Yunho

Nameless Story Part. 1

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"No."

Junsu sighed and lowered his head. It was obvious Changmin would be in denial.

"No."

"Changmin-ah."

He wanted to protect Changmin from this pain, but the truth was, he wasn't even shocked by the news. He was quite relaxed. His shovel in his right hand, he leaned against it.

"I saw his tombstone."

"Show me." - asked Changmin, arrogant.

Junsu couldn't believe his face. So relaxed and calmed.

"Show me, hyung."

"What? Now?" - he was so confused. Changmin grabbed their shovels and tossed them in the snow. He walked towards their room, that was two streets away.

"Changmin-ah!" - yelled Junsu as he watched Changmin cross the street. He followed him wondering what was he thinking.

Changmin undid his overall before entering their tiny room, so he could rush things a bit. He looked a bit pissed with the situation. He tossed Junsu's bag to his hyung and rushed down street. Junsu took his overall too and closed the door from outside. He dashed to catch Changmin. He heard him yelling inside the restaurant.

"Ajusshi, I'm taking your car! I'll give it back later!"

"Eh??" - replied the owner, who was in the kitchen.

"I don't care!" - said Changmin as he took the keys from behind the counter.

Junsu followed him without saying a word.

Changmin drove according to his hyung's map directions and a half hour later they were at the cemetery, a very lonely and quiet place.

Beside them, there was no one else there. Feeling like intruders, they'd try to make the least possible noise in the midst of such holy silence.

"I've read about this place..." -said Changmin, his eco reverberating everywhere. - "It's some Memorial Cemetery... Back in the days of the Big Disaster, the world was a mess... Massive deaths made it impossible for countries to have actual tombstones, so memorials like this one had to be built."

Junsu tried to remember the way to that specific hallway, but when they got there, Junsu wanted to stop Changmin, who was so weird and misterious.

"Changmin-ah..."

"It's okay, show me." -Changmin invited him with his hand. But Junsu wouldn't step forward.

He just pointed at something ahead.

Changmin got closer to the huge block and read. It said "Yunho" very clearly. He squatted down, and called his hyung with his hand.

"Come. Hyung. It's okay."

He trusted Changmin so much. His eyes were not lying to him. He walked closer. But he took a deep breath when he looked at the plate.

Changmin sat in the clean floor and looked at the plates in front of him. There were so many. Junsu felt sad with the world losses. He knew it was almost impossible to even find one of the members alive, in that reality. Having Changmin by his side could be considered a miracle, so he felt grateful.

He heard Changmin removing his hand inside his bag. He took out his computer and a cable and looked for something, touching the edge of the silver plate. He found it and plugged his computer in. Junsu frowned wondering what was he planning. The youngest sighed as he typed something.

"Aahh... I like it tidy and organized. As it should be." - mumbled Changmin to himself.

The wind blew from somewhere, sneaking in trough the long corridors. He felt somewhat at peace there.

"Big Disaster indeed... " - mumbled Changmin as he typed - "Our country received international aid back then, I've read, hyung... a lot of countries did. - he sighed and glanced at Junsu, standing up next to him. - "This is only my theory, but I think, hyung... some foreign guy misspelled the name on the plate."

"How would you know?" - Junsu frowned.

"Aside from being romanized, it says here, in the plate data... that his name is Kim Yunho."

The new information hit Junsu hard. Reading from his computer, Changmin added:

"Kim Yunho, family: father, mother, twin brother..."

Changmin's words got lost in the wind. So it was his brother.

"Junho-hyung..." - he stared at the plate with different eyes.

Of course. He was lost and confused the first time he visited the place and overlooked a lot of things.

"Besides... - continued Changmin - why they'd put his plate next to a guy named Yoohwan?" - asked Changmin pointing at the two plates put really close to each other. He pointed at the plate "Yunho" - "Donated by Bigeast" - and then he pointed at the plate with the name "Yoohwan" - "and this from Cassiopeia."

Junsu lowered his head and tears ran down his face. He could cry his brother's death at last. Changmin didn't know how to comfort him, so he just grabbed his hand. Junsu squeezed it to let him know he was grateful for his company.

They stayed there for a long time.

 

 

After such an intimate moment, they returned to the car.

They remained silent for a long time, until sudden worries broke into words:

- Changmin-ah...

The youngest smiled. He knew this was coming, but he didn't want to look at Junsu, so his eyes stayed in the road.

- Your family.

- Aahh, hyung. Do we have to?

The rusty old truck bounced a bit, rattling. Changmin pretended he was very interested in the landscape.

- Yunho-hyung and I were having end of year stages when the Big Disaster struck. I can't remember anything after that.

Junsu was listening carefully.

- My doctors said I've been sleeping for...

- Fifty years. - completed Junsu.

- Right… I had massive organ failure, partially destroyed body and should've died back then. My family signed so I could get in this 'recovery' project and my vitals were 'suspended' until someone could fix me.

Changmin paused a moment. He clenched his mouth and sighed heavily.

- It seems they survived the cataclism, and instead of worrying about themselves, they were thinking about me the whole time. I know this because I stole my record from the Health Center I was in...

- Changmin-ah...

- If I've been granted this gift, I'll just have to take it. I copewith the thought... that it'll take a little longer for us to meet, that's all.

Junsu heard every word with pain. Changmin had been awake from his long dream a year ago, alone in this new world.

- Where are they?

- They died a long time ago also, hyung.

He knew Changmin was very mature for his age in the old days, but he felt his admiration for him grow deeper this time.

Changmin stopped the engine. They had arrived. Junsu startled: he didn't know they were back downtown. The youngest suddenly giggled softly.

- Hyung, how old are you?

- Eh? ...Biological age of twenty... six.

- And how old are you, really? - Changmin smiled and giggled. Junsu got in his game.

- Seventy? ...Something? - Junsu laughed loudly.

- I never thought of saying this, but for the first time you look younger, hyung.

- Couldn't agree with you more.

Both had a good laugh to disipate such sad matters.

 

Changmin took the car back to his owner and got scolded. Junsu took the responsibility as the hyung, and communicated they were going to quit.

- Eh?? Ah, c'mon. Taking the car is not that big a deal, boys. You could even borrow it from time to time if you...

- It's not about the car, boss. - Junsu said.

- We just have to... There are things we can't delay any longer. - added Changmin and seeing that their boss was so confused with the news, they bowed and retired, thanking him for everything. Him and his wife. 

 

 

 

 

The weather changed, giving them sunny days.

- Ahh! I'm feelling ill! - yelled Junsu in the road and sneezed.

They were back in the main road, heading to a train station. They had some info about a Health Center. According to Changmin's investigation, a few months ago, someone had tried to escape from it and based on the description the newspapers gave,  he was sure it was Yunho.

- I'm excited, hyung.

- Aahh... me too, but don't spread it, kay?

They got in the train's car, a rusty old train, with no doors or windows, totally opposite to the fancy one they rode to Japan. There were no seats, and they wondered if it would move.

There were five people riding the train with them.

- Are you sure we're going in the right direction? -asked Junsu, a bit worried.

- Please, hyung. "Very well built young man with Gwangju dialect"? I've read he put up a fight, but he was taken back to the Health Center because...

The train squeaked horribly and began to move. Luckily, the trip only lasted twenty minutes.

- ...he was still recovering from an injury.

Junsu sneezed the whole travel. They got to a place forgotten by god, where only the tall grass prevailed. Grass and sky.

- Follow that path. There's a town over there. - informed them one of their fellow travellers.

- How far? - asked Junsu.

- Maybe fifteen minutes by foot.

- Good luck! - yelled everyone from the train when this one gained speed  again.

- Ah! I'm feeling ill!

Junsu hummed the whole time, until they reached the town.

- Woohoo!!

 

The Health Center was the only big building in the area. It was imposing, compared to the rest of  humble houses and stores.

It was such a cute town: the sky was so blue above their heads. Cotton clouds would pass by and the fresh air would invite them to take a rest, next to the flowing river.

- Ah, I'm excited. - said Changmin and clenched his mouth.

- So I was when I found you. Changmin-ah.

Some kind of emotion began to fill them. They could feel the other's excitement and resolved to get it over with.

They entered and asked to talk with the one in charge. They were taken to the director's office, where they sat and drank something as they talked. They explained the director their situation. The director was a very comprehensive man that nodded a lot. They thought they had gained his sympathy.

- I understand. Unluckily, you got here a bit late. The patient you talk about is no longer with us.

Changmin and Junsu looked at each other briefly with worried faces.

- He left.

- Eh?? He escaped? That punk! - Changmin blurted out.

- Changmin-ah! - Junsu judged him, smiling. Although, their timing was not good, just by hearing the patient was 'doing' something implied he was alive and healthy.

- I never knew his name, but he was very energetic, I recall. He would help in anything he could, inside the facility. That's how he sprained his shoulder. He was stubborn enough to overhear our indications and wanted to go on a trip.

- Ooohh... He's a rebel at heart. Don't mind him. - Changmin was very cheerful listening to the director's story. He was delighted, seeing Yunho in every word he said.

- We had to retain him. - the director sighed - Well... he decided to go, anyway. I'm sorry, but we don't know where to.

Another obstacle for them.

- We know this for sure: Yunho-hyung made a lot of friends here.

He glanced at Junsu, looking for some support.

- We don't know if it's Yunho-hyung.

Changmin stared at the director, very serious.

- Yunho-hyung made a lot of friends. Can we talk to them?

They took their chance to have a decent meal, while talking to the patients that had been friends with this 'misterious' someone.

- I think he said he was going to work on a farm or something after hearing about the job... in town.

- Typical of Yunho-hyung. - Changmin blurted out. - He's workaholic, don't mind him.

- So we're going. - said Junsu with his mouth full.

- You can't. - Junsu and Changmin looked at the patient, so he explained in more detail: - You can't go by foot. It's a bit far and the weather has been changing so much lately. It's dangerous.

- I'm sorry. But this is something we can't… not do. - Junsu said with an apologetic expression after such warnings they just had to overlook.

They departured to an unknown destination. They wished their path was clearer, but the road was subtle, almost invisible.

 

Bad luck hit them past midday. Some grey clouds began to gather over their heads, threatening. Junsu didn't say anything. He looked very tired. 

They walked for hours without saying a word.

- We have to go faster, hyung.

There was no response.

- Junsu-hyung.

- I know.

His voice was weird also.

Instead of worrying, he rushed his pace. Sure Junsu would follow.

- Hyung, are you okay? - Changmin would ask from time to time, turning around just to make sure Junsu was there.

A few drops fell and Changmin stopped to grab their raincoats from his bag.

- You have to wear this. - he walked to Junsu, and he didn't even noticed. - Hyung.

- Yeah, yeah.

Changmin put Junsu his cape and covered his backpack, then his head with the hood. He feared something like that happening, but now it was a bit late to regret it: Junsu was burning in fever.

- Should we rest?

- No. Let's go on.

- Listen to me. If you feel you can't...

Changmin undid one of his bag's straps and wore it crossed by his chest, he put his yellow raincoat on, and handed the undone strap to Junsu.

- Pull it if you need anything, hyung. We must keep this pace.

Junsu didn't answer, but he nodded.

The rain was merciless. Soon, they were walking on the mud. Changmin didn't want to panic, but the conditions were good enough to start to. He heard a noise in the distance. He wondered if it was the rain. Changmin felt something pulling him.

- Eh??

He turned around.

- There's a car coming. - Junsu said with a cracked voice. - And I feel like fainting.

- Eh??

Junsu lost balance.

- Hyung! - Changmin grabbed him by the waist. - Hyung!! Don't do this to me!

The lights and the engine roaring were geting closer. Changmin squatted, to give Junsu a piggy back ride.

- C'mon. C'mon, hyung.

Changmin stretched his arm and flailed at the car.

- Hey!! Hey!!

Junsu never got on Changmin's back. He had passed out already.

 

 

 

 

- What were you thinking, boys? You are very irresponsible for picking up this road under this weather!

- We're sorry, ajusshi. But we had no idea it was going to rain this much. We're not from here. - explained Changmin.

Junsu blinked to get accustomed to the light in the room. It was so hot. He had something wet in his forehead and there was a fire somewhere near. He could feel its warmth.

- Have to... deliver...

Changmin was drinking something hot in the table, but when he heard his hyung talking nonsense, he got closer to his cozy futon, on the floor. He kneeled down beside him and put his ear next to his face.

- I have to deliver our maknae in Yunho-hyung's hands safely... - he mumbled.

- Are you awake? Hyung?

- He's delirious from fever. Take him to a hospital.

They wouldn't go to a hospital, he knew.

The old man let them stay. He had to go looking for his animals , now that the rain had ceased a little, so he left 'responsible Changmin' in charge. The youngest could only wait his hyung's fever go down. He sat and waited at the table.

He didn't see any clock, so he checked his computer. He saw he had received mail. He would read a lot, so he would receive a lot of news in his device.

As soon as Junsu woke up, he sat. He sighed heavily and rubbed his face with both hands. He removed the blanket and stretched his legs. He got up and put his dried pants on. After getting dressed, he went to the bathroom and washed his face. Changmin stared at him, walking around the tiny cabin. Junsu grabbed his bag and wore it. He sighed.

Without saying a word, he opened the main door and got out.

- Hyung! Where are you going? - jumped Changmin.

Changmin saw he was wearing his bag, so he ran to look for his and followed him.

- Hyung.

- I'm feeling better now. - said with a hoarse voice.

- You're being more stubborn than him! Hyung! - Changmin was trying to catch him. - Let me check your fever.

- No!

- Hyung!

Changmin rushed his pace, and as soon as Junsu noticed, he began running.

- Hyung!

- No!

The gap between them widened, so they had to yell to each other, in the middle of nature. They were like this for a long time. Even if he was sick, Junsu had a never ending energy.

- I'm going to go there and tackle you!

- I said I'm fine!

Junsu tripped and fell. He was far away from Changmin, so this one couldn't see if he had really tripped, or if he had fainted again.

- YAH!

He was mad at his hyung. He ran towards him. The wind was so fresh in his face. He slowed down and walked to check Junsu. He squatted down facing him and grabbed his face with both hands: he was burning just like before. That got him so mad that he punched him in the stomach.

- Ouch, Changmin-ah. -whined Junsu, shrinking.

- You're getting on my nerves. I'm warning you.

Changmin sat on a rock nearby and let Junsu kneeling down in the middle of the road. They were far away from the cabin, far away from town, he didn't know if they were far away from the farm either. Junsu's condition was no game. He looked everywhere, trying to find a hint that they were getting closer to their destination.

- Changmin-ah...

- Don't talk to me, hyung! - he yelled at him over the wind, really pissed.

Junsu was still kneeled down in the middle of the road.

- I have this feeling... - continued Junsu.

Changmin sniffed. His nose was running with all that cold. He put his hands inside his jacket pockets.

- That if we don't keep moving... hyung's trace is going to vanish...

Changmin sighed. He shook his head, got his hands out of his pockets and stood up.

- Come, I'll take you.

The youngest offered to give him a piggy ride.

- We should've stolen a car. - Junsu said as he wrapped his arms around Changmin's neck.

- Oh, no, hyung. I can steal a record, borrow a car for a while, and brake into an abandoned building, but stealing a car is too much. - whined Changmin - I've become an outlaw these past months, and I'm afraid you hold great responsibility.

They advanced very slowly.

- I wanna go home. - said Junsu, feeling like he was going to faint again. He didn't say it, though.

- That's where we're going.

Changmin was physically strong, and Junsu's weight was not a problem, if he didn't have to take him all the way.

They advanced through the road, slowly.

Junsu felt like vanishing, so he grabbed Changmin tightly, or he would fall.

- I'm going to kill you if you do that again.

- I'm sorry. - Junsu apologized - I feel dizzy. - he softened his symptoms. - Put me down.

- Are you going to puke??

Changmin let go of Junsu and as soon as he touched ground he lost balance and fell.

- Hyung!

He remained sat in the middle of the road and laughed bitterly.

- I'm sorry for making you go through all this... Changmin-ah...

The youngest hated to be in that situation, wishing he would have a hyung by his side, not feeling capable enough, but he hated even more that Junsu was apologizing for getting them there in that state he was.

- Shut up and keep walking.

Junsu coughed soundly at the windy silence. Changmin put his hands in his waist and sighed heavily. He was tired, but he could take Junsu in his back a little longer.

Some drops fell down.

- Aaahhh, noooo....  - Junsu blurted out to the heavens, his nose was blocked, so his voice came out funny.

The thoughts swarmed Changmin's head: they had to go back.

- We have to go back. - he said, blunt and quick.

Rain drops became heavier as Junsu sighed. He was going to protest.

- Hyung will go away. I know.

Some other thoughts broke into Changmin's mind: take him by force.

- Hyung...

- He didn't hear me calling his name. He was going out from the building.

The rain fell, abundantly, but Junsu didn't move, he was barely sitting on the ground.

- I was chasing his car when mine crashed. I had to tell him something really, really important... It wasn't anything in particular... but I needed to tell him something.

Changmin's eyes were sparkling in the surrounding darkness they were in from the thick clouds. It looked like it was night already.

- Let's go, hyung.

He helped Junsu to stand up and grabbing him by the waist, they walked together, slowly, soaking wet, and without taking their eyes off from the horizon.

Changmin didn't put their coats on this time. He felt like giving up. He didn't say it out loud, though. Luckily, rain drops could be easily mistaken with tears. (X)

Kono machi de... meguri atta

- Please, not now, hyung. Don't hum. Not. Now.

Ima mo wasurenai yo
Ano hi kara..

- I'm not. - said, in a whisper, Junsu. - Your bag's humming, Changminnie.

Junsu, delirious,  would've been so funny in any other circumstance. He could feel his heat even with the cold rain streaming down.

- Your bag. - Junsu repeated. He could barely speak.

In the middle of the darkness, his eyes dintinguished some light coming from behind him. The he remembered: he had received mail.

- I don't wanna hear it. Turn it off.

- I don't wanna hear it either, hyung...

It was so painful, in the middle of that darkness, without knowing where they were heading. Why in the world, such timing...

- But I can't take it out, or it'll get wet. - he's eyes sparkled in the night, listening to his hyungs'voice.

-  Turn it off, please. - Junsu asked, his voice barely audible.

Changmin clenched his mouth and kept walking, as he listened to his hyungs sing. Their voices were painful in his ears and heart, but he felt stronger.

Takusan no... Kanashimi toka
Kakaeta fuan subete wo
Kimi no nukumori de

- Ahh... the stars... Changminnie...

Junsu tripped and Changmin had to keep him from falling.

- You're hallucinating, hyung. The sky is pitch black. There are no stars tonight.

- Look, Cassiopeia.

Junsu pointed at the far distance, and Changmin startled: there were lights.

- ...That's not the sky.

Grabbing Junsu firmly, he carried him under his arm and walked faster. Junsu moaned and protested, but Changmin felt so relieved, he didn't care.

Proud of your love...

As he got closer and closer to the sparkling lights, these disappeared.

He let go of Junsu, looking straight ahead, at the complete darkness.

- There's a hill... We'll have to round it.

- We can climb it. - proposed Junsu, he coughed loudly.

- No. No way, hyung. It's slippery.

Changmin thought of something.

- I'm going to round it and bring some help, okay? You wait here. You-wait-here. Hyung. You wait here. - he said it with a serious-to-death-face, grabbing his arms firmly, because Junsu didn't seem to pay enough attention.

Junsu felt his feet get wet.

- Eh??

He looked at the road, and it was flooding with water. The rain became heavier. And the water reached his knees.

- Changminnie... the water... - he raised his head.

But Changmin was running far, far away. The youngest waved at the distance, and suddenly, the ground opened under his feet, and Changmin disappeared in a second.

- Changmin-ah!! - his voice wouldn't come out.

A lot of people walked by and looked down, but no one helped Changmin. The water was flooding the road, so he went up the hill.

- Changmin-ah!! Someone help him!! - his voice had no sound at all.

The people kept passing by, looking down, to the giant gap in the ground. He went furtherup the hill, and saw some lights at the other side.

- I have to give Changminnie intact to our leader... - he mumbled in a whisper.

He felt like fainting and laid down in the grass.

- Junsu-hyuuung!! - he heard over the rain noise. Very distant.

- Eh??

 

- He's delirious from fever!! He has a fever!!  Watch it!! - Changmin's voice came from somewhere over the wind.

A tall figure appeared at the top, extended his arm towards him, and offered him his hand: long fingers and a mole.

- Junsu-yah, take my hand!!

The rain blurred his sight.

- I'm your hyung, show some respect... Changme... - said Junsu but no sound came out.

- Junsu-yah!!

- Mm?

Junsu patted his hand and feeling relieved, he finally fainted. He was so hot, it was unbearable.

 

 

 

 

 

Someone was talking next to him.

- Come.

- Hyung...

He recognized Changmin's voice when he regained some consciousness. It cracked and was very sentimental, as if he was about to cry.

- Let him sleep. Come.

But he knew that voice also.

Junsu frowned and opened his eyes. He was back inside a futon in the floor, only this time his fever wasn't as bad. He grabbed the blanket and removed it so he could have more space. It was hot, so he sat to have a bit of air run through his back. The door beside him creaked as it closed, partially. Voices sneaked out so he crawled out of bed and stood up to take a peek.

 

He could see a hallway behind the door. A narrow hallway. Changmin was leaning back in the wall, his eyes were sparkling, teary as he sighed heavy, and nervously. The tiny opening didn't allow him to see anything else.

- We have to find them, hyung.

Changmin's glare was so intense. He swallowed so he could keep talking.

- I miss him more than ever... and I have this bad feeling about him...

- No. Don't say that. - Yunho the youngest's head and got him closer with one arm, fatherly-like.

- I miss his cooking and all-  - said Changmin as Yunho patted his back softly.

The door creaked and Yunho opened it immediately, letting go of Changmin. Junsu revealed himself, his eyes wide open and his sight blurring.

- Hyung... - said Junsu, but he had no voice left. He wiped his eyes as Yunho hugged him tightly, giggling.

- Aahh! Junsu-yah! - his hug was so tight it hurt a little. Junsu wiped his tears, as they streamed down his face, sobbing uncontrollably.

- Hyung.

- It's okay. You don't have to say anything.

Yunho's hugs were very tight, very sincere and protective. He rounded Junsu tenderly. Over Yunho's shoulder, he saw Changmin wipinghis face with his hand.

- Ahh! Yaaah! You're so skinnyyy! - said Yunho, lifting Junsu off the floor for a second. - Both of you! I'm going to cook something, you go to bed! - said Yunho cheerfully to Junsu.

- Ulbo. - accused him Changmin.

- Look who's-  - Junsu tried to reply, but his voice didn't come out.

- Yah! No talking! - Yunho pointed at both as he got out of the room. - As long as Junsu can't speak! - he yelled from somewhere.

- I doubt Junsu-hyung will stay shut. - he tried to be funny with all the emotions he had inside.

Junsu sat in his futon, still wiping his eyes and nose. Changmin kneeled down next to his bed and they stared at each other, clearly thankful. Their eyes said "we made it".

 

- Wait. Hyung. You really cooked this? - asked Changmin half hour later. He was eating on the floor. Junsu would stare at Yunho, checking every feature. He hadn't seen him for so many years. He was the same as always.

- What?? Are you doubting me?? - he asked cheerfully.- Land-lady made it. - he giggled guilty.

- And why don't you have a table? - asked Changmin looking around at the room.

It was a clean room, with white walls. But there was barely some furniture and everything was tidy. A bag was next to the door, on the floor, and there was a coat on top of it.

- Where were you going? - asked Changmin and Junsu got interested.

- I was going to leave. But it rained.

 

They let Junsu sleep, and Changmin went to help Yunho in his duties. The sky was so blue, it was crazy. The birds were chirping everywhere.

Junsu couldn't go back to bed. He followed his two friends from the second story window, and saw Yunho grabbing a shovel and Changmin sitting in the wooden fence.

It was a little farm in the outskirts of a hill. The landscape was beautiful. The fresh air felt so good on his face when he opened the window. He couldn't take his eyes off of Yunho, as if he was some sort of vision.

Changmin and Yunho, outside.

Changmin and Yunho.

 

For how long he wished to see them?

And before his car accident?

For how long?

 

- Farmer Yunho, uh? Farmer Jung Yunho. - mocked him Changmin.

- Hey! You come down here and help me. - smiled Yunho.

- Ahh, hyung. You're built to work in a place like this, you know? - Changmin said as he tilted his head, looking to make eye contact with him. - How have you been, Yunho-hyung?

Yunho stopped after hearing Changmin's tone of voice.

- A bit lonely, to be honest.

- Then, stop running away from everything. - scolded him the youngest.

- Yah! Don't talk to me like that! - Yunho giggled, and grabbed the hose that was at his feet and showered Changmin.

- Ah! I had enough water yesterday! Yah!

Later, they found Junsu sleeping next to the window.

- Ulbo.

Yunho stared at him with eternal care.

- Would you help me? -asked Yunho as he grabbed Junsu by his arms.

- Sure.

Changmin got closer.

- Junsu-hyung!!

He yelled, waking his hyung up. Junsu jumped and opened his eyes.

- Eh??

Yunho sighed and shook his head at Changmin's attitude.

- Come, Junsu-yah.

He helped him go to his bed.

- I don't wanna sleep, hyung. - said Junsu as Yunho checked his fever touching his neck with the back of his hand.

- We could see that. - said Changmin, ironically.

- Don't talk, please. Fever's going down. We don't have hospitals around here, you know? - he said with a serious face, trying to scold him, but Junsu's teary eyes made him sad.

Junsu grabbed Yunho's forearm and didn't let go.

- Ulbo. You're such a crybaby.

 Yunho wanted to make him stop, but Changmin wasn't talking to Junsu. More like, he was scolding himself, as he lowered his head and hid his own tears.

- Don't mind him, Yunho-hyung. He had to suffer twice because he's so distracted. - said Changmin with a hoarse voice as he wiped his face. All the oldest boy could do was his hair. Both were making him really sad.

- You're being too hard on yourself, Changmin-ah.

- No. It's not like that. It's so that I can remember not to go through this again, hyung.

- Eh. I know.

Yunho patted his back and nodded.

- Kwenchana. Eh? Kwenchana. - reassured them Yunho.

He patted Junsu in his forearm, that was covering his teary eyes as he laid back.

 

There wasn't much they could do in Junsu's state, so they stayed in the farm for a couple of days. Changmin told the oldest boy everything they had been through since their meeting.

- You?? Plowing snow? I'd have to see that.

- What are you implying?

 

Since his hyung didn't let him out, Junsu would sit in the second story window to watch them work. He checked Changmin's pocket computer and went through all of the info he had gathered. He had done such a good job.

And he even had hints on their next target. It was painful to watch him on the screen, and even to think something could go wrong. He missed his friend so much.

Then he found the video archive Changmin had received by mail. He didn't dare to watch it, or even listen to it.

- Budokan.

He heard Yunho's voice from outside, getting closer to the house. Changmin was puzzled, behind him. As they cleaned their shoes at the entrance, Yunho continued:

- I'm telling you. Crazy as it sounds.

- What?

- I thought I heard the... Budokan that night, you know, our encore song... I was smoking a cigarrette right here and heard the roaring and chants of that night.

- Budokan. - repeated Changmin, skeptical.

- Yeah... What? You don't believe me?

- Crazy as it sounds, I do believe you, hyung.

- You should be happy. That's how I found you.

They got in the house and ate lunch.

- What was that  "have to deliver Changmin safely in our leader's hands" all about?? - demanded to know Yunho.

Junsu chuckled and felt embarrassed.

- I thought...

His voice hadn't come back, so Changmin spoke for him.

- Agh, he thought he had some duty to fulfill, hyung. Something like giving me back safely, 'just like you left me', fifty years ago. He would think this way only because he's naive.

Junsu waved his hands and shaking his head, asked to not misinterprete such ideas.

- What are you talking about? - asked Yunho, giggling.- We were all having end of year stages. That thing struck and we didn't have a chance. Next thing I knew, we had been put to a beauty sleep for half a century!

The silence broke their conversation.

- It sounds crazy if you tell.

- It is... crazy. - Yunho thought about it. - You've done a great job, Junsu-yah.

Junsu smiled widely as he munched his food. The oldest realized he missed that so much. He wanted to see more of it. Junsu gestured and pointed at himself.

- Praise me more, hyung. - he asked.

- Don't fall for that, Yunho-hyung. I was the one who was preventing getting in trouble all the time. Don't fall for that.

- Mmm! - Junsu waved his hands again and shook his head.

- You made me suffer more than ever, Junsu-hyung! - Changmin raised his voice, pretending to scold him.

Yunho giggled at their childish fight. Suddenly, he felt curious.

- Where were you back then?

- We didn't... - Junsu coughed, but his voice didn't get better. He continued anyways: - We didn't have end of year stages. - he remained shut for a second and added: - Besides... I was already...

- Things turned out a bit different for him. - finished Changmin.

The youngest ones looked at each other, secretively. Changmin understood that Junsu wouldn't want to talk about it and tell Yunho how he ended up where he was.

 

Junsu's voice got better gradually, and in two days, he was well enough to get out of bed.

- Jaa, leader...

He invited Yunho to go out of the house. The oldest boy thought he felt weird being called like that again. Then he corrected his thoughts.

It felt right.

Something in their minds fit in. As if an enormous piece of gear had been put in motion.

They'd call it 'fate'.

 

They walked towards the road, the three boys carrying a bag each. Changmin was typing in his computer.

- Can you check the weather?

- There's no weather forecast nowadays. Just warnings.

Junsu barely could swallow, as he wiped his nose. He repressed another burst of emotions, and kept walking forward, right behind Yunho, who whispered:

- Let's find those two babos.

 

 

__________________________________________

 

Kono machi de... meguri atta

__________________________________________

 

A/N: omg. is it weird that i'm a fan of this story? and fangirl over it?

i'm hysterical.