Chapter 9 : The First Goodbye

024 - Secret

September 1 st, 2015 00.00 A.M.

Younghee wakes up from her sleep. It’s been the third time since last night. Younghee just couldn’t leave Younghyun alone anymore. She goes to her room and checked him again. He is still sleeping. Maybe most of it because the antibiotics she gave him last night. Thinking about what happened last night just make Younghee couldn’t sleep.

Last night, 31 August, 2015 17.35

She hugged him while crying.  Jungkook just see her from behind, alone. She then took an bottle of antibiotics from table beside her bed and shot him with an antibiotic in his arm. Soon enough, he is asleep. Younghee tried to stand up and move him to bed. Seeing her struggle to move him, Jungkook help her and move him from the cold floor to her bed.

“Thank you, Jungkook-ah …. and I’m so-“

“It’s okay.  Don’t say sorry anymore. Just get some rest,” he said to her. Jungkook is cleaning the remains of the chaos.

“Jungkook-ah…” she said making him stop from cleaning the apartment. He looks at her. Her eyes that once full with sparkles of happiness was nowhere to be found. Her eyes is bloated from too much crying. And full of sadness.

“Jungkook-ah… I… ,” she stopped again and see him in the eyes. Jungkook walked to her and hugged her tightly. Tightly to the point that they could hear each other’s heart beats and breaths. She once again cried in his embrace. Jungkook just hugged her more tight and carress her hair.

She is the first one to pull out from the hug. There is an silence between them.

“Let’s forget what happened for the past 6 months,” he said breaking the silence between them. Younghee looks to him with so much confusion. Does that mean, forgetting their ‘friendship’ and also.. forgetting her love for him?

“Let’s forget what happened for the past 6 months and have a normal friendship… Let’s forget all the sadness and start over again,” he said to her.

“What about Jin-sshi ? You… love her so much right? And you wanted to stop here ? What if-“

“I’ll try another way. There’s so much ways out there for me to meet her. I won’t do it if that’ll bother a friend and also it’s a friend that already have too much hardships already.” He said to her and smile to her.

“Right now, what I want you to do is just live like other people. Stop become an agent and start being a doctor, a real doctor.” He continued.

After the talks and after he cleaned the apartment, he went home. Younghee is still in a confuse state. She just wanted everything to be as she planned but everything is not like she thinks. First, Younghyun’s sudden horrible state. Second, her pleasure to be worked as a doctor like any other doctors in the country. Last, her first  ever ‘friendship’ that lead her to her first love ever in her whole life.

September 1 st, 2015 00.05 A.M.

She stood beside Younghyun. She was about to leave when Younghyun take her hand.

“Younghyun oppa….” She said to him and hug him.

“I’m sorry Younghee-ya…” he said almost like a whisper to her.

“No. Don’t be. Just… promise me you wouldn’t ever do such thing again,” she said as she pulled out from the hug. Younghyun just nodded.

“Younghee-ya.. There’s a thing that I need to say and I want you to stay calm about what I was about to say,” he said slowly. Younghee just nodded.

“Younghee-ya, we cannot trust Ajusshi anymore. You cannot stay under him anymore. We should run away from his shadows.” He said to her.

“Oppa, why we cannot trust him? Why are you talking and do such thing like this ?” she said while “” her temple.

“Younghee-ya, your family… it’s not just a coincidence they caught in the accident. And it’s not a coincidence either you got this job… It’s Ajusshi’s plan all along for the past 10 years,” he said with teary-eye.

“What do you mean it’s not a coincidence?”

“Younghee-ya, I accidentaly heard what he was talking about with some man. Powerful one in the country. Why do you think you could get away from the police on the day you got the accident?” he said.

“He just use us and behind all of that he really need you so much. There’s something in you that he wants. There’s something from your father that he needs so much and the only way is you. It’s been 3 months he kept me alive in a living hell because I know his plan but I managed to got out,” he continued.

“What did Ajusshi do to you ?” she asked full with carefulness.

“You already know what he do,” he said as he see his own body.

“But, it doesn’t matter now. We still have some time to go-“

“No, oppa. I’ll not run away from him.” She said to him firmly.

“Younghee-ya…”

“No, oppa. I’ll take you out of the country but I’ll stay. I’ll stay and make him pay,” she said once again with anger in her eyes.

“Then I’ll not go either,”

“Oppa, with your condition you cannot. Instead, just let me do it and you could back me up with your hack skills.First, I need all information you got.”

“Younghee-ya..”

“Trust me, oppa. I’ll pay him for all of this.”

Younghyun nodded. Younghee packs Younghyun’s clothes in her apartment and got her intel outside Jaeyeong’s company to get Younghyun outside the country. Younghyun got to a plane destined to Paris in the 04.00 A.M. along with her trusted intel. She packs some medicine for his wound and make his wound looks disappear so he doesn’t stand out.

“Oppa, stay safe. “ She whisper to his ear as she hugged him.

“Younghee-ya… you know I love you right?” he said as he pulled off from the hug.

Younghee nodded.

“Then let me kiss you for the last time,” he said.

Younghee looks confused but she know that today may be the last time they meet. She nodded once again.

Younghyun was about to kiss her lips but when he see her shut her eyes forcefuly , he smile and kiss her temple. As he kiss her temple, he put a paper to her hand. Then he go away from her side. She opened the paper he gave her.

To. My princess, Jung Younghee

By the time you see this paper, maybe I’m not by your side anymore but I knew my princess would be strong without me anymore. Younghee-ya, I know these past 10 years are difficult for you, it also difficult for me. But behind all these hard moments, I’m glad that I met you even though when I first met you, all you did just cry alone in your room, and I heard all of those because our rooms is next to each other. But that Younghee who just cry alone in her room also gives me a lot of happiness. Even though you have many hardships, you’ll always smile when you hang out with me and the guys. You’ll always smile to everyone, and most of all even when you’re in difficult situation, you would help anyone beside you. Your smile have been the energy of everyone in the company, and I don’t want you to lose it. Okay, it might seems crazy but whenever you smile, your eyes sparks like a thousand stars in the night. And I want you to don’t lose that smile and after all of things that going on right now, you would find more of that smile of yours. We might be separated by more than thousands miles but I want you to know that I’ll always beside you and I’ll always protect you. So, my princess please stay with me until these journey ends. Stay alive, Younghee-ya.

P.S. I know you love that Jungkook guy and I see happiness in your eyes everytime you hangout with him. I know you always said that you’re not pretty and I acknowledge it. But Younghee, you’re more than pretty. You’re beautiful. Tell him. Tell him if he doesn’t take you fast, I would.

Younghee smile from the notes he give to her. She once again look to the door of departure only to see his back.

And as he go away, a drop of tear escaped from his eyes. Bye, my first love.