RP: Coffee, Tea or.....??? (1)

RP: Coffee, Tea or.......???

"What?!! Who did you say I'll be working for?"

 

Pressing her fingers to her temple, Rachel sighed as she listened to the voice over the phone, telling her of her new employment details. If not for the fact that she needed this job, she would have told her boss that she would rather die than take on this new job that her boss was offering.

 

"Old Witch Lee" That was the nickname that brings fear and terror to all that knows of that old lady's reputation. She was known to be a fussy, overbearing, vocal old lady who had gotten more than 10 maids from her boss's agency and quickly returning them, saying that they did not meet her required standards. The funny thing is though, those who did return from her mansion kept quiet on what happened there, saying that they had been forced to sign a non-disclosure agreement and will not say anything much in fear of a lawsuit. That caused an air of mysterious aura surrounding Old Witch Lee and made the maids prayed hard that when she came to return the previous maid, hoping that they would not be the one to be sent to their "doom". But it looked like Rachel's luck had ran out, as according to her boss, Old Witch Lee requested for her next.

---------------------------------------------------------

Early the next morning, Rachel stood outside the gates of Old Witch Lee's mansion. Looking from the outside, it looked quite intimidating, making Rachel wonder if this job was going to worth it. Before she could ponder a bit more, the gates creaked open and she saw a man walking up to her. 

"Miss Rachel, I presume?"

"Yes...? Um, I'm here.."

"As the new maid. We have been expecting you. Come this way. You will meet Madam Lee shortly."

Without waiting any longer, the man immediately turn 180 degrees and started to walk up the path, leaving Rachel to struggle with her luggage and dealing with a new fear that crept up her spine.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Sit down." "Yes, Ma'am."

"Sign this." "Yes, Ma'am."

"Listen, girl."

"Firstly, you are expected to keep quiet about the happenings in this mansion. No word whatsoever. If I hear anything, you'll be out of a job FOREVER and will have to deal with a lawsuit. Do you understand?"

Rachel nodded when Old Witch Lee aka Madam Lee paused as though expecting an answer.

"Secondly, you are to clean and maintain this house. I don't expect it to be spotless but the place must be clean and presentable and meet my personal assistant's approval whenever he comes for an inspection." Madam Lee then pointed to the man who had greeted Rachel earlier. "His name is Kim Jonghyun and he will be the one who will liaise with you for everything, even groceries and other necessities. if you need anything, call him and no one else."

"Thirdly, you'll be staying here with the owner of this house. He's....he's a bit of a recluse.. Just remember to stay out of his way and prepare his meals as per usual, but you don't have to serve him. He will take it himself. Just make sure the food is ready at the specified timeslot as Jonghyun will explain later."

"Um, I'm sorry for the interruption, Ma'am but won't you be staying here?"

"I...I..I can't." Her voice cracked for a moment, showing her pained expression before Madam Lee recovered and spoke in that condescending tone. "I have a business to run. My time is money. Any other questions?"

Hearing the not so subtle tone of daring her to ask, Rachel quickly apologised and shook her head.

"Good. Jonghyun, show her to her room and go through what she needs to do again. Remember, Rachel... Disobey any of the rules, you'll be out of here before you even know it.'

"Come this way, Ms Rachel"

Once outside of the door, Jonghyun turned to her with a big smile on his face. "Please don't be scared. Madam is just being overly protective of the young master. Anyway, that's who you are really working for. He's, um, quite reserved when it comes to people so basically what I mean is you don't go to his space."

Passing by a staircase, Jonghyun continued " All of first floor and most of the second floor is for you to clean and maintain. All except that last room on the right on the second floor. That is Young Master Lee's room and he doesn't want anyone to come near."

"How about his laundry? If I can't come in, then how am I to do his laundry?"

"Good question, Rachel. I can just call you Rachel, right? Most of the maids didn't even ask that and ended up going to that room. Needless to say, out they go.." Jonghyun laughed, answering that unspoken question Rachel had at the back of her mind.

"Well, Young Master Lee, he did mention that he will place any dirty laundry at the laundry room, so I guess even if they were washed clean, you just have to iron and leave them there for him to collect. I'll be here once a month, hopefully, as most of the maids never lasted that long, to check on you and your progress. At the same time, make a list of the groceries and your necessities as well so that I can purchase them for you. Other than those rules mentioned, there's none more to say."

"....And one last thing to say,if I may... I can see that you are a good person, Rachel. I can sense kindness and patience in you. I know it's not my place to say this but I hope.. I sincerely hope that you will find it in you to stay in this job, regardless of what happen in the future...."

With that, Jonghyun turned around and walked away, leaving Rachel standing in the middle of her room, wondering what he had meant by that.