Pt. 2

The Anime FanBoy (Joshua x You Two-Shot)

The last class bell finally rang and you couldn't have been more relieved. School has been tiring you out that you couldn't wait to go home.

Until, someone called your name when you were about to exit the building. You turned your head back to see a smiling Joshua coming your way. You felt your cheeks flush when your eyes focused on his gleaming face.

School must have been in your mind all day that you almost forgot about the hang-out. He quickly caught up and started walking right next to you. You both were silent for a few seconds when walking out of the school gates.

He broke the nerve-wrecking atmosphere briefly. 

"Yeah, so my friends went ahead of me. We'll just meet them there." He scratched the back of his head nervously as he spoke.

You could feel his gaze fixed on you even though you were looking straight ahead on the sidewalk.

"Oh yeah, that's fine." You replied as you rubbed your shoulder restlessly.

You just met this boy today and here he is right next to you. You can't help but feel like your heart is exploding.

On the way, the walk was a bit awkward at first but Joshua and you eventually started to get comfortable again.

He asked how your day was, how you were feeling and other small talk. You casually replied, breaking into some side conversations and a few laughs with him. When you both made eye contact as you chatted, you melted inside.

His charming glint in his eyes when he looks at you makes you go crazy. That gentle smile he always has and that refreshing scent of his cologne was unbearably irresistible. 

"What I can't be falling for him right? We just met..." You thought in your head.

Joshua noticed that your cheeks were red, but he didn't say anything. He thought that your rosy cheeks look cute. It made him kind of blush just thinking about it.

The walk seemed endless like it took forever until he lightly grabbed your wrist.

"Oh, it's this way." He pointed with is free hand as he dragged you to an ice cream shop in the corner of the street. You can feel your heart reacting.

"His skin is so soft..."

~

  He opened the door for you and you went in first, still with your wrist being held by his hand. The air-conditioning hit your face with a cool breeze. The shop was bright and colorful with delicious-looking ice cream flavors on the display.

"Woah." You looked around the captivating colors of the shop.

"I know right?" Joshua commented with a chuckle.

"Hey Joshua!"

You spot Joshua's twelve friends smooshed into a corner booth eating their ice creams.

"Sup." He waved his free hand at them. They smiled when they saw you. 

"Oh~ look it's _____." His friend, Seungkwan loudly cooed. The other guys giggled and gossiped after his remark.

"Bro, they're holding hands." Joshua's smiley friend, Seokmin whispered.

"Holding wrists dude!" The blonde one with the sweatband, Hoshi nudged him, causing all the boys to chuckle.

Joshua ignored them as he led you to the counter of ice cream.

"Gosh, they can be so embarrassing sorry." 

You examined his blushing face.

"Ah, it's okay." You looked away and your cheeks also filled with red.

You suddenly looked down and he still hasn't let go of your wrist. He noticed so he pulled it away and hid his hand quickly. He let out an awkward laugh.

"Haha, anyways, what's your favorite ice cream flavor?" He turned his attention to the ice cream on display. You can still feel that he was blushing like crazy. He looked insanely cute.

"I like cookies and cream." You pointed to the tub of the flavor with a grin.

"I like that too." He smiled at you. 

"We can share it together?" You suggested as you looked up at the menu. 

"Oh uh sure! We'll eat it in a sundae then?" Joshua's eyes beamed to the sundae display on the counter. Your eyes twinkled at his mention.

"Yeah, that'd be great! Then we can put sprinkles on it—" 

"Put Pepero in it—"

"And then put cherries on it! Oop." You both said in unison, covering your mouths after in excitement.

"So much things in common!" Your heart skipped a beat.

"Perfect." He let out a chuckle as he took out his wallet.

"Oh! I can pitch in too!" You offered quickly.

"Nah, it's okay. I'll treat you." He winked at you before he went rummaging in his wallet.

"Thanks." You flirtatiously played with the strands of your silky hair. 

He glanced up at you with a smirk and you pretended to roll your eyes.

"Get it hyung! Get it!" Wonwoo peered at you two from behind the booth where the rest of Joshua's friends were seated. His friends observed you two amusingly with smirks on their faces.

While Joshua was at the cashier paying, you felt the eyes of his friends watching your back that you turned to check if they were. They jumped in their seats and tried to act normal when you noticed them. It was definitely obvious. You breathed out a laugh.

"Let's wait at a table, yeah?" He spoke right next to you as he placed his arm around your waist lightly.

Rambunctious boyish voices filled the room. Joshua's friends were literally losing it. 

You felt your spine tingle through his sudden action. You cursed in your head from the exciting feelings Joshua is giving you.

"Sure." You replied as you tried to play it off cool.

"Guys sit here!" The guy named Seungcheol motioned his hand to you both to come over to their crowded booth.

"No thanks hyung. It's too crowded so we'll sit here." He called out to them as he guided you to a booth far from where you couldn't see them.

Joshua quickly sat down across from you. He sighed in relief with his hand palming his forehead.

You took the other seat across from him and observed him carefully with a slanted grin. 

“They must be pretty fun huh?”

“Oh extremely! Well, since we’re away from them—”

His eyes landed on a Jenga box at the side of his seat.

“Let’s play Jenga!” He held up the box at you and you beamingly nodded right away. 

For some reason, everything he does is kind of making you laugh. From hiding from his hilarious friends to finding a random game to play to pass time with you. He must be really thinking hard about trying to make sure you’re enjoying yourself with him. You smiled to the thought of that. 

Five minutes of Jenga was pretty wild playing with Joshua. 

When you were about to take out a daring piece from the bottom of the tower, he tried interrupting you by blocking it with his finger playfully.

“Hey!” You flicked his finger humorously. 

“Sorry, I don’t want to lose that bet.” He gazed up at you with crescent eyes .

Before you guys played, you both agreed on a bet that whoever falls down the tower first, gets to pay for food next time. 

“Psh, sure whatever I saw your wallet loaded with cash.” You scoffed as you took out the piece bravely. Thankfully, the tower didn’t collapse. 

“I need that money for manga!” He confessed as he tried to carefully slide out a block from the top. You giggled to his statement.

“So when will it be the next time you pay for me?” You raised your eyebrows.

“I dunno. Probably on our next date.” He casually replied as he was focused on the block, his tongue poking out in concentration.

“Date?” You widened your eyes at him.

He didn’t look at you but he smiled with his tongue poking out to your perky reaction.

“D-d-date?” You blushed madly that butterflies filled your stomach.  

He was standing from his seat to move the top block off. You glanced up at him and he made the most funniest face ever. His face was scrunched up and his lips were slanted to the side. You burst out laughing. 

Your sudden outburst distracted him that he ended up hitting the other blocks and the tower collapsed down.

“Noooo!” He exclaimed. You felt sorry, but it was too funny. 

“I guess you’re paying.” You flashed a smile at him as you slid all the pieces in the box and he stared at you with a pout. 

“Your cookies and cream sundae is here!” A waitress placed the mouth-watering sundae on the side of the table. You both thanked the waitress and immediately lifted up the spoons. 

“That looks so good!” He jammed a scoop into his mouth. 

“Woah slow down~” You as you had your mouth full of scrumptious ice cream. He couldn’t help but laugh at your cheeks puffed out like that. 

“Let me wipe that ice cream off your face.” His thumb gently wiped the corner of your lips. 

Embarrassed, you cover your mouth with your hand.

“Sorry.” Your cheeks flushed with pink. 

“It’s okay.” He kindly grinned at you.

“She’s so cute.” He thought as he ate his ice cream staring at you in wonder.

After some good talk and ice cream you enjoyed with him, he offered to walk you home. 

“Oh uh sure!” You grinned at his offer.

“Nice.” He smiled widely as he stood up from his seat. 

You stood up as well and he held your small hand in his as he led you out the shop. 

What is this boy doing to you? Your heart fluttered violently.  

“Damn hyung.” Mingyu caught a glimpse at you guys.

“What- what’s happening!” Minghao jumped eagerly. 

“What? Where are they going?” Jun widened his eyes as he spotted you guys leaving the shop.

“HE HELD HER HAND PROPERLY.” Woozi pointed out with wide eyes.

The energetic boys exploded in feels. 

On the way to your house, you both walked hand in hand next to each other as you comfortably talked. 

“So where would you want to go next time?” He brought up another topic.

“Hmm. Anywhere fun. Probably an amusement park.” You said as you looked up at him with sparkling eyes. 

“Do you know how much money I would spend if we were to go there?” Joshua exclaimed jokingly. 

“But I would like to take you there.” He fixed his eyes towards you with a soft expression. 

You were flattered by his words that you looked away.

“Thanks.” 

A couple minutes passed and you both ended up in front of your doorstep.

He let go of your hand and stood in front of you. His gaze admiring the features of your face. You blinked to his dreamy expression. 

“It was nice getting to know you ____. It was like I’ve known you for years after talking with you today.”

“Same here. You’re a really nice guy.” You folded your hands and swayed it in front of you a little. 

“It’s cool knowing a person like you. I want to know you more actually.” He scratched the back of his head nervously.

You smiled at him and he anxiously smiled back. 

“You’ll get to know me on our second date.” You winked back at him as you started unlocking your door with your key.

Joshua froze at your words. He let out a small laugh.

“I’ll look forward to it.” He leaned against your door and brought his face closer to yours. You could hear his breathing and could smell his cologne.  

Your whole body started to react like fireworks as he cupped your cheek with his right hand and then gave you a light peck on your other cheek.

“Oh-!” You turned away cutely in embarrassment. 

Joshua widened his eyes in shock, realizing his action.

“Oh! I’m sorry!” He hid his face in his hands.

You glanced up at him and he looked adorable like that.

“I just...it just came out.” He explained himself as he fidgeted his hands together while he looked away.

You looked at him and giggled to break the tension. 

“I’ll see you later Jisoo.” You tippy-toed up to his face and kissed his cheek back, repaying the favor. Both your cheeks were radiating with heat and forming shades of pink when you landed your lips to his smooth cheek.  

You rushed inside your house after your bold action and slammed the door softly. You sank back against your door with a happy smile as you closed your eyes to think about the time you spent with him today.

On the other side of the door, Joshua was frozen in his place again but then he was smiling contently. He clenched his fist in victory and shook his head to check if that was real. He sighed in relief as he glanced at your door.

“See you again ____.” He flashed a delighting smile towards your house before he walked off into the sun-setting street.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you guys think!