Uri 5

Nameless Story Part. 1

 

A/N: links are for you to open in a new tab/window and listen along.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
 
He pushed the door slowly, and it creaked spookily. It looked kind of a horror movie: the abandoned facility in the dark, the echo, the lonely steps...
 
- Hyu... ng? - he dared to speak. 
 
The room was small. There were full body sized lockers sticked to a wall, some medic equipment in a wheeled table, a stretcher, piled boxes and a door to a bathroom, probably.
 
The shadows played tricks in his eyes, for a moment he thought a leg was hanging from the stretcher, and as soon as Yunho's flashlight reached him from the end of the hallway, his eyes defined someone sitting on it. A pair of eyes glared at him, and then he disappeared, in the darkness, as Yunho went further down the hallway, taking away the illumination.
 
 Yoochun almost screamed, as he stepped back, and sticked to the wall behind. 
 
- Ahh. AHH. Hyung? - Yoochun remembered he was looking for him.- HYUNG??
 
He forced himself walk two steps to the stretcher he knew he had in front and tempted what he had in his reach. 
 
- Yoochunnie? - a hoarse voice called him in a whisper.
- Hyung?
 
His eyes filled with tears immedaitely and hugged a slim, very slim body he recognized quickly. Broad shoulders and a tiny waist, skinny, with a toned chest. He gasped, in awe.
 
- Hyung?! - Yoochun couldn't believe it.
 
His hands tightened in Jaejoong's back as he responded and hugged him back. 
 
- Yoochunnie...
 
His voice seemed tired. 
 
- Hyung. Oh. Hyung - Yoochun part from him to see in which condition he was. - Hyung - he repeated, unable to say anything else.
 
Yoochun cupped Jaejoong's head and with the poor illumination he had, tried to look at his eyes. The flashlight reached them from the bottom of the hallway, the voices of the members getting closer.
 
- Who's there? - Jaejoong asked, turning to face the door, scared, very scared.
- Easy - Yoochun told him. - We have to take you out. We'll take you out from here, and we're going to...
- Who's there? Who are those people? - Jaejoong parted from him, and closed the door, leaving it half-open.
 
They heard Yunho's voice clearly, and Jaejoong got scared. He closed the door even more, and when he spotted their faces, he gasped, and closed the door entirely, stepping back. He hid behind the boxes pile, sitting on the floor. Yoochun followed him, with his mouth opened, in awe.
 
- Hyung?
 
Jaejoong hyperventilated in the corner, holding his knees.
 
- I can't.
- You can't what? Hyung.
 
Curious, and scared of his hyung's behaviour, Yoochun squatted down in front of him, trying to look him in the eyes, but he was evassive.
 
- I can't meet them.
 
"Yoochun-ah!", Yunho yelled from the outside. 
 
- Nono. Don't - Jaejoong begged, making eye contact with him, when Yoochun turned his face to the door, ready to reply to Yunho.
- But! Jaejoong-hyung! - he tried to make him reconsider. - We have to take you out. You'll be fine. We're taking you with someone who can take care of you. It's alright.
- No. No... 
- Just wait.
 
He went to open the door and call s, but Jaejoong covered his mouth and put him against the door, a bit violently.
 
- Shhh. SHH. Please. Don't. 
 
Relaxing under Jaejoong's hand, to show him he wasn't dangerous, and he'd do as he said, Yoochun remained still. 
 
- I can't. Give me a minute.
- Okay... - Yoochun whispered when his hyung removed the hand.
 
Jaejoong breathed heavily. 
 
- I can't.
- Of course you can. It's only Yunho-hyung and Changmin-ah.
- How much time...?
 
He tried to remain calm but his eyes were watering and the panic was taking control, emotions overtaking his heart.
Yoochun knew how he felt. Leaving the company had been hard for him the most, specially because he was the hyung, and he had to be the pillar of JYJ. Strong and firm.
 
- Hyung - Yoochun called him softly. 
- I can't.
 
He thought he should help him. The long way to find him couldn't be turning out like this. When he heard Yunho calling fro him again, he opened the door slowly.
 
- Easy. 
- Don't tell them - Jaejoong begged again.
- Easy.
 
He got out, and Jaejoong rested on the closed door, still breathing heavily. 
Outside, Changmin, who was the closest to Yoochun, suddenly stopped to stare at him. His hyung was tense and nervous. He raised his eyebrows, asking Yoochun if everything was okay. His hyung took a deep breath and decided to take Jaejoong out of his missery.
 
With only a gesture of his head, Yoochun called Changmin. The youngest looked everywhere, seeing the rest of the members were distracted in other rooms. Without knowing well what to expect, Changmin shook his head.
 
- What... - Changmin whispered, puzzled.
 
His hyung put a finger in his lips, calling for silence and with a hand gesture, he pointed at the door behind him. Changmin's eyes opened widely.
 
- Is he...? - Changmin blurted out, stuttering.
 
Yoochun replied by nodding, and he let Changmin in.
 
- Yoochunnie, what are you-
 
Seeing it wasn't Yoochun who got in, Jaejoong shut, his eyes wide open, completing his scared face. He didn't want to cry, but what else was he going to do? Without words, Changmin hugged him tightly, throwing his body onto his hyung's and almost lifting him from the floor, and sighed deeply in his ear. There was only one time, only one other time Jaejoong recalled he had hugged him like this, and it was during a Hug performance, after their debut.
 
- Changminnie...
- Hyung... ie...
 
His hug shut his mind, when he wouldn't stop thinking s would reproach him leaving TVXQ. He had thought so much resentment would come out from Changmin's mouth, but their hug talked for them instead. Jaejoong had missed him so much. He parted, and trying not to look too embarrassed, he cupped his face and stared at him. Both had sparkly eyes from the emotion it meant seeing each other again.
 
- You've grown up so much... - Jaejoong said, very serious and ended up giggling.
- Hyungie....
 
He was taller than the last time he had seen him, he could tell by the diference in their heights. 
Suddenly, Changmin realized he looked weird. Too nervous, too tired and stressed.
 
- Hyung, are you okay? - Changmin asked, checking him completely, touching his face and turning his head to both sides, as if he was testing his reflexes. - Are you well? You feel okay?
 
His hyung just giggled and smiled at him as his eyes filled with tears.
Remembering, they were not alone, Changmin pulled from his wrist.
 
- You have to see Yunho-hyung. He's right here.
- No!
 
Jaejoong panicked again, realizing he would have to face Yunho.
 
- NO. 
 
He pulled back, and lowered his head.
 
- Not Yunho. No.
 
Changmin stared at his hyung and wondered what had been through his mind, all that time, that they spent separated. Was he building nightmares? Regretting his decision maybe? He couldn't know, since he had stayed. He did know what Yunho had felt, though. Even if Yunho didn't say it out loud a lot, Changmin was sure, he had missed Jaejoong in a way that could not be put in words.
 
- I think it's about time.
 
Not so permissive like his hyung, Yoochun, Changmin got out and called Yunho. As he heard him getting closer, the flashlight signaling his presence, Jaejoong hid under the stretcher.
 
- No... Not Yunho. Not Yunho - Jaejoong whispered, shaking.
- He's behaving a bit weirdly - Yoochun warned his hyung, before going in.
 
Jaejoong saw a pair of legs walk in and the door closed.
 
- Stop searching. Junsu-yah! - Yoochun's voice, muffled by the door, sneaked in the room.
 
Slowly, the pair of legs walked to him, making him tense. He held onto his knees, squeezing them. 
 
- Not Yunho. No.
 
He squatted down.
When Jaejoong saw his face he shut, while looking at at him directly in his eyes. Jaejoong thought he had aged a bit, but he looked handsome as always. 
Yunho's eyes were so pretty, just by staring at him back. A half-pout transformed his face, as he tilted his face a bit. Jaejoong missed his scars right away and wanted to touch the spot that now was so weird for him. Hoping he wouldn't cry, Jaejoong recalled just how much he had waited to meet them, at some point. They were his Yunho and Changmin. 
 
At times, Jaejoong had thought he regretted leaving, but the thought of being a support for the members that had left with him kept him from crying. Going forward was necessary, so he held his tears countless times. Now that he had Yunho in front, the one who had seen his tears, because they had signaled each other as equals, the hyungs, he felt like letting go.
 
- Hey, Jaejoongie~ - Yunho called him in a cute way, with a soft voice.
- Oh. Oh... - the oldest tried to laugh. - Yunho...
 
The leader tried to smile, but only a pout appeared. He could do that much.
He sighed deeply, and saw in which state Jaejoong was. Next, Yunho sat comfortably on the floor, and talked to him.
 
- We've been through a lot of trouble just to find you, won't you come out here?
- Yunho... I...
- You scared me - Yunho raised his eyebrows, almost scolding him. - For a moment, I thought we had lost you, I have to be honest... 
 
Jaejoong swallowed, barely, as he relaxed a bit, and stretched his legs so he could extend his hand. Yunho met him half-way, stretching out his hand also.
 
- You had me worried for a long time, sending all those messages through the media also - he continued, as if they were just talking, sitting in their living room.
- I'm sorry.
- I missed you very much.
- I'm sorry that I worried you, but I'm not sorry I spoke through the media.
- I know - Yunho smiled. - I know - he squeezed Jaejoong's hand tenderly. - You just have to... explode? Haha Explode through something and let it all out. I know.
 
Jaejoong smiled at him shyly, and wiped his nose, his eyes sparkly.
 
- I missed you, Yunho.
 
The oldest boy lowered his head, and unconsciously, his hands wandered to Yunho's pants, removing every fluff he found, unconsciously.
 
- I missed you very much.
- I kno-
- At times I feel I owe you an apology - Jaejoong cut him, he felt that if he didn't say this now, he would never have the courage again, - but as we lost some things, we won others too, and I can't regret that we earned so much, by leaving the company.  Things that weren't even for us, for our sake.
- I know, shut up already - Yunho giggled to soften his words.
- Eh?
- I don't need an apology. I want you to come out from there. 
 
Giggling softly, Jaejoong smiled and threw himself into Yunho's arms and hugged him.
They looked like two children who had a very pure friendship.
When Yoochun opened the door, they caught them rolling off the floor, laughing stupidly.
 
- Would you cut it out? - Yoochun frowned at them, as they stopped and stare.
- I see you got your together, hyung - Changmin told Jaejoong, pissed.
 
Jaejoong shove Yunho's arms away and crawled a bit to release.
 
- Why are there only three of you? - Jaejoong asked, fearing the answer.
 
He looked at each one of them and they didn't know what to say. Explaining where they were, what they were doing, how much time had passed, or the situation they were in. They tried to begin, but didn't know exactly where to start. Jaejoong misinterpreted their silence and hessitation as bad news, and stood up and rushed outside the room.
 
- Junsu had a car accident, I remember. Where is Junsu? Junsu!
 
He looked everywhere, yelling his name, hoping he would meet him face to face rounding the corner.
 
- Hyung! - Yoochun called him.
- Junsu-yah! Junsu-
 
Just around the corner, Jaejoong stumbled with him, and after the shock of recognizing each other, the oldest hugged him tightly.
 
- Junsuu... 
- OH. Hyung! It's you, hyung! HYUNG - his mouth wouldn't close, he was shocked.
- Oh... Junsu... you're okay - Jaejoong whispered in his ear.
- What? 
 
Junsu didn't understand. His hyung was the one who was in a bad state, why was he...? But more importantly, "every member, to the last one" was what Junsu thought of. He hugged Jaejoong tightly, fighting his tears, a really raw sensation in his throat would make him cry compulsively from one moment to another.
 
- Hyung... Hyungie... - Junsu sobbed. - Where have you been...? Ha... Haa...
 
It was unbearable, he started crying in his hyung's shoulder.
 
- Oh my... I'm making you sadder... - Jaejoong mumbled and parted from Junsu's body.
 
He cupped Junsu's head to look at him closely. He was intact. 
It made him feel so happy. When Jaejoong went to sleep for fifty years, he knew he'd meet Junsu healthy, the next time they saw each other. He didn't quite know if he had dreamt of it, but at that right moment, it felt he had missed s all the time, while sleeping.
 
 
 
 
 
 
It was... not awkward. No. More like... silent. They knew each other so well, no words were needed. As they stared at each other, in the huge room, and smiled and exchanged glances, they realized they had changed physically, but they were the same. 
 
They hadn't noticed they were sitting in a circle, but it was a habit they had since the early days, when they were in the dance practice room, probably listening to his choreographer, or the vocal trainer, or the director for one of their concerts.
 
- One, two, - Junsu pointed at each of them, while counting, his husky voice very soft and pleasant to the ears, - three, four... five.
 
He pointed at himself lastly, and giggled, his eyes were swollen.
 
- There are so many of us now - Junsu smiled.
 
Yunho nodded shyly and giggled, nervously. He kept staring at Jaejoong, recognizing every feature, every gesture, every giggle.
 
- This is so embarrassing - Jaejoong smiled at Changmin and stared at s, with love. - One... - he mimicked Junsu, pointing at Yoochun.
- One - Changmin cut him, correcting Jaejoong and pointing at Yunho.
 
All of them remembered their oficial numeration, the one they had for concerts, and that was inscribed in their respective microphones, when they performed.
 
- One, - Jaejoong pointed at Yunho, - two - next Changmin, - three - at himself, - four, - at Yoochun, - and five - he finished with Junsu, bringing back memories.
 
Their alignment, so present, always. He wondered if it had been a curse. Yunho and Changmin at his  left, Junsu and Yoochun at his right. Finally, s had gathered to find him, Jaejoong, so maybe not.
 
- You all look weird - Jaejoong commented, trying to mock everyone and ease the atmosphere.
- You haven't looked yourself in a mirror - Changmin attacked him.
- Mm... - Jaejoong pouted. - So. Where is this? - he asked, looking around.
 
They took their time to explain everything to him, but Jaejoong was not that amused. Somewhere inbetween his sleep, he had felt time was not the same anymore. They told him about their adventures in their way to meet him and felt sorry for making them go through all of that. He had no words to express his gratitude. 
 
But it was the same for everyone else also. Everybody was thankful for having that someone, that had cared for him and had gave it a chance to try and find him.
 
However, there had been one. The first, that had decided to go for it.
 
- Junsu-yah... - Jaejoong said softly, - I'm eternally thankful for everything you've done.
- Aniya, aniya... I haven't done anything - he replied very quickly, embarrassed, and humble. - Changmin. Changmin has been the master here - he pointed at the youngest. - He was so helpful  - he had nothing but praising for him.
- Who would've thought... the babies would know better - Jaejoong giggled.
- I'm not your baby - Changmin protested, giggling.
- I didn't say my babies, I said "the" babies. "The" - Jaejoong clarified, defending himself.
- I've grown up enough NOT to be a baby - Changmin kept mocking him.
- Well, you are like my baby still...
- I said I'm not your baby, I knew those were your intentions from the beginning - Changmin trolled him to no end, giggling.
 
Now that he looked like a fool, Jaejoong felt at home. He laughed silently, feeling something he missed very much, and that was hitting Changmin. He laughed bitterly at the thought. But Changmin was bad at being cheesy and emotional, so this was his way of welcoming him.
 
In the past, when Changmin was shy and very quiet and introverted, Jaejoong had being like a bridge. He eased him, got closer to him, spoke to him, made him comfortable, in a group full of hyungs, he had linked him to the rest of the members, and now he could see he was doing well, Jaejoong felt proud. Because now he was the one who was comfortable.
 
- Koko de nani o eiru no?
- Ahhg... haha good to know you were cultivating your japanese when we were dead worried about you, hyung.
- Haha - Jaejoong's laughter filled the room. - Well. What are we doing here?
- You want the philosophical answer? Or the short answer? - Changmin asked him. - Something like fate, and stuff? You wanna hear that?
- You believe in fate, Jaejoongie - Yunho butted in.
- At times, yes.
- You think this is fate?
- I don't think so - Changmin stated, seccure.
- I do think so. It might be - Junsu let them know.
- I think we shouldn't - Yoochun's deep voice attracted everyone's attention. - We shouldn't try to look for a deeper meaning to this. And take it as it comes. And enjoy the trip.
- Mmhm... - Changmin agreed, lowering his head, and nodding as he reflected on it. - Keujjo.
 
 The youngest thought it was nice to have someone with such common sense as Yoochun in their group.
 
- What do we do now?
 
Jaejoong looked at each and everyone.
 
- We get in motion - Yunho stood up and shook off the dust from his pant, they were so worn out.
- I mean, afterwards. What do we...? - Jaejoong was being shy in asking about it.
 
But as soon as he saw their faces, he understood everyone was the same, and the feeling came back. That feeling of being one.
 
- We sing - Yunho stated.
- We start again - Junsu whispered, his eyes dreaming about the future already.
 
Five minutes later, Yunho had found a ventilation duct that looked promising. He kicked the lid until it got dented and just fell off, revealing a deep duct that got lost in the darkness.
 
- I'm telling you! Changmin says it's no use! - Junsu whined, next to him. - He's got the mapping of the system and he can't see any of these go near the entrance! Hyung!
- We won't know until we try.
- But I'm telling you!
 
And as Yunho got in the tiny space and began crawling, Junsu thought his words were just hot air for him. He sighed deeply and decided to be patient.
 
- Someone knocked too hard on that door - Jaejoong joked.
 
He passed over the remnants of the broken door and looked what was at the bottom: the water and the lid floating. Yoochun, at his side, thought he shouldn't let his hyung know what had happened there a few hours earlier. The probability was he wouldn't believe it, or he would be too embarrassed to acknowledge it.
 
He would stay shut.
 
Back in his cabin, where Changmin felt more in control, he scratched the screen in hopes there was a stain on the surface, because he was worried that what he was watching was correct.
 
Their levels of oxygen had decreased again. Very quickly.
 
He double- checked his eyes were not tricking him. He sighed deeply, starting to worry. Again, he opened a few gates, letting the air pass through the huge room.
 
- What's happening? - he asked himself, and researched and researched.
 
He caught an intruder in the ducts, that labeled as Yunho, so he used the microphone to reach him.
 
- Yunho-hyung, you won't get anywhere like that. 
- Changmin-ah? - Yunho called him, he was really deep withing the ventilation duct, but as soon as he found the end, and no exit, he went back.
 
When he got out, he breathed heavily, leaning against the wall.
 
- Are you okay? - Junsu asked him. - You want me to go on?
- It's okay. It's a dead alley - Yunho breathed out.
- Yunho-hyung - thorugh the speakers, Changmin's voice, imperative, called for him. - Come here, I need to talk to you - and he sounded worried.
 
He rushed to the cabin, tired, dirty and impatient.
 
- Wow - Jaejoong blurted out, caressing the inscription on his vault's surface. - Hero... that's me - he said, proudly.
 
 
- Close the door - Changmin asked his hyung, his eyes showed fear.
- What's wrong?
 
He tried to speak, but he swallowed, nervously instead, showing Yunho the monitor. He pointed at the graphics that were on display. A tiny gauge was really low in its levels.
 
- We're out of air.
- What? - Yunho frowned, and got closer to the monitor, reading what Changmin was showing him.
- We don't have oxygen left, hyung.
- How?
 
By saying it in front of his hyung, it felt more real, the fact that they had limited oxygen left. He breathed heavily, feeling a big weight had smashed him against the seat.
 
- How...? - Yunho asked again and turned to look at Changmin, begging him he was mistaken.
- . - Changmin rubbed his face, thinking.
- No. There's gotta be-
- We didn't find a way out - Changmin reproached himself. - Because there isn't a way out - his voice was muffled by his hands. - All this time I thought we would do just fine because we could endure it a bit longer, waiting for help... - he confessed. - But we're lacking air, hyung. We ing LACK AIR. 
- No.
- We're out of time.
 
Through the window, Yunho saw s downstairs, still cheerful because of their reunion.
 
- How much time - he asked, keeping calm, - do we have left?
- Two days.
 
With the reserves the facility had, and Changmin could access, to refill the cage with oxygen, he calculated, they'd last two days, before running out of it completely.
 
- I can't tell them - Changmin grabbed Yunho's hand, to stop him from going out.
 
Yunho twisted his mouth, his future was slowly crumbling for him. He wanted to cry again. But he patted Changmin's back instead.
 
- It's going to be alright. We don't keep secrets to each other now.
 
And very fatherly-like, he grabbed Changmin and made him get out of the cabin, and join the rest, downstairs. But as soon as the trio saw Changmin, sobbing, his eyes swollen, they wondered, what was Yunho going to tell them, with such a sad expression on his face.
 
Everyone was so at peace already. There wasn't that much commotion, and in the end, didn't they had more, much more than they had wished for? Wasn't it enough for them already, to have fulfilled their dream of meeting again?
 
- I'm going to find an exit.
- Hyung, there is no exit.
- Well, you tried the roof? - Jaejoong asked. - We could get to the roof and get out-
- We're buried under the mountain - Changmin cut him. - Tonnes of material are above our heads, we were lucky enough to find an entrance...
 
And suddenly Changmin reflected on it, as their hyungs kept talking about the possibilities. How lucky they had been, to find their way to get to Jaejoong, but by doing so, with the mess they'd caused, they elicited the slid off, and later blocking of the entrance.
 
- We blocked the only source of oxygen there was, in our way in.
 
He sentenced.
It crossed his mind, this "fate" issue. What was this ty fate, if it let them get to Jaejoong, only to throw them into the arms of death?
 
- We can meet... - Changmin asked himself, aloud, - but we can't be together?
- No. Nono, you can't think like this, Changmin-ah - Yunho told him, with a firm voice. - I'm going to find an exit.
- Actually, you can't - Changmin smiled, bitterly. - To maximize the oxygen reserves we have, I'll have to seal the "cage" with us inside.
 
And that was like a death sentence. 
Changmin explained more in detail, his hyungs were speechless.
 
- This huge space is consuming a lot of our oxygen. By sealing the "cage", I'll reduce the space in which I'll release our oxygen reserves (and they are very few, I'm telling you), so neither of us will be able to go out - Changmin finished, lowering his head, sighing. - You chose, Yunho-hyung.
 
They had no option, really. Yunho looked at s, and they agreed in silence.
 
- Seal it.
 
It was a very sad vision. Metallic, armored curtains fell down, sealing the cage, orchestrated by Changmin, in the control cabin. Fortunately, the storage room, although not reinforced as the graphics showed, was within the margin of the sealed area, so they still had access to it.
 
Yunho wondered himself if he had done enough.
 
Yoochun found him, sitting alone in a corner, with his hands together under his forehead as he leaned forth. He was praying.
 
- Come eat with us, hyung.
- I'm coming.
 
The members had stretched a blanket on the floor, and displaying all they had found in the storage room, they ate just like any day. He thought it was a good picture to remember forever, just like a family, eating together, without worries.
Jaejoong patted his lower back as he sat next to him, giving him his support.
 
- I'd like. So much - Jaejoong giggled, - so much, to have beer at this moment.
 
Yunho thanked him in his heart, he was smiling and trying to be cheerful, brightening the other's hearts. 
 
- Mm! Hyung! - Yoochun raised his eyebrows. - You're not gonna believe this.
 
He stood up and went to fetch his bag.
 
- You're lying! - Jaejoong laughed out loud.
 
From his bag, Yoochun got several cans that looked like...
 
- Whaaat? - Yunho yelled.
- Is it beer? - Changmin asked, looking at everyone, as if they knew.
- Seriously! - Yunho laughed. - When asking for a light or something that's useful, you give me a- a- - Yunho stuttered.
- A ty flashlight - Changmin laughed, completing Yunho's sentence.
- A very ty one at that! And you just come up with beer?! Beer!
- Hahaha. I got it at the bar. I thought, listen to me. I thought - Yoochun explained himself. - If we're going to welcome hyung, we have to do it with beer - he tried to keep a serious face, but laughed afterwards.
 
Days like this, they were already longing for. If they had a bit of time on their hands, they'd repeat this moment over and over. 
As Changmin went upstairs to his cabin (it was his by now), he thought the room was so silent. His hyungs were chatting downstairs. Yunho and Jaejoong were apart, next to the vaults, telling each other all those things they wanted to keep up with, and Yoochun and Junsu were lying on the blanket, also talking. So it wasn't an absolute silence, but it looked like there was sound missing.
 
He suddenly remembered they were singers after all. He wanted to bring back memories and so many songs came to mind. So many songs, from the past. And the feeling each brought too.
 
A beeping sound alerted him, and he checked their oxygen levels. It was in red numbers again. Soon, they'd start feeling tired.
 
- How is it? - Junsu asked Yoochun. - To die from lack of oxygen?
- I imagine it'll happen gradually. And it will be like...
- Like falling asleep?
- I hope so...
 
When Changmin went back downstairs, Jaejoong had something to say.
 
- During preservation, and later recovery, I woke up here, at this center, I don't know how much time ago, but I do remember I heard there's an empty vault - he turned around to the wall he had behind. - It's right there, the last one.
 
Yunho went next to it and opened it. A tubular capsule dettached from the wall, with the vault's lid staying at the tip, while hissing in the process. After dettaching, the capsule's lid hissed, and opened, revealing the inside.
 
But their members were clueless. If it was what they were guessing, they didn't want to do anything with it.
 
- There's room for one person here - Yunho explained, after what Jaejoong had told him. - I imagine it's equipped with technology that's able to preserve a person's body for a long time. 
- No - Junsu said, immediately.
- I just thought - Jaejoong began, - you should know. 
- I pass - Yoochun said firmly, deciding even before his hyungs explanation.
- There's no way you're going to make me choose that, hyung.
- Okay - Jaejoong nodded. - Okay. No problem.
 
Him and Yunho had already decided that they wouldn't use it. But they left it open. Just in case. 
 
- I'm feeling tired... - Yoochun whispered, as he went to sit elsewhere.
- I... - Changmin pointed out at his back, to the cabin, - I'll activate the reserve... - he said, nervously.
- Go ahead - Yoochun encouraged him.
- It's our last reserve - he reminded them, in a dark tone of voice.
 
s turned to look at him.
 
- We understand - Jaejoong tried to ease him. - We understand, Changminnie.
 
In a moment, they felt better again, fresh air running through the place, and Changmin prepared himself to leave the cabin one last time. He wasn't that much of a dreamer, and rather really practical, so he knew he wouldn't come back to that control cabin ever again.
 
He closed the door, and went next to his hyungs.
 
One would've thought that, by doing nothing, and staying there, lying, thinking in good, past memories, time would go by slowly, however, it soon came to them, the realization they were just around the corner, to see something eternal.
 
Or not.
 
- ...maybe a few hours... - Changmin mumbled.
- Stop counting - Yunho asked him, not because of him, but for his own good.
 
It was a good advise, since his anxiety was raising up at moments. As he saw s began to feel uncomfortable in their positions. Little by little, they had gathered in the cozy blanket, until they were resting on it.
 
Changmin had found a warm and comfortable space between his hyungs, while Jaejoong didn't want to lay down, just as Yunho. Junsu was already enjoying Yoochun's leg that served him as a pillow, something that would've bothered him in other time. Yoochun was now okay with it.
 
No one said it, but they began to feel tired, gradually, very gradually.
 
Their shoulders first, then their eyelids felt heavy, and after a moment, dizziness. 
 
- Are you comfortable? - Yoochun asked Junsu, his voice almost craking. He caressed Junsu's hair to see his face better.
 
But he only nodded, frowning as he battled his tears.
 
- Changmin-ah? - Yoochun looked at the youngest, who stared at the ceiling with his big, pretty eyes, afraid of closing them, but the truth was, he felt sleepy already.
- I'm okay.
 
Jaejoong wiped his nose, very subtly so no one noticed. That would make s only sadder. He thought if there was something he wanted to tell the members, and he came up with a couple of things.
 
Did they know he loved them? Yes, they knew. Jaejoong felt like... if he spoke, he might brake their will.
 
- Chajatta - he whispered, more to himself, than the rest.
 
They stopped thinking clearly, as Yunho's head got lower and lower, in his sitting position. Yoochun caressed Junsu's hair from time to time, and in a moment, he didn't respond anymore. Tilting his head, Yoochun tried to call him, without disturbing the others, he felt pretty tired himself. Junsu had gone sleeping already.
 
Tears streamed down his face, but no one noticed, because they were almost there too. Yoochun's head fell to one side after a moment, and Yunho's also. Jaejoong felt as Changmin's hand (he hadn't realized he was holding), lost its grip around his.
 
- Chang... minnie? - he whispered, his voice almost mute.
 
And his head fell forward, jumping right after, not wanting to give up. But then again, he had no energy left, no air to breathe in. His back arched, he bent over slowly, feeling he was where he had no control anymore, but it was peaceful, nonetheless. Peaceful, quiet, tranquilizing, welcoming.
 
 
 
 
 
- Oh.
 
Jaejoong sat straight, and thought of something, suddenly.
He tried to stand up, but stumbled, and fell on his knees, unable. He tried again and stood straight. He regained control and grabbed Changmin by his arms. 
He wasn't in a position to whine over what he was going to do, so he carried it on.
 
He dragged him a few centimeters until he realized he couldn't. He wasn't able.
 
- Changmin.
 
He made a huge effort to drag him out of the blanket. But then he fell, due to the effort and stood there, catching his breath.
 
- Yunho - he called. - Yun. Ho. Help. Me.
 
He dragged Changmin even when he was on the floor. 
 
- Yunho, help me - he sobbed, noisily. - Yunho...
 
With his feet on the floor, he pushed hard, moving Changmin a few centimeters more, sweat covering his face. 
 
- Yunho, please... - Jaejoong begged. - Yunho, help me, please... - Yunho! - he cried out. - Yunho...! 
- Ah! - Yunho opened his eyes and looked everywhere. - What?
 
He saw Jaejoong, and ran to help him out. He grabbed his hand, making him stand up, and together, they carried Changmin next to the preservation vault, knowing his intentions already.
 
- I don't care he didn't want to - Jaejoong said, as he let go of his feet. - I know, and I'm sure of it, everyone would agree...
- I know- Yunho supported him.
- ...Changmin should go in. 
 
His heart couldn't take it. He was the youngest of them all. He could still live.
Jaejoong turned around to open the capsule's lid, and left it prepared to receive Changmin's body. When he turned around, the boy's body was gone.
 
- Eh?
 
He looked everywhere, and there was nothing.
 
- Where is he?
 
But Yunho just stared at him, with sad eyes.
 
- WHERE IS HE? - Jaejoong panted.
 
He had him in his arms just seconds ago. Yunho just stared at him. He was feeling sorry for Jaejoong. He looked at the blanket, where Changmin was, in the same place, where he had fallen asleep. Jaejoong was by his side, grabbing his hand.
 
- Haa - Jaejoong gasped. 
 
And he came to realization.
 
- ...Am I dreaming? - he asked Yunho in front of him.
- Probably - Yunho replied, in a sad tone of voice.
- I fell asleep...
 
He looked at both, Yunho and him on the blanket, Yoochun, Changmin and Junsu, sleeping peacefully. It was very calm and quiet.
In his body he could still feel the warmth coming from s.
 
So welcoming, it felt like home.
 
 
 
 
 
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
News on TV talked nothing but that issue. 
 
...after the first batch of "recovered" patients, two decades ago, we heard of some heartbreaking stories that today seem to... ...townspeople warned the authorities of the tresspassing of foreigners into the facility which had been... ...has decided to start working on the rescue of the preserved patients tomorrow, as they are in perfect condition... ...the removal of material will take two weeks... ...only thanks to the intrussion of these foreigner boys that... ...preserved patients will be transferred to a new recovery center within... ...not enough information about the young boys... ...we talked to one of the rescuers...
 
- As the graphic shows, we were able to sneak in through the facility's sewer system. This way, we got to "the pool". Our team was ready to perform a wide search, but we found them really quickly, because they were in the same area. When I saw them, they looked like puppies, sleeping one on top of the other, you know, like, when you see puppies sleeping, but when we found them...
 
The man broke, and his voice cracked.
 
- ...they were already gone. It was touching. To see them like that - he finished.
 
...were found inside of... ...apparently, due to lack of air... ...circumstances that led this group of five people to... ...still under investigation whereas... ...identities remain unknown... ...more news in an hour...
 
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A soft breeze blew from the west, and caressed his face, his bangs tickling in his forehead. The fresh air got him out of his somnolence and as he sat straight, he ruffled his hair.
 
Automatically, his hand trespassed the window frame, just to feel the wind in his opened hand, the freshness, and coolness of the outside world. It was a very pleasant, and also nostalgic atmosphere.
 
- Kaze ni na~tte...
 
In the seat right next to him, the driver turned to look at him, and even though Jaejoong didn't meet his eyes, he knew Yunho was smiling.
 
- Kaze ni natte? - Jaejoong asked, confused. - Kaze ni... na~tte... 
- You forgot the lyrics? - Yunho giggled.
- Wasurenaide Jaejoong~ - Jaejoong sang to himself.
- Aahh, Jaejoongie~ Don't forget - Yunho scolded him, jokingly. - Do not forget.
- I know, I know - Jaejoong joined him in light giggles and embarrassment.
 
Protests came from the rear, especially from Changmin.
 
- Could you just... stop? You're being too sweet.
- Really - Yoochun supported the youngest, turning into his accomplice. - You are a little too much - he joked, exchanging glances with Changmin.
 
"...while the preserved patients are in perfect condition, the whereabouts of the young foreigner boys is unknown... we have the words of the rescuers team leader next... when we found them... they were already gone, it was touching, to see them like that, together until the end... we hoped the worst, but it seems help came in right on time... where are they?... they received medical treatment and were discharged after a day or so, and they just... disappeared... thanks to them we could find the preserved patients that were still inside the facility, when everybody assumed..."
 
Jaejoong turned off the radio, they had listened to those news all day long.
 
- It's too early to be famous again - Changmin stated, as he played with his pocket computer, which had regained its signal after the rescue.
- What are you doing there? Junsu asked, curious, taking a peek over Changmin's shoulder.
- Mind your own business! - Changmin hid the display from him, as he typed and typed.
- Hyung, you wanna take this exit - Yoochun warned him, when they passed a sign.
- Here?
- Where are we going? - Jaejoong asked, trying to spot the sign, unsuccessfully.
- You'll see~ - Yunho .
 
The wind blew as they entered the city.
 
- Oh! You're not gonna believe me, but I see Cassiopeia! - Jaejoong stated, grabbing his hair, in fake despair.
- Where??
- Haha. You fell for it! 
- Changmin stay still! - Yoochun jumped, when the youngest felt the urge to hit his hyung.
- Well, I saw it okay? But I lost sight of it.
- Liar~
- Usotsuki~
- Hahaha! - Jaejoong mocked them all.
 
It was midnight when they arrived. Jaejoong thought the air was familiar when they stopped and got out of the car. There were lights far, very far away, like the core of a really big city, but where Jaejoong was standing had nothing to offer him, to his eyes.
 
- Come on.
 
A hand patted his , making him angry. All of them knew he didn't like to be hit in the , so it was probably Yunho, the mischievous child. 
 
They ran like children through the tall grass until they stumbled with a fence. Yunho jumped over, and the rest followed.
 
- I can't see a thing! - Jaejoong laughed out loud.
 
Turning the flashlight on, Yunho called them. Junsu had troubles to climb up, according to Yoochun "because of his big ", and Jaejoong had to receive help from someone to get to the other side. Changmin was the closest to him, but he "kindly" gave way for Yunho to do so.
 
- Haha! - Jaejoong's laughter filled the place. - Where are the flying cars? This is the future - he asked to s, hyper. - Where are the flying cars? Zoom!
- There are no flying cars, hyung - Changmin replied. - And there are no robots either.
- What?! No robots?! Total letdown, let's go back to sleep for another fifty years.
- No, thanks.
 
They didn't know where exactly they were stepping, but led by Yunho, they crossed hallways, trespassed barricades, went upstairs and ended up in dark corridors that guided them through.
 
- Is this a dream? - Junsu asked, fearing it was like it happened to Jaejoong: that they were on that blanket still, while having a peaceful dream.
 
Changmin pinched his arm.
 
- Aahhgh! Changmin! - Junsu tried to smack him, but the boy ran away.
- Hyung, they say if someone pinches you and it hurts, you're not dreaming. I'm trying to help - he laughed evily, looking protection next to Yoochun as they walked towards a light at the end of the passway. - Besides... seriously, this can't be a dream, I have better things to do than dreaming about guys.
 
Jaejoong's laughter exploded again, and they finally arrived. Somewhere.
 
The lights came from a cabin next to a huge block of stone, with names carved into it, but they were enough to watch and admire what was at their feet: the ruins of Tokyo Dome.
 
- Oh god! - Jaejoong went down stairs almost running, completely excited, and everybody followed him.
- Jaejoong-hyung!
 
Suddenly, Yunho's flashlight turned off, and there were noises of someone hitting the ground, when they reached the flatness of the base.
 
- Ah! Who's there?! - Junsu asked, because had fell on top of him.
- There's a stage! I wanna sing! Let's have a concert! - Jaejoong jumped, and tried to find the way in to the area in which there should be a stage. - I wanna have- Let's go!
- Calm down, calm down! - Yunho eased him.
 
They heard him smacking the flashlight, but it didn't work.
 
- I wanna go up there!
- There's no stage, calm down, hyung!
- I saw a small stage from up there!
- I think this way... - Changmin tempted a staircase hid behind a false wall.
- Let's go - Jaejoong said, hyper, and they heard him go upstairs.
- Wait! Come back here! - Yunho asked him. - Come here. Members here. 
- Oh. right - Jaejoong went back in his steps and looked for the members, touching their bodies as if he owned them.
 
He got smacked twice for the insult, though.
They gathered in a circle, and put their hands together at the center.
 
- Come on.
- Tohoshinki, fighto! - everybody yelled. - Let's brake the stage!
- Yoooooshh!
- Wooohooo!
 
They were careful not to trip, or fall, and they occupied the stage, feeling that sensation of nervousness when performing in front of thousands of people. Butterflies in their stomachs.
 
- Haa... how nostalgic... - Jaejoong sighed, delighted by the atmosphere.
- I think I heard something. Do you have a proper light? - Junsu asked Yunho.
 
The leader smacked the flashlight again, just in case, but nothing happened.
 
- I think I forgot to recharge the batteries? - Junsu confessed.
- Arghh, Junsu! - everybody whined.
- Do you think this place is haunted? - Junsu's voice sounded scared.
- Are you scared of ghosts, Junsu-chan?
 
Jaejoong's scandalous laugh filled the night, because it was Changmin calling him that.
 
- Hahaha! "Junsu-chan."
- Really! There are five of us! You could well have recharged it! - Junsu whined.
- No excuses, Junsu-chan.
- Hyung, you too? - Junsu asked, hurt.
- I'm not "hyung". Watch where you're touching.
- HAHAHA - Jaejoong's scandalous laugh again, untamed.
- Oh. I heard something too! - Yoochun alerted them, serious.
 
Everybody shut and remained silent, listening to the night.
 
- Arrghh. Jinjja! When I say there's something you don't believe me but if it's Yoochun, then it's... - Junsu got muffled by someone, probably Yoochun.
 
And they kept listening to the night. Still.
The wind blew, refreshing them. They were very alert of their surroundings, but they couldn't see a thing in the dark. 
Suddenly, a very subtle crack.
 
- There.
 
Yoochun announced.
 
And the sound of voices went to their ears, like whispers in the night. Footsteps, breathing. People.
 
- They caught us? - Jaejoong whispered, and they came closer together.
- We shouldn't be scared - Changmin stepped forth, his voice mysterious. - I see Cassiopeia.
 
And he smiled, as red lights everywhere. Junsu gasped in awe, as they watched dozens of red dots turning on here and there, spreading the light throughout the closest terraces, and right next to their stage.
 
- Oh my... - Jaejoong couldn't finish his sentence, as his eyes got teary.
- Really? - Yoochun whispered.
 
They watched how the lights came closer together, when they recognized each other as equals, and gathered to form a really pretty red ocean of around a hundred people. Changmin moved among s, grabbing them by their arms and relocated them. They were in such shock, they hadn't noticed they were aligned just like in the old times, until Changmin went to his spot, between Jaejoong and Yunho.
 
- How did they...? - Yunho asked himself.
 
At the other end of the five people line, Junsu stepped forward to look at Changmin, wondering what he had been doing with that pocket computer of his.
 
- Was it you? - he asked him directly.
 
But he just smiled, thinking they wouldn't be complete, and there would be no Dong Bang Shin Ki without Cassiopeia.
 
- I'm very... very touched - Jaejoong told the mass next to the stage.
 
Some of them were crying, and others were smiling, and shaking their lighsticks. Jaejoong saw japanese fans, korean fans, foreigners, and even boys! Their favorite fans. 
 
- Are you well? I feel like I've met a dear friend to me, someone I hadn't seen in a very long time. I'm guessing you know who... we are - Jaejoong giggled, his eyes sparkly, hessitating about talking to that people. 
- There he goes, being the MC again - Changmin whined.
- Go ahead, please, Changmin, say something, go ahead - Jaejoong wiped his tears, before they were too notorious.
- I just wanna ask you to... please listen to us sing - Changmin bowed shortly, and asked Yunho to talk.
- Hello, we are Tohoshinki, and...
- I don't believe it... - Jaejoong whispered to Changmin, who was the closest one to him, he just smiled shyly.
 
The audience cheered for him and applauded. Someone moved the lights that illuminated the cabin and directed them towards the stage, everyone cheered again.
 
- Tohoshinki are... - Yunho continued, pointing politely at s, - Junsu, Yoochun, Jaejoong, Changmin, and leader Yunho, please listen to us.
 
They weren't even prepared for it, but just with one glance and two words, they chose to sing one of their japanese ballads that would go well with their voices only.
 
- For a bright new start: Begin.
 
And as soon as Yunho announced it, Changmin began snapping his fingers for the beat. Jaejoong and him smiled at each other brightly.
 
They had a rough start, though, trying to find each one's tone, but after they began, their harmonization dazzled everyone, and those who were not crying until then, did so, and in a contained sob, listened to the five beautiful voices filling the night become one.
 
It was amazing that everyone still remembered their parts, the emotion they always put into this song they loved so much in the past, and now was taking a new meaning.
 
- Hurry, hurry - a girl at the top of the stairs dragged her friend along through the terrace.
- Oh, come on - her friend whined - they don't even have background music! How are they going to sing? 
- Stupid. They are going to be the music. Look.
 
And so, more people gathered at the Tokyo Dome ruins, either because a friend had told them, or they had seen information on the net directly, spreading news of TVXQ reviving.
 
Some of them were so young, in the middle of that crowd, talking how their mums had introduced them to this legendary group formed by 5 people, and thus, became fans.
 
When they finished their song, fans cheered immediately after, hoping they wouldn't stop there, already wanting to hear more of their beautiful harmonization. A few glances, and they had decided to sing a second one, bringing back memoeries of their start.
 
After they proceeded with "Whatever They Say", however, a middle aged man went upstairs and talked to them, awkwardly. He had an overall, and immediately, the fans started to try to warn the five boys he was the the ruins watchman, and Yoochun kind of caught what they were saying, but the man, very shy, just wanted to hand them over microphones, making the crowd unite in an extended "oohh".
Jaejoong opened his mouth, surprised.
 
- Hontou ni?
- Hontou desu ka? - Yunho spoke through his mic and the sound filled the stadium.
- Waaa...! - everyone was very enthusiastic about it.
- What? You're a fan? - Jaejoong asked him through the mic, as the mister stepped back, trying to go down the stage, as he replied shyly.
- Bigeast? Really?
 
Next, the stage lights came to life, probably due to the same mister.
 
- A- Arigatou. We're so thankful - Jaejoong bowed towards where he thought the mister was, but it was difficult to know since, besides from the stage, everything was pitch black.
- We didn't... - Yoochun spoke, looking for support from s.
- We didn't expect this much, really - Yunho finished.
- We are truly thankful.
 
"Oppa, sing Proud!", they heard among the fans.
 
- We have korean fans! - Jaejoong exclaimed, excited.
- Raise your hand if you're korean! - Yunho asked, cheerfully.
 
And a few red lights remained in the mass of people, shaking enthusiastically.
 
- Now raise your hand if you're japanese! - Yunho asked again.
 
And a lot of blue lighsticks everywhere, shaking frantically.
 
- Aahhh... This feels... really, so good - Jaejoong smiled, charmingly. - So, so good, you have no idea.
 
The audience laughed with him and cheered on, as he showed his appreciation towards everyone.
 
- Umm... you want us to sing "Proud"... it's because you must know this episode, right? - Jaejoong spoke in almost perfect japanese. - It's because you know our members - he turned to look at his right and left, - cried that time, right? You want us to cry again, because you like to watch such an ugly scene.
 
The fans laughed, together with the members.
 
- We're not on Budokan this time. But you still want us to cry, right?
 
An extended "yes!" went flying to their ears, and Jaejoong simulated he fainted, and stayed there, on his knees, regretting having asked.
 
- Why...? - he whined. - Why would you want to see such an ugly scene?
- I didn't cry - Changmin defended himself.
- We know - Yoochun replied, nodding. - We know, and... we think, Changminnie...
- You have no heart - Junsu sentenced, making the other laugh, as he tried to stay serious.
- It's not that I don't have heart, but I'm...
- Jaaa, let's sing "Prooouuudd"! - Yunho cut them before their argument extended too much.
 
Automatically, their legs looked for the perfect spot, lining up again, and again, their voices changed the atmosphere, cut the outside world, and the only thing left was Tokyo Dome, even with the flaws in the sound, and the poor illumination and the improvisation, everything, was unimportant at that moment, except for the music.
 
The emotion was present again, of course, and the song had meaning by it's own, and afterwards, in Budokan had acquired a second one, and it was inevitable being dragged to that, however, they were more prepared this time, to give their fans a perfect stage. And it really was. A perfect stage in Tokyo Dome.
 
Their voices reached farther this time, with the microphones and amplification.
 
Turning to look at Yoochun, they joked around, when his part came about, and Jaejoong encouraged him not to cry during it, cheering for him from his spot, which could have been worked, if Yoochun hadn't cracked up this time. He regained his composure, however, and brought the emotion and nostalgia back, his interpreter talent, naturally showing.
 
It was amazing that they didn't have major mistakes, when they hadn't even rehearsed for this. But their enthusiasm was taking them beyond and doing amazing things in such a pretty night.
 
They finished singing and right after continued with another favorite of them. "Doue...", that made the crowd sigh and start crying again, in disbelief. 
For a long time, this would be considered a legendary night. And they were living it.
 
And their faces again, changed drastically, as they prepared to sing Doue. The beautiful voices reaching their fans  in a communion of music. 
The song had acquired a slightly different meaning for fans while they were separated. Why thiese five boys were capable of attracting people's attention with their charm, and talent, and make them fall in love with them?
At some point, it was impossible to leave them. 
These five boys that sang on a stage.
 
 
 
 
 
Through a night, filled with emotions, and nostalgic memories, they were sure, the five, absolutely each one of them were going to cry backstage, longly. 
 
- There must be a last song, right?
 
"Noooo!" the audience protested, shaking their lighsticks.
 
- Eh? - Jaejoong was surprised. - What? You want me to keep singing? You want Jaejoong to lose his voice?
- We're out of practice, you have to understand - Junsu tried to reason with the fans. - We are doing... what we can, right? - Junsu smiled, emotive.
 
But again, an extended "no" roared in the night. Blue and red lighsticks shaking fervently. 
 
- I promise you this, though - Jaejoong started and his eyes threatened with tears.
 
The audience cheered him to keep talking.
 
- I promise you this - Jaejoong repeated, - we won't disappear this time. We promise, as Tohoshinki, and as Jaejoong, Yunho, Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin that... yeah, we will come back to you, start again, and... sing.
- We sing, by the way - Yoochun clarified, even if no one asked him to.
 
Everyone laughed.
 
- So, we... - Jaejoong looked at the sky in search for better words, but he lost his train of thoughts by doing so. - I'm sorry, what was I saying?
- Last song - Junsu reminded him.
- Oh. Last song... I don't know what... - Jaejoong hessitated, - what we should...
- Of course there is! What are you saying?! - Changmin jumped.
- Whaat? - Jaejoong looked clueless. - What? Which song?
 
Changmin scolded him, putting down the microphone, so the fans protested because they were unable to hear. But they watched as Jaejoong covered his face with shame, and laughed hiss off, too apologetic with everyone for having forgotten about it.
 
- Oh. Oh, I see. I see... Ja, our last song...
 
Everyone protested.
 
- For tonight! Okay? 
- Encore, encore, encore! - everyone yelled.
- The encore comes after! - Jaejoong laughed. - Now please listen.
 
Their alignment broke up subtly, as they built a half moon and began harmonizing.
It was definitely more cheerful this time, but for some reason, it was the worst, the most meaningful of them all, so at times, Jaejoong had troubles not to shed any tears, as well as Yunho and Yoochun.
 
Their throats were tired just with these few songs, they knew they were rusty, and would have to work hard to have the stamina and endurance they had before. They certainly knew hard work, and they were good at it. 
 
Thinking about this, as they sang Hug, they thought that now that it was ending, they wanted to repeat it. They'd work hard to go back to their fans, fulfill their expectation, and dream together, united by the music.
 
As they finished, they thanked everybody, and going to the front of the stage, before bowing endlessly (like they did at the end of every concert) at the roaring audience, and before the encore song, they held hands, and raising them towards  the sky, they greeted, like always:
 
- ...This has been Tohoshinki!
 
 
 
 
                                                 
____________________________________________________
 
-- THE END --
____________________________________________________