Conflict

The Devil and the Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sat at the dining room with his father sitting at the other side of the hall. The long, whilte table is placed in between the father and the son, making their distance impossible to reach. The father was silently eating his dinner while reading a newspaper, and Baekhyun swallowed hard. The tense silence was making it hard for him to breathe and he couldn't even eat the delicious salmon steak in front of him. 

"Father..." Baekhyun began, but his father silenced him by raising a hand, and Baekhyun immediately became quiet. 

"Aren't even ashamed of yourself? Baekhyun, you're an embarrassment to Dae-Ha Group and as my son." Mr. Byun said sternly without even looking at his son.

"I... I'm sorry, father." Baekhyun apologized and bit his lower lips.

Mr. Byun clicked his tongue and glanced at his one and only son. There was an intense glare in his eyes as he gazed down at Baekhyun from his reading glasses.

"I can't believe that I have a son like you, Baekhyun." The father continued. "You're the next heir of Dae-Ha Group, so you should behave yourself. Rermember that you're a public figure and also the representation of my company." The father looked away from the boy. "Leave the room, I lost my appetite, tch."

Baekhyun clenched his fist, and stood up from the chair.

"I can't believe that woman gave a birth to a troublemaker like you. You and your mother are the same, causing trouble and ruining the reputation as the household of Dae-Ha Group. It's a relief that she left early."

Baekhyun can take any insult from his father, but not about his mother. Baekhyun was very close to his mother before she passed away few years ago, but when she died, his father didn't blink any tears.

"That woman you're insulting is your wife and my mother!" Baekhyun slammed his fist on the table. "It was your fault that she died. If you had shown just a little bit of your affection, then she would have been alive!"

"DO NOT!" Mr. Byun shouted and stood up from the chair, knocking the chair behind him. "What kind to table manner is this? Did your mother also taught you to disrespect your father when he's talking to you?"

"No, she didn't." Baekhyun smirked at his father. "It was you. I guess you can really say that it's a father like a son."

Mr. Byun went to Baekhyun and smacked him hard on the cheek. Baekhyun grabbed his cheek and the two of them glared at each other. There was a powerful hatred and disgust in Baekhyun's eyes as he glared at his father, but Mr. Byun didn't avoid him.

"LEAVE! GET OUT OF THIS HOUSE AND DON'T YOU STEP YOUR FOOT HERE AGAIN!" Mr. Byun shouted.

"I WAS ABOUT TO LEAVE ANYWAY! I JUST CAN'T STAY IN THIS HOUSE WITH YOU, IT'S MAKING ME HARD TO BREATHE HERE!"

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

Baekhyun ignored his father and stomped outside, slamming the door behind him. Baekhyun went to his room and grabbed the luggages. He carelessly threw his clothes and music player inside. He put on a sweater, grabbed his wallet and his phone. He put on a shoes before leaving the house, slamming the door once again. 

"!" Baekhyun exclaimed out loud.

He went through his sweater pocket, but cursed again once more when he left his car key in the house. He didn't want to go inside again and fight with his father, so he swiftly turned around and walked with the luggage behind him. Things became worse when the sky became dark and rain started to pour, and thunderstorm roared from the distance, flashing it's white light. 

" YOU!" Baekhyun cursed out loud as he shouted toward the sky. 

He pulled on a hood and started walking away. He didn't know where to go, but first, he just wanted to get out from the pouring rain.

~~~

Junmyeon was once again studying for the law exam in a cafe. After the incident with his book, he purchased new one. The previous book was ripped and tattered into different pieces that he couldn't even read them and the book lost it's shape. He went to bookstore in the morning, and came back to the same coffee shop, hopping to see Lay again, but he was nowhere in sight. It turns out that he had other business to take care of, so Junmyeon didn't see him. He let out a sigh and sipped on a hot chocolate, and continued reading.

However, as he was reading the book, it started raining, and he heard a thunderstorm from the distant. The loud rumbling noise of the thunder startled him and the light began to flash.

"That's strange... the news didn't say anything about the heavy rainstorm." Junmyeon tapped his pen on his lips, and unknowingly turned his head toward the window.

There in the rain was a young man walking down the street with a luggage behind him. He was completely soaked from head to toe and his hoodie came off. Some people on the street was whispering and pointing at the guy as they walked past him. He was literally in his sweater and sweatpants only, and glancing at the front with a blank expression. A man accidentally bumped into him, but the guy in a sweater didn't seemed to care. 

"What kind of idiot walks in the heavy rain without an umbrealla, tch." Junmyeon clicked his tongue and shook his head.

Junmyeon picked up the hot chocolate from the saucer, and at the same time, the soaked man tilted his head up as well. Junmyeon sputtered out the hot chocolate from his mouth and placed the cup back on the table when he saw the familar figure outside the coffee shop.

"BYUN BAEKHYUN?!" 

Junmyeon saw him, but Baekhyun didn't seemed to notice him. It was too dark outside anyway, so he had hard time looking at him. Baekhyun was staring at the coffee shop, holding the side of his stomach, and his lips. Baekhyun suddenly started walking across the street in the rain and Junmyeon's eyes widened. Baekhyun wasn't even looking at the street light, not aware at the fact that there are cars driving passed by him.

"That idiot!" Junmyeon stood up and pulled on his coat. "Is he trying to kill himself?"

Junmyeon rushed to the door and grabbed a random umbrella that was lying on the floor. He immediately pushed the door and started running toward Baekhyun. 

"BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Junmyeon shouted from the street, but Baekhyun didn't hear him. "BYUN BAEKHYUN!"

Junmyeon shouted again, but to his avail, it failed. There were already a lot of cars and his voice became mute due to the sound of the rain and things around him. Baekhyun, in the other hand, continued walking across the street as if he was lost into something. A car was speeding through the rain, but Ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter