Take My Hand

Lost Stars

 

"I hope you don't mind. I am sort of partial to Italian food" Haneul said awkwardly. It was a small cozy sort of place. An italian family ran it. Some nights you could hear strong italian from the kitchen. Haneul smiled to herself, reading through the menu. She foind this place really comfortable. She kept reading for show though. She knew it like the back of her hand. But it would give Jongin time to decide.

"I kind of like it" Jongin said warmly. "But I have no idea what to order. I think I will stick to the basics." "They have pretty good spaghetti" Haneul added helpfully. "Goes really well with red wine." "I think I will try that then" he nodded to himself.

"Thanks for coming. I was hoping I hadn't put you off again" Jongin started. "I'm still wary of you to be honest. But I think it is time to move past it. We could have met under worse circumstances" she said dismissively. "I guess so. I don't suppose you will tell me why you were in the state you were that night?" he asked seizing the chance. "I thought we were putting that behind us" she said, raising an eyebrow.

"I still maintain that you have a really interesting story to you" he said leaning on the table. "I am the most boring person you can ever meet" she replied. "Nah. No person adventurous with their food can be boring in their life" he said, rejecting her statement. "Adventurous with food?" she asked, confused. "First the French restaurant and now an Italian place? And if I am not wrong I saw food pamphlets from a Korean delivery place in your office" he explained.

"I am reconsidering the decision not to brand you a stalker" Haneul said narrowing her eyes. "I am a writer. I notice things. I also like watching Sherlock Holmes. I am brilliant at deductions" he bragged. "Oh yeah? What else have you deduced Mr Holmes?" She asked teasingly. "I deduce that you are secretly a closet pink lover. The dull office clothes are only for show" he whispered conspiratorially. Haneul laughed. "You couldn't be more wrong" she said, shaking her head. 

"Oh you may laugh now but I will eventually figure you out" he promised her. "Go ahead and try" she said, giving into the game. 

 

 

 

 

I bet you love comedy movies. The American Pie kind.

I bet YOU love American Pie. Or parody movies. The kind you need to switch your brain off for.

I abhor those >:(

 

Haneul giggled as she typed.

 

My favourite movie is Wall Street 

Of course. You are the type to be seduced by the rich and the power hungry.

Hey!

My favourite was Dead Poet's Society. And Breakfast Club.

I haven't watched Breakfast Club. Ever. Everyone loves it. I haven't seen it yet.

The blasphemy! What are you doing with life?

Saturday. 3pm. Your place. Get popcorn. We are rectifying this.

I get no choice?

I cannot let you ruin your life so no.

 

"I have never seen you smile this much. I don't know if I should laugh or be scared" Yuri said, sitting down in front of her. "Be happy for me and go along with it because I have good news for you" Haneul said. "That only makes me more suspicious. Whom were you texting?" Yuri asked. "No one. I am expecting a call from Tiffany confirming her vacation plans" Haneul told her.

"I am pretty sure it isn't Tiffany making you smile so much. Who were you texting?" Yuri insisted. "No one! I was reading a joke" Haneul said. "You never read jokes online" Yuri deadpanned. "I happen to find grumpy cat memes funny no thank you" Haneul pouted.

"Oh my god you just pouted. I can never unsee that. Ever again. Who are you dating?!" she asked excitedly. "Not dating anyone. It was just one dinner two nights ago with Jongin" Haneul clarified. "YOU WENT ON A DATE WITH KIM JONGIN!" Yuri yelled in shock. "It wasn't a date! Just dinner!" Haneul protested. "And it went well! You were texting and smiling and pouting. Oh my god" Yuri exclaimed in shock. "Are you done yet?" Haneul asked, rubbing her temples. Yuri shook her head and took out her phone to text Tao. Haneul sighed.

Her phone rang and it was quickly snatched by Yuri. "Is it Jongin?" she asked excitedly as she switched on speaker mode. Haneul had never been more glad that cabins in the office were sound proof. 

"Who is Jongin?" a rather feminine voice asked. "Tiffany!  I was expecting your call. Jongin is no one" she said dismissively. "Correction. Jongin was her hot date from two days ago whom she was texting and smiling at!" Yuri yelled into the phone. "No! Stop saying that. Don't believe her Steph!" Haneul yelled back. "If she is your true friend then she will support me in saying that you should go get some" Yuri said seriously. "Come on!" Haneul cried as Tiffany laughed.

"I did not believe Kris when he said you might have started dating again. I was going to tell you that we would be in town next week. But it's okay if you are too busy with a hot boyfriend to meet us" Tiffany giggled. "I like your friend already" Yuri giggled. Haneul shook her head as Tiffany agreed and ended the call saying she would call back later. Haneul glared as Yuri handed her phone back.

"Oh btw Tao wants to know if he can design your wedding dress when you get married to Jongin?"