Pt. 1

The Anime FanBoy (Joshua x You Two-Shot)

“Yes! Lunch! Finally.”

You stepped out of the classroom while stretching your arms. The school hallways flooded with eager students wanting to get to the cafeteria as quickly as they can. Their tempting hunger filled you with the same feeling.

“Oh, that’s right I have to go to the library.”

Sacrificing your hunger for your knowledge led you to the library’s endless shelves. Even if you were there to study, you got distracted by the Japanese manga section. You were a big anime and manga fan that much.

“Huh, am I supposed to be doing something else—oh look Soul Eater.”

You thought in your mind as your hand led itself to the Soul Eater volume on the top of the shelf. Your height couldn’t reach it so you used your tippy toes for support. It still didn’t help at all. 

“Ugh, why do I have to be so short? I hope no one sees me like this—”

Your thoughts were interrupted when you spotted a hand reaching up to the same manga as you. That hand grabbed it easily off the shelf. You sank back on your heels, embarrassed with your head down.

“Um, it looked like you needed help. So, here.”

A gentle voice lingered near your ears. You turned your head to the left and saw a tall, grinning boy with dark brown hair, reaching his arm out to you with the Soul Eater volume in his hand. You looked up at his face with a small tint of red on your cheeks. Something about his grin was endearing to you that you couldn’t help but awkwardly grin back at him. He was pretty attractive and kind-looking too. You snapped out of your thoughts for a few seconds and grabbed the volume from him slowly.

Thanks a lot.”

“No problem. By the way, I love that manga so much.” His eyes twinkled at you as he smiled. 

“Oh my gosh, he likes Soul Eater too!” You thought in excitement.

“Really? I really like it too.” You replied nervously.

From then on a few minutes passed between you and the good-looking boy. You both chatted ardently about the series. A few laughs and comments filled the both of you.

“What’s your name? He asked you and you gladly said your name.

“That’s a nice name. Oh! My name’s Joshua or Jisoo. You can call me either one.” He took your hand and shook it.

His hand was so soft and lightweight in your hand. It sent tingles down your spine. It was also warm too.

Hey hyung! Are you coming?” One of the guys in the group coming towards Jisoo called out.

“Oh hey, let’s talk about this later. See ya!” He let go of your small hand and waved bye as he walked off with his buddies.

“What was…that?” You thought as you stood in the same place where he left you with the manga in your hand. 

You noticed that Jisoo was really staring down into your eyes when he shook your hand. Were you still blushing when he looked down at your face? Questions filled your head. You touched your cheeks and they were a little hot. Your heart raced to the thought of him noticing your rosy cheeks.

“How embarrassing!” You quickly checked out the manga and marched out of the library in embarrassment. Little did you know, you passed by Joshua’s group of friends in the hallway. 

“Hey, hyung isn’t that the girl you were talking to? Joshua’s petite, pink-haired friend, Woozi/Jihoon, nudged him in amusement.

Joshua’s eyes averted down the hallway and stared at the back of your head as you walked.

“Oh yeah, we saw you flirting heheh.” His long, luscious-haired friend, Jeonghan chuckled.

“What? Flirting?” Joshua scrunched his eyebrows.

“Yea. We all saw you there laughing and stuff. She looked really red when you talked to her too.” His other long-haired friend, Vernon/Hansol said smugly. Joshua let out a laugh awkwardly.

“We were talking about Soul Eater. Her name’s ______ and she was pretty cute too” He slipped out his words without thinking.

“Uhh.” Joshua hesitantly looked away.

“Ooo! Hyung thinks she’s cute!” His younger friend, Dino/Chan, jumped excitedly. 

Yooo. Since, we’re going to get ice cream after school, we should invite her.” Vernon beamed at his idea.

“Yes, perfect! So we can set you guys up!” Jeonghan’s eyes sparkled.

“Chill out guys. We just met.” Joshua’s heart raced as he folded his arms and directed his attention away from his friends.

“But, you’ll know her better if we invite her!” Woozi placed his hand on his shoulder as he persuaded him.

“Uh, I don’t know guys

“Too late!” Chan raced his friends to the cafeteria.

“Hey get back here!” Joshua went after him anxiously.

In the inside, Joshua really liked the idea of inviting you. He thinks it would be a really good way to get to know you more, other than fan-crazing over Soul Eater. He also thought you were a nice girl too.

You were at your usual table having lunch with your usual friends when an energetic kid slams his hand on the opposite side of your table, facing you.

“Hey _______!” He pronounced your name falsely.

Your friends gasped in shock and glared at the youngster.

“It’s pronounced ______” You corrected him as you stared at him weirdly.

“Jisoo hyung’s inviting you to come with us after school” Joshua suddenly appeared behind the boy and playfully covered his mouth. It may look playful, but he wants to teach Dino a lesson. He made eye contact with you and chuckled uncomfortably.

You widened your eyes as you gazed at Joshua’s flustered face. It was kind of cute. You were about to say something, but then your friend whispered to you.

“Joshua Hong. THE Joshua Hong wants to hang out with you?” She fangirled. 

What? THE Joshua Hong? Was there something more special you didn’t know about him or…

“Yeah, that’s right. We want you to hang out with us.” His friend, Vernon, who you knew from one of your classes, spoke.

“Oh, thanks for the offer but” You glanced at Joshua and blinked at his pleading face. It drove you crazy. Why does every expression he makes looks so cute?! You felt sudden butterflies in your stomach. The attention from your friends, Joshua’s friends, and Joshua himself gave you pressure. 

But, you know, who wouldn’t say yes? He was such a kind guy to you and he knows his anime as well as you do. What a bonus to his attractiveness.

“Oh, it’s okay I understand that you’re busy.” Joshua assumed with small disappointment in his voice.

“No, wait. I would like to come with you guys…” Joshua’s face lit up right away as soon as you said that.

“Great! More fun for the party!” Jeonghan commented as him and his bros walked away from Jisoo, leaving him talking in front of you and your friends. Noticing this, he apologized to you and your friends for interrupting your lunch.

“It’s okay really.” You grinned at him and he smiled back.

“Good. So, I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah, see you.” You waved to him as he walked to go off to his table of friends. You both kind of stared at each other when he walked off. Your friends cooed at you.

THE Joshua Hong, huh? You wonder what else is great about him. You couldn’t wait until after school now that you were more curious about the attractive, anime-loving brunette.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Gentleman Joshua!!!!! Ahhhh!! Isn't he cute?