Want your time (Angst)

Things Hoshi Does

so for fics on other members that aren't woozi i do them soley on request XD so this angst was requested over on my tumblr and yeah! if you guys want you can always request something and ill try and get it done (it might take a while cause ive been annoyingly busy lately XD)


“HOSH, WE CAN’T KEEP HAVING THIS ARGUMENT!” you scream as your boyfriend slams the bedroom door shut.

He aggressively pulls his hair back before yelling, “WE WOULDN’T BE ARGUING IF THIS DIDN’T KEEP HAPPENING!”

“HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU?!” you shout, staring him right in the eyes. “I’M SORRY IF I CAN’T MAKE IT TO EVERY DATE, BUT I’M GETTING BUSIER THESE DAYS! I’M TAKING MORE CLASSES! I HAVE TO STUDY ALL THE TIME! I HAVE MORE HOURS AT WORK! ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE PILING ON TOP OF ME AND YOU’RE NOT HELPING!”

Hoshi doesn’t even bother trying to collect himself. His face is fuming and your throat hurts from screaming. “I JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN’T TAKE AN HOUR OUT OF YOUR SCHEDULE TO BE WITH ME! WE HARDLY SEE EACH OTHER ANYMORE! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I’VE SEEN YOU ALL WEEK!”

You scoff and roll your eyes, turning away and walking to the far end of the room. Looking back at him, you try to keep your voice down. “How do you not understand?! For YEARS, you’ve been busy every single day!”

“But we got used to that!” Hoshi argues, leaning his head against the door. “We got used to the trainee days and all those long hours! It was routine! We worked around it and got to see each other. BUT NOW, it’s like my girlfriend disappeared!”

Burning with anger, you rush over to him and grab him by the shoulders. “I’M RIGHT HERE!”

He immediately shoves your arms down and walks off. “BUT YOU WON’T BE IN FIVE MINUTES! YOU’LL BE OFF TO WORK AGAIN OR BACK AT THE LIBRARY OR DOING SOMETHING ELSE WITHOUT ME!”

“What’re you trying to say?!” you shout to his back. “Are you SERIOUSLY accusing me of doing TOO MUCH?! ARE YOU HONESTLY TRYING TO TELL ME THAT I’M THE ONE WHO MAKES IT HARD FOR OUR RELATIONSHIP BECAUSE I HAVE TOO MUCH GOING ON?!”

Rubbing his face, he groans. “UGGHH! MAYBE THAT IS WHAT I’M SAYING!”

You feel your blood boil as you stare at him. Rage is eating at your insides and normally you would try to contain it, but today is different. Today is far too much to handle. Hoshi just looks at you with that expression of frustration and disappointment. And all you can do is scoff. “I cannot believe you,” you say, lowering your tone. “I cannot believe that after all the years of me supporting you and me being there for you and me rooting for you, you pull this . I wanted you to do what you loved and pursue your ing dream EVEN THOUGH it meant I didn’t get to see you as often.” As you’re talking, you watch Hoshi’s expression fall. Beyond upset, he keeps listening. “But now, now that I’m the one who has goals and aspirations, you constantly complain!”

“OH MY GOD!” Hoshi explodes before you can keep going, storming towards you. “IT’S NOT YOUR GOALS OR ASPIRATIONS! IT’S YOUR TIME! I JUST WANT YOUR TIME!” His eyes are filled with anger, but behind all of that you can see the desperation. “I WANT TO BE WITH YOU MORE AND I WANT TO SEE YOU! EVERY TIME YOU DITCH ME FOR SOMETHING ELSE, IT REALLY HURTS, OKAY?! IS IT TOO MUCH FOR ME TO ASK OF YOU? FOR YOU TO JUST BE WITH ME? IS THAT TOO MUCH? YEAH, I’M BUSY TOO, BUT WE’VE MADE IT THROUGH THAT AND WE’RE STILL MAKING IT THROUGH. BUT YOUR SCHEDULE IS JUST SO MUCH HARDER! WHY CAN’T YOU SEE THAT?!” As the words flow out of his mouth, you slowly lose all capability to understand him.

You give a deep sigh and look down at the ground, releasing everything you have. You’ve reached your limit for how many times you can handle this. “I can’t deal with this anymore.”

“WHAT?!” Hoshi screams. “(Y/N), ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!” He’s not shocked, for he doesn’t fully register what’s happening. He’s looking at you, almost annoyed waiting for a reply.

“Yeah,” you mutter, refusing to look at him. “I’m done with this. I can’t hear you say such horrible things.”

You turn for the door, but before you get too far, Hoshi grabs you by the wrist. “(Y/N)! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! NO! YOU CAN’T JUST WALK OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS!”

“I’m leaving,” you state, yanking your hand away as you feel the tears forming around your eyes. Quickly opening the door, you make your way out of the room and through the living area.

As you step out, you see Seungcheol, DK, and Woozi all straighten up in their seats. Clearly, they were listening in on your guys’ argument. “Bye guys,” you say as you head for the front door.

“By—!” Seungcheol starts to say.

But he’s interrupted by Hoshi sprinting after you. “(Y/N)! YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?!”

But you’re already gone. Slamming the door behind you, you feel a sharp feeling in your chest. You try to ignore it cause you’re just too angry to deal with any other emotion. With the way he’s treating you, you know you have to leave him. Everything else will just fall into place.

Hoshi just stands there in the middle of the living room, staring at the closed front door. “OH MY GOD!” he screams before running back into the bedroom and shutting the door with a bang.

 

“(Y/N), come on. Please say something to me.”

Reading Hoshi’s billionth text just makes your chest hurt. You lock your phone and shove it in your pocket as you go back to your assignment. Sitting in a coffee shop you don’t usually go to, you type up your history paper. You’ve been there for about an hour now and your phone just keeps vibrating. And in the midst of you working hard and ignoring your “ex”-boyfriend, a familiar voice interrupts you, “This seat taken?”

You glance up and weakly smile. “Go ahead.”

DK flashes you one of his famous smiles as he takes the seat in front of you. “So this is where you’re hiding out?”

“Yep, pretty much.”

He sighs softly and rests his hands on the table. He pauses for a bit to collect himself before getting down to what really matters. “He’s looking for you everywhere, ya know.”

“Seokmin—”

“(Y/N),” he interrupts. “I know what he did was awful and he shouldn’t have. But you guys should talk it out before you just run off.”

You take a second before looking back at him. Sighing, you reply, “I’m just so tired of having the same fight over and over again.”

“Look, if it’s any consolation, I think you’re right,” DK says, making you smile just a bit. “He’s being unreasonable and should be more supportive in all of this. But that doesn’t mean you should walk away so easily. What you guys have is special, and it’s not worth it to just let go like that.”

Before you can respond, you feel your phone vibrate again. And as you check it, DK glances over, seeing that it’s Hoshi. “He’s really worried about you.” He weakly grins before standing back up. “Please, please give him another chance.”

 

“Come on baby, please it’s been a week. Talk to me.”

Locking your phone, you look up at Mingyu as you step out of the library. “How do you all keep finding me?”

Mingyu chuckles and walks alongside you. He keeps his glance down as he talks, “Wonwoo needed some history books and was too lazy to come with me. The loser needs to study more but refuses to stay in a library, so I’m the one who has to fetch his stuff.”

You laugh and feel a slight pang in your chest. You have to admit, as upset as you are with Hoshi, you definitely miss the antics of the other members. “Is Hoshi helping him study like usual?”

Mingyu sighs and shakes his head. “Hoshi-hyung isn’t doing a lot of anything these days.”

“Oh come on, don’t give me that,” you groan.

“I’m serious!” Mingyu exclaims. He sighs again and drops his tone as he continues, “He’s been moping around the house, just sleeping and hardly eating. The past week has been terrible for him and I don’t know if he’s gonna get better…” he turns to you and raises an eyebrow, “unless you come talk to him.”

You roll your eyes and readjust the stack of books in your arms. “Look, we’re having a fight, okay? Couples fight, it’s normal. I just...need some space.”

Seeing you struggle, Mingyu takes the pile out of your hands and stops walking, forcing you to stop and face him. As he glances down at you, you can tell he’s serious. “Are you sure this is just a fight?”

“I—,” you start. But you’re uncertain where you’re going with it. You drop your shoulders and lightly shrug. “I don’t know. I mean, I walked out...but, it can’t mean we just BROKE UP, can it?”

Mingyu responds, “Well, Hoshi’s definitely treating it like a break up.”

You sigh and turn around to keep walking. “He just needs to figure things out.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Mingyu asks as he trails behind you.

“I mean,” you explan. “He needs to realize that I’m not gonna be around all the time, just waiting for him. He’s so used to the idea that he’s the only one who’s busy. And while he’s home just being sad, did you know he hasn’t even apologized to me yet?” You slow your pace to be beside Mingyu. “He can’t just get away with that.”

“But, (Y/N),” Mingyu says softly. He stops walking again and you spin back to face him.

“What?”

You can’t get away with this.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” you ask.

“You can’t just leave him hanging like this,” Mingyu tells you. “You keep saying that he’s been impatient and that he could never understand the fact you have things going on. But he’s WAITING for you right now, just being home and being sad. You can’t get away with that for too long if you really believe this is ‘just a fight’ that couples have.”

You take a moment to just stare at Mingyu, almost annoyed with how valid his point is. You squint at him suspiciously. “Did Seungcheol tell you to say that?”

Laughing a bit, he continues walking, “Joshua.”

 

“PLEASE! BABY!”

You ignore the text once again and go back to mopping the floor. It’s already 11pm, but your boss had an emergency and asked you to close up shop. Usually, you’re never alone if you work this late, so you’re a bit uneasy. “Just hurry and get this done,” you think to yourself. The restaurant wasn’t too packed today, so thankfully there’s not too much to clean up. As you make your way between the tables and chairs, your mind starts to think about the only thing that’s been racing through your head for the past few days: Hoshi.

You sigh at just the thought of him. Interestingly enough, since the fight, you haven’t fully cried. Sure, a few tears were shed, but it hasn’t truly hit you yet that you two are no longer together. Or at least, it seems like you two aren’t together anymore. Nothing’s clear. You’ve just been so busy with everything there hasn’t been a good chance to REALLY think things through. And now that you get that chance, you hate it.

All of those emotions that were hidden away are now surfacing. And then it all hits you, like a punch in the face:

Hoshi yelled at you.

Hoshi was upset with you.

Hoshi didn’t support you.

Hoshi didn’t understand what you were doing.

Hoshi didn’t realize how important all of that was to you.

Hoshi didn’t care that you were busy.

Hoshi just wanted you on HIS schedule.

Hoshi just wanted you to drop everything.

Hoshi just wanted you to be with him all the time.

Hoshi just wanted your time.

Hoshi…

...just wanted…

...your time…

Then it really hits you. Hoshi just wanted your time. Hoshi just wanted your time. And you feel your heart sink as you keep thinking that: Hoshi just wanted your time.

“Oh my god,” you mutter to yourself. But before you can think or feel anything else, there’s a loud banging on the front, glass door and you drop to the the ground, screaming. “AHHHH!” Clutching the sides of your head, you take cover under the tables as a reflex and crawl into a ball. But then, after the initial shock, you uncurl yourself and peek up to see what the hell just happened. “HOSHI?!” you scream at the top of your lungs as sweat pours down your face.

At the front door is Hoshi, his face pressed up against the glass and his hands banging along side his cheeks. For a second, you can’t even register what’s happening until you realize your heart is racing. You’re not sure if it’s from that jump scare or from seeing him for the first time in so long. So, you just keep staring at him.

“(Y/N)!!!!” he desperately screams. “(Y/N)! PLEASE TALK TO ME!”

Slowly, you stand back up and make your way towards the door. You don’t say anything because you’re still not fully there. But Hoshi is. “Please, please (Y/N)!” he begs. As you get closer, you can see the tear stains on his face illuminated by the streetlights. His hair’s a mess and he’s wearing wrinkled up sweatpants. And, by the looks of it, they’re the same pants you saw him in last time, over two weeks ago.

For a second, you just stand there in front of him on the other side of the glass. And you have no idea what comes over you, but you crack a tiny smile. Staring at the ground, you shake your head and whisper, “Oh my god…”

At the sound of your voice, Hoshi gives a sigh of relief. His eyes drop as he chuckles, waiting for you to let him in. “Baby…”

“You’re such an idiot,” you interrupt.

Thrown aback, Hoshi’s head shoots back up and you can see the worry in his eyes. But that slowly disappears once he sees you’re smiling.

“You’re such an idiot,” you repeat affectionately, softly grinning.

And before he can say anything else, you unlock the storefront door and let him in. Immediately, he throws his arms around you and wraps you in the warmest hug possible. As you squeeze his waist and hug him back, you can feel him shaking. At first you think it’s from the cold, but then you hear him whimpering. “Baby!” you exclaim.

But Hoshi just grips you tighter, crying into your hair. “I’m so sorry!” he screams through his tears. You want to say something. You want to tell him it’s fine and you’re sorry too, but he just keeps going. “I am SO SO SORRY! (Y/N), you had every right to walk out like that! I was horrible! Oh my god, baby, I’m just so sorry I can’t say it enough!” And he keeps crying.

As you start to feel your own tears well up, you smile into your boyfriend’s chest. This is how you know you love him and you two never really broke up. Because you could never leave someone who actually goes looking for you. You could never leave someone who honestly apologizes for his faults. You could never leave someone who makes you so easily forget how angry you were. “Soonyoung,” you finally say into Hoshi’s smelly t-shirt. “It’s okay. I’m so sorry for leaving you like that. I shouldn’t have just left everything the way it was…”

“No!” Hoshi interjects, pushing you out of his hug and holding you by the shoulders. His pink eyes stare into yours as he sniffles and grins. “You were not in the wrong, darling. I was. I really, really was. I was being so selfish and so unreasonable.” He shakes his head and creases his eyebrows. You can see the look of distraught across his face as he says, “I yelled at you. I was upset with you. I didn’t support you. I didn’t understand what you were doing. I didn’t realize how important all of that was to you.” Sighing, he pauses before continuing, “I didn’t care that you were busy. I just wanted you on MY schedule. I just wanted you to drop everything. I just wanted you to be with me all the time. I just…”

As you see him struggle to go on, you smile and grip his chin, repositioning his gaze to see you. “...you just wanted my time.”

Hoshi blinks and lets some water stream down his cheeks. He wipes it off as he forces a chuckle. “While you were gone baby, I realized that what was worse than only getting to see you a little…” He glances upwards and smiles at you. “...was not seeing you at all.”

Your heart gushes as your boyfriend keeps going. “I’m so sorry. Baby, I promise you, from now on I’m gonna be nothing but supportive. You deserve that much. You’ve been there through everything for me and I have no idea why I just couldn’t do the same.” He takes your hands and interlocks his fingers. “But I’m gonna be here for you, (Y/N). And I won’t ever make you leave like that again.”

You take a second to just feel your body warm up as you look fondly at this idiot in front of you. And as you recount every great feeling he’s ever provided, the only thing you can do is chuckle and say, “I love you, Hosh.”

With a satisfied, toothy grin, he reaches for your face and pulls you into a strong kiss. His lips firmly press against yours as you have to inch onto your tippy toes to return the gesture. His hands wrap around your back as you fall into him, letting every ounce of your body melt at his touch. He presses his forehead to yours and releases just a little to reply, “I love you, too.”

After another moment in each other’s embrace, he lets go to beam at you. But before he can say anything, you pinch his cheek and say, “You’re a real idiot, you know that?”

He chuckles and winks at you. “A cute idiot, right?”

“No,” you tease. “Just an idiot.”

“Hey! You’re the one who ducked under a table when I tried to get your attention!”

“Excuse me!” you laugh, heading back over to your mopping station. “I was doing my job when you just barged over here! Who goes roaming the streets at 11 anyway?”

Hoshi smiles and throws his arm around you as you try to pick up where you left off. “I do when I want to make sure my girlfriend’s still at work.”

Rolling your eyes, you glance up at him. “Why’d you need to know if I was still at work?”

“So…,” he says, letting his voice trail off. With a dorky smile, he spins in front of you and finishes, “...we can go on that date we were supposed to.”

Confused, you scrunch your nose. “What date?”

“The date that started that whole argument in the first place.” He leans in a bit and raises an eyebrow. “The one you missed two weeks ago, remember?”

You scoff and respond, “Yeah, I remember.”

“Well,” he says, reaching into his pants pocket. He whips out a chocolate bar and excitedly cheers, “IT’S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!”

“WHAT?!” you laugh, leaning against the mop handle. “This is supposed to be a date?!”

“Why not?!” Hoshi chuckles. He slides into the booth you’re standing next to and puts the candy bar on the table. “We have the whole place to ourselves and we can skip right to dessert!”

Glancing around you, you can’t wipe the smile off your face. “Hosh, are you serious right now?”

“Unless you’re busy with work, baby,” he gently nods. “Then yes, I’m serious. I haven’t been on a date with you in way too long and any time of yours I have, I’ll gladly take.”

Completely smitten and actually pretty impressed with this impromptu date, you slide into the booth seat across from him. Smiling like crazy, you shake your head as you break into the candy bar. “You’re an idiot.”

Smiling right back at you, he tosses a huge piece in his mouth and says, with his mouth full, “I’m only an idiot for the right person.”