Chapter 10 : "Let's not fall for each other"

024 - Secret

September 1 st, 2015 08.00 A.M.

Jungkook wakes up in his office. After all what happens last night, he just forced himself to work so he wouldn’t think about her again. But he can’t. Younghee. That girl is so mysterious and somehow attractive. When she smiled at the kids at the orphanage, her smile just very sincere and … beautiful ?

He wipe his face wishing if he wipes his face, he would forget about Younghee. Just then, someone knock his office’s door.

“Yes, come in,” he said as he stand up from the sofa he just used to sleep.

“Jungkook-sshi?”

Jungkook looked at her.

“Younghee ? What are you doing here?” he asked confusedly. What she’s doing in here ? And why she know I’m here?

“Jungkook-sshi, I just want to talked about somethings.. if I’m not bothering you, right now?”

They already promise to each other if they’re in work field they would speak formally.

She looked at him and how messy he is, still wearing the same clothes as yesterday and with some hair misplaced in his face. He gave a look at his condition and blush right away.

“Yeah, sure. And it’s okay , you don’t have to called my name formally because most of the workers aren’t here right now,” he said. It’s still 8 A.M. and workers usually started works at 10 A.M.

She nodded and take a sit in front of him.

“So… I want to do the mission again,” she said as soon as she sit in front of him. He looks confused.

“Why? No, I don’t want if-“

“No. It doesn’t bother me at all. And it’s for a friend. I just.. I’m okay.”

“No.” he said , opposed her statement.

“Jungkook-ah..”

“No.” he said for the last time. He stand up and took his jacket from his chair.

“Jungkook-ah.. “ she said for the last time. Jungkook who was about to leave her stop and look at her. She stand up from the sofa.

“Happy birthday and I’m sorry being such friend to you,” she said as she forced a smile to him. And he knew she forced that smile.

“If you’re that sorry then follow me,” he said suddenly. She is froze at his words. He hold the door and wait for her awhile.

“Come on, what are you doing, Younghee-ya?” he said smirking at her.

“Yeah.. r-right,” she said as she took her bag and clumsily drop things inside her bag.

Looking at her, Jungkook can’t help smiling and help her. After all her things done, he quickly took her hand and lead her to his car parked in the lobby. The people that come earlier to work can’t help to see them and talk about them. How their hard-working boss finally out from his office for the first time and with a girl.

Jungkook open the door from his car for Younghee. Showing his manners to her. She feel so awkward and confused at the same time.

He drove to some apartment in Cheongdam-dong. It looks expensive as hell not like her apartment.

When they about to go inside she stopped for a moment.

“Where are we going?” she asked as she put on some confused-looking face that looks like funny-looking face, making Jungkook burst into laughter.

“It’s my apartment. You don’t think I should go out with these clothes, right?” he asked.

“Oh.. right,” she noticed and blush right away.

“Should I wait here then ? I mean if I bother you-“

“Just follow me, okay?” he said as he smiling and put his hand in her shoulder as he slightly push her to walk.

They got to 8th floor and there’s only 1 apartment. His only. They got in the apartment and Younghee just couldn’t hide her fascinated face. Jungkook just smiled seeing her cute face.

“Sit here and wait me. I’m going to have a shower so just looks whatever you want,” he said.

He go to shower and leave her alone in awe. She looks around the house and found his pictures since he was a kid and can’t help to smile to it. Soon, Jungkook is out from the bathroom and seeing his wet hair just make her heart skip a beat.

“Hey.. I found your old pictures … and ..,” she started the conversation so it wouldn’t be so awkward but it just makes it more awkward. He smiled once again making her stomach filled with butterflies.

She blushed. And she just too embarrassed about everything and looks at the floor.

“Wait for awhile. I’ll be fast,” he said ending their conversation as he enter his bedroom.

It was 10 minutes and he looks fabulous with a simple outfit. Also his wet hair already half-dry.

“Come on, let’s go.”

“Yeah.. but Jungkook-ah..,” she said making him looks at her.

“Where are we going?”

“We are going to eat breakfast. You said you’re sorry, right? Then accompany me this whole day,” he said.

“And, you don’t gave me a present yet.” He continued.

They go to an expensive restaurant in Garosu-gil after that. The place gives a European vibes that looks perfect on Christmas. Jungkook gave a sign to the waiters and waitresses then they got us in special place at the 2nd floor. The waiters and waitresses then take orders also gave Jungkook a birthday cake without even being told.

“Jungkook-ah.. I don’t know what should I say,” she said starting their conversation.

“ Then don’t say anything. What do you think about the food ? Is it okay ?”

“It’s more than okay. And .. do you know all the workers here ? Is it yours?” she carefully ask him.

“No. It’s my aunt’s. She used to lived in France so when she live here and she craved France’s foods, there’s none here. So she opened one.”

“Oh…,” she said as she looked around.

“So, what do you want for your present, Jungkook-ah?”

“Mm.. I don’t think you would able to buy anything I want right now, so just grant me a wish,”

“A wish?”

“Make me live like a normal people. Everything normal people do, let’s do it!” He said as he smiled. As he smiled, she could see his eyes shining like a child.

She laughed at him seeing he like a kid.

“Okay, I would grant your wish. But there’s things and steps that we should do first,” she said as she smile.

After the breakfast, they packs some things and go by KTX to Busan. They use public transportation and for the whole time, Jungkook’s full with excitement. One time, Younghee was see him and smile by herself. Jungkook who take a glance finally asked her.

“Why are you smiling, Younghee-ya ?”

“Nope. It’s just you’re so funny. Jungkook-ah, you’re that excited, huh?”

“Yeah. It’s my dream actually. Being a normal person. Until I met Jin. If I want to be with Jin, I have to get back to the company. Jin’s father won’t even let a commoner near her. I know since I was her bodyguard,” he said.

“Bodyguard ? You haven’t told me the story when you and Jin met. Would you tell me?”

Jungkook looks a little bit surprised by her question.

“Ah.. I’m sorry Jungkook-ah. If you don’t want to tell it, don’t do it then,” she said as soon as she look his expression and cursing herself inside about how stupid she is asking such question.

“No. I’ll tell you. We’re this close so why I wouldn’t tell you,” he said pointing how close they’re as a friend. Deep down, she feels hurt but she curious as hell.

Then, he tells everything about how he runaway from home and met her. And the accident that separates them.

“Jungkook-ah, I-” Younghee said. Without even looking her face, only from the way she talks, Jungkook knows she feel sorry for him.

“I know you want to say sorry, but you’ve help me until this far. It’s okay Younghee-ya,” he said as he look at her. They’re sit beside each other and Jungkook is the one beside the window. Jungkook see her, her eyes shine from the sunlight. It sparkles and really looks like have a happiness in her eyes. Yet very sad at the same time. How could a person have a happiness yet sad eyes at the same time.

“Jungkook-ah,” she was about to started talking to him when they realized they already arrived in Busan. Jungkook’s grandfather and grandmother live in Busan, as it was his father and his hometown. Until his grandfather and father’s company got bigger 20 years ago and they have to move to Seoul to expand the company.

“Come on, let’s go,” he said as he took his bag. They’re going out from the KTX. It’s been 10 years since the last time he come home to Busan. His grandfather would come to Seoul if they’re miss them and his father doesn’t even want to come home because it remind him of all his hardships and the people who used to say bad things about them.

“Jungkook-ah , let’s go to your grandfather’s house first,” she said. She look the address Jungkook wrote before they go.

“Looks like it’s not that far,” she continued.

“Okay. I don’t remember everything, so can you lead the way?” he asked as they got out.

“Okay. Don’t get too far away from me, okay?” she said as she afraid he would get lost because his fascination about this whole journey.

They about to got out when there’s bunch of people heading the same direction and they’re about to separated from each other.

“Jungkook-ah !” she screamed at him. He then took her shoulders and completely stick to each other so they won’t separated from each other. Weirdly, they are looks like a couple. The woman that pass by or behind them would glance and talking about Younghee, about how lucky she is having a boyfriend like Jungkook. Yes, he is handsome and Younghee admit it. Very much.

They then get on a bus to the address in the paper. They got there by 01.00 P.M. It was rather exclusive. It’s big and more like a vacation house. Their house used to be here but after they got bigger, his father bought the whole neighbourhood and build a big house there. It has a view of the sea also a beach in front of the house.

Harabeoji, halmoni,” he said as he got into the big house.

“Jungkookie?” his grandmother asked. Younghee just stand behind them looking how they hug and share warmthness.

“Jungkook-ah? Jungkook-ah! Happy birthday, tough guy !” his grandfather get out from his room and give Jungkook a big hug as soon as he pulled out from grandmother’s hug.

“Oh, who is there? Are you Jungkook’s friend?” said the grandmother.

“I’m not. I’m just his friend. Ah.. right my name is Kim Younghee,” she said as she bowed to them.

“Ah- Younghee. It sound just like my friend’s granddaughter,” said the grandfather.

“It’s commonly used these days, I think, harabeoji,” she said as she smile to them.

They got close to each other so quickly and they’ve got to eat some seaweed soup for Jungkook’s birthday . Then his grandparents gave them a time to spent together.

They go to the beach in front of the house. She smiled as it been a long time since she’s been coming to a beach.

“It’s pretty, Jungkook-ah. I see why they prefer to live here then in Seoul,” she said.

“Yeah. It’s been a long time I’ve been here and it’s gotten a lot prettier than the last time I’ve seen it.”

“Jungkook-ah, I want to give my present for you but it doesn’t appear yet,” she said out of the blue.

“What do you mean ?”

“I already thinks, what present should I give you and I’ve found it. But we cannot see it maybe from here and it appears only this night in one place.”

“We should go, then. I’ll tell them then.”

“Is it okay? I mean they already called your father about you having your birthday here.”

“They would lie for me. And I didn’t get much experience as a normal person today. Except we got here by public transportation.” He said as he looked at her with some funny face making Younghee smiled.

“Okay, then. Let’s go,” she said and as she said without even they noticed, she took his hand and got their bags, saying goodbye to his grandparents and travel once again.

They’re going to Kyeongsang-do Province. Her birthplace.

“Jungkook-ah, let’s eat this !” she said as soon as they arrived in a market. He nodded.

“Omeoni, give me this please,” she said to the merchants. A vegetable pancake, fried vegetable, 2 person worth of ddeok-boki also some sundae.

They explore to the eateries and also pack some foods for the night. They are exploring the town and they don’t stop laughing and have fun. Then, it was 08.00 P.M. and Younghee took him to a hill. There was only locals there, but because of Younghee’s connection they can go to the top of hill. They got to the top of the hill.

She took out a picnic things and arrange them. They took out the foods they packed at the market.

“Jungkook-ah,” suddenly she said to him as she point out something in the sky.

“My present! “ she said with a smile. He can  doubt it anymore that she’s very pretty when she’s smiling. He looked at the sky. He look a constellation.

“It’s the Orion, the hunter. The Orion or usually known as ‘The Hunter’ is a hunter in the Greek myths. She lose her family since she was a child and have to survive in this world by herself. So she learnt how to survive and becoming the hunter. She soon fell in love with a god name Apollo. They in love with each other but then Artemis, the designated wife for Apollo feel so much jealousy. So she asked Hera, the mother of Apollo to kill her. She granted her wish and send the Scorpio. She was dead. Knowing this, Apollo who loves her so much asked his father, Zeus to make a constellation for Orion in the night sky along with the Scorpio, who killed her, so Apollo can always remember his lover and not forgetting the one who killed his lover.”

“It can only be seen in this hill, so I took you here. My parents used to take me here a lot. And that story is my last birthday gift from them.”

After her story, they just enjoyed the silence as they look the constellation. Deep down in her heart, she knew she does the best thing giving him this present. She took something from her bag and give it to him.

“My second present,” she said as she give him the present. It was already wrap neatly.

“I didn’t forget your birthday because you’re my client after all. I already prepared it since 2 months ago. It catch my eye and I think it would be good on you,” she continued.

He opened the gift and found a pair of shoes. A black converse with customize inisials “JK” behind it. Also a letter. He read it.

 

To. My first ever bestfriend

Happy birthday, Jungkook-ah. I don’t know what should I buy for you anymore because I know you can get all you want because you’re rich as hell but I buy you this anyway. I see it in store 2 months ago and I think it would fit you really well. Even though everything will fit with you like what you’ve always said. It’s only been 6 months since we become each other’s friend and I’m grateful to you for making me your friend. I’m glad that I befriend with you. Kook-ah, I love you. I don’t know since when I love you and I don’t know why. I just love you. I know you love Jin and I know you always say to me that I was your bestfriend but I’m so sorry I can’t lie to my heart anymore. I’m so sorry that I always think about myself even when I confessed to you. I’m so sorry for everything, Kook-ah.

He look at her. Her eyes looks like she was about to cry. But she managed to calm her own feelings.

“Jungkook-ah,” she said looking at him.

“Let me do my missions so I don’t have any regret anymore,” she continued.

“Hee-ya,”

“I’ll feel sorry everytime I see you. So let me do the job. If you really want me to stop apologize to you, please let me do it.”

They look to each other’s eyes. Jungkook is confused with the feelings in his heart. She then walked and clean everything they’ve been set up.

“Hee-ya,” he said making Younghee stop.

She stop. Their eyes met. She is trying to read his mind.

“I’ll let you do your missions, but under some condition…..”

 

“Never leave each other’s side…..”

 

“And let’s not fall for each other,” he continued.

 

 People always said you couldn’t give a shoes to a person you love because they would leave you.

People said you have no reason to love, you just fall in love with the person. And you couldn’t press the feelings.

 

 People said… but is it always true ? 

 

P.S. I'm going to be on a hiatus maybe for like 3 months but i still don't know too. I have my national exams coming up in 4,5,6 April and also much much more exams coming up starts from the end of February. I know it's a long time but I need so much preparations as i really want to end my senior year perfectly :'( It'll be some though months so it's hard for me to update and post another chapter. But I'll try it if I can. I'll update if I can and thanks for subscribing to the story ! Lots lots lots of love from me !