Can you come a little closer?

100 days

That was quite a wait wasn't it. I wrote half of this chapter before I even published the last chapter, so I've basicly had half a chapter for almost 6 months and never gotten around to finish it (more like my feel wasn't right) never the less, I am sorry for the wait, but thank you to the people that patiently waited for this. 


89 days left

Jimin wakes up to work an extra shift. His eyes not entirely open as he checks the fridge for anything to start the day with, but he ends up empty handed. He just has to stop by the café before he starts working, and he'll be fine. He downs a cup of steamy hot coffee, burning his tongue in the process, before he jumps in the shower. He sticks his tongue out trying to stop the stinging.

Just as he's leaving he remembers the calendar from yesterday and quickly gets his pen. He makes a big blue cross over today's date, and grins widely. One day closer to their trip, just 86 left.  Jimin daydreams about all the fun they will have as he walk down the street.

---

Yoongi is standing at the 7/11 corner with his hands tucked in his leather jacket waiting for his friends. He checks his wrist-watch, 13.34.

` They're late´ Yoongi mutters to himself.

` Barely´ A voice startles Yoongi, and he spins around, now standing face to face with Namjoon; Jin standing next to his boyfriend lightly chuckling.

` It's been quite some time since I saw your grumpy face´ Jin says as he embraces him in a tight hug.

` Shut up, I know you've missed it´

Namjoon joins the group hug, and Yoongi feels a bit suffocated, but he hasn't seen his friends in so long, so he it up, and hugs back just as tightly.

` Well, where to?´ Yoongi asks as they make their way down the street, towards the market place.

` This diner I've walked past so many times and the online reviews were great. Let's check it out for ourselves´ Jin points to the sign saying Jam's Diner. `Here it is!´

They step inside and it hits Yoongi just where they are. He had been too occupied with the conversation to actually recognize where they were walking.

`Wait..doesn't..´

` Hello, welcome to Jam's Diner! A table for..wait, Yoongi?´ Jimin looks confused between the three of them.

`Hello..Jimin. A table for 3 please´ Yoongi answers trying not to look at his friends. Of all the places Seokjin wanted to go, what are the chances. Hopefully his friends can behave enough so that he can still see Jimin after this.

`Oh, of course, excuse me! Just follow me´ Jimin leads them to a table next to the window facing the main street outside.

Seokjin and Namjoon sit down on the left side and Yoongi sits opposite of Namjoon. Jimin hands them the menus.

`Want to start with something to drink maybe?´ Jimin asks as he flashes them with one of his big grins.

All three order their drinks and as soon as Jimin leaves to get them, Namjoon's shoe hits Yoongi's leg.

`Ouch? what?´

`Who was that? How do you know the waiter?´ Namjoon whispers with a curious look on his face.

`He is my newest client so be nice or I'm screwed, okay?´ Yoongi states.

`What? Really? That guy is your newest one? Damn...´

Jimin comes back with their drinks, water for Yoongi and Coke for the other two. The three of them order their food, Jimin writing it all down on the little note pad he keeps in his shirt pocket. Jimin thanks them, before he's back tending to other costumers.

`Seriously dude, you got some sick kind of luck´ Namjoon says in disbelief as he plays with the ice cubes in his drink.

`Luck?´ Yoongi raises a brow.

`Yeah, I mean come on. I doubt you failed to see how hot that guy is? Or was I the only one staring at his earlier?´

Jin slaps Namjoon's arm, giving him a teasingly glare.

`Hey, hey, let me enjoy the view will you? That guy has less than 3 months left to live, better enjoy the beauty while it's still here. Don't forget I got forever with you hyung´ Namjoon winks at his boyfriend who slightly blushed.

`Ugh, you guys are disgusting´ Yoongi sips on his drink as he lets his eyes search for Jimin. `Jimin, hot, eh?´ Yoongi hasn't really thought about it before. He guesses Namjoon is right though, he got that innocent but masculine thing going on. Those full lips, tiny but straight nose, fit looking upper body, and that fine Namjoon just mentioned...`wait? what?! where was he going with this?!´

`Hey, grumpy. Why don't you visit us more often, huh? It gets boring just hanging around forever with this blondie?´ Jin sarcastically throws Yoongi's way without looking at said blondie.

`I've been busy with work, so have you guys, haven't you? But I am sorry, I'll come by more often´ Yoongi feels a hint of guilt. He has truly missed hanging out with his friends, and he really should make more time for them.

`Yes! You have to see my new studio, it looks insane right now. You'll love it for sure. I bet we could make some awesome things in there together´ Namjoon excitingly informs.

`Sure thing, I'll come by soon then´

`Sorry to interrupt you guys, but I'm back with your food. Let's see..´ Jimin places the plates around the table and checks that everything is okay before he tells them to enjoy their food.

`Smells so good´ Namjoon almost drools on their food.

The table falls into a comfortable silence as they enjoy their food. Yoongi tries to complain when Jin commands feeding the younger two, but he knows it's impossible so he just opens his mouth and accepts being fed. Seeing the smile appearing on Jin's face afterwards, he decides it is worth the embarrassment.

Their plates are quickly cleaned, and Yoongi hums happily as he feels the gentle push against his stomach. He really ate a lot.

`How was the food?´ Jimin asks as he stacks the plates on his left arm.

`It was delicious, tell the chef thanks´ Jin smiles at the younger.

`Thank you, I will. Anything else I can get you guys?´

`No, we'll pay thank you´ Jin pulls his card out of his wallet.

`Sure, just a second´

Jin elbows Namjoon in the side.

`Forever guy, since you have all the time in the world. How come you don't have a body like that, huh?´ Jin's eyes follow Jimin as he walks into the kitchen.

Namjoon chuckles.

`Hold on a second, how can you complain about this tummy when you are the one feeding me? If you wanted me to have that kind of body, why do you feed me so much? I mean come on, isn't it your food that made me this way?´ Namjoon happily pats his belly and Jin giggles. 

`Oh so you're making this my fault now? How about you make your own food then?´

`Excuse me, do you want the apartment to burn down?´ Yoongi jumps in, remembering the few times Namjoon had tried to impress the older with his cooking skills. Which was nonexistent, let's leave it at that.

`Darn it, you got a point...´ Jin sighs.

Yoongi is very certain his friends are the dorkiest most disgustingly lovey-dovey people ever. However, he can't hide the smile lingering on his lips as he watches them. Can't ignore how light his heart feels being with them again. He'll make sure to not to let it be so long until he sees them again.

Tick tick

87 days left

Yoongi is half asleep as he walks in the direction of the park. It was Sunday for crying out loud, who is up early on Sundays?! The answer was apparently people like Park Jimin. Jimin had texted Yoongi right before he went to bed last night. He had said that their private boot camp would start tomorrow, and that he'd better be there. With a heavy heart Yoongi remembered it was him who had asked for help so he couldn't really refuse now.

So here he was, dragging his feet towards the park. It was rather empty. `Figures, smart people are sleeping right now´ Yoongi thinks grumpily. He hates running, it's boring, and repetitive and has no real goal except getting from point A to point B. Running has no real purpose in Yoongi's opinion, but he promises to give it a shot. Jimin was really nice to help him out to begin with. Yoongi also hoped that they would get closer like this, so that he could do his job properly. Make sure that Jimin had some dreams come true before the clock stopped ticking.

He hears the thumping of joggers against the gravel, and he turns towards where the sound comes from. His eyes widen slightly, and he has to physically fight not to let his mouth drop. Jimin is coming towards him, his hair put back with a black headband, wearing a low cut shirt. You could pretty much see everything, and Yoongi has to look away so his gaze won't wander over the toned body for too long.

He knows Jimin has a great body and all, but it has never been exposed like this. Usually during dance practice Jimin wears t-shirts, so the only skin exposed are from the knees down. Yoongi remembers what Namjoon had said two days ago, and can't help but stare for a moment. Jimin's deltoids and biceps are well formed, must be from weight lifting. And since the singlet is even a little see-through Yoongi doesn't have to wonder about the chocolate bars on the younger's abdomen.

Yoongi internally curses Namjoon when he feels his cheeks heating up. If it hadn't been for his comments, he wouldn't have taken a second glance at the handsome man in front of him, but now it was too late.

`Hi! Have you been waiting for a long time?´ Thankfully, Jimin didn't seem to notice Yoongi acting strange yet.

`H-hey, no, no I haven't, I just arrived actually. You know it's Sunday so I would usually be asleep now, most people are by the way, but here I am´ he awkwardly chuckles. Yoongi knows his talking way too much and way too fast. He wants to slap himself.

But Jimin just giggles.

 `Should we start? I have a route I usually run. Takes about 1 hour, sounds alright?´

Yoongi just nods, afraid to open his mouth again. Jimin gives him a wide grin and they start moving.

The route isn't that bad in itself. It has a few steeper hills to increase your heart rate, a few tighter paths in the forest that has Yoongi concentrating not to fall on any branches or rocks. It's Jimin's general pace that has Yoongi struggling; he can't remember the last time he has gone for a jog, and he is reminded why, right now. The sweat keeps running down and tickling between his shoulder blades, it also has his t-shirt sticking to his damp skin. His hair is getting wet and feels weird sticking to his forehead.

Yoongi arrives what is set to be "goal" a couple of minutes after Jimin. Yoongi can feel his chest burning, it hurts to breathe, so he drops down onto the grass. The grass feeling good against his heated skin.

`That wasn't so bad was it?´ Jimin asks. He sits in the grass stretching his legs. Except for the sweat making his skin shine, there is no sign of Jimin being tired from the run. Yoongi catches sight of a drop of sweat following the contour of Jimin's biceps, and has to swallow twice before answering.

`Th-There is funnier ways to work on endurance tha-than this´ he says still a little out of breath.  He really needs to call Namjoon and Jin to scream at them for ing with his head. If it weren't for them, he wouldn't be having a hard time now, he wouldn't think about these things. He internally groans.

 `Not alone really, and running gets the work done quick. I kind of like it´ Jimin answers cheerily.

 `Okay kid, next time we're doing endurance, I'll show you how you have fun while doing it alright?´ Yoongi is too exhausted to see Jimin slightly blush at that.

Tick tick

85  days left

`Good, good. Let's take 5´ Jimin throws Yoongi a bottle of water.

`Thanks´

Yoongi wipes his sweat with the already damp towel, before he empties the bottle. Jimin is, if possible, even harder on him than Hoseok. They have been going at it for only a little more than an hour, and Yoongi's muscles are already complaining.

`So.. euhm, the friends you came with on friday..?´ Jimin starts carefully.

`You mean Jin and Namjoon?´

`Yes, them. Euhm, are they by any chance, you know...dating?´ Jimin nervously looks at the floor.

`Yeah, they are. Did it bother you?´ Yoongi unfortunately knew that some people still weren't comfortable around openly gay couples.

`Oh, no, no! Of course not! I just sort of got the feeling it was something going on, but I wasn't sure so I thought I'd ask´

`Haha, yeah. They're pretty obvious aren't they? I used to live with Jin, and later Namjoon moved in, so I moved out. Wanted them to have some privacy if you know what I mean. I was just mostly in their way anyway´ Yoongi shrugs.

`Ah! So you know Jin for a long time then?´ Jimin sits down on the floor facing Yoongi.

`You could say that´ Yoongi smiles. `A whole 20 years, after death, to be exact´

Jimin had guessed as much. He had never seen the side of Yoongi that he had seen last Friday. Then again, Jimin really hadn't known Yoongi for long at all, so that might not be so weird. What made Jimin feel weird was that he wanted to know. When he had seen the smiles exchanged over that table, seen that warm spark in Yoongi's eyes as he talked to his friends, Jimin had wanted to know what else this guy hid underneath his mysterious and quiet exterior. He guessed the right word would be intrigued. Yoongi intrigued Jimin, and now he wanted to know everything.

`What about you? You live with Taehyung and Jungkook, right? Have you guys known each other for a long time?´

`Yeah, practically forever. I met Tae back in kindergarten, and then Jungkook came along as we left middle school. We've been inseparable since then´ Jimin can't keep the smile off his lips as he thinks of his two best friends. `It's really fun living together, though I too feel like I'm in the way sometimes. I don't know if you noticed but Tae kind of has a thing for Jungkook. I'm not sure if Kookie understands that yet though´ Jimin sighs.

`I think he does, I bet he's just a bit shy, and insecure maybe? Have either of them had boyfriends or girlfriends before?´

`Ahh, no, not really. Jungkook did go out with this girl during our first year of high school, but it was never really serious´ Jimin remember the stuttering girl that asked Jungkook to be her boyfriend, and out of sheer panic he said yes. Poor guy didn't dare to break up with her until 8 months afterwards.

`Then he probably just needs time. Not everyone easily accepts having a crush on a long time friend you know? And especially so since he's the first boy. It's a lot to accept isn't it?´

`Yeah, I guess you're right´ Jimin isn't sure if he wants to know the answer to the question that pops into his head, but his mouth reacts faster than his head. `What about you? Do  you have a...g-girlfriend?´

`Naah, I don't think relationships are for me, I've gotten used to being on my own´ Yoongi quickly answers. `No, actually sometimes it really . It that you can't find people that won't freak out after being together 10 years and you haven't aged. Sometimes it's actually...really lonely´

`Then you probably just haven't found the right person yet. No one really wants to be alone´ Jimin smiles reassuringly.

`Yeah..Maybe. But that's enough lazing around isn't it? Shall we get back to practice?´ Yoongi pushes himself up before he offers a hand to Jimin.

`Sounds good. From the top then´

Tick

84 days left

It was once again Wednesday, and Yoongi wants to do something more than just the normal post-it note and a treat this time. But ugh, he doesn't really know what to do, and he doesn't have that much time either. Jimin will have his break around 13 and the easiest time to sneak in the gift was almost right after that. Yoongi quickly looks over at the clock on his work desk, 12.14, he needs ideas, and he needs them now. So he does what every normal human being does when at a loss. He asks a friend, and with a smile he's typing into the Google search bar: Romantic sweet gift ideas. He hits the search button.

---

Jimin is on his break. He sips on his glass of water, while he watches the sixth cat video Tae has been spamming him with since his shift started. The cat is adorable though, Jimin will admit that. This particular video has a grey cat being fed with chopsticks, and Jimin fears that next time Tae visits him at the shelter his going to want to try that himself. He can already picture an impatient Tae on the floor trying to feed stubborn wild cats with the sticks, the thought making him chuckle lightly.

The stream of people has been quite consistent so far, so Jimin doesn't really have time to get bored, and he is thankful for that. He says goodbye to a family leaving before he starts gathering and stacking the dishes and makes his way to the kitchen. On his way out, something yellow in his side vision catches his attention. ­`Again?´ Jimin walks up to the yellow note and hand-sized bag next to it.

"To Jimin:

 I totally forgot I hadn't given you this yet. I hope you like them. ( Ps. I know it might be cheesy or super boring, but this was the best Google had to offer me in less than a day's notice). "

The smell hits Jimin the second he opens the bag. Flowers. Self picked wildflowers, to be correct. He has seen some of the flowers on his walks around the park nearby. The bouquet has around 12 different flowers, in a variety of colors. They are truly beautiful. Jimin has actually never gotten flowers from someone else than friends or family before. His heart swells as he smells them a last time. He quickly puts them in a glass with water, before he gets back to work. His eyes wandering to the bouquet whenever he has a spare moment.

Tick

83 days left

" Hyung! You busy tomorrow?"

From Jimin

" No, why?"

From Yoongi

" I'm volunteering at the animal shelter again tomorrow
and the other volunteer is  sick, which means I have the responsibility
for both the cats and the dogs. I would ask Tae or Kookie but both of them
are busy tomorrow, same as Hoseok... So I was just wondering if you
didn't have anything better to do if you'd help me out? please, please?
 ( If you help me I promise to never call you short ever again,
 even though I am 0,4cm taller than you (A) )"

From Jimin

"What time, and what's the address?
I'll see if I can find it. And watch
where you're stepping kid."

From Yoongi

" YOU ARE THE BEST HYUNG!
Just meet me outside where I usually work at 09.00
and we'll walk there together! Thank you!!!
See ya tomorrow!"

From Jimin

" Night"

From Yoongi

As Yoongi is falling asleep, he concludes that Jimin's energy and personality shines through anything he does. Texts included.

Tick

82 days left

`Since it's your first time I'll let you choose between handling either the dogs or the cats. There are a couple more cats by the way, but the cat cages are smaller than the dogs´ Jimin explains. He has volunteered for some years now, so he was okay with either, though he still prefers the fluffy dogs.

`Sure, I'll take the cats´ Yoongi shrugs.

`Really? Oh, okay´ Jimin usually always has to take the cats if any of his  friends have to step in for Taeil, or the other volunteers. Except for Jungkook, who for some reason would also choose the cats.

`I kind of like them more than over energetic dogs to be honest´

`No worries, it works out perfectly´

 Yoongi's eyes meet Jimin's, and they smile as they continue walking.

They had met up outside of "Jam's Diner" and taken the way through the park. The sky was free from clouds and the wind was gentle, in other words, it was a perfect day to be outside. They had walked next to each other, Jimin thanking Yoongi over and over for taking the time to help him out at the last minute.

`Here it is´ Jimin extends his arms and gestures to the middle sized building in front of them.

He finds his keys and opens the front door. The second they step inside the dogs greet them loudly.

`Looks like they missed you´ Yoongi says absent mindedly as he studies the inside of the building.

Right through the front door is the front desk and waiting room for the visitors. It's easily decorated with a couple of chairs and couches, a few tiny tables with animal magazines, and a corner for smaller kids to play. On the right, there is an open wall leading to the cat section, and to the left is the dog section. Behind the counter is a door leading to the office and employee wardrobe.

`First off we need to see if something special happened to the guys working yesterday´ Jimin moves behind the counter and logs into the shelter's computer, he then opens the logbook and quickly looks it over.

`Looks like we're fine, nothing new´ He looks up and smiles at Yoongi.

`Come on, we need to get changed before we can start with anything´

Jimin unlocks the staff door and moves inside. The office was small, only a small desk with a chair, a bookshelf filled with binders, a printer, and what looks like a medicine cabinet decorating it. Another door at the back of the room leads to the wardrobe.

`I apologize for asking, but what size are you? I need it so you don't get your own clothes dirty´ Jimin turns to look at Yoongi following close behind.

`Euhm, I think small in pants and medium for a t-shirt should work just fine´

`Alright. Shoe size?´ Jimin rummages through one of the closest lockers.

`42´

Jimin throws the plastic wrapped pieces of clothing to Yoongi now sitting down on the bench in the middle of the room. They quickly change before they once again move to the front desk.

`Okay, so here's the daily schedule. It's just here to work as a guideline for when certain things should be done. So.. first, we let them all outside so that we can clean their cages. If some don't go outside, that's okay, just gently move them as you clean. Got it?´

Yoongi nods and they start the day. Jimin lets the dogs and cats outside before grabbing the cleaning equipment explaining to Yoongi as he goes on. Yoongi follows as well as he can, trying to catch all the details of how he should do his job. Once Yoongi feels comfortable he knows what he's supposed to do, they split up, Jimin into the dog section and Yoongi into the cat section.

Along the outer wall is a long row of cages, looking empty as most of the cats have gone outside. Yoongi starts cleaning from the farthest away cage. The hallway smells somewhat strongly, he guesses that makes sense as there are at least 20 cats in here during the night. He scrubs the floor, removes any hair laying around, and cleans out the cat toilet in each cage.

Once that is done, changing the water and feeding the animals is next.

`On each cage there should be a note with how many scoops of food they are having, so it's pretty simple´

At the sound of food filling the bowls, the cats and dogs start to gather back in their cages. Once everyone is accounted for, Jimin closes the doors.

`Okay, that is basically the worst and hardest part of the day done´ Jimin tells as they sit down with a glass of water in the waiting room. `Usually on Fridays, we have a lot of kids stopping by just to play a bit or cuddle with them. During that time they will normally groom them so we don't have to´

The day goes by slowly. A few school kids stop by and cuddle the animals every now and then. Two couples and one family, no adoptions, but one couple promised to come back later the next week to take home one of the cats.

When Jimin says bye to the last guests and closes the door for the evening, there are only a few things left for them to do. The first thing is to clean up the playrooms and the waiting room. Since they were two, they finished quickly. When they have made sure that everyone has water enough for the night, it's down to the last point of the "to do" list- grooming the ones that haven't been groomed yet.

Jimin is done when Yoongi has only come halfway on the cats, so he starts helping him out.

Yoongi is picking up a fluffy orange tabby as Jimin warns him `that one doesn't like being picked up that much so just be caref...´

Before Jimin can finish his sentence, Yoongi feels the sting of nails breaking the skin, he's scared for a second that it hit his eye. He is however quickly calmed down, as just a moment later, he can feel the tickle over his left brow as warm liquid runs down over his eye and down to his jaw line.

`Oh god, Yoongi! Sit right there, I'll be right back´ Jimin jumps to his feet, slightly panicking at the sight of blood. He hurries into the wardrobe and grabs the first aid kit.

Yoongi somehow in all his confusion got the cat inside the cage again and locked the cage door. He tries to clean the blood away with the back of his hand when Jimin sits down next to him.

`Here´ Jimin gives him some baby wipes for his now bloody hand.

`I'm so, so sorry. I should've warned you earlier about that one. Are you okay?´ Jimin starts cleaning Yoongi's face gently. Yoongi nods, the pain only a faint throbbing now.

When all the blood is gone, Jimin sees the three deep rifts going right through Yoongi's brow. Not deep enough to need stitches but enough to bleed healthily.

`I am not going blind am I doctor?´ Yoongi teases as he flutter his eyes open to look at Jimin. He quickly regrets his actions cause he can now see how close Jimin is. He has to restrain himself from moving away slightly.

Jimin patches up the wound and carefully looks to see if the band-aid sits okay.

`Naaah, you'll live´ he answers delayed and looks straight into Yoongi's eyes as he cups Yoongi's chin. Yoongi freezes, keeping the eye contact as Jimin stares into his own.

`Does it feel okay? not too tight or anything?´ Jimin moves Yoongi's chin so he can see his "doctor work" from all angles.

`N-no it's f-fine. Thank you´ He reaches up to touch it, as he tries to blink. He can feel his cheeks heating up under the younger's gaze. If Yoongi had only just discovered how Jimin looks hot from a distance a few days ago, he now learns that he looks even better up close. The slightly droopy eyes, perfect and soft looking skin, and that inviting plump lower lip. Yoongi swallows as he has to drop his gaze to his hands.

`It's the least I could do´ Jimin smiles warmly as he backs away and put's the equipment back into the box.

Yoongi sighs in relief when Jimin didn't seem to notice the blush setting on his cheeks. Though really Jimin does notice, and he finds it really adorable. He doesn't say anything, just keeps smiling as he puts the first aid kit back.

Tick

81 days left

Another long Saturday session is over, Jimin and everyone gather in front of Hoseok. Apparently, he had some things to say before they left today.

`As you all know some of us are trying out for the Wawa Dance Academy now soon, and I just wanted to say that you have all worked hard, and I believe you guys can make it´ he looks over at Jungkook and Jimin and smiles.

`So I hope everyone can take Thursday, the 21st, off so we can all cheer them on, and be the close supportive family we are! So, remember to get enough sleep, and be sure to eat enough nutrients now before the tryouts. I will see you guys Monday for another good practice, right?´ He finishes with one of his signature smiles, and one can't help but smile back. The rest of the group applauds and shouts in excitement, before everyone gathers their stuff and leaves.

Jimin grabs his bag, another pink envelope peeking out. He looks around quickly but everyone has already left, so he breathes out in relief. He stuffs the rest of his things into the bag and hurriedly takes his leave. The envelope resting safely on the bottom of his bag. 


I swear it shall not take another 6+ months for another update ;_; please writing gods be with me x'3 Thank you so much for reading!