Just My Luck

Awakening of the Heart

 

(continuation from 5 Years Ago...)

“Ugh...” I stretched my arms as I stood up to leave the classroom. My first class was cancelled and my next class will start in the afternoon. “I think I’ll sleep in the library for the time being.” I grabbed my bag and walked towards the library building.

I stayed up late last night because of the song I am composing for Hyeju. I’m planning to use that as a confession. Yes. I love my childhood friend, Ryu Hyeju. “I’ll continue my song for her later but for now, I need to sleep.” I yawned as I enter the library. I went to the music area and decided to take the seat at the corner when I saw a familiar figure.

“Doojoon hyung.” I called. But he didn’t hear me since I’m still 3 racks away from him. He was standing, his back facing me. I walked towards him, making sure not to make a sound. When I’m just one rack away from him, I noticed that he was talking with someone.

“Hyeju...” When I heard the name, I don’t know what happened to me but I hid between the two racks near them.

“Hm?” she answered.

“I...” Hyung started. “He’s stuttering?”

“Will you get mad if I say that...” he continued.

“that?”

“...that... I... I love you.”

“Lee Kikwang. What are you doing? Eavesdropping is not a good manner.”

I leaned my head to the rack, waiting for Hyeju to speak. Somehow, I wanted to hear her answer.

“I...” she started. “Thank you.”

“Huh?” I chuckled softly. “Oh, bet hyung’s face is epic. Hyeju’s making him wait.” But then my smile disappeared when I heard her next words.

“I said. Thank you for confessing to me. I... I... I love you too.”

“Now, I regret eavesdropping.” My heart sank. My feet are frozen so I just stood there while Doojoon hyung and Hyeju continued their conversation. When I started to feel my feet again, I decided to walk away and leave the library but I guess my luck just left me.

I saw them walk to where I am ‘hiding’. Hyeju seemed to return a book which I assumed she was reading earlier.

“Kikwang?” Hyeju said.

“Oh.” I spoke. “Hyeju. Doojoon hyung.” I looked at both of them then my eyes went to their hands. They’re holding hands.

“I thought you have classes.” Doojoon hyung said.

“Cancelled.” I simply answered and his mouth formed and ‘o’ shape and nodded.

“So, you’re together now.” I said casually.

I saw Hyeju blushed and looked away. While Doojoon hyung awkwardly chuckled.

“Ah. Yes. A while ago.” He said.

“Great.” I forced a smile. “Congratulations.”

Doojoon hyung rubbed the back of his neck, “Thanks.”

“You’re lucky hyung.”

 

~*~*~*

A/N: Please don't be a silent reader.. I want to know what you think so I can improve my story.. Thank you.. :D and please subscribe! XD