Preparations

100 days

This was supposed to be like an intro kind of chapter, but I dunno if I got to much into describing everything, haha!

Well enough of me rambling before it even starts, I hope you enjoy!


Yoongi is sitting in the park area, across the street from the guy walking between tables, as he takes orders from the costumers with a big smile on his face. Yoongi really dreads his new assignment. He hates getting the young ones, and he often get them. The guy he is researching before his new assignment starts next month is just in the beginning of his twenties. To be fair he is also all too good to be taken from such an already sad world. The guys smile looks like the sun even from where Yoongi is sitting. Yoongi looks down checking his watch, the guys life clock. Park Jimin the continuously fading color says. Yoongi sighs. He never get one of the old and sick, nor the people that had lived a long and fulfilled life. He likes to think those were the easy ones. But he figures every client and assignment is just as difficult, each life is just as precious as the next. His job was to make people happy and he guesses it's something beautiful about that.

He stands up and gives the working man on the other side of the street a last glance. Yoongi  decides work is done for the day. All he wants now is to put his earphones in and blast some music to overpower all these thoughts. And sleep, he wants sleep. And his bed.

The month passes quickly and Yoongi has gathered all the information he needs to start his new assignment the next day. All the paperwork is done and neatly placed in a file, which he is now holding. He sits down rereading everything a final time.

'Park Jimin. 23 years old. Has just moved in with his best friends Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung. He works at a restaurant as a waiter, and occasionally as a singer on the weekends. On the side he is practicing dance, and really wants to get into a dance academy next year. In his spare time he will either hang out with his friends or help out at the animal shelter. He really likes dogs. His favorite color is red. His smile is so bright it won't be a surprise to anyone if he was the sun himself. He is also pretty afraid of ghosts and other horror-ish things'. 

Basically this Park Jimin is the perfect example of what Yoongi does not want to work with. The so-on-point example of what Yoongi would like to put back into a box, ship back to base and tell them to give this guy another 70 years. But he knww it doesn't work that way, so he sighs, as he sinks further down into the couch. Once a box with a life clock appeared it was nothing anyone could do to stop the countdown. Except to be there for that person those last 100 days to assure it would end as happily as possible. And that is Yoongi's lucky job.

 ---

Jimin is finally done working for the day, and he is now waiting for the food he had promised his two best friends he would bring home. Today is the day they are officially all moved in, so they are celebrating. Take away, beer and  games. The best way to celebrate. There will probably also be some very enthusiastic, and loud karaoke if Taehyung gets his beers down. He thanks the ajumma, and grabs his food before he make his way to their new apartment block. Exactly 7 minutes or 2 songs walking distance from where he is right now.

' FOOOOOOOD! Finally! I am starving' Tae snaps the bags of food out of Jimin's small hands before he even makes it through the front door.

' Nice seeing you as well Tae' he says giggling as he removes his shoes.

The plates and food is already nicely placed out on the living room table when Jimin walks into the living room. Jungkook sits in the couch playing games on his phone until Tae slaps him on his leg. Tae is practically jumping in his seat impatiently waiting for the two others to join him.

'CHEEEERS!!' They all shout as their glasses meet at the middle of the table.

Three empty plates, a pile of empty food trays, a dozen of beer cans, 4 rounds of Mario Kart, and a 45 minutes stumble of a walk, they finally arrive at the closest karaoke.

Jimin chooses the first song. A pretty song in Jimin's opinion, but oh my god Tae and Jungkook think it must be the longest and most boring song ever.

They bottom another couple of beers.

At this point Jungkook is totally immersed into his metal song. He doesn't even know the lyrics, but he mimics it as best he can. Pretending to scream, as he puts all his effort into it. Tae is just as much into it, as he lays feet up against the wall. Head banging and playing air guitar at the same time. Just looking at his best friends in this state has Jimin laughing so hard, tears are streaming down his face.

'I-AI LOOOOOBVEE CHUUU GHYYYS SOO-SOOOOOOOO MUYYCH' Tae states, stretching his arms to show just how much he means. The action needs more body control than he possesses, and it has him almost head-first crash into a parked car.

'Careful!' Jimin says while giggling, as he looks at the his dork friends as they bounce against each other and fall every 5 steps they take.

It takes them about 6 times longer to get back inside their apartment than it should. Then again, at least they found the right building. An accomplishment in itself Jimin thinks.

'These next few years are going to be the best! I can feel it hyung!' Jungkook excitedly states, as they are finally in bed. Well the two of them are. Taehyung doesn't even making it that far. Tae is passed out on the bathroom floor cuddling toilet paper rolls. Silently humming lullabies as he the soft paper. Jungkook has taken a picture. 

'Second that! This is our dreams coming true!' Jimin replies, but at this point Jungkook is snoring steadily.

As Jimin falls asleep he can't help but think about all the great things the three of them will experience together from this point forward. Dreams will really come true. Jimin falls asleep with a big grin on his face.

---

Yoongi walks into the bathroom, looking at his own reflection. He figures he get the young assignments due to his own age, he is only 25 ( even though that is 32 years ago now). Being a reaper has its perks he guesses. He doesn't age, he has a house ( a pretty luxurious one even) and the corporation give him as much money as he needs to live a wealthy life. The Seoul department actually has some cool guys he likes to hang out with, which is really pure luck. There isn't many that became reapers upon death. The fact they're 3 in the age around 20 is surprising enough, the fact that he really likes them is a miracle. The one that has been in the business the longest is Kim Seokjin or just Jin as they call him, he is 26 ( + 51 years if you count the ones he's been working there). One of the most recent reapers is Kim Namjoon, 24 ( + 4 years as a reaper), Namjoon was actually one of Jin's clients. One of which Jin actually had struggled with, which had been a surprise with all his years of experience and perfect reaper score.

Yoongi washes his face.

Then of course there is down sides to being a reaper as well.  Obviously it can get lonely. Most of the time reapers ends up surrounding themselves only with other reapers. As well as the friends and people around their client for the time being. He had lived together with Jin for over two decades, and recently a few months with both him and Namjoon. But he moved out to give the two others privacy a few years ago, and he was fine with living alone.

Seeing family and friends get old and pass away isn't something he enjoys. Not that he talks nor sees them either, cause they wouldn't and couldn't know it was him. Every reaper has a "reaper form" and a "normal form". Their normal form is how you looked when they were actually living. Only other reapers and the reapers client see this form, everyone else only see his reaper form. Yoongi himself doesn't even know what his reaper self looks like, as he is unable to see it. He has however heard people describe his looks so he guesses he looks still somewhat decent.

He is still very happy to know that his reaper form at least had stayed male. When he back in the day had met with his assigned reaper Yoongi saw an old man. But apparently his reaper form was that of a woman, and his friends would never shut up about this woman Yoongi met in secret. Yoongi never understood what they talked about at the time though.

Yoongi's own reaper became his first friend after becoming one himself. He was a really nice old man, and he hadn't been a reaper for very long, neither did he stay one. The old man was the reason Yoongi learned about how even reapers could die. The old man had had a wife still alive, she was growing sick, so the man couldn't stay away. The wife easily understood who he was even in his reaper form, and by knowing him when he had been alive and his full name, the old man faded away.

Yoongi drags a hand through his blond locks, and looks as they dance back and rest comfortably against his eyebrows. He brushes his teeth and moves underneath the chilled blankets.

'Tomorrow it begins. I'm looking forward to officially meet you, Park Jimin'

He closes his eyes.


Ahh, thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this maybe a bit over the place intro chapter, but ahh just wanted to write it all x)

Whatever feedback, please leave it as it's really much  appriciated!

Come talk to me on tumblr, about Yoonmin, fanfics, nothing and everything! :3

Again thank you for reading this long intro, it means alot!

- Tae-ken