Chapter 5

Who should it be?

 

U-Kwon's POV

 

 

"Saengil Chukhahamnida! Saengil Chukhahamnida! Saranghaneun uri L. Saengil Chukhahamnida!"

 

I heard a group of people singing happy birthday inside the VIP.

 

"Eeyy. Infinite and B1A4 are also here. Why now, why today? I really hope no mess would happen today, right hyung?" Changjo said with a smug face. I just nodded at him and took a sip on my drink. "Hyung! Isn't that Kim Hani?" he said in an excited tone. As soon as heard her name I immediately looked towards where Infinite and B1A4 are seated.

 

Of course she’d be with them. She’s INFINITE’s leader, Kim Sungkyu’s, younger sister.

 

“Hyung!” L.Joe plumped beside me. “Have you seen that girl? Right there?” he pointed at a girl beside L. I just looked. “Do you think I could get her tonight?” he asked with a smirk. Just then, SMACK! Zico hit the younger’s head. “Yah! You think you could make a move on Kiji knowing she’s with INFINITE’s L?” he warned. “Well… oh come on! She’s just FREAKIN’ HOT tonight! THE MIGHTY L.JOE just can’t leave the day without getting hooked with her.” L.Joe complained and Zico just shrugged. “Hyung! Help me.” He pleaded towards Zico.
 

 

Zico’s POV

 

 

When I looked at INFINITE’s table, there she was. The only girl I’ve been dreaming about. The only girl I have eyes for. Well, I have a lot of girls clinging on me but she’s the only one that caught my heart.

 

“Have you seen that girl? Right there?” L.Joe pointed at Kiji. I went near ‘em to listen. “Do you think I could get her tonight?” he asked with a smirk. That’s it! I smacked the back of his head and warned him. “Yah! You think you could make a move on Kiji knowing she’s with INFINITE’s L?” Yes. She’s with him. It hurt but…I don’t know. I just have to get her. “Well… oh come on! She’s just FREAKIN’ HOT tonight! THE MIGHTY L.JOE just can’t leave the day without getting hooked with her.” L.Joe complained. I just shrugged. “Hyung! Help me.” He pleaded. Damn it! Why would I help you if I myself am trying to get her?! “Shireo. AND! You’re just gonna make a mess with them.” I walked away and sighed.

 

I couldn’t get over the fact that I almost got her but left.

 

*flashback

 

I was sitting in the bar when I saw some girl at the far end. She was alone and dazzling. I couldn’t help but stare at her. “Why don’t you go talk to that young lady over there.” the bartender told me. I asked if he knew her, he responded with a nod. “She’s a recent here. Especially during times like this when the club has less people.” he added. An “O” shape formed on my mouth.

 

I then stood up and sat beside her, without her noticing. “A young lady like shouldn’t be lonely in places like this.” I said as I grabbed a glass from the counter. She looked from the corner of her eyes, taking a sip of her drink, and spat, “And why would a guy like you be concerned? Shouldn’t you be with your girls?” I got surprised. This girl’s really something. I chuckled after that. “The name’s JIHO. Heard that you’re a recent here.” I introduced as I turned to face the dance floor and stage which had a crowd composed of at most 30 people. It wasn’t really noisy here in the club right now.

 

“Jiho…” she mumbled. “…not a bad name for a guy like you. Tell me, you’re an underground rapper, aren’t you?” she continued in a knowingly tone. “Seems like you heard. If you missed a detail that should be the part where they say that ‘I’m the best’” I said while she smiled. “I like you. Funny, affectionate.” she stated and I just smiled at her compliment. “Kiji.” she finally said.

 

I knew it when she smiled and said her name, I fell for her. We always see each other at the club or even outside during nights. We were still both at school but different ones’. I became a lot happier at that time. My friends would even think I’m crazy for smiling from ear to ear every day. But then one day, I saw her at a café shop. She was with someone. And I didn’t like it. At first I thought maybe it was just a friend of someone related to her. But then when I saw his face my blood boiled.

 

Later that night, we saw each other again at the club. She was smiling when she saw me but I had a poker face on which made her confused and curious.

 

“What’s with the face?” she lightly laughed but then stopped when she noticed I was angry. “What’s wrong? What happened?” she asked and was about to touch my face when I stopped her. She was startled. “How could you?” I questioned. “I can’t believe that you never told me.” I added. “Tell you what?” she snapped. I could tell she had no idea on what I was talking about. “HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME YOU’RE RELATED WITH L?!” I practically yelled at her. Her eyes widened. “You never asked! You never even told me about your friends!” she shouted back but not louder than exclaiming. She was right. I never told her who my friends were, where I came from and who I really am.

 

“I’m sorry…” I whispered then walked away. “YAH! WOO JIHO! HOW COULD YOU YELL AT ME AND JUST LEAVE ME CONFUSED? WHAT’S THE PROBLEM WITH BEING RELATED TO L?!” I stopped my tracks when she yelled. “You don’t have to know. Just don’t expect to see me again.” I retorted. “WHAT?!” she gasped. “You made me fall for you and you’d just leave? You’re no different from other guys.” she spat. I walked fast towards the exit. What she said hurt like hell.

 

From that day on, I transferred to another club knowing that if I went to the same one, all memories will come back. We stopped seeing or even contacting each other. But my feelings for her never stopped. I knew where she goes to school, so, every after class, I’d immediately go there and watch her from afar. There was a day when I saw her by the gates, waiting. After some time, a motorbike stopped in front of her and there was a huge smile on her face. I was anticipating of who the driver would be.

 

When he took off his helmet, my mouth hung open. I backed a little and look away from them. But then, “L Oppa!” I heard Kiji squeal. I turned around and saw them kissing. It was like I was stabbed infinite times to my heart. And after that, I stopped watching her, knowing that she’s with L, he’ll be more conscious and might get noticed. Why I hated L? That’s another story.

 

*end of flashback