That One Kiss

Awakening of the Heart

 

A week has passed after that New Year incident with Hyeju and Junhyung. Now I’m on my way to Hyeju’s house to visit her. There are lots of questions I wanted to ask her.

How did she cope with hyung’s death? Who is that Junhyung guy from before? Did she chose Junhyung to move on with? I mean, it’s been a year since Doojoon hyung left us. So I guess she’s ready to move on. And that’s the reason why I came back here in Korea.”

Those things are lingering with in my mind. Then I arrived at her, their house.  I stared at the house for a while, reminiscing the days when Doojoon hyung is still alive.

“Aish. Hyung~ I miss you and I respect you but I still feel like I’m betraying you by loving Hyeju.” I said scratching my head in irritation. I want Hyeju to be happy again. And I want her to be happy with me.

“Hyung, I promise to take care and love Hyeju as you did to her before.” I inhaled deeply before I hit the doorbell.

“Hyeju-ah~” I said in a singsong voice through the electronic doorbell.

“Yah! Kikwangie! Noona! NOONA! Aish!” she said over the other line. I chuckled because of her cuteness. She really wants me to call her noona. I grinned at her when she opened the door and let me in to her house.

The whole house feels like Doojoon hyung. It feels like he’s still alive and is currently living in this house. There are pictures of the two of them in the sala, a soccer ball placed on one corner of the house, and a shelf of hip-hop CDs near the television.

“Seriously, noona. What’s with your house? Are you sure that you’re fine?” I asked her, eyeing the things that shouts ‘Doojoon’ inside the house.

She merely tilted her head towards me, not quite understanding what I meant. “These, that...” I pointed at the CD shelf and soccer ball respectively. “And this.” I grabbed the picture frame on the top of the piano. “How can you move on with these things around you??” I scolded her. Yes, she needed to be scolded. It’s been a year and she’s still holding on to Doojoon hyung’s things.

“Yah!” She grabbed the frame from me. “What’s wrong with holding on to him and his memories, huh? I... I’ll move on. I’ll move on without forgetting him and the feelings we have for each other.” She’s crying in front of me; hugging the picture frame in her chest.

“I... I’m sorry Hyeju. I... I didn’t mean to sound like I want you to forget hyung. I... I just...” I feel guilty for making her cry.

“Kikwang! You’re such an idiot!” I mentally screamed to myself. I slowly moved closer to her and without thinking, I kissed her.

I kissed the girl whom I have loved for so long. I finally felt her soft lips on me. I kissed her passionately; all the feelings I’m feeling for her until this day came rushing. But then, she pushed me away. I saw her glaring eyes for the first time.

“Out.” She said.

“Hyeju-ah~” I pleaded.

“I said. OUT!!!!” She screamed pointing at the door.

I slowly walked towards the door and turned the knob. But before I left, I looked at her one more time; her back facing me. “I’m sorry, Hyeju noona.” I said softly and left her house.

I... Lee Kikwang, made a really big mistake. Hyung, I’m sorry.

 

~*~*~*~*~

Short update again. I'm sorry... I promise to update a longer chapter next time.. :|