Why?

Unspoken Love

Your’ POV

 

I was awake by my phone ringing but I don’t remember setting any alarm since I would normally wake up at 3 and would never sleep after that. But today is pretty weird, did I have a good sleep last night? I groaned as I reached my phone that were sitting innocently at my lamp’s desk. I saw Jongin’s name popped on my lock screen indicate that he’s calling me but why?

Why so early in the morning?

I slide my screen to the right before placing it on my ears. I heard a second my silent before he speaks up. “Haejin?” Jongin said in his husky morning voice.  I hummed in response because I am not the type that would talk a lot, especially in the morning.

“Are you sleeping?”

 

“Nope, I talked to you in my sleep why?” I said sarcastically and he chuckled at the other line. “I’m sorry if I wake you up this early…” I travelled my gaze to my clock that was hanging on the ceiling. I remember I got those for Christmas last year. The clock shows 2 AM and disappointment rush over my body. I thought I’ll have a good sleep for once but that won’t happen. No wonder I’m not awake because it’s not 3 AM yet.

 

“It’s okay Jongin, I’m used to it…why are you calling me by the way?” I ask, trying to sound polite as possible because despite to my question, it can be rude if you did not speak it in the right tone.

If you know what I mean...

“I just can’t sleep…” He said quietly and I can detect the sadness in his voice. Wow I’m not expecting Jongin the famous Barbie doll at school can’t sleep at night but I’m not gonna make a joke about it since it’s not funny.

 

“Really? Why? You can tell me if it’s suffocating you, you know I’m always here.”

 

Kai’s POV

 

“Really? Why? You can tell me if it’s suffocating you, you know I’m always here.” She said and this is the most comforting words I ever heard. I don’t usually tell my friend—exo—about my problems because they would either shrugged it off or just tried to go along with it. But it’s not like I’m offend by their action…

“You said you used to waking up earlier, why?” I asked because it’s really hard for me to opens up especially if I think I’m the only one with this kind of weird habits. There was a long silent before she sighed.

“Ever since I lost my dad, I kept on waking up earlier especially 3 in the morning. I don’t know what happened because ever since that time, I won’t be able to sleep yet I’m not feeling tired at all for the entire day…” She laughed then sniffed. Is she crying? Gosh I feel bad now. She then continued…

“And I’m still hoping that one day I would change this habits because it scares me…” She stopped for a while then continues again. I frowned while fiddling with the end of my black fluffy blanket. “…it scares me because I’m alone and have no one to talk to so whenever I wake up I would live in my thought and…” She laughed again. “Gosh I feel like I’m seeking for sympathy but…”

“You’re not seeking for sympathy Haejin, you can tell me everything. I know how hard it is to keep everything by your own…” I cut her and there was a silent, again. “So you tell me you can’t sleep tonight, why?” She asks me and this time I have the braveness to talk about this because she did the same too. I know how hard it is to tell someone about something that bothers you and you’ve been keeping it for so long.

“The loss of my mum kept on haunting me…” I stopped as I remember how I was crying before after knowing that my dad told me that mum passed away like that. “I don’t know why it keeps on haunting me… maybe because before she died, I ignore her advice on not going to the football game at school…” The lump in my throat grew bigger so it makes me hard to talk but I don’t want to cry, especially infront of a girl.

“And when I went back home that night, dad told me that mum…” I stopped. This is so hard and very embarrassing to talk when I’m about to cry. She must’ve thought I’m a weak guy. “You’re very strong Jongin, what’s lost can’t be back so you should stop worrying, I’m pretty sure your mum will forgive you…” I smiled. Crazy how her words can change how I feel.

“Thank you Haejin, I thought you’re going to be like those typical girls saying something like ‘oh Jongin is very weak’ and ‘ew Jongin you’re like a girl.” I mimicked the typical girl’s voice and she laugh on the other line. I can’t help but to laugh as well.

“Well, I’m not that type of girl.”

“Yes, you’re not.”

 

Your’ POV

I feel very light because a huge burden that I’ve been carrying on my shoulder finally gone. Well not most of them but at least I feel a little better. 2 hours ago, I talked to Jongin thru my phone and we tell each other lots of things that we didn’t know about each other. So now here I am, getting ready to go to the definition of hell; school. I glanced over the mirror one last time before going downstairs.

 I saw my mum cooking some breakfast at the kitchen and I have the mood on being good to her since I have a good dawn last night. I went to the kitchen but what I see is not what I expected. I saw a random guy in his 40 sitting at the stool with his head resting on top of the table. My smile fades away as I was about to backed but mum turn around and gave me her most innocent smile as if what she did now if right. No this is very wrong. And it saddens me how oblivious she was right now.

She went towards me and gave me a hug. I have the urge to push her away but I kept it inside, as much as it would be really disgusting for her to hug me after making out with this random guy, I’m still logging for her loves, her warmth. “Good morning Haejin, you’re ready to school?” I gave her a small nod and a faint smile. I’m too tired of this .

“I won’t be back home until tomorrow…” She whispered before ruffling my hair. “I’ll see later okay? Be good…”

I tied the very last shoelace I had before standing up. I went to my phone and received lots of text from kai and I wonder why he did that. I called him back and he answered immediately.

“Oh Jongin, why?” I asked as I tried to search for the paper work that I needed to pass up to the teacher later on. I am struggling with my things so I have my phone pressed between my shoulder and ears.

“Are you going to school now?” He asked in an un-sure tone and I finally get a hold of my things that I needed. I grabbed my phone back so I can hold it normally before heaving a sighs. “Duh, nope I’m still sleeping at my bed with my school’s uniform on.” He laughed and I rolled my eyes. I am so not in the mood right now especially what just happened before. “Chill, I’m planning on fetching you so are you still at your house or on your way to school?”

 

Kai’s POV

“Good morning pretty…” I greeted as she went into my car. I had her waiting for me at the bus stop so I can fetch her to school easily. “Yeah, good morning too ugly…” She muttered under her breath as she fixed the seat belt. She shows no emotion again, did something happen?

“You seems like you have an amazing morning, what happen?” I said sarcastically as I made the U-turn to Myeongdong’s building. Our school located 3 km from that building.

“Nothing happened…” She said quietly while playing with her finger. “No seriously, if you are mad at me or something you should tell me…” I saw her looking at me from the corner of my eyes and I knew she had something to say so I pretend to not look at her.

“It’s not you that I’m mad at.” I stopped the car and turn to look at her. “Then? Who is it? That makes your morning look very fantastic?”

She smiled while looking down. But there’s something wrong, she didn’t put her head up back. Then the moment I heard she sniffed is the moment I knew this girl is crying. “Haejin, what’s wrong? Did I say something that makes you feel offend?”

“No, it’s my mum.” She sighed.

“What happened?”

“Nothing Jongin, I don’t think this is the right time for you to know…” She laughed then hit my shoulder playfully. “Hurry up we’re gonna be late…” I started the engine and then she speaks up.

“Oh yeah, can you stop here because I don’t want anyone from the school know about us.” I nodded. What else can I do? As much as I want to tell everyone that Haejin is my friend, I can’t because I promised Haejin that this thing will be the very last thing for people to know about us.

 

Your’ POV

I walked to my class with my head hanging low at its lowest.  I can feel the girls still sending me their dirty looks and I wonder what happened. Aren’t two days should make them feel okay? I was about to get into my class when a hand grabbed my arm harshly making me stumble backwards. I lifted my head up and saw a blonde haired girl looking at me madly. This is not Hana so I thought maybe Hana get her lesson but this is a new girl again. She’s our junior I believe because I haven’t seen her in our class’ row.

“Told your mum to stay away from my dad!” She shouts and I couldn’t be more embarrassed. The entire student’s attentions were all on us. I looked around and saw all of them looking at me disgustingly while whispering to each other. Some of them even look at me from head to toe.

“My mum got a call last night saying that my dad stays at your house with your mum. And this morning, he saw you went out of your house while my dad’s car was still parked outside of it!” I looked down at my shoes. I can’t believe I’m actually lost to a junior like her. I should’ve talk back but nothing came out from my mouth. It is very useless for me to defend my mum.

I stay silent until she slapped me hard on the face. I could only bear with the pains. If this makes her feel good then go ahead and do so. Although I’m not the one who slept with her dad but I feel really guilty knowing that her mum knows about this case. I don’t where to hide my face.

I closed my eyes tightly as I saw her hand was about to slap me on the face but then I felt nothing.

No voice

No murmurs

No whispering

I slowly opened my eyes only to see Jongin holding her wrist to prevent that girl from slapping me. Although that action makes me feel relived but why is Jongin involved in this? Aren’t our friendship should be private?

“K-Kai…” The girl muttered before Jongin threw her hands away harshly. “What her mum does to your dad is not her problems, she’s not the one that sleep with your dad. Why don’t you ask your dad why in the first place he can talk to her mum.”

I expect Jongin to pull away from the crowds or something but he just left me there standing like a complete statue. I look around and saw the girls walk away with their heads hanging low as well. My gaze then shifted towards Jongin’s back.

 

Why did he do that…

 

I'm finally back with a new chapter so sorry if I haven't updated for years aha kidding. It's like months? I'm actually really busy with my school and this is not a typical excuse it is true i swear to god. If you're malaysian then you would know when you turn 15 you have to sit on a test called PT3 which is very I'm glad it gonna end tmrw so I can continue updating this story. Plussss, I'm not gonna leave this story hanging ok luv xo