Special Chapter

The Theory of Instincts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Not fully satisfied with it, but oh wells... enjoy?

 

“Your bear is growling at me.” Baekhyun whispered into his ear, voice half scared and half amused. “Control him!” He prodded Kyungsoo’s cheek for emphasis. The second his finger touched the latter’s face, a low hiss sounded from their right. Taking a quick glance to his side, Kyungsoo could only roll his eyes and exhale deeply.

 

Indeed, Jongin was glaring at them, or more specifically, the bear hybrid was glaring at Baekhyun’s hand on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. He looked a second away from leaning over to chomp on said hand. Kyungsoo tried to hide his growing smile behind a palm; Jongin’s face made it looked like he was constipated, though it was red, not because of pain, but red because he was jealous and extremely upset at the vermin hanging off my Kyungsoo. Jongin huffed frustratedly.

 

So cute... Kyungsoo’s heart swelled. He shrugged off Baekhyun’s hand easily and turned to face Jongin. The bear hybrid’s scowl disappeared at once as he smiled goofily at Kyungsoo. Because Baekhyun was a clown, and also because Chanyeol was encouraging him from across the table, the keeper decided to tease Jongin further by swinging his arm over his fellow keeper’s shoulders once more.

 

On cue, the bear hybrid bared his teeth and released a low warning growl. Baekhyun lifted his hand off and Jongin’s smile returned. He placed it down again and this time the other decided enough was enough; Jongin snapped. “Get your filthy man paw away from my Kyungsoo!” He pushed himself off his seat and glared down at Baekhyun, hand swiping at the other’s one.

 

Chanyeol, extremely loyal to his boyfriend, stood as well, towering over Jongin immediately. “Don’t yell at my Baekie!” The giraffe hybrid stuck out his tongue defiantly. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun could only watch on helplessly as their other halves bickered over nothing essentially.

 

Kyungsoo made eye contact with Sehun, who was giving him a pointed look before glancing down at the sleeping deer hybrid on his lap. The other’s message was clear – control your bear! He’s making too much noise. He’s going to wake my Lulu. Exhaling deeply, Kyungsoo turned to Jongin and tugged on his shirt.

 

“Jongin. Stop.” Kyungsoo warned, and the result was instantaneous. Jongin fell silent at once and settled into his seat meekly. The bear hybrid was biting at his bottom lip nervously, head a little ducked; there was an air of nervousness about him. It was obvious that Jongin was afraid Kyungsoo would get mad at him. And for the remaining time they spent having lunch together, the bear hybrid remained in that position; back hunched timidly, fluffy bear ears flattened against his hair. Kyungsoo frowned and picked at his food; he didn’t like it when Jongin was upset.

 

 

 

 

“Thanks for the food, Kyungie.” Sehun smiled and stepped away, but he couldn’t wave them goodbye for his hands were full with a still sleeping Luhan. “You’re the best!” Kyungsoo chuckled and shooed his best friend away jokingly. “Bye Kyungie!” He barely registered Baekhyun’s shout before wild Chanyeol was dragging his other best friend away. “See you guys at eight! Don’t forget the new keeper’s coming tomorrow!” Kyungsoo yelled after his friends’ retreating backs.

 

Once they were gone, his attention shifted to the one remaining. He couldn’t help but smile inwardly when he heard Jongin’s mumbling beside him. “Of course my Kyungsoo is the best. He is Nini’s best, not stupid ert’s best.” Jongin scowled and kicked out at the gravel on the road, still conversing with himself. “Kyungie belongs to Nini. Kyungie is not for ert. ert has poor Lulu. Nini feel bad for Lulu.”

 

Kyungsoo chuckled and grabbed onto Jongin’s shoulders, effectively halting the bear hybrid halfway into his mini rant. A small blush worked its way onto Jongin’s cheeks at once as he squirmed under the unwavering intensity of Kyungsoo’s stare. “S-Soo?” He stuttered cutely, eyes staring at the other’s forehead instead; too shy to meet his boyfriend’s eyes. Kyungsoo could coo at how cute Jongin is every single time.  

 

“Look at me, Jongin.” He lifted Jongin’s chin and basked in the beauty of the other’s brown orbs. Just when he was about to give in and lean forward to wrap his lips around the bear hybrid’s, Jongin let out a sudden wail, startling Kyungsoo. “NINI’S SORRY, KYUNGSOO! PLEASE DON’T BE MAD AT NINI!” The other sat down on the ground and kicked his legs out in front of him; just like how a child would act when throwing a hissy tantrum. All this while, Kyungsoo stood with his jaw dropped.

 

“DON’T LEAVE NINI, PLEASE!” Jongin sobbed, wiping at his tears with the back of his hand. “NINI WAS ONLY ANGRY BECAUSE YEOLLIE’S HUMAN WAS TOUCHING MY KYUNGSOO!” He sniffled and peered up at the keeper with wide eyes, pouty lips jutted out and trembling just a little. Kyungsoo couldn’t stop himself from giggling when the most adorable of hiccups escaped Jongin’s lips. The bear hybrid had surprised himself with his hiccup for he had on the most perplexed expression. Cute. Jongin’s eyes widened gradually with every single hiccup that followed. So goddamn adorable… Kyungsoo sighed dreamily.

 

“S-Soo? Hic! WHAT IS HAPPENING TO N-NINI? Hic!” Jongin grabbed at his throat anxiously; having not experienced many hiccups before, the bear hybrid was going crazy at the thought he’d just contracted some kind of evil disease. “MAKE IT STOP, SOO. Hic!” He grabbed onto Kyungsoo’s hands and tugged the other down, the latter stumbling a little before falling to straddle Jongin’s thighs. “Nini scared. Hic! Please…” The bear hybrid whimpered.

 

Kyungsoo certainly knew of a few methods that could make one’s hiccups stop. But he blatantly ignored all of them and leaned in to kiss Jongin. The bear hybrid stiffened before relaxing into the kiss. “Silly Jonginnie…” Kyungsoo whispered against the other’s lips before leaning back slightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter