So Let's Get Drunk

Lost Stars

 


 

Jongin decided to walk around for a bit. There wasn't much to see in this area actually. Google maps had been of no use, other than to tell him where the nearest McDonald's was. Grabbing a bite to eat, Jongin decided to walk around the block before heading back to the hotel. The concert had left an adrenaline surge behind which he didn't want to cool off just yet. He should do it more often, he decided.

He walked around, looking at shops that were closed too early by his standards. Some of them had mannequins on display with avant garde outfits. Probably designer boutiques. He took a photo of a particularly hideous looking outfit and forwarded it to Zitao. If he wasn't sleeping tonight, then neither should his friend and freaking him out was the best way to do it.

After a point, he felt thirsty. He looked around for a 24/7 shop or a small grocery shop of some kind to see if he could purchase water bottles. he normally carried food and water when he intended to roam around but he had decided to forgo carrying things for the sake of comfort at the concert. He didn't want to carry a bag around, not knowing where to leave it while he concentrated on the performances. The area looked somewhat familiar and he noticed a small shop open at the end of street. It was the road with the bus stop he remembered when he noticed the said bus stop on the other side.

He must have missed the last bus because the area looked deserted. He took in a deep breathe. Walking was fine too. Just as he was about to enter the store, the door was pushed open forcefully and it hit his foot causing him to exclaim loudly. "I'm sorry!" the person exclaimed, bowing and literally stumbling into Jongin. Jongin rushed to catch the said person, afraid they would fall and take him along too. Going by the mass of hair, preventing him from seeing his face, it must be a girl. Or a really petite guy with long hair. It was LA. He was in no position to judge, having gone the long braided hair way in his rebellious teen days.

"Are you okay...?" Jongin asked, holding the swaying person. "I'm a-okay!" she shouted. Definitely not okay and totally drunk, Jongin decided. The girl looked familiar to him. Had he seen her before? "You can let go of me. Although that was very romantic" the girl giggled. The store's door opened behind her and a burly man came out. "I don't want any trouble here. Take the lightweight and go" he thundered, surprising Jongin. "Yeah well, we don't want to stay here any way!" she yelled back. She took his hand and dragged him along. Jongin turned to give an apologetic look to the man before protesting as the girl dragged him along.

"Look, miss? I think you have the wrong guy" Jongin said unsurely as the girl walked ahead on to the streets. "I know what I am doing" she said stubbornly. "Doesn't look like it" Jongin told her. "I have everything under control, no thank you very much. Can't you see? My life is ing amazing. Every step where I planned it to be" she told him coldly, stopping to glare at him for effect. "But you didn't think it would be this lonely" he ventured a guess. He was a writer. He could tell what people thought and did better than some psychologists could.

"Yes" she admitted after a prolonged silence. Jongin panicked when he realized that she had started to cry. Her shoulders trembled, the jacket carelessly thrown over, threatening to fall. ". I didn't mean to make you cry" Jongin apologized. "It's fine. I'm alright" the girl said, staggering a little as she tried to wipe her eyes. "Okay. Can you tell me where your house is? I can get you home" Jongin offered. She fumbled a bit with her bag and fished out her phone. It had 20% charge and a GPS running with an address fed in. A hotel address by the looks of it.

"Let's get you back safely."


 


 


 

Jongin opened his eyes to find himself in a hotel room which was different from his. There was golden light everywhere and wooden antique furniture. He remembered that his hotel room had a large French window. Not so much of a view but a nice window. He found himself short of breath and realized that there was a heavy thing on his chest. He looked down to find a familiar mop of brown hair.

, had he slept with a girl last night? He didn't remember being drunk.

His eyes opened wide and he noted that they were fully clothed and lying on a couch, as opposed to being and on the bed. This did not compute. A splitting headache came a second later as he remembered what had happened last night. "Miss? Miss, you need to wake up" he said, shaking her gently. The girl groaned and got up, lying down on the bed instead. Jongin sighed. It was around seven in the morning. He could call up room service for some ginger and lemon tea. Whoever she was, she was going to wake up really hung over.

Jongin stretched his arms out and walked towards the phone lying on her bedside table. The card next to it contained the extension number for room service. He ordered tea and a sandwich for himself. His voice came out gruffer than intended and it startled the sleeping girl, causing her to open her eyes and look at him. That face seemed familiar to him but he couldn't tell why.

"Who are you?" she asked, sitting up in bed and covering herself with her blanket warily. "The guy who brought you home last night. You owe me big time" he pointed out. "I thought good Samaritans were nicer” she said, glaring at him before clutching her head in pain. “You are going to have a mother of all hangovers. You drank an entire bottle of flavored vodka” he told her. She groaned, burying her head in her pillow and cocooning herself. Jongin shook his head.

He got rid of the long coat he was still wearing fro last night and ed the top two buttons of the shirt. Deciding it was too uncomfortable , he got rid of the shirt altogether, keeping the t-shirt inside on. “Why?” the girl asked him suddenly. “Why what?” he asked, making himself comfortable on the couch. His entire body was sore but he couldn't exactly lie down on the bed now. “Well, you brought me to my room but we clearly didn't have so why bother staying the night?” she asked him.

Well, my hotel is pretty far off from here for one” he started, her eyes narrowing with every phrase. “And secondly, you promised me a story last night” he added. “Story?” she asked, the idea sounding very foreign to her. “You probably won't believe me” he said. “Well, you have my attention, so humor me” she said, trying to figure out the entire situation. She clearly didn't remember any part of last night. “Yeah. A well dressed woman out on the streets all alone, drunk because of loneliness. You had a story” Jongin told her.

How do you even know that?” she asked him. “I could just be crazy, looking for a high” she challenged. “You had your GPS running with the address of the hotel as your destination. You were clearly trying to get back” he told her. “May be I was just looking for a hotel for a one night stand” she lied. “Then you would have kissed me. But you didn't. You hugged me and fell asleep in between asking me to stay” he said. He held her stare for a moment, before she broke it and got out of bed.

Look. People do crazy things when drunk. I'm sorry to disappoint you. But there is no story. And now I'll have to ask you to leave” she said, standing in front of him. “People don't lie when they are drunk” he said simply with a smile. “No one is in their right mind while drunk, so will you please leave?” she asked, getting irritated now. Jongin took one look at her and dug his card out of his pocket. “Call me” he said, leaving the card by her phone on the table.


 


 


 

Haneul stared at the strange man's retreating figure. Like hell, would she call him. By evening she would be leaving the city and would never see him again. And that was good riddance. She needed to take better care of herself when drunk. She shouldn't have been drunk in the first place.

Her head throbbed in pain and she curled up in her bed. She would figure out what to do later. For now she needed some ginger and lemon.


 


 

So let's get drunk, on our tears