(95) Chroma

Review Portfolio
Please log in to read the full chapter
Chroma

 

Title (10/10)

Absolutely outstanding! I seldom see a title that befits a story as perfectly as this one does and I am unbelievably impressed.


 Plot (30/35)


       Originality (4/5)

You have a very interesting plot here. I was intrigued from the moment I read the foreword and as I read on, my interest grew then out of nowhere, BAM! I have not a doubt in the world that every single reader that came across this story was most certainly taken aback by the plot twist. Another thing, the way Jongin really thought out the murders such as burning Chanyeol’s house (?) down because he had a fiery personality was really quite excellent. That is, the idea, of course, not the action itself! The horror~ However, there’s just something about this story that seems so familiar to me; I feel like I’ve read many stories wherein there’s a lonely protagonist who turns out to be a psycho or maybe it’s the fact that Jongin casually yet shockingly murders everyone including, most notably, the one he supposedly loves. Either way, I found the plot amazing but somewhat hackneyed in a sense.


       Believability (8/10)

I reread the story a couple of times in order to properly critique the believability of this plot yet it still proved to be quite a bit of a challenge. I would say that the only thing that made me wonder if that could be right was how Kyungsoo was supposed to be travelling the world but then Jongin managed to get a hold of him to take him boating and /conceals sob within a cough/ we already know the rest. Furthermore, you mentioned that Jongin sometimes makes small incisions in Luhan’s beautiful corpse to extract blood for using in his painting but I recall learning from an episode of “Sherlock” that corpses don’t bleed. Anyway, other than the CSI-related stuff, Jongin’s struggle to thrive in an isolated world was realistic and relatable.

 

       Narration (10/10)

Can we have a standing ovation here please? I am truly speechless here because from beginning to end, your narration was wonderful; you were storytelling yet giving us a very detailed view of Jongin’s mind. I particularly liked the last sentence. ♥


       Setting (8/10)

The setting wasn’t an extremely important aspect of your story and for this

Please log in to read the full chapter