The start of the end

100 days

School is back, and I'm trying to get back into it, and I hope I'll have more time soon to write and post more frequently when I get into the drill of things! 
But thank you so much for waiting and commenting, it was also a big boost to finally get another chapter up. 
This is just the start of things, but I hope you like it regardless, thank you! ( This has been crossposted to both my tumblr and my Ao3 )


100 days left

The first day is always the hardest, the most crucial. Because as they say; first impression is everything. Especially in Yoongi's line of work. As Yoongi has taken some dance lesson both before and after he became a reaper, he thinks the easiest way to blend in is to join Jimin's dance team. ( Also his experience shows that the easiest and fastest way to get close to a client is with a group setting.) So he shows up at practice. Jimin is already warming up in the left corner with Jungkook.

He quickly looks over the rest of the people present, it isn't that many, around 8 Yoongi would say.

A guy with a big smile plastered on his face and with a headband to force his wild black hair away from his face makes his way towards the entrance where Yoongi is standing.

' Yo! You here to try out for our group or something?' he asks. His smile still as wide. Yoongi only nods in responds.

' Alright! I'm Hoseok, and I basically took on the responsibility of leading this group. So if you could show us something you prepared, that would be great. That way we'll know what level you're on and if you can actually keep up with us you know!' Hoseok winks and his enthusiasm almost startle Yoongi.

Yoongi pulls out his CD without saying anything and puts it into the player.  Soon after the beats start pouring out of the speakers, and Yoongi starts to move. He is a bit sloppy after neglecting practicing for a good while, but he was still decent enough.

He does a short routine he did for a friends song back in the day. It had some explosive moves and it made him show off some of his technical skills in a fairly short amount of time. When the song finishes he's breathing is a little bit heavier than he thought it would be, but oh well that's what he got for not practicing.  

'Not bad, not bad. I think if you just improve your endurance a bit and with the technical help from the rest of us you'd be able to keep up pretty quickly. Or what do you guys think?' Hoseok glances over the rest of the team. A round of applause answers the question.

'Well, let me officially say welcome to the team then..?' Hoseok looks at Yoongi. Yoongi totally forgot he hasn't introduced himself.

' Ooh, Yoongi, and thank you', he answers with a shy smile.

'Step one done'.

----

This Yoongi guy looks familiar somehow to Jimin, but he can't figure out from where. He is really pale compared to Jimin's own honey-like-glow skin. And he looks kind of small and fragile, his tiny frame drowning in his baggy clothes. But Yoongi's eyes are anything but fragile. He has that dark gaze that made you feel intimidated. The kind of gaze that sparkles with determination, and Jimin finds it intriguing.

His dance skills were a little outdated and sloppy in Jimin's eyes, but he has potential. It isn't bad at all. He quickly understands that the sloppiness is due to his lack of endurance. His breath quick and heavy long before anyone else in the room. Yoongi doesn't say much at all, neither does the others during practice really. Mostly it is just Hobi shouting short commands or telling them what they are working on next.

----

Yoongi doesn't speak to Jimin during practice, his brain too exhausted to make up actual conversation topics. But he listens to the others talk and laugh, and he learns that Jimin's voice fits well to his soft round face, as his voice is just as soft and bubbly.

Practice lasts for a never ending 3 hours, and Yoongi can't remember the last time he was this exhausted. Chugging down his 4th bottle of water some drops escapes, running down his throat, following the shape of his Adams apple. The rest of the guys is drying off their sweat and talking over by the CD player, but Yoongi just dropped down where had been standing when they finished.

He closes his eyes, as he feels how his chest rises and falls. How his heart is racing to get enough oxygen around his body. He feels someone sit down next to him but doesn't open his eyes.

' Well done. Pretty good for you first practice with us', Hoseok says even him a little out of breath. 'Just work on the things I told you earlier and you'd ALMOST be at my level.' Yoongi can hear the sarcasm in the others voice. He feels a pat on the shoulder and Hoseok leaves together with the others with a quick 'see you guys again Thursday!' as the door closes behind him.

Yoongi breaths out loudly and falls back. Laying with his arms and legs stretched out on the floor. The practice floor feels nice and cool against his sweaty and warm skin through the damp clothes. He's startled when a voice break the silent sound of Yoongi's breathing.

' Excuse me but have we met before?', the voice is light and nice. ' You look somehow familiar, are you from around here?' the voice continues, and Yoongi finds the voice really comfortable to listen to and keeps his eyes closed as he answers.

' Yeah, I live 3 minutes away from the newly opened Subway north from here, you know it?'

' Oh, okay! You haven't eaten at Jam's Diner by any chance? The one close to the park here?'

' No, sorry I haven't had the pleasure to stop by yet. Though I do pass it every day on my way to work, so maybe you've seen me pass by?' He hear Jimin picks up his backpack, and walks closer to the door.

' Ahh that must be it! Well officially welcome to the team, I need to run. Remember to turn off the lights will you?' Yoongi nods in responds. Jimin's footsteps quickly fades away as they reach the door, and the door closes behind him only to be slightly opened a second later.

' See you Thursday!'

' Bye Jimin', Yoongi slowly voice out as he hear the door shut once more.

---

Jimin almost stops in surprise when he hear his name leave Yoongi's lips as the door closes behind him. He didn't really expect him to know it was him as he hadn't opened his eyes once after training was over. He make his way downstairs, and he can see Jungkook waiting for him outside.

' What took you so long?' Jungkook asks as he reached the streets outside their studio.

' I just thought I'd seen this Yoongi before so I just had to check, and I just politely welcomed him to the team.'

' He still needs some practice though, his steps were sloppy', Jungkook said as he pulls up the hood on his hoodie.

' Aye. What do you say we buy some ramyun and kimbap on the way back huh? I bet Tae will be excited?' Jimin says as they start making their way home.

' I think you can bring him anything he can fill that tummy with and he'd be happy hyung', Jungkook says as he smiles by the thought of their roommate.

' You're right', Jimin replies with a giggle.

---

Yoongi drags his feet the few minutes it takes him to walk from the studio to his apartment. And he can't help but smile when he makes it to his door, only to find a bag hanging on his door handle. He knows what it is without looking inside the bag.

This isn't the first time there is a bag with homemade food waiting for him when he gets home from work. The familiar handwriting on the post-it notes on each container.

He unlocks the door and makes his way inside where he collapses on the couch. He then unpacks the bag and nicely puts the containers out on the living room table.

' We made too much like usual so please eat a lot!'-J

' I didn't burn anything this time! So enjoy, like REALLY enjoy this once in a life time food Hyung!'-N

' Also please remember to get enough sleep, okay? Just because you moved out doesn't mean I can't come over there and kick your to bed! '-J

' Let's meet up soon! Don't exhaust yourself!'-N

Seeing the familiar handwriting has Yoongi remembering that it has been quite some time since he last visited his best friends. He giggles reading the notes as he opens the containers, the smell of food making him realize how hungry he really is after the long work out. He quickly takes a picture of it all, and sends a snap to Namjoon saying thank you.

The food is gone in a flash and Yoongi can feel his eyes getting heavy. So he takes a quick shower and practically falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow.

Tick Tick

98 days left

His friends homemade food gives Yoongi an idea and it is now Wednesday, which means Jimin is working today. And who doesn't like a cute little surprise at work? he thinks as he sits down next to his desk and finds a pen lying in his desk drawer.

---

Jimin wakes up with a deep unhappy wrinkle between his brows as his phone alarm tells him it is time to get up. He sleepily search for the phone with his head underneath his pillow without much luck. He groans as he throws his blanket to the side and sits up, one hand rubbing into his tired eyes and the other still fumbling for his phone.

' Nghhh, make it stop', Jungkook half asleep complains. Tae seems to agree as he joins in with a particular loud snore.

At this point Jimin  finally finds the hideout of his phone and manages to turn off the alarm. He sighs, and rubs the back of his head as he half blind makes his way to the bathroom to get dressed and ready.

At work time pass by so slowly. He is 3 hours into his shift but oh my god it feels like Jimin has been there all day. It isn't that many people at the restaurant so Jimin has difficulties keeping himself occupied. He has by now rearranged the welcome desk 4 times, organized menus twice and he has cleaned the kitchen bench to many times to count.

But his prayers are heard and as he gets close to halfway through his day, two big groups of people come to eat. Jimin brings them their menus, and takes their orders. He walks around with a big smile on his face as he hand out everyone's food. ' Enjoy', he says as he now for the first time in a while takes a break behind the counter.

He grabs his glass of water and starts drinking as his eyes notice a paper cup with a yellow note on it. He turns the cup around and reads the note, a quick blush setting on his cheeks.

" To Jimin:

Your smile is like the sun, it brightens my day, please keep on smiling"

Jimin looks around the restaurant but no one looks back. Everyone is busy with their food and their company. He manages to lock eyes with Choa, the other waitress, and gestures down to the paper cup. She raises her shoulders, signaling she doesn't know who it is from.

Jimin curiously tries to smell what's inside the cup. It smells fruity, so definitely some kind of tea he assumes. He takes a sip and as the lukewarm liquid makes it past his lips and hits his taste buds his assumptions are confirmed. It tastes of ginger, lemon and honey with a hint of mint. It tastes really nice. It gives him a energy boost as well as a refreshing feeling flowing through his system.

His last few hours of work goes by super quickly. Jimin dances between the tables balancing the dishes with a bright smile never leaving his face.

He waves goodbye to Choa cleaning the tables as he makes his way out onto the street. He checks his pocket, feels the thin piece of paper and starts smiling bright again as he starts walking home.

---

Yoongi crosses another day off as accomplished as he sees the smile that shines brightly on Jimin's face.

Tick

97 days left

It is Thursday already, which means dance practice once again. ' Oh yey' Yoongi sarcastically thinks as he can still feel some of his muscles are sore from their Monday practice. His poor sleeping habits not contributing to the case on a positive note. When you have a job with this amount of flexibility it is easy to slip out of a normal sleep rhythm, which Yoongi had done immediately.  What can he say, he likes the comfort and warmth of his bed a little too much in the morning.

It is still a few hours until he has to go. He opens his closet and pulls out his camera bag, and places it over his shoulder. He puts on his shoes and makes his way outside. He sun is already up so the air isn't the slightest uncomfortable even in only jeans and a t-shirt.

Yoongi walks to the closest bakery and buys himself a cup of herb tea, said to keep you energized for the rest of the day. And if it is something he will need today it's energy.

He sips on the tea as he walks down towards the park. On a day like this it is bound to be a lot of people there. Just a few minutes later he can see he is right. The park isn't crowded, but it's a nice friendly amount of people spread around on the sun heated grass.

Yoongi finds a tree which has been left mostly alone and sits down resting his back on the tree. He looks around while he unpacks his camera equipment, he picks up a lens and attaches it. He quickly takes a few try shots. He looks at them and adjusts the settings.

Yoongi likes taking pictures of people without them knowing. It isn't posed. Just natural interactions and emotions captured and stored away. He looks at the world and people in the park through his lens. He captures a beautiful smile between a couple, maybe on their first date. He takes a picture of the old lady feeding the pigeons from her hand. He manages to get a picture of a young girls first bike ride without her support wheels. As well as her crying face as she gets a nice pair of scratches on her knees when she falls off the bike.

He drinks what is left of his tea, and looks at the clock. It is almost time already to get ready for practice so he quickly stuffs his things back into their rightful place in his bag and makes his way back home.

---

Jimin can see Yoongi is struggling with today's routine. This one being more technical heavy than Mondays practice had been. And some of the steps seems to make Yoongi scrunch his nose in pain, probably from sore muscles Jimin thinks.

He never complains though. Jimin would've thought that after the first hour he would ask to take a break or something, but Yoongi clenched his teeth together and kept up with the others. Jimin is impressed. It isn't hard to tell that Yoongi hasn't been working out in a while, as his breath is heavy after their warm up routine.  

On a bad day even Jimin has troubles with this routine, but he's practiced it so many times by now that the movements were done on auto pilot. Still he knows he also has stuff to improve, and he tries to focus on those things as they keep on practicing. It isn't that much time left until the dance academy has their entry try outs and he is aiming to put every second of effort into making that performance perfect.

He locks eyes with his own reflection in the mirror and focuses on perfecting every single move. Increasing his range of motion, and making every movement powerful and controlled.

As their last song comes to an end, Jimin has sweat dripping from his jaw. His mouth open as he breaths heavily.

' Damn, well done today everyone, woah that was a tough one.' Hoseok says short of breath, as he wipes his sweat from his shining forehead.

Yoongi had like last time just crumbled together at the spot as soon as Hoseok told them it was enough for today.

' I hope everyone rest well, and take Friday to relax! Saturdays practice is a whole 6 hours now for the next couple of weeks, so embrace yourselves! See you Saturday, remember to put your smiles on', Hoseok says demonstrating a big wide grin, before he's out the door.

Jungkook is already done, so Jimin hurriedly stuffs his things down in his gym bag and throws its over his shoulder. As he walks towards the door he pass a still crumbled together Yoongi on the floor.

' Do you need help to get up?', Jimin asks a little concerned.

' Oh, no, no I'm good, I'm feeling amazing, I-I just need to make the world stop spinning first', Yoongi says as he rolls over onto his side facing the door.

' Alright, remember to drink a lot of water when you get up okay? And rest up, you look terrible.'

' Jimin! Before you go', Yoongi lift his head slightly to make eye contact.

' What?' Jimin asks curious to what Yoongi wants.

' Are my legs still attached? I can't feel my legs', Yoongi says as he closes his eyes again too exhausted to keep them open.

' Your short legs are still there, now go home and get some rest. Silly hyung', Jimin replies as he heads out.

' Short?! Hey brat I'm still taller then you!' He hears Yoongi shout in reply as he makes his way down the stairs giggling to the waiting Jungkook.

Tick


Thank you for reading! I know nothing MAJOR happend in this chapter, but I'd really like this fic to be a more slow build type, cos I have a lot of things I wanna put in this, so I hope you enjoyed it!

Come say hi if you wanna!

( I know its probably gonna be alot of mistakes, my eyes are hurting looking at this, I will fix that when I see again, lol)

Thank you again,
- Tae-ken