Chapter: Bittersweet

Red Thread Of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          I open my eyes to see that my surroundings are dark and I couldn’t see anything. Not even a little bit of light. I move my arm over to my side to feel if he was there. The place where he should be and that was beside me. Unfortunately for me, he wasn’t there. There was no sign of him, not even his warmth. I sigh with depression and position myself to sit. Unknowingly, I fell asleep on the bed, our bed, when I kept on waiting for him to come home. He was always late but I thought today was supposed to be an exception. I was mistaken.

          The sun had already set when I woke up and I still sat there in the darkness. It was cold for such a special day. If I knew this would’ve happened then I wouldn’t have worn this floral, blue, off-shoulder dress. 

          I get out of the bed and felt my surroundings, to help me find the light’s switch since I couldn’t see in the dark. Once I found it, I the lights. I wandered around the house to look for him, but there weren’t any signs of him being home. I pulled out a stool from the table and sat on it with my legs and arms crossed. I stared at the door and waited patiently for him. I was imagining the things that would happen when he comes home. The first thing I wanted to do was run into his arms. I smile just thinking about the thought.

          A while later, I hear the sound of the door loudly opening from the kitchen. I beam, certain about who it was that opened the front door. I hurriedly ran to the living room knowing that it would be him. Finally.

“Kim Myungsoo!” I called as soon as I see him enter the house. I grabbed his tie and tiptoed to kiss his cheek. “Where were you?” I asked him taking off his coat and hanging it on the rack. He didn't reply.

“Hey… where were you?” I was quite persistent.

He didn’t answer me again.

“Myungsoo where were you?” I asked him again, waiting for a reply, but instead he gave me an angry look. He was getting angry by the second, I could tell and I had to change the mood fast before our usual routine happens.

“Do you know what today is?” I asked, smiling, hoping he remembers and I’m sure he does. 

“Saturday.”

I froze and chuckled. 

“Close… but really tell me what today is,” I awkwardly smiled, feeling nervous to what is about to happen.

“I told you, it’s Saturday so stop bugging me,” he said and went into the bedroom. 

The usual routine it is then. 

It pained my heart that he doesn’t remember what today was, it's such a special occasion. I followed him into the room where he was changing into his black sweater. 

“What’s with the getup?” he asked as he pulled his sweater down. Again, my heart stopped.

“Do you love me?” I faintly asked. He walked pass me, exiting the room.

“Do I have to answer?” he replied, showing a hint of being irked.

"Then do you hate me?" I asked again. "Which is it?"

He shrugged his shoulders and glanced at me. “Aren’t you tired of this?” 

“More th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter