Seal the Deal

Infamous

 

Woohyun stuck his hand into the inside pocket of his jacket, just to make sure the ticket was still there. It was time to seal the deal. Determined, he flung the door open, entering with confidence. A few girls squealed as they noticed him, giving him the boost he needed. They were right, he had nothing to worry about, Sungkyu would be an idiot to turn him down. Mortified, he pictured how it would be like to get rejected. He had of course never experienced it first hand, but he could imagine that it would be a special form of torture, and to have an audience to his crash and burn would hurt even more.

No, that would never happen. He quietly chuckled to himself over actually having considered the possibility. He didn't know what had gotten into him, usually he didn't doubt his abilities, not even for a fraction of a second. This guy was seriously messing with his head. It was only a temporary glitch, he convinced himself, perhaps a reaction to the fact that he was straying from his usual pattern. Like a lion in captivity, he had grown tired of not having to lift a finger in order to secure his meal. He was craving for a real hunt. Of course, he didn't have unequivocal proof that Sungkyu was gay, but that was irrelevant. He was positive he could turn anyone, all he needed were a couple of dates and he could get the straightest guy on the planet into bed. He knew, because he had already done it.

As he smoothly talked himself to the head of the line, most of the girls giving way when he flashed a cute smile, his heart took it upon itself to set the mood, drumming to the classic theme of a thriller that was building up to the big reveal. Bamm. Ba-bamm. Bamm. Ba-da-ba-bamm. He caught a glimpse of the back of Sungkyu's head as he wrestled with the coffee machine. A smile snuck onto his lips as he shook his head. He had a feeling neither one would come out victorious from that battle. When Sungkyu turned around, he held his breath. He wasn't sure what he had been expecting, but the disappointment at the lack of reaction on Sungkyu's part indicated that he had been expecting something. Sungkyu was too good of an actor, he looked at him like he didn't recognize him at all, waiting for his order.

 

As Sungkyu went to prepare the foul mud he called coffee, Woohyun's hand snuck into his jacket pocket, fetching the ticket. His hand was almost shaking from frustration, for Sungkyu still pretended not to remember what his usual order was, so he had had to spell it out for him yet again. He smoothly hid the ticket under the 10.000 won bill, smirking at how genius his plan was. He was not just a pretty face, that was for sure. When his coffee was ready, he slid the bill smoothly across the counter, the ticket completely hidden from view. His gut churned uncomfortably, was he hungry already? It hadn't been that long since he last ate, but maybe his body was staging a protest to his new diet.

“Oh.. uh... keep the change!” he blurted out before racing to the door. For some reason he didn't want to be there when he discovered the ticket. He wanted to keep the mystery, afraid it would turn out to be too easy. Like catching the flu in a crowded hospital waiting room, getting it without so much as having to lift a finger, going home with a headache and no desire to go out ever again.

 

Before he could reach the door, there was something that pulled at his wrist, stopping him in his tracks. He tried to swallow his heart, which had jumped so high that it had gotten stuck in his throat.

“You forgot this!” Sungkyu beamed at him as he held out the ticket, clearly pleased with himself for having gone to the trouble of helping him out, leaving his long line of customers waiting, and without a doubt expecting him to be eternally grateful for his good deed.

“Eh.. heh.. I told you to keep the change...” he said semi-awkwardly, pushing Sungkyu's hand away. Did he really not get that this was an invitation to a date? Or was this some kind of a strategy, using his way too cute pretend innocence to make him crazy for him? How could he not know? Why on Earth would he have left a ticket to a dance show on the counter, if not to silently suggest that they see it together? He clenched his teeth out of frustration. It was supposed to be a cool way to get him to their first date. He had imagined Sungkyu lighting up at the mere sight of the ticket, his perfectly shaped half-moon eyes disappearing into an elated smile, perhaps letting out a giggle or two, spending the rest of the day floating on a pink cloud, bursting with anticipation, barely being able to wait until tomorrow night.

Sungkyu looked at the ticket in his hand, and then back at Woohyun, confusion shining from his captivating eyes. Afraid he was going to embarrass them both by asking a stupid question, Woohyun thought he should better make himself scarce at once. He used his superior acting skills to hide the fact that Sungkyu's weird behavior was making him nervous. Sending him one of his signature seductive winks that was sure to leave a lasting impression, he straightened out and walked dashingly out with his head held high.