New Friend

Awakening of the Heart

"I'm interested in you. Friends?" Junhyung-sshi offered his hand for a hand shake. I stared at his hand for a while before accepting the hand shake.

"Good." He smirked then grabbed my hand. "Let's go on a get-to-know-you date."

"Wait!" I pulled my hand from his grip. He looked shocked. "I-I'll just change my clothes." I said and he nodded.

I went to my room and changed into something comfortable yet a little stylish (http://www.yukisale.com/bmz_cache/9/9e6bbce291c47410103818f0fafc8001.image.485x720.jpg) and wore a hat.

"I'm ready." I said as soon as I went out of my room. Then I saw Junhyung-sshi looking at my picture with Doojoon.

"Is he the one?" He asked while placing it carefully back on top of the piano. I nodded. I thought he'll ask follow-up questions but he didn't. Instead, he went to the door and opened it.

"Let's go?" He asked and I walked with him outside. We walked to my neighborhood down to the bus stop.

"Where are we going?" I asked as soon as the bus arrived.

"You'll see." He answered with a smirk. We sat at the back end of the bus, me seated beside the window.

"Hyeju-ah." I was startled when he called my name casually. "Since we're friends now, I can call you casually right? I want to get rid of the awkwardness." He said. I was hesitant for a second before nodding.

"How old are you?" He asked.

"24." I simply answered and with that he continued asking me questions about myself but the whole time he was asking questions, he never asked about Doojoon which I like. "He's respecting my privacy." I thought.

An hour have passed and he finally said that we have arrived at our destination. We alighted the bus. I looked around and saw the vast sunflower field around me. (http://www.free-wallpapers-free.com/wallpapers/preview/su/sunflower-field-1.jpg)

"Wow." I admired the scenery, feeling the cool breeze on my face.

"Let's go." Junhyung lead me down the hill. The flowers swaying as the wind blows.

I'm enjoying the scenery when I heard Junhyung singing the song which I'm longing to hear from Doojoon again (the one he sang when he proposed to me). I stared at him, I wanted to stop him but words wouldn't come out from my lips.

"He sang that to you right?" He asked me but I still couldn't respond.

"It's a very beautiful song. I'm sorry if I didn't gave justice to it." He chuckled a little. "I'm not really good in singing." He added.

I shook my head. "Your singing is good." I said. It's the truth. He sang it well but I still feel that there's something lacking in it.

"I wouldn't ask you to forget him but at least try to smile." He said without looking at me.

"I smile." I answered.

"Not with your eyes though." He said which seemed like a hiss. "How could this person see through me?"

"I'm sorry." I managed to say.

"You know, moving on doesn't mean you have to forget. It means you have to continue you life. For the both of you."

Hearing those words from a person whom I just met made my heart ache and I couldn't help myself from crying. I once again collapsed in front of my new friend.

Yong Junhyung.

 

~*~*~*~

Double update for today! Sorry for not updating.. Been busy.. :|

Please continue to leave comments 'coz it makes me energized and inspired to read your comments.. Also, please subscribe.. ^^

Thank you! :D