RP: Coffee, Tea or.....??? (2)

RP: Coffee, Tea or.......???

The first few weeks of Rachel's arrival to Lee Mansion went well without a hitch. She woke up, cooked breakfast for two, did a bit cleaning, cooked lunch for two, did more cleaning and cooked dinner for two before retiring to her room to sleep. As always, after each meal, she would notice newly washed dishes by the sink, indicating that there was someone else beside her in this huge mansion. Even laundry days went well. A new pile of dirty laundry would magically appeared every few days, before magically disappearing after Rachel had washed and ironed them. There were times when Rachel felt like there were eyes looking down on her while she was cleaning the mansion, but she kept her eyes down, knowing that those eyes would retreat if she was to make any sudden, unusual movement. Somehow, having those eyes on her made her feel like she's not alone. Without fully understanding why, it made her happy.

On her second day in her new job, Rachel had accidentally stumbled upon an interesting find. Something she didn't expect at all. Partially hidden behind a few photo frames on the counter above the fireplace, she saw the young face that was to be her master. Brown wavy hair shaping his face, twinkling eyes as well as luscious, perfectly shaped lips that curved into a soft smile. Handsome face indeed. But what had happened? What made him become this way, Rachel wondered. 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

"Wow, congrats. You managed to survive your first month here. Is there anything special you want that I can get for you?" Jonghyun asked while patting her back.

"Not really. Actually, the work is not bad compared to some of the other jobs I had done before. I'm free to do whatever I want. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"I.. I'm not sure if I can say this but I'm curious. I mean, I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that but I'm curious why is he like this. Judging from that one photo I saw while cleaning, he's quite a looker. Handsome with a cute smile too. Shouldn't he be out there enjoying life,instead of being cooped up in this mansion, being lonely? I mean, I'm not sure he's lonely but I would think that that's sad if he is. Oh my god, what am I rambling? So sorry, Jonghyun. Forget I ever said anything." Rachel kept on mumbling while a blush appeared on her cheeks.

"Hahaha.. Slow down, Rachel."

"I'm sorry, though. I can answer everything except this. All I can say is that as a friend, I hope that I am one to you, I hope that you will not end up falling in love with Young Master Lee. He.... He had gone through alot lately and is carrying a heavy baggage in his heart,if he has any left. To fall for him would mean a broken heart for you and I sincerely do not want that to happen to such a beautiful soul like you. Just remember to maintain your distance and continue to work here as a maid."

The more Jonghyun spoke, the heavier Rachel's heart seemed to be. Even Rachel was puzzled as to why she felt that way, but apparently, little by little, unknowingly Rachel started to fall slightly deeper in love with those twinkling eyes and soft smile.

 

--------------------------------------

 

"Crash... Boom..."

Streaks of lightning flashed across the sky awoken Rachel from her slumber, frightening her. As a child, she had fears of thunderstorms, bringing back memories of the accident that caused Rachel to lose both parents and herself in a hospital for months, recovering from her injuries. Normally, she would seek the comfort of her roommate, Gwiboon who knew of her fears and would gently her head till Rachel fell asleep again. However, that was not the case tonight. There was no Gwiboon to hold her, to comfort her, to tell her that everything will be all right. Rachel closed her eyes, putting her hands over her ears, hoping that the action would shut out the loud thundering sounds.

"Crash... Boom..." Rachel screamed.

"Crash... Boom..." She screamed again.

"Crash.. Boom.." Warm arms enveloped her, her hair while whispering words of comfort.

Raising her tear-streaked eyes, Rachel found herself face to face with those eyes.

Eyes that slowly came nearer till she could feel his warm breath near her lips. Rachel inhaled sharply, but before she could do anything else, those lips touched hers, sending sparks of electricity running to the rest of her body. Her arms naturally lifted up to grasp his beautiful wavy hair, bringing him closer to her. His tongue flicked across hers, biting on her lower lip, wanting access to the treasure inside. Rachel gladly opened with a small moan as his tongue caressed hers in a duel. No words were spoken at that point, none needed. Bodies moved towards each other, bringing with them hidden needs and desire. Lightning streaks revealed two young lovers in bed, creating a world of their own, making their own music with no heed to the storm outside their window.

Early the next morning, Rachel woke up feeling sore and tired. For a moment, she was confused. Why would she be feeling so lethargic when normally, she would be refreshed, ready to face a new day of work. That is until, she sat up. Seeing that she was , flashes of last night's memories came flooding back to her, causing her cheeks to turn red. Looking around, however, she saw no sign of anyone else being there with her. If not for the fact that she bore evidence of last night's event, she would have thought that it was all a dream.

Rachel then dressed up as quickly as she could, intending to find the elusive Young Master Lee, to talk to him and find out what happen next. However, the moment she stepped out of her room, she felt something had changed. He's gone...??!!! Wanting confirmation, she ran to the forbidden room. Taking a deep breath, she put her hand on the door handle, turned it before she swung the door open, only to find an empty room.

 

---------------------------------------------

 

"Rachel, did something happen? Young Master Lee had never went out of this compound before. Not since... Anyway, did something happen?" Jonghyun asked, with a worried tone in his voice.

He came by the day after that incident, claiming that Young Master Lee CALLED him to say that he'll be going away for a few days and to take care of Rachel in his absence.

Rachel's heart did a small flip on hearing that he did care enough to ask someone to look after her, but she squashed that feeling after spending many tears on him upon discovering that he had left.

"N..Nothing, Jonghyun.. Nothing happened. I think maybe he just needed some time away from here. Maybe he heard me saying that he needs to get out more?" Smiling weakly at her own lame excuse.

"Are you sure? You know, you can confide in me. I'm a good listener, you know. My wife, Eunsook, says that all the time." Jonghyun knew that something is not right, he saw her puffy eyes but he didn't pried too much, not wanting Rachel to withdraw from talking to him. Plus, Young Master Lee never, EVER called him for something like this before, making him extra worried.

"Well, if you are sure, I will be here if you need me. Just give me a call."

"Thanks, Jonghyun. I will."