↬ Notes

↬ COUNTERPACTS - DISCONTINUED

"ABC."

Heritage Enforcement Law & Leadership

Name:

Date of Birth:

:

Class:

I.D. #: #()initials(birthday)
[#: 1=demonic; 2=dichotomy; 3= complementary; 4=demonsolo; 5=humansolo]

Power:

Note:

"ABC."

Heritage Enforcement Law & Leadership

Name:

Date of Birth:

:

Class:

I.D. #: #()initials(birthday)
[#: 1=demonic; 2=dichotomy; 3= complementary; 4=demonsolo; 5=humansolo] (strongest to weakest)

Power:

Note:

.

Humans are all part demon and although everyone inherits part of their demon ancestry, it is rare but not impossible to see a person who has inherited their power. They can get help by finding either a priest to repress/channel their powers [Complementary] or by finding someone with the exact opposite power to counter yours [Dichotomy]. (The power balance must also be forced equal or naturally equal somehow.) [Counterpart] However, for those who do neither, they are soon driven mad by both power and demon blood but their body also breaks down, unable to handle the great amount of energy. This is the government branch that deals with such issues.

Side Problems:
Abuse of descendant by priest in Complementary pair - leads to reasonable weariness of priests in public but downright fear in Counterpacts

Different Marks:
Complementary:
Ink mixed with blood creating star in circle (protection) on skin. Usually on priest's hand and somewhere (above heart, forehead, etc.) on descendant but always varies depending on powers. Increases power to draw back demonic power if in contact but works well enough usually without contact. Priest works with incantations to calm descendant. Mark is invisible until in use. Can be broken by using counter spell but difficult and usually only done in court of law. (Of course, leads to more problems since level of abuse up means less chance of court.)
Dichotomy:
Piece of jewelry (something that touches the skin so no earring) both made of pure silver and carved with incantations. So can feel other's power level and adjust accordingly. Works even if apart so can use it as medium to channel energy and balance. Problem is can be removed but can be used to significantly power up self at cost of physical body and/or sanity.

Lucy Feare = Lucifer = Louis Seifer : pureblood, first class demon : Director of H.E.L.L Asian branch : ∞
Aliases: Jenny, Robert, Ms. President, Director (by Sooyeon)
Faceclaims: Francisco Randez (0) Victoria Brito (0)
History: She literally started as the head of a world organization for fun. She was the one who revealed actual presence of demons too half for kicks but another half because seriously, humans were idiots. She ran into one of her descendants later and wow, the girl had potential to be a great amusement. Eventually, she found all the work tedious/boring too so she passed it off to another high-class demon (another archangel) and demoted herself/works double-time as head of Asian branch. Everyone assumes she is a rich and lazy, strong Descendant. (Sooyeon knows better of course.) She loves messing with her workers and seriously, her main goal is own entertainment/amusement than actual productivity. She often enjoys traveling places (with power), buying stuff, and returning and enjoying "real gelato from Italy man."
Power: She can travel at the speed of light as long as path is lit (technically streetlights and sunlight). She is also literally made of light so she can change appearance. Since she's an ancient, powerful demon, gender is liquid. Illusions are easy. She can also turn other things into light and travel with them but more turning is more tired. Security systems are null since lasers = light and no weight since light (does have mass though) and motion of light too fast to register. She also has some power over heat and energy but not unlimited (mostly limited to transferring from one body to another, not creating/destroying). 

Choi Sooyeon : Manifested and Priestly : Executive of H.E.L.L Seoul, Korea and Director of Korean branch (one branch lower than Lucy) : 21
Aliases: Sue, Ms. Choi
Faceclaim: Park Boyoung (0)
History: A descendant of Lucy years ago, her wings come from another demon along her family line. When her parents ended up divorced, her at age seven and Seungyeon four, she threw herself into her studies and excelled in Priestly Studies despite her lack of powers. It was near fate that she ran into Lucy at the government building while filing some papers for her father and recognized the traits that had been passed down the family. She hadn't expected wanting to become a government worker but she did. She also didn't expect her eccentric ascendant to be her superior but it was so. She was 16 when she first took on the position, 17 when she was promoted to the head of her branch, and 18 when Lucy demoted herself to join her. She's a genius prodigy despite her looks and has intuitively always been brilliant so underestimating her is fatal, especially once it is seen how much work she puts into managing not only her entire department but whatever else trouble her ascendant sets up for her.
Power: Her obvious power is her wings, large enough to help her fly and then some. They're brown rather than the expected black or white (especially since dying feathers is a fad) but it makes her more approachable. (It actually naturally changes color to reflect her hair color for some reason and her hair is black but dyed brown.) They're usually folded well but when they're outspread, they can easily span a room and still need to stretch. She doesn't fly often in view of others but if she does, she usually goes high before out. Her priestly powers, on the other hand, are all earned from hard work and practice. Although memorizing incantations, runes, and all other priestly things was easier for her, her holy power was much lower due to her demonic blood (because her ascendant is Lucy) so she worked hard to increase her capacity and increase her efficiency to the point that she eventually became known as a genius/prodigy. Her specialty is chaining demons, descendants, and berserkers down but the stronger the chain, the more pain she causes herself. Her feathers will, at first, fall out followed by a weakening/rotting of her wings. At the very last stage, her wings will rot off painfully and will eventually grow back slowly during the times she doesn't use her powers, a little less painful but more constant like growing pains.

Yoo Youngjae : Half Demon : Executive of H.E.L.L Incheon, Korea : 24
Aliases: Jay, Yoo! (often shouted in frustration and annoyance)
History: Born from a of a male demon to a female manifested descendant (only a tail), he grew up with his mother trying to kill him. Only a reminder to her suffering, she despised his very being and it was with great pleasure that she threw him into the foster care system when he was ten after those years of abuse. He grew up bitter and quiet, silently seething and planning. But none of his revenge came to fruit once his mother committed suicide and for a while, he was a shell. But as all shells do, he was filled with something and fortunately, it was positive. He found a role model in school with a volunteer substitute teacher. The teacher taught politics and did it in a way that was more than proficient, it was fun. He picked out Youngjae early on as one of his favorites and often , telling him he'd make a good government worker. Youngjae was, once he put his mind to it, a genius in his own right and although the teacher ended up fired (something about inappropriate relations with students and being too casual), Youngjae never quite forgot the man. And, he eventually found out, Youngjae did although Youngjae is unaware that he does as Seifer is Feare.
Power: With an extra two pairs of arms, multitasking is his most skilled feature. Somehow, his extra arms along with his big brain have allowed him to be brilliant with organization especially, but he's not just a pair of extra arms. He's stronger (more muscle to be used), quicker, and his mind processes things quickly. Multitasking may be easy but so is strategy and although he may be cruel, his arms help him help others, especially the annoying workers in his own branch and another executive who he sees quite often.

Ryuu Yuki : Observed and Dichotomy : 21
Aliases: Soojung, Snowflake (insult by Minho)
Faceclaim: Manami Konishi (0)
History: It helps growing up to have a parent who has the exact same power and can teach you how to control it. Unfortunately for Yuki, her father was unnecessarily strict and she has been taught that emotions rile her powers - that they make them uncontrollable - and although it is true in a way, she knows not her limits (or lack thereof) because she's been taught to not try. She was barely over the adult age when her father finally followed her mother into death and suddenly free, she lost control after so many years. A bit of a late bloomer, she was actually about to be taken down by the government when Sooyeon, miracle worker that she is, was able to contain Yuki long enough to find her a Counterpart. Ever since then, Yuki has learned, exploring her powers slowly, and worked for the government. 
Power: Frost follows her trail, especially when her emotions are fluxing everywhere. Most importantly, however, she specializes in creating objects  - spears, swords, etc. that anyone can use. Traps are also simple for her when she has the time and distraction but the more complex, the more time she will need. Her ice is near impossible to melt and, as a result, can actually be fashioned into other objects for use. The more demonic powers she uses, the lower her body temperature goes and she can even actually end up killing herself (death by freezing) if she isn't careful.

Choi Minho : Observed and Dichotomy : 21
Aliases: Shakaku (Angel of Fire), Matchstick (insult by Yuki)
History: Childhood friends with his own Complementary Counterpart, he never expected life to be different. He had his partner were always together, two halves of one whole in a way that it didn't matter that he was a Dichotomy and since both of them had similar personalities - hot-headed but charismatic and active, always looking to smile - they got along. But they both also had a strong, a too strong, sense of justice that had them both throwing themselves at the government job without abandon. It had already been a month since both had achieved their dream. He never expected his Counterpart's death at the end of what was supposed to be a routine job. And only a month later, Sooyeon is assigning him a new partner. If he's slightly resentful about it, it's only between him and a quiet tombstone.
Power: Although fire is seen as the less controllable of the two elements, Minho has a pretty good grasp on it. Fireballs are basic. When he directs fire to a part of his body, he usually "lights it on fire" to help him control it better. Unlike ice which makes you numb, he can acutely feel every degree climb that invovles flames - too high leads to his death. His fires are harder to put out than usual fires, water actually only slowing it, and his "traps" are too flashy to usually work properly. Most of the time he acts as a distraction - very easy considering attention goes to fireballs flying your way - but every now and then, one succeeds much to his glee. 

Choi Seungyeon : Observed and Complementary : 18
Aliases: 
Faceclaim: Jun Jihyun (0)
History: As her power was raw and powerful, she quickly found a Counterpart when she could and she had only had him for a month before the inevitable divorce. After being separated from her sister and father, she went about life like usual. She was upset, of course, but she turned her life outside instead of in. She walked the streets and talked to people, developing a sharp sense for street smarts that has yet to be paralleled by others of her age group. After high school, she was planning on working at the local electric plant when a Berserker came in the form of her co-worker. She paralyzed him long enough for someone to take him away and she found a thrill in the job. She applied and although she doesn't know it, it's because she is Sooyeon's sister she got in, but only in part. Although she was easily talented enough, Lucy found her (and her relationship) greatly amusing and accepted her on the spot instead of waiting the customary processing time.
Power: Showing her irritation is easiest, little shocks. Computer, light, and any other short-circuiting is child's play. She's a technopath in easy terms but her power is so much more than that. She isn't an information reader and although she could speed up an online process, her biggest assets are her ability with thunder and lightning, to draw power from any surroundings because everywhere you go there's some form of electricity flowing in the streets. Paralytic shocks are easy as are cages but any other manipulation will take work.

Kim Jongin : Priestly and Complementary : 19
Aliases: Kai
History: He had always had a talent for his priestly powers and if adults poured on the praise, his peers tore it down in jealousy. As a result, he has always had mixed feelings about his abilities but getting a Counterpart early in life ended up being the greatest decision ever. Seungyeon acted as the sarcastic but blunt friend who offset any of his worries and had no problems telling his tormentors off, leading to his burgeoning confidence. He only has vague memories of the two-years-older sister of Seungyeon but he's not going to tell his Counterpart that she had been his first love, especially since she's the boss now and he has another avenue he'd rather pursue. 
Power: His specialty is power containment. It comes in the form of barrier-like objects and although he has little to no talent in actually trapping the descendant, his damage power containment skills are highly notable. He's called in on his own for solo missions at times and it's really no big deal. He's plenty competent and can adapt his power to any power except for the highest of the effects. 

Kang Huami : Priestly and Complementary : 25
Aliases: Tyrant (by Jooheon)
Faceclaim: Wang Feifei (0)
History: Born into a family known for their priestly abilities, it was no wonder that she excelled in her duty. But behind closed doors, high expectations gave way to high punishments and higher effort in order to meet what she was already supposed to be. Despite the fact that money was never a concern for her, figures of authority still make her itchy and her family is worse than some of the actual monsters she faces. Though she never faced monetary concern, adversity is not new to her and neither is corporal punishment; it is only a matter of who is the one to deliver and what reason they will have to justify their actions.
Power: From her upbringing, her specialty, despite the terrible taste it leaves in , is destroying Berserkers. it can come in the form of fire, water, lightning, whatever for she has been trained in all aspects and for all situations; in fact, the bigger the storm, the more likely she knows how to counteract it while the lighter drizzles actually leave her cluless. It has only been after finding solace in the office that she has branched out and found interest - not talent - in the art of subduing. Hard work is not a stranger and she is unafraid to greet it.

Lee Jooheon : Observed and Complementary : 24
Aliases: 
History: In contrast to his Counterpart, his family has always faced monetary struggle. As soon as his power was known, he was often using it to smuggle what almost past-expiration-date food he could for himself, a runaway from the orphanage and whatever foster homes they placed him in. Always in and out of trouble, he has rarely faced, unconditional loyalty and love. He ultimately was caught by the police and sentenced to jail. One day, a random govenrment worker came to him - which was customary since they often did scout in the cells - but he does not know that it was his straight-forwardness that gave Sooyeon reason to choose him. Sometimes, honesty, no matter how terrible, is always the best policy.
Power: In contrast with Lucy / Louis, Jooheon's power over shadow is very weak. He always needs light in order to use it, making him useless after sunset and before sunrise. He can manipulate his own shadow to do his bidding (and whatever is done to something / someone else's shadow occurs to the said thing / person) but anything more difficult is beyond his abilities. The limit of his own abilities by manipulating his shadow is whatever his physical capabilities are as well.

Park Miyoung : Manifested and Dichotomy : 10
Aliases: Slowpoke (Kyuhyun)
Faceclaim: Kim Yoojung (0)
History: Life was, it seemed, rather ordinary for Miyoung up until she was seven. She had just had her Counterpart for a month when her elder brother, at the dinner table for her birthday, turned into a Berserker. Her parents died before anyone could stop him and when someone did come, they killed him cruelly. They found her, covered in blood, and would have killed her too if not for the interference of Kyuhyun and Sooyeon who, upon finding the scene, personally oversaw the newcomers' trials (they were fired and blacklisted) and helped them settle in. It is why she is one of the few that Kyuhyun respects and Miyoung will actually respond to.
Power: Time flows slower around her. In other words, everything moves slower to her if she wills it. A bullet stills in the air. A blink of the eye is hours. It is a way to, Kyuhyun put it, "savor the moment" and as Sooyeon put it, "to make the most of today." It may be difficult (and to control), especially the range (she was working on it), but useful especially if procrastinating.

Cho Kyuhyun : Manifested and Dichotomy : 13
Aliases: Master Cho (self-proclaimed)
History: Youngest of a giant family he knew as the orphanage, he was never the top priority of anyone. Until suddenly, he was his Counterpart's priority, her favorite. But then the incident happened and, government workers or not, he may have accidentally on-purpose injured the workers. (It was totally justified, he believes.) Regardless, he has followed his Counterpart out of the orphanage and into the case of the government, he and Miyoung falling under the legal jurisdiction of Sooyeon who, upon seeing their power and status, has taken them in as...not her own but maybe a niece and nephew.
Power: Time runs quickly for him. Whereas Miyoung walks everywhere, Kyuhyun can run. Not literally just running. For Miyoung, people see her walk but can do nothing to stop it. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun is a blur and can do everything at hyperspeed with ease. Leading to more than a few pranks, it's more than common to see someone suggesting that Miyoung "control" her Counterpart though, Kyuhyun muses, Sooyeon has allowed it so far.

Long story short, Yuki and Minho always bicker. Jooheon shows his love through seeking any attention, Huami being his obvious favorite target. Miyoung stares at the chaos that Kyuhyun loves to create and Seungyeon is the newest stunt for fun while Jongin is simply coming along. Lucy/Louis loves creating trouble and amusement and literally just doesn't care at all and Sooyeon takes everything and creates order.

Last Touched: 29 October 2016

.

"ABC."

Heritage Enforcement Law & Leadership

Class: