Troubled Invitation

Royal Blood

It was lunch break and everyone was heading to the cafeteria. After grabbing my food, I sat at a table waiting for Suho and D.O who just finished their math class. While I was eating, a random blonde girl sat next to me.

“Hello! I’m Chaerin! You don’t mind if I take lunch with you, ya?” she asked nicely.

“Uhm, sure it’s ok, I’m Jiyeon, nice to meet you!” I replied back, smiling.

“You’re the new student. How is your first day going?”

“Despite my welcoming which was half nice half noisy, it’s going great. The teachers are being so nice to me since I’m new here, I guess.” I spoke as I was focusing on my food.

“Ah, my boyfriend told me about the noisy half. It’s your first day and you are already like a little hurricane. You seem to know how to handle the bad guys. I regret I wasn’t there to see that little scandal. Maybe you will be the one that moderates Chanyeol’s temper whoop.” Whaaah what did she just say.. Boyfriend? What boyfriend? One of the guys from that squad? And I don’t want to find out more about Chanyeol’s temper and I’m surely not going to stick around and get involved with him.

“Hey there” I heard as I looked up to see Suho and D.O standing in front of us. “You’ve made a new friend, Jiyeon? She’s awesome, unlike the boys. Chaerin, I trust you with her.” Suho spoke to us as they were about to take a seat.

“Thank you, so funny. It’s not my fault that Jiyong is friends with Chan. And also we know who helped Chan’s behavior to change.” Chaerin replied, making me question what really happened between Suho and Chanyeol.

“It’s been a long time, I made a mistake and I paid for it. I apologized and there’s nothing more I can do. He needs to get over it already because it’s been two years since then.” Suho argued.

“Guys guys calm down and let’s enjoy our meal, alright? You’re scaring Jiyeon and leave her a bad impression.” D.O spoke casually.

Suddenly, everyone’s phones started ringing shortly, as if they all got a text message at the same time, including Suho, Chaerin and D.O.

“What is this about?” I asked the guys as I was taking a look around.

“A big party in Gangnam tonight!” Chaerin responded enthusiastic. Aish, everyone is invited and then there’s me, the new kid. All good, I hate parties anyway.

As I was lost in my thoughts for a few minutes, I looked up and noticed Chanyeol and his group on their way to our table. Oh, why... Why do I start feeling like I’m part of the k-drama “Boys over flowers”? Chaerin followed my gaze, finding her boyfriend who was in front of us now and jumped playfully into his arms. 

“Damn, can you stop with your sweets in public?” Chanyeol asked them bored and sat at the table.

“Yah! You jelly jelly on their relationship.” One of the boys said.

“Baekhyun, please, you’ve never got yourself a girlfriend either.” Chanyeol mumbled back to Baekhyun.

“Can I throw cold water on you?” Baekhyun replied amused and a bit irritated.

“No.”

“Come on oppaaaa”

“Are they teasing each other and arguing like this all the time?” I whispered shyly to D.O.

“Yeaah, we used to get popcorn whenever they slayed with sarcasm.” D.O answered, watching them entertained. A good thing is that Chanyeol acted like I wasn’t even there. Well played.

“SO, IS EVERYONE COMING TO THE PARTY AT PARK SEOUL HOTEL TONIGHT?” Chanyeol spoke aloud all of a sudden. 

“YESSSSS!” the crowd responded.

“Of course, who would miss a welcoming party organized at my family’s hotel? I’m excited to greet our main guest. My mother told me that the girl is gorgeous, and delighted to meet me. And Baekhyun, watch me getting a girlfriend sooner than you’ve imagined.” Chanyeol talked like he was living deeply inside of his reverie. And his words hit me too late. No, this is insane. I’m being silly starting to think that the girl Chanyeol is talking about might be me. This is just a simple coincidence. I’m sure of it, right? I’m not the only girl with a rich family that has moved in… Seoul is huge…

“Oh come on quit lying, we can’t get a proof that she said she’s delighted to meet you. Sehun and Jiyong are supporting me, right guys?” Baekhyun teased Chan again.

“I don’t know man I’m too focused on my dish.” Sehun responded.

“I don’t know man I’m too focused on my girlfriend.” Jiyong replied with a lack of interest in Baekhyun’s subject.

“Bahahahah, idiot. Anyway, Jiyeon..” Chanyeol turned his attention to me. Oh, not again. “Why didn’t you get an invitation? Poor you, maybe you should come to the party as my date. When the party is over I can be all yours, I promise you we can get the best room in the hotel.” He smirked at me. Oh no, he did not. I stood up, grabbed my glass of water and threw it at him.

“OH MY GOD HAHAHAHA TALKING ABOUT THAT COLD WATER” Baekhyun bursted out in laughter.

“You should watch your mouth next time—“ as I wanted to finish my sentence, Chanyeol grabbed my wrist tightly and dragged me out after him until we were in nobody’s sight anymore, leaving everyone behind us shocked. 

“Stop, it hurts!” I said as I tried to release my wrist from his strain. He just stood there speechless, with his hair and uniform soaked.

“Say what you have to say. I’m not an easy girl. I would apologize but you utterly deserve it. I have always hated this type of guys, you know? What an arrogant you are.” Why would words like “sorry” even cross my mind right now?

“Huh, have you ever heard about the word “joke”? “ he asked as looked me in the eye intensively.

“Huh, we are not close, so cut it off with this kind of jokes. Thank you.” As I replied, I tended to turn around and leave but he caught my wrist again, pulling me back.

“You won’t stop thinking of me as an arrogant , but do you even see yourself? You’re just like me.” He smirked, again.

“Woah, hold up. I’m not like you at all, not in a million years. I might be arrogant, TO YOU… I wish we could just ignore each other. I humiliated you two times already, because I am not going to shut up and get bullied.” I responded to his idiotic argument.

“I wish I could ignore you, but when I see you I hardly abstain myself from bothering you.” Is he trying to tease me again? This guy wants to die. When I was about to reply, the bell started ringing, announcing that the lunch break was over.

“Just stay away from me.” I decided to break the fight and head to my next class, hoping I will manage to avoid him for the rest of my… life lol.

When I arrived home in the afternoon, I was greeted by one of the maids who told me that my grandfather was waiting for me in his office. Before entering the chamber, I breathed heavily. Who knew what was waiting for me inside? Ugh, I just wanted this day to end. I knocked and went inside. I took a seat on the sofa next to the desk and expected the worst.

“I called you here to tell you that tonight you will be attending a party where you are the main guest. I organized this in order to increase your popularity here. We are done with the invisible Lee Jiyeon. You should now go upstairs, get some sleep for an hour or whatever. Soon, the maids will bring you the dresses, also a fashion designer and a make-up artist will help you get ready for the event, they are on their way from Incheon, also one of the hosts is on his way—“ before he could finish, I got up and left the office quickly. I couldn’t believe this.

“WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU’RE GOING?!” he yelled as he exited his office and came after me. And when I thought I couldn’t get more shocked today…

“What the… What are you doing here?” I asked as I started at the person who was standing in front of me.

“Jiyeon?!” And Chanyeol was as shocked as I was. “What are YOU doing here?”

“Oh there he is, you already know each other, that’s great!” my grandfather said as he came next to me.

“Yes, we know each other, and I will agree with whatever you need, grandfather… But please, not him. I’m confused. Why are you here? Is he one of the hosts? Grandfather, please…” I started to shiver and my voice was trembling.

“Stop talking! He is Park Chanyeol. His parents are the owners of Park Seoul Hotel and many other shares. One of the richest families here in South Korea, just like us. If you’re still hoping to run back to the US, I will have to force you to stop. Aish, I’m getting a headache because of you. I need to rest, but first, Chanyeol, you may come into my office.” Without any other word, I ran upstairs, barely managing to hold back my tears. Everything was happening so fast, everything was changing so fast I couldn’t keep up. When I got into my room, I crawled up on my bed and started crying.

After half an hour or less, I heard a knock at the door. As I was still hiding my face in the pillow, the person came in and sat on the bed.

“I guess Baekhyun was right, the girl never said that she was delighted to meet me. Welcome to our world, where the elders and our parents are the ones who decide our future completely, so stop crying like a little princess.” He spoke as he waited for me to face him.

“Why, why out of billions of people, it has to be you? Huh, Park Chan Yeol.” I said as I was staring at him numbly. “Aish, dear Universe, all I asked, is for you to help me avoid this annoying creature.”

“Again, you’re being so rude, no girl has ever treated me like this. You’re not crazy following me everywhere screaming OPPA, OPPAAA! I think I’m starting to like you.” He smirked at me. AGAIN.

“How about you stop smirking at me because your very sweet charm isn’t working on me, can’t you see that yet? You must be insane, I threw water on you in front of everyone and here you are sitting on my bed, telling me you like me. Are you bipolar?” Damn, this boy…

“Fine, get up and wash the sadness off your face and I will leave. Also, make sure you look stunning tonight. I’m looking forward to it.” He winked at me. Ugh he really is something.

“Fine, I will make sure to look like Cruella de Vil—“

“To scare off all the guys so I can have you only for myself, great plan! I told you we are so alike.” He grinned at me, leaving me speechless. He will pay for this one.

“GET OUT! NOW”

“See ya tonight, baby girl.” He winked at me and left the room. Oh God, did I just… blush?

 

________

Alrighttt please leave your thoughts on this chapter in a comment x 

I've been really insecure about this fanfic and I still am bc I didn't really wanna start posting but my friends insisted so yeah.. hope you enjoyed this chapter! :)