E (is even more than anyone that you adore) [Rated M]

The Theory of Instincts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Oh boy…

Kyungsoo had been pacing around the closed door leading to Jongin’s room for the past ten minutes, but he hadn’t gained the courage to actually knock yet. It was a huge step to take though; walking through that door would mean that he wanted to be with Jongin, it would also mean that he accepts to become the other’s mate since Jongin was a bear hybrid.

Hybrids don’t date for fun. Every relationship was a loyal commitment. Agreeing to go out with a hybrid practically means that you’re bounded to them for life, breaking up wouldn’t affect humans but the hybrids would definitely suffer repercussions – negatives that even include death itself. That’s why hybrids choose their mates very carefully.

Just the thought of Jongin choosing him as his mate made Kyungsoo’s heart race. He now knew how important he was to the bear hybrid. He also knew how important it was that he made the next step forward with Jongin. All that stood in between them was Jongin’s bedroom door, which brings us to the present.

Kyungsoo ran his hand over his face and raised it to hover weakly above the wood. Come on just knock goddammit! Three times, you can do this. He took in a deep breath before finally bringing down his knuckles to rap on the door.

Once…Twi- Kyungsoo lifted his hand to knock a second time but before he could do so, there was an unmistakable squeak and thump against the door. He startled and leaned his ear against the wood at once. Has Jongin been standing at the other side of the door all this while? Kyungsoo didn’t know Jongin had smelt his presence the second he’d stepped out from the lift.

“Jongin?” Kyungsoo asked softly. There was another squeak before silence ensued again. Kyungsoo waited patiently for a few seconds but when the other refused to reply him, he raised his hand again. Just when he was about to pound on the door, a white A4-size paper slipped out from the small gap under the door.

Kyungsoo could barely contain his squeal at how cute Jongin was acting. Jongin is not in were the big bold words scribbled on the otherwise blank sheet. Right… and he thinks I’m dumb enough to fall for that. “I know you’re in there, Jongin!” Kyungsoo rapped on the door again.

There was a muffled sound of what seemed like pen scratching over paper, before another sheet slipped out from under the door.

I’m not.

Kyungsoo scoffed and leaned his forehead against the door. “Let me in Jongin. Please… Why won’t you let me in?” He waited for his reply that came some thirty seconds later. Don’t come in, wild bear on the loose. Bear will bite you. Kyungie hyung must not get hurt! Awww… Kyungsoo could coo but he was slowly starting to get impatient. He wanted to see Jongin now.

So the keeper did what he knew would make it impossible for Jongin to resist opening the door for him. Kyungsoo sat down in the middle of the corridor and mustered the best acting skills he had, which is practically non-existent to be honest. “Is it because you hate me?” Kyungsoo sniffled and fake-sobbed. “That’s why you refused to talk to me and refused to open the door?”

The response was immediate. After Kyungsoo had let out an ear-piercing wail of “DON’T HATE ME, JONGIN…” there was a flurry of noise at the other side of the door. He could imagine Jongin’s panic and internal debate on whether to open the door or not. There were some thumps against the door again before Kyungsoo heard muffled whispers that sounded a lot like Jongin mumbling to himself.

Almost there… Kyungsoo grinned cheekily to himself before standing and walking to the corridor’s railing. Both hands settled on it and with one leg curled up; he looked as if he was about to jump off. “I should just KILL MYSELF because Jongin HATES ME!” Kyungsoo exaggerated and leaned forward. There wasn’t any danger though; most of his body was still behind the railing so he wasn’t at risk of tipping over. But Jongin wasn’t to know that. “I’m really going to do it…” He spared a quick glance over his back.

The door to Jongin’s room burst open with so much force that it shocked Kyungsoo till the point that he almost went over the railing unintentionally. “NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” A screaming bear dashed out and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist tightly, tugging him back hard.

“Kyungie hyung cannot die or Jongin will die with you!” Jongin hugged the keeper to his chest and sat on the floor, Kyungsoo cradled in his arms. “Breathe hyung, breathe!” The bear hybrid nuzzled at Kyungsoo’s neck. The latter didn’t bother mentioning that it was Jongin that was suffocating him in his hug.

After a period where they just remained in each other’s arms on the floor, Jongin pulled back and glanced down at a grinning Kyungsoo’s face. “Jongin…” Kyungsoo turned his body around so that he was sitting facing the bear hybrid.

Cupping Jongin’s cheeks, which made the hybrid tense up, Kyungsoo the skin beneath his fingers with his thumbs, eye scanning the other’s face in an attempt to memorize every single detail of Jongin’s beautiful face.

“Don’t run from me anymore Jongin, because I’m positive I love you too.” Jongin emitted an adorable hiccup when Kyungsoo said the L-word. “L-Love… J-Jonginnie?” The bear hybrid stuttered, eyes going a bit cross-eyed when Kyungsoo leaned forward. “Yes, so don’t hold back anymore okay?” Kyungsoo’s breath could be felt against Jongin’s lips, such was their close proximity. “I want us to be together.”

“Are you serious Kyungie hyung? Because if you’re just joking you will break Jongin’s heart.” The bear hybrid’s eyes darted down to Kyungsoo’s lips, a soft whimper escaped his own. The keeper could see how Jongin was holding back from pouncing on him. So Kyungsoo did the other a favor and closed the deal for him.

“I love you, Jongin.” He didn’t even take time to register the bright smile blooming on the bear hybrid’s face before he was pressing their lips together. The kiss was nothing he’d ever imagined. Kyungsoo sighed in satisfaction and nibbled on Jongin’s bottom lip daringly, the action snapping the dazed bear out of his shock.

Kyungsoo realized then that he’d opened the Pandora box for Jongin started kissing him fervently a second later. With the bear hybrid’s arms pulling him flushed against his body, Kyungsoo whimpered into the kiss when Jongin drove his tongue into his mouth. They continued to make out until Kyungsoo accidently tugged on Jongin’s bear ears. The other pulled away panting, staring at the keeper with hooded eyes, lips swollen and slicked with saliva; Kyungsoo was sure he looked exactly like that too.

Jongin’s bear ears twitched, catching the attention of Kyungsoo. “Run now if you want, Kyungie hyung… or Jongin will not be able to hold back after this.” His face was so serious when he gave out that last warning, but Kyungsoo shook his head and held Jongin’s face. Matching the other’s serious look, Kyungsoo said very determinedly, “I’m not going anywhere”; it was a clear declaration that he was agreeing to be Jongin’s. Right when he said it, Kyungsoo witnessed the most brilliant of smiles grow on the bear hybrid’s face.

It was Kyungsoo’s turn to squeak when Jongin stood up with him still securely in his arms. There was only one way this situation will play out the second Jongin strode determinedly into his room, kicking the door shut after him with his leg. Kyungsoo blushed furiously when the bear hybrid set him down gently on his bed.

“Is it okay if we…” Jongin scratched at the back of his neck awkwardly; he was barely containing his urge to take Kyungsoo fast and rough. He didn’t want to hurt the other so he was doing his utmost to control himself. He’d go slow and gentle if he could. Kyungsoo knew very well what Jongin was referring to. Though it was slightly embarrassing, the keeper still nodded and smiled up shyly at the other.

Jongin gulped and crawled onto the bed, shedding his top in the process before he hovered over Kyungsoo’s smaller body. The latter was really just gawking at the bear hybrid’s godlike body. One hand reaching out to timidly touch Jongin’s abs, Kyungsoo gulped and looked elsewhere with a blush on his face, inciting an amused chuckle from the other.

“You can touch, hyung.” Jongin grabbed his hand and shamelessly placed it just a few centimeters shy from the waistband of his shorts. Kyungsoo’s eyes widened even further. “I’m all yours…” Jongin stared at him with so much intensity, a little imploring too. Kyungsoo wanted to say he was all Jongin’s too, but he was too shy, so he grabbed Jongin’s hands and placed them near the buttons of his shirt. The meaning was clear.

The bear hybrid didn’t even wait before he was peeling off Kyungsoo’s shirt, his lips unknowingly as more of the pure white skin was revealed. “Nini loves Kyungie hyung so much.” Jongin’s eyes went starry as he admired the other’s bare torso. “So beautiful…” There was a look of awe on his face; Kyungsoo clapped his hands over his eyes, he didn’t think he was beautiful, he didn’t think he deserved the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter