Faded...but not Gone

When an Idol Dies...

Yonghwa's POV

I stared at the photo of her, disbelieving at how Seohyun's role in my life could be taken away so easily...

Park Shin-Hye.

 jung-yong-hwa-and-park-shin-hye-23.jpg

A totally random actress placed instead of Seohyun for WGM, "just for show, and besides you two are doing a drama together soon too! How sweet is that!?"

Not.

Especially...When only after a few weeks of the murder of...you know, she...well, let's just say Shin-Hye's not the most comfortable person to be around with when you're hands are dirty with an unforgiveable deed. From the very first WGM broadcast that we had, her eyes, although pretty and laughing on the outside, seemed to bore inside me and read all my sins. She seemed like some sort of detective or something; she never asked anything but her eyes seemed to confirm that I did something wrong. It was harder than ever not to look nervous or fidgety every time Shin-Hye and I were left alone...  

Sure I was worried myself that someday she would make me confess for what I did, but more importantly...I can't get Jiyeon caught, no matter how bad she's been to me. Nowadays she was more cheerful around me, and it almost seemed as if she was thankful for me that I was there. She fully ate all of what I cooked her every time I had a no-schedule day, and sometimes she would even hang around the recording studio, not looking bored but at least faintly interested. I knew this was only because I helped her get rid of her terrible grudges and took away the life of who she hated most, but it was better than completely being used and hated on and jeered at by your engaged one, right..?

At least, despite the few times she'd get drunk in the middle of the night and rant about Choi Siwon of Super Junior, or she cried in her dreams, wetting my shirt as I hugged her close to me. But every time she did that, I wondered what another idol did to her this time; it seemed that everyone who ruined her in the past [or got ruined by her, for that matter] all became famous and...well, better than her. Maybe that was another thing she hated; people always winning over her. Her parents took advantage of her, her enemies rose to be better, and she got tied down by me all because of my money and our parents.

No wonder...

I knew that even worrying about her was a shocking thing to do, but somehow I couldn't help myself. Maybe it was because I myself was at her position, before I debuted. But, since I grew out of it, I was sure she would too. She was just broken inside; all she needs is some time and reflection...right?

Or so I thought, because when I waited an extra two hours for her to come home for dinner at our mansion a few weeks later [April 13 to be specific], things started to feel a bit eerie. The weather was just fine; no storm or anything. Turning on the TV there wasn't any breaking news about some new death or kidnapping so far, and nobody from SM Entertainment came rushing up to any idols' door to cry about their latest new tragedy.

So what in the world could be going on...?

She wouldn't have killed someone again...right?

Please no, not again, Jiyeon...

"I'm a loner, I'm a loner, di-li di-li da-la-doo~" my phone sang. I quickly grabbed it and, seeing the caller ID as Jiyeon, answered it...

...only to hear her crying and calling out her name like she's been mute for ten years or something.

"Y-Yonghwa s-sunbaenim," she cried out, sniffing. And no, this did not seem like the crying that comes out of a failure or just bad dreams, but as if her heart was really, really torn.

As if...her parents used her up and then left her all over again.

Or, as if she was on the brink of death rather than....Seohyun and Super Junior's Kyuhyun. As if karma finally woke up from its suffering slumber and decided to attack Jiyeon at last, using its one person most willing...I had a hunch who would be the only one, out of all her victims, to come back at her, but I couldn't be too sure yet.

"What happened, Jiyeon - "

"I got....caught, sunbaenim..." She whimpered, gulping, "I'm at...t-the place in Busan..." In the background, i heard a male voice, quiet but tough, harshly say, "Yah, get off the phone Park Jiyeon; you said only ten seconds!"

Wait, that voice...I heard it somewhere...

D-Did the one person that she's been so afraid of these past few weeks finally catch up to her?

And right when it was her birthday too?

"Shut up!" she screamed, hiccuping while doing so. "Can't believe you finally caught up to me anyways, Choi Siwon! Just what did you - "

"KYAHH! - yah, who is this!?" Siwon sunbaenim harshly cut in through Jiyeon's loud and scared scream, something I never heard before...

Gulping - and remembering how while they were on hiatus, 'Intuition' took the number 1 spot - I quickly hung up, but not before I remembered where 'that place' was:

The orphanage. Her orphanage, where everything first started.

Oh...damn...

 

Siwon's POV

Finally...finally I caught her. Took long enough; it wasn't easy at all, considering how I almost died again.

But, considering how well she escaped everything she did in the past, who knew what she would do again?

"Go. Away." she hissed, backing off into her old, dark, dusty bedroom as I kept ganging up on her. Everything about her was in there - all the pointy 'safety' pins that made everyone have so much scars in the past, the matches used to threaten them by burning their most precious belongings, the huge duffel bag full of stolen dolls and clothes, and occasional stains of blood here and there. All her sins, gathered here to finally - and hopefully - haunt her at least for a bit.

'Cause undoubtedly...the graves of Joo-Hyun and Kyuhyun were more visible in front of me than ever before in this suffocating darkness, but I didn't know how to stop it.

"Why, Park Jiyeon? Why, in the world did you do this?" I asked, glaring at her. "I never knew you could go this far - "

"You have no idea what your innocent Seohyun and Kyu did to me....you don't even understand yet you're attacking me! YOU'RE JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, YOU !" she ended up screeching, fresh new tears falling down her face, one by one by one. "Seohyun, she...she almost killed me too, you know! The exact in' way I killed that piece of ...and Kyuhyun, he still cried for her in the end, even if he played with my feelings for who knows how long!?"

"...what? Y-You lived with Joo-Hyun before...?"

"No duh! What, she kept all her bad sides a secret!? Tch, well, that's expected..." Jiyeon scoffed, confident [not to mention arrogant] all over again.

"Do you know at all what she put me through? All up until this time that she debuted...she was, to put it in one word, a beautiful represenation of dear old Lucifer."

"B-But still...that's no in' reason at all to kill someone, Park Jiyeon!..."

"Yeah?" she smirked in the eerie darkness, getting on my nerves...but also on my guard.

"Well then...maybe you should go now and just engrave that on her grave, no?" she whispered, taking out something shiny and slithering from her clothes. "Or maybe you can join her yourself; I'm all prepared."

Gawd, this girl...

"That's not the point! All I'm asking for is an explanation!"

"Well then, why are you asking me? Doesn't everyone in SM know her much better? Are you seriously telling me neither one of them told anyone at all about their bad sides? Not even Ryeowook or Yesung or whatnot?"

And seeing how the whole time, despite her tears, she's been inching closer and closer to me in the darkness, it was my cue to leave. But how could I just run away!? I finally caught her; shouldn't I be calling 1-1-9 already!? WTF am I doing, backing off from her like some sort of coward!?

Kyuhyun, of course, wouldn't have done anything to her; he doesn't even know how to hurt someone.

But lucky for him, I do.

So, mustering up all my courage, I got my gun [borrowed from Jinki; I don't know how he had it] from my back pocket and aimed it towards Jiyeon's heart, finally making her back off for once.

"You're really gonna kill me?" she asked skeptically, laughing. "Don't you already know, Choi Siwon? I'm already embedded so much in SM, it'll be hard to get rid of me. And what are you gonna do once people find out that Choi Siwon of Super Junior actually killed someone? No matter who the victim is, you're really gonna get it."

"And besides," she hissed, raising up her own weapon again, "I may be faded, but I'm never gone."

"Even when you thought you were rid of me forever, look at what happened now!"

Oh yeah?

We'll see about that, Park Jiyeon...

'Cause unlike you...I have some back-up.