Detention

Baby, It's Fact

Pairing: You/Jeongmin

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You sighed, flipping your hair from your face as you walked to the detention room. This wasn't your first trip to the room and it probably wouldn't be your last. You weren't a delinquent or anything, but you had this problem called the internet and without fail, you'd find yourself awake past midnight and then falling asleep in class the next day. Consequently, you became a regular in afterschool detention sessions.

You pushed open the door to the room and expected it to be empty as it usually was. Most of the time, it was just you and the teacher but to your displeasure...there was another person in the room. Sitting in one of the center desks was the person you hated most, Lee Jeongmin.

Jeongmin looked from the board to you and his lips curved downward in distaste, obviously he was thinking the same thing as you.

You scowled and threw your backpack down onto a random desk in the front row, "Where's the teacher?" you mumbled to yourself.

"Not here."

You rolled your eyes and stood from the desk, "Then I'm out."

Jeongmin chuckled, "I don't think that would be very wise of you," he remarked cooly.

You snapped around to him and sighed, raising a brow, "Why?"

Wordlessly, Jeongmin pointed up to the camera that was in the top corner of the room, pointed directly at the desks. You gave a groan and fell back into your seat. Great, now you really were stuck alone with him. Lovely. Fan-freaking-tastic.

There wasn't really a specific reason for your dislike. Just ever since you first encountered him, you two had been at odds. He was exactly the type of person you hated, cocky and seemingly stuck up with a perpetual smirk on his perfect face. As for his dislike in you...it was probably the fact you didn't swoon over him like every other girl in your grade. Bur all of these details were meaningless, bottom line was you hated him and it was a mutual thing.

Jeongmin sighed loudly and leaned back into his chair, "I can't believe I'm stuck here with you."

You scoffed, sending him a glare as you hissed, "My thoughts exactly,"

Jeongmin returned your glare with one of his own but broke the eye contact moments later with a tsk, as if he was too cool to even look at you. At that gesture, you felt your eyebrow twitch and with a humph you turned back around in your seat and glared at the clock, waiting for your hour to pass. You were 5 minutes in, only 55 minutes to go. Oh God, you were going to die before this was up.

Jeongmin yawned and reached into his backpack, pulling out his ipod and putting in one earbud and leaving the other one dangling. Because of this free earbud you were able to hear his music once he turned the device on.

You blinked owlishly, your previous grimace disappearing from your face as a familiar tune filled the room about you. Turning around in your chair you couldn't help but ask, "Yah, who are you listening to?"

Jeongmin blinked, looking away from the screen of his ipod and meeting your gaze with a suspicious raised brow, "[Your Favorite Band]."

Your eyes widened in surprise, "No way, you're a fan of theirs?"

"If I wasn't would I be listening to them?" he deadpanned.

You rolled your eyes, waving away his comment with a dismissive flick of your wrist, "Yeah, yeah, whatever...so...anyway, what's your favorite song of theirs?"

"[Your Favorite Song]...." he replied in a cautious slow tone. Your sudden friendly attitude was a bit unnerving for him, this was probably the first time he's ever spoken to you without arguing.

You couldn't help the grin that spread across your face, "No way! That's my favorite too!"

Jeongmin let his lips quirk into a little half smile, "You going to their concert next month?"

"Of course!"

Before you knew it your hour was over and suprisingly, you found yourself not really wanting to leave. You had been really enjoying your conversation with Jeongmin. For once, you two were able to converse with him without breaking into an argument. And from this conversation you learned you had a lot more in common with him than you previously thought. You found that you actually had a lot of the same interests as him.

Jeongmin stood from his seat first, slinging his backpack over one shoulder and beginning to walk from the room. For a second you heart dropped, was he just going to walk away and forget about everything that just happened? After this were you going to go back to being enemies?

But Jeongmin paused in front of the desk you were sitting in and without looking at you, "You know...[Last Name]...you aren't as bad as I thought

You smirked, "You're not so bad yourself, Jeongmin."

Both of you were so focused on each other you didn't notice the door slide open and the Donghyun standing in the doorway.

He turned and gave you a casual smile, "Maybe we can go to next month's concert together?"

"May-"

"YAH! What the hell do you think you're doing, asking out my little sister!?"

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Not much Donghyun in this, sorry! But at least he made an appearance as the overprotective brother, right? Hehe~

Yeah, they become friends out of love for the same band, isn't that how we all find out closest friends~? >.<

Hope you liked it~! ^^

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I'm on break and so I was busy on tumblr and catching up on the anime I missed and eating and all that stuff, hehehe~

Anyway, comment and/or request~! :D