy when Donghyun said that. Of course, the only reason they were here was for Jeongmin, and curiosity of this girl. But Inhee was just so naturally addictive, one look at her and he was already hooked. But he couldn’t hurt Jeongmin over such a silly little crush, could he?

He swallowed the mouthful of breath he had in one painful gulp. “Yeah… I guess they’d make a good couple.”

As soon as they got to the dorms they had to change right away to avoid being late for their next practice. They’re currently preparing a fan café stage soon and they wanted it perfect.

Kwangmin was the first one in the house, swiftly sliding the paper brown bag of Inhee’s food on the kitchen counter and making it to the bathroom before anyone else could.

Jeongmin was already dressed in his practice clothes, his attitude calm as he watched the Boyfriend members return from their little trip. “So how was the bakery?”

“Success!” Minwoo said, punching his fist up, although Jeongmin had no idea why going to a bakery was considered successful.

“Awesome!” Youngmin said after, opening up the bag of breads, picking off a piece and forcing it into Jeongmin’s mouth. “Isn’t it good?”

After a few seconds of protest from being forcefully fed, Jeongmin tried chewing normally as he took in the taste. His eyes flashed for a second, recognition slowly ebbing in his mind. “This bread tastes familiar…” he muttered, reaching into the bag for another roll.

“How so?” Donghyun asked, pretending not to know anything.

“I’ve had this when I was younger…” Jeongmin cooed wistfully.

Hyunseong bit his lip. “Oh? I don’t believe you could remember a food from so long ago.” He surmised, hoping that his words could suddenly make Jeongmin forget about it.

“Where’d you get this bread from?” Jeongmin finally asked, scratching his honey-colored hair.

Jeongmin’s eyes were glued to the bread. The shape and color were too real to be true.

He didn’t know who answered him, but all thoughts were confirmed when someone said the name he had missed for so long.

“Jang Inhee.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I'm the co-author, sendohime! I'm always behind the scenes, this is the first chapter I did myself so I'm pretty scared at the reactions. Don't worry, your awesome author Rifa will be back after exams, so let's wish her good luck!