Chapter 2

Who should it be?

 

 

 

No one’s POV

 

“Are you alright?” Sujin, one of Hyunah’s followers, asked. “That nerd is really something. I mean how could she do that to you? Embarrass you in front of Woohyun sunbaenim! Argh!” Yerim, still her follower, said in disbelief. Hyunah looked at the mirror only to see her angry self. Then she remembered the incident. “I’m gonna get that nerd. She’ll just have to wait and see what she has done wrong.” Hyunah murmured but still loud enough for her followers to hear. They all smirked at the thought.

 

 

Hani’s POV

 

After the incident, Jaehyun and I took a seat on an empty table while Gongchan went to buy food. “Yah! You were amazing!” Jaehyun said cheerfully and I just laughed at her. “I’m not the same as other NERDS you know.” I replied, emphasizing the word. She rolled her eyes then mumbled, “If you’d just tell them…” I cut her off by saying, “That’s not a good idea. You know why I hate revealing myself.” “But that QUEENKA is really putting you down.” she continued. “THAT queenka named Hyunah can never bring me down.” I fought. “I don’t understand why she’s calling herself a queenka when she doesn’t have a quarter of what you have. And I also don’t understand why you have to be someone you’re not here in school.” Gongchan interrupted and gave us our food and drinks. “Majayo! Her dad just works for you. If she does anything you could just…” “Forget about it.” I cut Jaehyun off again. “She’s just wasting my time.” Gongchan and Jaehyun started fighting over what I just said. I just sighed at the two of them and focused on my food.

 

I was just playing with my food, eating a little then play with it again using my chopsticks. Gongchan and Jaehyun were still rambling about something so I kept quiet. They were always like that. Well, almost. I took a sip from my soda and check my phone. 5 messages from Kiji unni and 2 messages from Sungkyu oppa. I didn’t read it though and placed my phone back to my pocket. I felt something weird the whole time so I was trying to keep myself busy. I felt eyes staring at me the whole time. I looked up only to see Kim Yukwon, a kingka who was in our class, staring at me but he’s in deep thoughts. I then looked away pretending I didn't notice him. I always thought he was cute, especially when he does his signature, killer but sweet smile.

 

I wasn't aware that I'm already pacing out til the bell rang which startled me. "Hani~ah, gwenchana?" Gongchan, who noticed my action, asked. "Neh? .. Ah yeh, gwenchana. Kaja! Break's over." I replied and stood up. I went ahead of them since they were still quarreling over something. I was about to open the cafeteria door, when a hand went on top of mine. I looked at the owner and gasped and removed my hand when I knew who it was. Kim Yukwon. He, too, was surprised and pulled his hand away. He then nervously smiled while rubbing the back of neck. I tried so hard to hide my blush.

 

 

 

 

 

Yukwon's POV

 

I smiled nervously at Hani, not knowing what to do. She smiled back at me then looked down, still smiling. After a while, I opened the door for her. "Gomawo!" she exclaimed and bowed. Then she quickly walked away. Though we were classmates, we barely talk. We don't share long conversations, just during group activities or important matters.

“Yukwon~ah, gwenchana? What are you looking at?” Minhyuk hyung asked, placing his hand on my shoulder and followed my gaze. I sighed then mumbled, “Eobseo.” and went to my classroom.

 

 

Hani’s POV

 

I walked as fast as I could. It almost looked like I was running. When I reached locker, I was panting. I quickly grabbed the books needed, slammed my locker door and ran towards my classroom.

 

 

Jaehyun’s POV

 

I took a seat in class but Hani isn’t there yet. I swear I saw her went out of the cafeteria before us but why isn’t she here? I looked around the room but I only see girls and boys surrounding kingkas in our class. “Gongchan~ah, did you see Hani?” I tapped him. “Ani. I thought she went out before us, I was expecting that she was here already.” he answered looking around.

 

It was already 5 minutes past the time and she still wasn’t here. I looked around again then looked at the door. There, I see a panting Hani. She then slumped down on her chair. “Yah! Gwenchana?” Gongchan asked, concerned and she just nodded. Hani placed her head down on her desk. Gongchan watched her with worried eyes. Gongchan really liked her but he kept it because he doesn’t want to break their friendship. I, on the other hand, knew about it. It’s a bit obvious for me though.

 

 

Gongchan’s POV

 

She just nodded at my question. Why was she panting anyway? Was she running? But why? From what? I was in deep thoughts staring at here then there was something that caught my sight. Her left wrist was red. I looked at it then Hani’s voice put me snap out. “What are you staring at?” Hani asked in a soft voice. It’s like she was scared. I then took her arm, avoiding her wrist and asked, “Ige mwoya?” showing her the reddened part. She shook her arm and said, “Eobseo. Someone thought I was another person. Her grip was tight it left a mark on my wrist.” I knew she was lying. Whenever she lies, she doesn’t look at the person in the eyes. It’s either she looks down or shifts her gazes around.

 

 

 

Yukwon’s POV

 

I was eavesdropping on Gongchan and Hani’s conversation. Hani seemed hurt. When Gongchan mentioned about her wrist, I too, got worried. I don’t even know why I cared. I’m really going crazy about this stuff. Why is she so familiar to me?

 

During the whole class, I was thinking about Hani and I mostly find myself glancing at her. She wasn’t paying much attention to the class. When teachers call her, she stuttered when answering. She even barely gets it right. She’s not like this in class; she was always the attentive one, the smart one. But today, it was different. Something was bothering her. I just knew it.

 

“Kim Yukwon!” Choi sonsaengnim yelled which really startled me. “AH! 24!” I screamed standing up not even knowing what to answer or what her question was. Some of my classmates giggled. I just lowered my head, embarrassed. “Yukwon, this isn’t math. This is HISTORY for crying out loud. Now, take your seat and pay attention.” she warned. “Mianhamnida sonsaengnim. And that’s U-Kwon.” I informed, emphasizing my nickname then sat down. Choi sonsaeng just rolled her eyes and went back to discussing. “Hyung, mwoya?” Kyung asked. I just shook my head and pretended to listen. Kyung just shrugged.

 

 

Someone’s POV

 

He keeps on looking at her. Does he like her? He can’t! He’s a member of Block B, Infinite’s rival. Wait, he doesn’t like her. How can he like a nerd? I mean, Hani’s a nerd here in school. They don’t know who she really is except Jaehyun and Sungkyu hyung.

 

Hani, she’s not herself today. I wonder why, she keeps on staring at her bruised wrist. Wait, it’s bruised! It just reddened a moment ago. Maybe that grip was just too hard. I just sighed at the thought.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER late update.

am really busy with school and everything.

please do comment and subscribe! ^_^