Counting down the days

100 days

Wow, this chapter was originally twice as long, and I'm now very happy I cut it in half! So far it looks like each chapter will be like a week lenght wise, if that makes sense? 

I should probably also put taekook up in the pairings as I can't seem to not make them all cute and flirty together ( but who complains about cute taekook anyway) 

BUT!! Everyone go read and thank awsuga for beta reading this chapter! (Her yoonmin fics are my favs and she has really cool stories!) This chapter would be a huge mess if it wasn't for her help, so thank you! 

Now, I hope you enjoy chapter 3!

( Has been crossposted to my tumblr and Ao3 )


96 days left

Yoongi wakes up and tries to go to the bathroom, but his legs gives out underneath him. So he spends his Friday mostly in bed trying to regain the control over his legs.

---

Jimin has volunteered at the animal shelter today. Jungkook has to go help his mom with something, so Tae decides to tags along with Jimin. He doesn't feel like sitting alone in their apartment all day.

There aren't a lot of people stopping by the shelter, not even on good days, so Jimin enjoys being there. He's is responsible for the dogs today, and the other volunteer, Taeil, is handling the cats. He preferred it that way. The dogs were much cuter in Jimin's opinion. Not to forget, the dogs were easier to handle as well.

The moment they arrive Jimin checks if any of the dogs need any form of medication. He finds out there are only two smaller dogs today, who both need eye drops, something he gets done without much trouble.

Tae has within the first 10 minutes they are there already picked up 4 small fluffy dogs. Which he is now cuddling with on the couch.

- 'Ppoppo, ppoppo', Tae hymns as he nuzzles his nose into the fur of his newly made friends.

There are actually a few people visiting today, but most of them go straight to the cats. Which, Jimin figures, is probably because they are less of a responsibility, seeing that most of the visiting families have relatively young kids. However, there is a family with a daughter, who's around 7, that are looking for a dog. Jimin shows them around with a big smile on his face. The family pick three they want to meet and they go into a playroom. Jimin bring in one dog after another. The girl is obviously excited, jumping of joy when Jimin brings a dog inside.

When he brings the second dog, a collie mix, the girls eyes widen. The dog slowly walks up to the girl and her cheek making her giggle. She throws her arms around the dogs neck, the dog resting its head on her shoulder. She hugs it tight before she turn to her parents.

-' Eomma, Appa, I want this one, and I think it wants to come with us to!' She says excitingly as her eyes switches between her parents.

The dad looks at his wife, who nods at him. The dad then turns to  Jimin with a smile.

- 'Can you show us the papers? Looks like we aren't leaving without this furry friend.'

The family sign the papers and the girl walks out of their new pet on a leach. Jimin and Tae happily wave them off.

It's now around lunch, so Jimin sends Tae off to the nearest supermarket to get them some food. When he comes back with 2 cartons of apple juice and a melon bread for each of them, Jimin looks at him in confusion.

-' Tae, how can you consider this a meal?'

Hi friend only shrugs at him in return.

They eat their lunch outside in the nice weather, which is a perfect opportunity to let the dogs out to run around and play as well. Tae practically finish his bread before Jimin has taken his first bite, the boy looking like a chipmunk with the bread stuffed in his cheeks.

- 'T-Dthat dog-ph is Jung-g-gook', Tae says, struggling to talk with all the bread in his mouth. He points at a black and white Boston Terrier staring at them with big eye.

- 'They have the same begging eyes, I'll give you that', Jimin says as he takes a sip of his apple juice, looking over at the dog.

- 'That would be you though', Jimin points at a Australian Shepherd chasing its own tale as he lets out a chuckle.

- 'I actually can't argue with that', Tae laughs before he picks up a tiny Pomeranian and cuddles it.

- 'This would be you Jimin', Jimin looks up having stuffed the last pieces of his melon bread into his mouth.

- 'You guys have the same droopy looking eyes and the same cute cheeks', Tae says as he reaches over and pokes Jimin's cheek.

Jimin feeds the dogs, and he's done for the day. He and Tae decide to make food to surprise Jungkook when he gets back. They actually succeed in making something edible without making too much of a mess. The three end their day all snuggled up together on the couch, watching the most recent episode of Running Man. Jungkook resting his head on Tae's lap and Jimin leaning on his shoulder.     

Tick

95 days left

Saturday arrives a little too quickly for Yoongi's liking. After barely regaining the control of his legs the day before, he is a bit scared about this 6 hour training. However, he braces himself and leaves after drinking enough energy tea for the whole team.

The studio is damp with sweat only 2 hours into their practice. Yoongi can feel his legs cramping up by the amount of force they are putting into each move. They haven't had a single break yet, and he can feel how his dry throat is dying for some cold water.

- 'A couple of more times on this part guys, I know it's hard but we really need to work on these steps to make it look good!' Hobi shouts as he can see his teammates getting sloppy and tired.

Yoongi can see Jimin biting down hard. His jaw tight, and his eyes fixed in the mirror as he concentrates. Everyone toughens up after Hobi's quick pep talk, and their next attempts look a lot better.

When they have been at it for around 3,5 hours, with only one or two bathroom and water breaks, they finally take a real break. Most of them drops down on the floor, legs shaking due to the exhaustion. Their combined heavy breathing filling the silence is interrupted by the door flying open.

- 'Is anyone hungry?! Here comes Tae care service, packed with foods with no real nutrition at all but oh god don't they taste great! I also do amazing leg massages, just saying! Don't you guys try anything though, as the happy endings are strictly reserved for Jungkookie!' Tae gives Kookie a teasingly grin as he sees the other's cheeks quickly turn pink with Tae's cheekiness.

Tae goes around handing out some treats from his bag to everyone, and they all happily take it.

After the hard practice and the dry mouths, the taste of the treats taste even better, and everyone silently chew down on their given treats. Tae massages Jungkook's legs. The younger giving the other a quick dirty look, but he didn't complain, so Tae gives him one of his box smiles and keeps pampering him.

Jimin throws his legs towards Tae.

- 'I'm next Tae! My legs are killing me!' Jimin sighs.

- 'Eww! Keep your stinking feet away from me, I can smell them all the way over here!' Tae shoves Jimin's feet away.

- 'Yah! Kookie is just as sweaty as me, I thought I was your favorite best friend', Jimin sends Tae a hurt look and pouts.

- 'No! No sad Jimminie when Tae is around!' Tae throws himself on top of Jimin and crushes the boy underneath him. Jimin flails his arms and legs, trying to get the other off, but Tae just keeps giggling as he nuzzles his head into the crook of Jimin's neck.

- 'Tae get off! I don't like you anymore!'

- 'Tae! It's something called personal space! I know you don't have that but I do, now get off!' Jimin continues as Tae's breath tickles him.

Yoongi looks over at Hobi with confusion written all over his face.

- 'This is normal, they are not "normal" though, so just ignore the kids', Hoseok smiles back at him. Yoongi can't help but smile at the situation in front of him. They look so close, almost like true brothers, he thinks. He really should call Namjoon and Jin soon, the closest thing he has to family. Looking at Jimin and his best friends makes Yoongi actually really miss them.

---

Jimin and the rest get back on their feet and continue their practice.

Tae stays and watches. He cheers for him and Jungkook, but mostly Jungkook in Jimin's opinion.

The last hour and a half feels like an eternity, his legs protesting at every move. When he think he's having a hard time, he looks over at Yoongi. The guy's legs are visibly shaking, and Jimin feels bad. Yoongi hasn't been practicing with them for long but he is stubborn. Jimin already picked that up long ago, and he kind of admires that about the older. His blond hair is sticking to his forehead, and his cheeks are pink due to the exhaustion. Jimin finds himself actually, no maybe. Maybe only half admiring how Yoongi still looks good, even when he looks like that.

The sounds of heavy breathing fills the room as their practice finally comes to an end, and Jimin can't wait to just collapse in his bed. He is making his way outside when he quickly turns around on his heel.

- 'I'll be right with you', he says over his shoulder, as he leaves his friends walking back towards the table where Yoongi is finishing his water.

He could see the older was struggling at some transitions and some of the more technical steps. Jimin thought it would be beneficial for everyone in the group if someone helped him out. It is all in the best interest for the team, and not because Jimin might slightly enjoy seeing Yoongi with light pink cheeks when the older's heart rate rises. He also guesses that Yoongi is not the person to ask for help himself.

- 'Hey', Jimin says as he comes closer.

- 'Oh, hey Jimin, Yoongi weakly smiles back.

- 'I guess you probably aren't comfortable asking, but if you ever need help with dancing or want to practice outside our already set days, you can always say so okay?' Jimin only gets a silent nod in return, Yoongi still taking in what Jimin just said.

They smile at each other before Jimin turns around again and leaves. He hears Yoongi hurriedly shouts a 'thank you' after Jimin as he tries to catch up with his friends.

Tick Tick

93 days left

It's yet another Monday, and they have just finished practice. Yoongi is, for the first time, not completely dead. He is sitting on a chair along the one wall drinking his water, the others grabbing their stuff, ready to leave. For some reason Jimin always manages to be the slowest one packing up. That's okay with Yoongi, as he really doesn't want the others to be there when he asks.

Jimin has his bag on top his shoulder checking his phone as he make his way towards the door. He looks up when Yoongi calls out for him.

- 'Huh?' Jimin responds, surprised by the sound of Yoongi saying his name.

- 'I-I was just wondering if you weren't too busy with work and everything, i-if you would help me with my dancing. I mean you're a lot better than me both endurance and technical wise, and I'd like to not drag the rest of you down', Yoongi says avoiding Jimin's eyes, too embarrassed to look at the younger.

Jimin sends him a bright smile.

- 'Sure thing hyung, I already told you to just ask remember?! Give me your number and I will message you about when and where, alright?' Jimin hands him his phone and Yoongi quickly inputs his number, handing it back afterwards. 

- 'Take care and see you Thursday, Yoongi!' Jimin waves as he leaves. Yoongi waves back before he gets off his and packs his bag as well. He turn off the lights and heads home. 

Tick Tick

91 day left

That day at work Jimin once again finds a yellow note this time accompanied by a tiny bag. He reads the note as he opens it.

" To Jimin:

These cookies are sweet and cute, just like you! Enjoy!"

He pulls out one of the cookies, and chuckles. The cookies are covered in white chocolate and they have draw bear faces along with ears on them. They are indeed really cute and Jimin takes a bite. The cookie is sweet, and Jimin figures that the cookie disguised in the chocolate cover was really a Yakgwa cookie. The honey filling his mouth, and within 5 minutes the cookies are all gone. Jimin feels full as he moves on with his work day, smiling a bit more sweetly than usual.

---

Whether Yoongi make the notes himself or he find this mushy stuff on the internet, he will never tell.

Tick

90 days left

It is Thursday and both, Jungkook and Jimin, just got home and out of the shower back in their apartment. Tae is sitting in front of the TV playing a shooter game, the two other joining him.

Jimin is tired but he doesn't really want to sleep yet. He finds himself thinking about the person leaving him yellow notes at work. It has happened a few times now and Jimin is growing curious of who it could be. What if it's actually someone at work? One of his co-workers? He know that Choa is already dating someone, so it isn't her. The cook is a little too old, and his boss couldn't possibly be the person behind the notes. There is a somewhat new waiter as well, but Jimin has barley spoken to the guy, and following statistics the guy probably doesn't even swing that way.

Jimin drifts off and falls asleep for a second, before he's brought back to reality when a pillow hits him in the face. The giggle that follows easily tells him that it's the dongsaeng that's the culprit. Jimin quickly fetch the pillow and jumps up. He makes his way over to where Kookie is sitting, hitting him repeatedly as the younger's squeals mix together with his giggles.

- 'Ya! Don't leave me out!' Tae runs over and starts tickling Jimin. Kookie now free from the hitting pillow, joins the tickle fight, hands reaching for Tae's sides.

The three of them end in a mess of legs and arms on the floor. Jimin doesn't know who he is tickling at this point, or what hands are tickling him anymore. When their tummies start aching from all the laughing all three roll onto their backs, catching their breaths.

- 'Hey, guys, should we make a countdown this year? For our yearly camping trip?' Jimin looks between his two best friends.

Tae quickly gets on his feet, and jumps excitingly over to the kitchen looking for their calendar.

- 'I think he means yes, hyung', Jungkook chuckles.

- 'Of course it is a yes! I mean it's the highlight of the summer! Jimin always fail to set up the tent. And I can't wait to see him roll down the hill when we push him out of it when he tries to sleep!' Tae laughs, still clearly remembering their previous trips.

Tae puts the calendar down between them and finds the page that says August. Jimin finds a marker and circles the date in red.

- 'There we go, the date is marked!'

- 'Let's count how many days is left! I want to go already!' Tae says impatiently.

Jimin and Tae starts counting, day by day, from now up till their trip, but halfway through Kookie jumps in.

- '87 days! In 87 days we will be there guys!'

- 'I can already feel the fresh air blowing in my hair!' Tae overdramatically throw his head back, his friends rewarding him with their giggles.

Jimin is really looking forward to this trip. 87 days, let the countdown begin.

Tick


Could you tell Taekook took over my feels a little in this one? 
Anyway! I hope you liked this chapter, next chapter has a lot more yoongi and jimin alone time so anticipate it ( hopefully I can pull it off right) 

Thank you so much for reading, commenting or leaving feedback, it is very much apriciated! 

- Lots of love from Tae-ken
( come talk on tumblr?  )