Dinner

The Notebook

 

Leo coughed.

His mother smiled at him.

She poured water onto his body then his clothes.

“I love you.”

___________________________________________

Leo woke up with a gasp.

The birds were chirping, and the sun was shining brightly.

Leo sighed and covered his face.

It happened again.

Sniffling, Leo made his bathroom.

The scar was still there.

Honey came inside the room  and jumped onto the bed.

Leo was feeling really unwell these days, the same dream kept repeating in his head for days on end.

The boy washed his face before noticing the scar on his shoulder.

Leo covered the scar with his Shirt, he hated seeing the spiteful scar, it was the one reason everything was gone.

The young man fixed himself some breakfast and got ready for work like usual.

The day after tomorrow was when he was finally going to see Lay again.

Leo was quite proud of himself for helping Open and touch DoorKnobs without his white Gloves.

Leo headed out to work at the Dentist Center for Children.

Many small children came to get there that day.

“Hi Mr. Leo.” A very familiar little girl stepped in the room with her mother.

“Mary, how is your teeth are they clean ?” Leo smiled and sat her in the chair.

Mary nodded and laid back.

Leo checked her teeth quietly while the television featured cartoons.

“So Leo have you gotten someone yet?” Mary’s mother asked.

Leo lifted his head slightly and smiled.

“No.”

He shook his head and continued checking the girl’s mouth.

“Perfect.”

Leo pat Mary  on her head and lead her off the chair.

“I’m sure you’ll get someone some day.”

Leo raised his eyebrows doubtfully.

It wasn’t that Leo doubted that he would get anyone some day, he was not sure it was going to be who he wanted.

“Next.”


 

5:30

_________________

Leo logged out.

He checked his pocket to make sure he had his car Keys.

A black car was parked in front of the shop.

Leo stared at it for a while.

The dimmed windows rolled down to reveal Kris’s smiling face.

Leo stopped and stood confused as why Kris was here.

“Oh Leo, nice to see you.”

Kris smiled and Leo bowed deeply.

“Come with me, I’ll bring you out to dinner.”

Leo wanted to deny the offer but the face Kris was showed seemed kind of pitiful just to tell him no.

One of the men in a suit opened the door for him.

Leo came in and sat next to Kris.

“So you're a dentist?’’

Kris smiled and pat Leo on the back, to reassure him that he wasn’t in the least bit trouble with him.

The driver drove to a seven star restaurant.

They sat at right in the middle of the crowd  of rich higher folks.

“This place is nice.”Leo mumbled.

Though he wasn’t the least bit moved by the richer people that surrounded him from every side.

What Leo wanted to know was to know as to why Kris had took him here in the first place, sure Kris had other things to do with his life, and he would have called if he wanted to Leo out to dinner in the middle of the weekend.

 

“If you want this could be the place you eat everyday.”

Kris stated.

Now Leo was interested in what Kris had to say.

Kris sat up and intertwined his fingers while staring right at Leo.

 

“I invited you to dinner to discuss something's about my brother, Lay.”

Lay?

“Lay never had many friends, I’m sad to say because of his ‘Problem.’ But he has been talking about one particular  ‘friend’ this whole week.” Kris raised his eyebrow and pointed to Leo.

“You.”

Leo sighed and let him continue.

“ I know that you aren't very proud in money, so if  you want, I could give you any sum of money you want so you can continue to be his friend.”

Leo scoffed and stood up.

Did he really think that he had to pay someone to be his brother’s friend.

Leo was cross, he didn’t really mind that Kris thought of him as poor, it broke him more that he thought that he had to pay someone to be Lay’s friend.

“I’m done, thank you for the dinner, but I have to get home.”

Leo stormed before Kris grabbed his wrist.

“I have seen Lay progress over this week. He has been walking around the house and opening the door without his gloves. That’s something I’ve never seen him do for ten or so years.”

Leo turned around and stared at Kris.

Kris’s eyes seemed kind of sad.

He stared at Leo with desperation.

 

“Please.”

Leo nodded.

“Tell me something, I know something happened in your family, why didn’t you turn out like Lay?” Leo sat back down with a large smirk plastered across his face.

Kris smirked as well.

“Just having a string of lovers and a super Horney boyfreind, I offered it but he wouldn't take any."

Leo nodded and walked out the restaurant.

Sure he would Lay out if he needed help with  his problem.

Leo smirked.

This was getting better and better by the day.