The Meeting

The Devil and the Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the lazy weekend afternoon, Junmyeon went to meet up with his friends at a brunch restaruant. He was wearing a blue checkered button up shirt with a dark blue bomber, and a black ripped jeans with a black hat on top of his head. Once he went inside, the host greet him with a smile.

"How many people?" The host asked.

"I think there is a reservation." Junmyeon answered.

"Okay, your name sir?" The host took out a clipboard.

"Kim Jongdae." Junmyeon answered, and the host look at the names.

"Kim Jongdae for four people?" 

"Yes." Junmyeon nodded his head.

"Right this way."

"Thank you."

The host smiled as he led him inside the restaurant. It was a table close to the window, next to one of the VIP room. There seemed to be someone inside the room because Junmyeon could hear loud noises inside. Junmyeon dropped his backpack on the side and sat down. The host bowed to him and left and Junmyeon was once again by himself. He took off his bomber jacket and put it on top of his backpack.

Junmyeon glanced around the restaurant. There were a lot of people and the customers were chatting delightfully with one another. the design looked very foreign to him because there were a lot of western paintings on the wall, and the shop kept playing the old pop song that Junmyeon grew up listening to. There was a bar at the other side with stack of different drinks, the soft red eveloping the bar.

"I've never been here before." Junmyeon said, still awed with the surroundings.

He started taking out his laptop and a thick law book from his backpack. He decided to study some more before he was going to meet up with his friends. When Junmyeon was about to open his laptop, a person stopped in front of his table. Junmyeon glanced up only to be met with a young man with a soft expression, smiling at him, and wearing the same design shirt as him, and the same colored pants. 

"Eh?" Junmyeon pointed at the man's shirt.

The young man with a raven black hair seemed to notice it and smiled at him, revealing his beautiful dimple from the side of his cheek.

"You have quite a sense in fashion." The man spoke with a chuckle. "My name is Zhang Yixing, but call me Lay. I'm the new owner of this restaurant."

"I'm..." Junmyeon swallowed as he was debating if it was the right thing to introduce himself. "I'm Kim Junmyeon."

He did it anyway, but soon felt embarrased. He had no idea why he introduce his name to this stranger, but Lay didn't seemed to mind and smiled beautifully at him once more.

"Nice to meet you." Lay said and his eyes darted on the thick law book on the table. "Are you a lawyer?"

"Not yet." Junmyeon said. "I'm just preparing to be one soon."

"That's wonderful." Lay said. "I hope you become a lawyer and arrest all those criminals who harm the innocent citizens."

"Hahaha, lawyers don't arrest citiznes, they just sit in the court to defend them." Junmyeon explained.

"Either way, you're working for justice." Lay said. "So, keep up the good work."

"Okay, thank you, Yixing." Junmyeon said.

"Just Lay is fine." Lay smiled and took the menu. "Would you like order anything? Or will you wait for your party to arrive?"

"I'll wait for them, thank you." 

"You're welcome. I'll be back soon." Lay bowed to him and started walking away to other table.

He went to one of the table occupied with the girls, and Junmyeon saw that those girls were blushing madly at Lay's appearance. He was smiling diligently at the girls, as they kept him and asking questions to him that are very personal. Lay answered everything politely, but soon moved to another table. Junmyeon unknowingly met eyes with Lay as he moved to another table and the young CEO smiled warmly at him with that attractive dimple of his on the cheek.

When Junmyeon was about to go back to his work again, one of the VIP room burst opened and a girl came out from the room. She was covering her face and sobbing, and the front of her clothes were wet, and there were make-up running down from her face. The girl accidentally tripped over her high heels and fell on the ground. 

"Are y-" Junmyeon was about to help her, but another person came out from the room; it was a male.

The man was wearing an eyeliner, and he seemed maybe few years younger than Junmyeon. He was starting to wonder if this young male was an idol or a celebrity because he was wearing an expensive brand name clothing that Junmyeon could never imagine buying it for himself. He had a blond hair that was styled up and was wearing a sleeveless graphic top and a black vest with black and gray military pants and a black sneakers that goes all the way up to his ankle. There was a tattoo on the side of his neck and on his arms. The young male was glaring menancingly at the poor girl on the floor.

"Get out!" He hissed angrily.

The girl sobbed and crawled on her leg and grabbed on to the boy's leg.

"Baekhyun oppa, I'm sorry! I won't do it again, please forgive me!" The girl begged. "I'm begging you, please don't break up with me. I-I will do my best! I-Iswear!"

"Do your best?" Baekhyun snorted and knelt down on his leg."You know what I hate the most about s like you?" Baekhyun said dangerously and whispered to her ears with a smirk. "When they beg pitifully like you to get back with me. It's rather amusing, but it sickens me that I felt like throwing up."

The girl flinched at his statement. There were two other guys with him, laughing at the poor girl as well. Baekhyun gestured them to go inside, and the two boys closed the door behind him.

"Don't make me to repeat myself, Kim Hyunah." Baekhyun smirked and grabbed her cheek and the girl sobbed. "You should scurry away before I humiliate you in a worse way. I'm sure you don't want that to happen, do you?"

The girl nodded her head, and Baekhyun released her. The girl fell back when Baekhyun let her go because he used some force on it. The girl cried loud and ran out from the restaurant, leaving all the customers in confusion. 

"What a ty day." Baekhyun mumbled under his breathe and took out a cigarette from his pocket and bit it into his mouth. "God, I swear, if I see that again, I'm going to make sure to teach her not to mess around with Byun Baekhyun."

Baekhyun dust off his pants with a frown."That ruin my clothes. I'm going to throw this away when I go home. Gosh, this was ex-"

Baekhyun glanced up when he felt another presence, and Junmyeon was glaring at him. Baekhyun cursed under his breathe.

", another thing to ruin my day." Baekhyun groaned and glanced back at him. "What are you staring at? Never seen a person smoking before?"

Baekhyun searched through his pocket again, but soon cursed and glanced at Junmyeon again.

"Yah, do you have a lighter?" Baekhyun asked in an informal way.

Junmyeon pointed to himself and Baekhyun snorted.

"Who else is here beside you? Now give me that lighter if you have one." Baekhyun pointed his cigarette toward Junmyeon, but Junmyeon only looked quietly at him. "Hah, what is this ? Don't you know how to speak? Hello, yo?"

Baekhyun waved his hand in front of Junmyeon, one of his hand inside his pocket. 

"I- I don't have a lighter." Junmyeon said and Baekhyun sneered.

"So, you do speak then." Baekhyun said and put the cigarette away. "You should of say so then. Whatever, I'm just going to ask Chanyeol for a lighter."

Baekhyun turned around and waved his hand over to Junmyeon. He was about to go inside, but Junmyeon grabbed his wrist. Baekhyun groaned in annoyance and turned around.

"Hands off." Baekhyun said threateningly at him. 

"I- I think you should apologize t-to her." Junmyeon said. 

"Hah." Baekhyun smirked at him and leaned forward. "And what if I don't, huh?"

"Well, according to the nation's law, if you use a profanity language in the public, you'll be in fine of $1000, but that charges may go up highter based on the number of witnesses in the public, and it looks to me like there are about 21 witnesses here and when you time the $1000 by 21, it will be a total cost of $21,000. Also, you'll be charge of another $3000 for cursing by using the name of God in profanity, and when you times that by another 21, wait, I'm sorry, it's actually 22 because I forogt to include myself in the witness so your actually fine will be $22, 000, and if you add the second fine, it will be $22,000 plus another $66,000. So your total charge of the crime would be, oh will you look at at that $88,000, but if you add the tax price then it would be close to $90,000."

Junmyeon smiled proudly as he showed Baekhyun the calculator on the phone. Everyone in the restaurant become silent, and Baekhyun as well. Baekhyun was looking at him with his eyes widened, nearly bulging out. The people started to whisper among themselves, and Lay was watching amusingly from the side with a smile. 

"Hah, d-do you think I'll be afraid of your threats?" Baekhyun sneered. "Your math calculation doesn't scare me at all. It was a nice try, but too bad it didn't have much effect on me!" Baekhyun then opened the door. "Stupid ."

"That will be another fine of $1000." Junmyeon said with a smile, but Baekhyun slammed the door shut behind him.

Junmyeon let out a sigh of relief when Baekhyun disappeared into the room. Lay approached him from behind with a chuckle and placed his hand on the man's shoulder.

"Junmyeon-ssi, that was brilliant!" Lay said. "You frightened away that Byun Baekhyun. I was laughing to myself

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter